SB: 1 [PS] Hull Breach
SB: 1 [OD] Haunting Echoes
SB: 4 [US] Duress
SB: 1 [OV] Pyroclasm

[B]Card Choices:
Fetch Lands: They fetch the lands I need... Simple
Cycle Lands: Great with LftL
Wasteland: Great with LftL.
Gemstone Mine: Once you use the counters, you get it back with LftL... Fixes the mana base, which sucks.

Walls: Drawing cards is good, plus, they slow down Goblins and Threshold.
Scarab: He comes back to beat again, and again, and again. Cant be StP'ed.

Gamble: Tutor for anything in the deck for a mana... Low chance that whatever you throw away will actually hurt you.
Dreams: The reason to play this deck... WoG against Goblins and Un-Thresh'ed Bears/Mongoose, plus Mage. Also, Solidarity likes lands.
Therapy: Hurts combo, clears away counterspells. If you dredge it away, you can Flash it back.
LftL: I think you can figure it out...
Assult: Kills Goblins... You refill your hand each turn with LftL.
CotV: Grab it with Gamble... play it against Thresh and Solidarity at one to slow them down.
Smallpox: I'm actually testing this right now... it kills Mongoose, and makes your opponent discard a land and a card. You can usually get your cards back with Loam.
Wish: The best of the 5 wishes... Why wouldn't you run it, it grabs all your key cards.
Mox: DD doesn't kill it... You get your land back with LftL.
Regroth: Randomly in there to grab whatever you may need.

I think you can figure out the sideboard...

Matchups
Goblins: Easy... You WoG their board, then kill them with SA and Scarab Beats.

Threshold: Harder than Goblins, but still easy. Their mana base sucks, run Wasteland, DD, and Smallpox. CotV early hurts them alot, and allows for you to set up.

Solidarity: To tell the truth, this is not that good of a matchup... You can win every once in a while if you disrupt them, and beat down with Scarab while SA'ing them quickly. Though, to tell the truth... that wont happen often.

Deadguy: Pretty easy... You kill all their guys with SA and DD, LftL takes away from their discard.

Rifter: As long as you don't cycle so much that they win from it, you beat them. Just write 2-0 on the slip if they are playing it.

I need help on making the deck better, as well as ideas on making the Solidarity matchup better.

And yes, I know spelling and such sucks right now... I'll edit it tommorow or the next day when I'm not so tired. Sorry about that.

Maveric78f
12-13-2006, 04:58 AM
1°/ I like your build it's a bit different from the usual kobe-like LftL decks

2°/ your land base is quite bad I would say.
a) 9 cycling lands is too much, you only need 5/7 I think because you are running gamble that will provide you with your LftL or cycling card.
b) 6 fetches for only 5 tutorable lands. I would prefer 4 for 7.
c) Gemstone mine ? Why that ? You are playing a 3color deck. Play bilands instead of that

3°/ On chalice@2, you just scoop. Play at least 1 MD krosan grip tutorable with gamble.

4°/ On mother of rune + meddling mage naming LftL, you can almost scoop too. Play cabal pits or barbarien rings.

5°/ I would not play gamble + burning wish. I think that gamble is better than burning wish in a LftL deck because your hand is often of 5+ cards and most the cards can be discarded.

6°/ I like the wall of mulch. I did not know it.

7°/ I don't believe in you goblin matchup. First of all because you don't run WoG. I don't believe in your thresh matchup too. They'll have enough counterspells to prevent you from playing any of your major spells : chalice, devastating dreams, burning wish, assault, ... Their meddling mage & jotun grunt will hurt you a lot too.

Anarky87
12-13-2006, 10:54 AM
7°/ I don't believe in you goblin matchup. First of all because you don't run WoG.

He runs Devastating Dreams, which is more or less a Wrath against Goblin's creatures and land. Though have you ever had trouble getting to double RR against Goblins under Waste+Port?

Maveric78f
12-13-2006, 02:45 PM
it's not a wrath, why ? Because it's slowing you down far more than a wrath would. I recall you that you discard 2 cards at random + sac your lands although gob has vial or fast lackey to start a second time very quick.

I know well the non blue life from the loam based decks, because I play myself 3 of them (terragueddon, kobe-like and rifter-like). I know that these decks (except the rifter-like) have difficulties against gobs and his list has even less answer to gob than mine. That's why I doubt about it.

Bane of the Living
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
1°/ I like your build it's a bit different from the usual kobe-like LftL decks

2°/ your land base is quite bad I would say.
a) 9 cycling lands is too much, you only need 5/7 I think because you are running gamble that will provide you with your LftL or cycling card.
b) 6 fetches for only 5 tutorable lands. I would prefer 4 for 7.
c) Gemstone mine ? Why that ? You are playing a 3color deck. Play bilands instead of that

3°/ On chalice@2, you just scoop. Play at least 1 MD krosan grip tutorable with gamble.

4°/ On mother of rune + meddling mage naming LftL, you can almost scoop too. Play cabal pits or barbarien rings.

5°/ I would not play gamble + burning wish. I think that gamble is better than burning wish in a LftL deck because your hand is often of 5+ cards and most the cards can be discarded.

6°/ I like the wall of mulch. I did not know it.

7°/ I don't believe in you goblin matchup. First of all because you don't run WoG. I don't believe in your thresh matchup too. They'll have enough counterspells to prevent you from playing any of your major spells : chalice, devastating dreams, burning wish, assault, ... Their meddling mage & jotun grunt will hurt you a lot too.

Oh man another loam thread. Well this exact deck was constructed by Sexy_Rector aka Eric Darland give or take a few cards. I like the addition of Smallpox, and Ive been trying to work it into my build for a while now. I found the biggest problem to be losing a wall to it when they're so detrimental to staying alive. My current version cut all walls and only runs eternal witness, you should try that.

9 cycle lands is too many. 6-8 Is enough based on your meta's amount of needles and yard hate. 6 Fetches is fine but more than 5 targets is a must. The deck needs at least 2 basic mountains to cast Siesmic against decks with nonbasic land hate. Gemstones is retarded.

Chalice at 2 is indeed pretty bad, in my, as well as sexy rectors build there are 3 therapies and 3 duress to help assess that.

Meddling Mage doesnt do much of anything to this deck believe it or not. If they name loam you hit them with smallpox and devestating dreams. Something that hurts thresh or white weenie much more. Dreams wipes out the mage and mom if capped for 2.

Burning Wish and Gamble are the best reasons to play red in loam. One isnt really better than the other, they're first and foremost to get you loam. 3 lftl, 3 gamble, and 3-4 wish assure you always have a hand with loam.

Wall of Mulch blows. Play Wall of Roots for the mana it provides for loam and cycling. Or play Tinder Wall because it gives you a turn 2 Assault or speeds wish up a hell of alot. Consider Tinder if your having probs with solidarity.

The gobs matchup is very good. Running 6-8 walls puts a huge stunt in the amount of damage they dish out til you get dreams or wish online.

Thresh matchup is beastly good! Your walls block and survive all their creatures even with thresh. You have a bunch of discard if running a heavier discard package. You have loam, which in itself tools the deck because the uncounterable draw engine rolls too much card advantage for them to counter all the important spells. Recurring Wasteland is stupidly good, and if you get a dreams to resolve you should win the game.

Maveric78f
12-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Meddling Mage doesnt do much of anything to this deck believe it or not. If they name loam you hit them with smallpox and devestating dreams. Something that hurts thresh or white weenie much more. Dreams wipes out the mage and mom if capped for 2.

I told mage + MoR or red protection. With MoR you will not like wasting 2 random cards in hand + 2 lands just to get rid of MoR. Moreover Smallpox doesn't target, so that your WW opponent will love sacrificing his wayfarer or something else.

Actually, something is not logical in this build : walls + smallpox. And witness is really missing.

I would remove the smallpox, the burning wish and at least 2 assault, to include wall of roots, gamble*4, LftL*4 and witnesses. Regrowth & chalice are bad too in this deck, I would put the cabal therapy count @4.

Maveric78f
12-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Your site is so much bugged that I can't edit my post, so that I double post...

Here is a list around the walls that would deserve a try :
// Lands (25)
2 [TE] Wasteland
3 [ON] Wooded Foothills
2 [ON] Bloodstained Mire
1 [U] Badlands
3 [ON] Tranquil Thicket
1 [OD] Cabal Pit
2 [SH] Volrath's Stronghold
2 [U] Bayou
2 [B] Taiga
2 [ON] Forgotten Cave
1 [ON] Barren Moor
2 [OD] Barbarian Ring
1 [R] Mishra's factory (for cabal therapy)
1 [A] Plateau (for crime/punishment)

// Creatures (16)
4 [FD] Eternal Witness
3 [ON] Wall of Mulch
4 [SH] Wall of Blossoms
4 [MI] Wall of Roots
1 [DIS] Loaming Shaman (not to be decked, also good tech against eh opponent graveyard)

// Spells (19)
3 [RAV] Life from the Loam (only 3 because 2 is useless and gamble makes the job)
2 [US] Exploration (prefered to mox diamond because we have more tempo thanks to walls)
1 [7E] Seismic Assault
3 [TO] Devastating Dreams
4 [US] Gamble
1 [TSP] Krosan Grip (uncounterable)
1 [DIS] Crime/Punishment (I love this one...)
4 [JU] Cabal therapy

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [DIS] Crime/Punishment (anti-all backup, good teck against reanimation)
SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip (good against control)
SB: 4 [FE] Hymn to tourach (good against control AND combo)
SB: 2 [P3] Rolling Earthquake (good against aggro)
SB: 3 [IA] Pyroclasm (good against aggro)
SB: 1 [IA] Zuran Orb (good against aggro and burn and some random decks like saproburst or trix)
SB: 1 [DK] Tormod's Crypt (a bit more radical than shaman)

lukatron2
12-14-2006, 11:45 AM
I played something almost like this a couple weeks ago at a tourney. I'm not saying this deck is bad (it actually looks pretty good), but it just looks like a worse version of Eric Darland's deck from the dfd Richmond Virginia in 2006 (exept you added smallpox which wasn't available back then). and his mana base is a little more stable:

Eric Darland rgb loam control

Artifacts
4 Mox Diamond

Creatures
3 Eternal Witness
1 Grave-shell Scarab
3 Wall Of Blossoms
3 Wall Of Roots

Enchantments
3 Seismic Assault

Sorceries
4 Burning Wish
3 Cabal Therapy
3 Devastating Dreams
3 Gamble
3 Life From The Loam
2 Roar Of The Wurm

Basic Lands
1 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Swamp

Lands
2 Badlands
2 Barren Moor
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Forgotten Cave
2 Taiga
3 Tranquil Thicket
3 Wasteland
4 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard:
4 Chalice Of The Void
2 Pithing Needle
1 Cabal Therapy
4 Duress
1 Gamble
1 Hull Breach
1 Life From The Loam
1 Regrowth

I think you should model after this mana base. Ive played with it and its really stable/consistent. When I was playing it I got pissed cause I got RAPED by angel stompy! (pro-red). We added a single barbarian ring for an extra win condition and to deal with pro-red/creatures. ps...I heart DD+mox diamond :D

Bane of the Living
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I played something almost like this a couple weeks ago at a tourney. I'm not saying this deck is bad (it actually looks pretty good), but it just looks like a worse version of Eric Darland's deck from the dfd Richmond Virginia in 2006 (exept you added smallpox which wasn't available back then). and his mana base is a little more stable:

Eric Darland rgb loam control

Artifacts
4 Mox Diamond

Creatures
3 Eternal Witness
1 Grave-shell Scarab
3 Wall Of Blossoms
3 Wall Of Roots

Enchantments
3 Seismic Assault

Sorceries
4 Burning Wish
3 Cabal Therapy
3 Devastating Dreams
3 Gamble
3 Life From The Loam
2 Roar Of The Wurm

Basic Lands
1 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Swamp

Lands
2 Badlands
2 Barren Moor
2 Bloodstained Mire
4 Forgotten Cave
2 Taiga
3 Tranquil Thicket
3 Wasteland
4 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard:
4 Chalice Of The Void
2 Pithing Needle
1 Cabal Therapy
4 Duress
1 Gamble
1 Hull Breach
1 Life From The Loam
1 Regrowth

I think you should model after this mana base. Ive played with it and its really stable/consistent. When I was playing it I got pissed cause I got RAPED by angel stompy! (pro-red). We added a single barbarian ring for an extra win condition and to deal with pro-red/creatures. ps...I heart DD+mox diamond :D

Yea he's done alot of work with the archetype. I would certainly model that build then just change it at your own pref/meta. I know he eventually cut Roar, as did I. I find creatures as win conditions is just obsolete. The deck should win just fine on the back on SA, Factory, and Scarab. Scarab is the only creature worth running to kill the opponent obviously because hes immortal. Kinda like Highlander.

You should really add Massacre or Cave In as wish targets since free WoG's are very techy. Dont rely on Gamble way too much, because it doesnt directly tutor up cards and has anti synergy with dreams. I play 3 and find it plenty.

You have no excuse not playing 4 loams. 3 maindeck, 1 sb as a wish target. Dont change that. It would be like playing 3 High Tides in Solidarity.