PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Privately Organized Tourney, PA

Solpugid
12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Saturday, February 3 (day after groundhog day!), at 12:45 pm I will be holding a privately organized tourney. This means no official judge.

It will be held in Huntingdon Pennsylvania, specifically at Juniata College. The address is 1600 Moore Street (signs to Juniata are all around town). The event will be in Brumbaugh Science Center (large dome-fronted building on Moore Street), in Alumni Hall (auditorium at the very front of Brumbaugh, visible from the street). Don't worry, the campus is small so it's very easy to find.

The entry fee will be $15. This money will go to a 100% prize payout, with exact prize split based on number of players. Something like this:

10 participants:
1st: $60
2nd: $40
3rd: $25
4th: $25

20 participants:
1st: $120
2nd: $60
3rd and 4th: $30
5th-8th: $15

Food will probably not be readily available (though we can order pizza or subs for anyone who wants it), so bring some lunch.

Anyone need any more info? Please ask.

URABAHN
12-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Have any of my fellow Virginians found out how far this is? I'm too lazy to Mapquest this bitch.

Solpugid
12-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Huntingdon is a rather small, quaint (spelling?) town about 45 minutes south of State College (that's where Penn State is, if you didn't know). It's still a few hours from Virginia, but not all that far.

Here you go (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9a/Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Huntingdon_County.svg/800px-Map_of_Pennsylvania_highlighting_Huntingdon_County.svg.png)

Pinder
12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Saturday, February 3 (day after groundhog day!)

<shameless plug> and my birthday!</shameless plug>

Seriously, if only there were some way to get to PA from here in western WA for cheap...

Solpugid
12-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Rent Bill Gates' helicopter?

Pinder
12-13-2006, 02:15 PM
That just might do it! :tongue:.

Complete_Jank
12-14-2006, 04:51 PM
If there were more Tourneys in PA, I'd probably travel back to PA to visit family and plan the trips around large tourneys.

Maybe some stuff near Harrisburg, kind of in the middle of Virginia and New York, and not too far of a drive from family.

I noted the date of your tourney. If I'm out there, I'll make it.

The Cisco Kid
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Just curious as to how this tourney is shaping up. Have you nailed down a location? Also, I guess it's not terrible to get this thread near the top again.

URABAHN
01-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Just curious as to how this tourney is shaping up. Have you nailed down a location? Also, I guess it's not terrible to get this thread near the top again.

It's less than a month away and there's no location? If I'm going to drive 3 hours for a Legacy event, I gotta know where to go. Don't want to find out it's been moved for cancelled.

Solpugid
01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry guys! My computer got corrupted so I haven't been on here in a while.

Yes, I have a location. All the info will be in the first post. Thanks for the interest.

Arsenal_Fan
02-04-2007, 01:49 PM
What were the results of this? I know the weather wasn't so great in western and central PA.