PDA

View Full Version : Aluratog!!!!!!!

Evil Roopey
12-16-2006, 08:14 PM
yo check this out. i've been testing this list and it beats pretty much everything lol =p

the mana base:
4x underground sea
4x polluted delta
1x flooded strand
2x tundra
1x scrubland
1x tropical island
3x island
4x flagstones of trokair
3x rishadan port
2x city of traitors

i can't say enough about this mana base. it completely rocks and is completely stable too. it enables you to go metal like the postal surface on some faces.

3x aluren
3x psychatog
4x flesh reaver
2x deed
3x gaea's blessing
2x rain, academy reactoer
4x force of will
3x brainstorm
3x cavern harpy
3x ravan familiar
1x horned kavu
2x engineered plague
1x spike feeder
1x eldamri's call
1x stern proctor
1x bequeathal

SB:
4x rishidan cutpure
4x footpd
2x brine elemental
3x tangle wire
2x winter orb

i decided to just put all the strongest cards into one awesome deck. then i added stern proctor so that you can beat penis needle on aluren, but you already beat threshold so hard it almost doesnt matter. goblins is like a cakewalk unless they get an early ib haveheart down. solidarity can be tough but blessing + aluren is a lock they just cant answer. there's no doubting that with this list you can totaly go metel like the postel service on the metagame. Like rollins like yeah! I know I say this all the goddamned time, but im seriously thinking wizards is going to but the banhammer/nerfbat/dream halls on this one rofl

It pwns mothers everyday today. DO IT!

GRO-This matchup is basically an autowin unless they get mental note into early thresh and penis needle on aluren. Luckily you have Eldamri's call into sterm proctor. Metal like Postal service-85% favored.

Joblins: More like big joblins! This deck rolls once you get your aluren advantage on the table. 85% favored

Solidarity: More like Big Joblins! not only does this deck have a hard time dealing with aluren into flesh reaver, but you play 4 gaea's blessing ROLLINS! 70% favored.

Elgin control: More like big Joblins! board control decks just don't have the tools to deal with an alpha strike, and they roll to wasteland before turn 4. 70% matchup-conservative estimate

Golden Grahms: Force of will, 'nuff said. 90%

ATS: This is your only difficult matchup. you get big joblins'd in game 1, but the new pirate-man-plan really crushes their poor mana base in the other games. 5% game 1, 95% games 2-3.

Hanni
12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
It just seems like Survival of the Fittest would be so strong in here. I realize that Brainstorm is really really good... but SoTF seems like it would hot.

My Name Is Scott
12-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Have you thought about using eldamri's vineyard against ATS? Talk about postal service to the face!

Bryant Cook
12-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey look another deck "created" by Evil Roopey, could you post deck choices and actual description on match-ups please? Thank you.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't understand the results you attained in the ATS matchup. I did some preliminary testing and even game one seems quite favorable for you.

Hanni
12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey look another deck "created" by Evil Roopey

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4092 8/22/06

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4046 8/15/06

Just sayin...

Anyway, it seems like you changed the list after I left my latest comment. You are no longer running Intuition or Anger or any of that? It still seems like Survival would be very strong though, since it tutors for your lock pieces of Cavern Harpy and Raven Familiar, so on and so forth. It could also let you reduce some of the numbers down on certain creatures like Psychatog and allow you to run things like Anger (again). What are your thoughts in this?

Plank
12-16-2006, 09:06 PM
2x rain, academy reactoer

Academy Rector or Rayne, Academy Chancellor?

AnwarA101
12-16-2006, 09:08 PM
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4092 8/22/06

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4046 8/15/06

I didn't want to bring this up, but I did actually send Ramsaroop a list containing Aluren and Psychatog, just as a thought experiment, a short while ago. There were some differences- amongst other things, Roopey cut some of the green sources for Flagstones of Trokair, which I didn't necessarily agree with- but I thought it also bore mentioning.

It could just be a coincidence, though. Roopey's a pretty good guy, and I don't want to do anything hurtful like accuse him of stealing.

Hanni
12-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm not accusing him of stealing, I just wanted to set the record straight. His EBA list is a bit different from mine, since I originally posted the deck with 4 Brainstorm as my only cantrip and he ran something like 14 cantrips. Still though, the decks are pretty much the same thing... UWb aggro/control... with Confidant, Meddling Mage, Jotun Grunt, and so forth. My list has evolved since then, I actually encorporated Serum Visions into my list after some persuasion of the EBA thread and some of the other suggestions I was given on other forums. As I said, I just wanted to set the record straight.

On another note... is this a joke thread or what? The deck doesn't seem all that bad but the short deck description seems like your making a joke and there is no detailed card descriptions at all. There is also a post on the Proven Forums discussing that this deck beats everything and autoloses to ATS and I'm a little in the dark here. I sense sarcasm but the deck doesn't seem all that bad...

Cait_Sith
12-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Not to be rude but a matchup list of: "This beats everything hands down" seems unrealistic at best.

Please take the time to put serious thought into your post, or at least a general attempt at grammar/spelling. And post the full names of the cards too -_-. Since Gatherer it out I can't find which "Deed" you are talking about. I am gonna assume Pernicious.

Other than that: I am unsure how Aluren and Gaea's Blessing is a lock. Someone fill me in?

Also, Aluren is not affected by Pithing Needle...'

How does Rayne fit into this?

edgewalker
12-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Ahhh the next thunderbluff. Hopefully this deck will be much more viable. I still can't believe Wizards banned the hear and sole of the deck. Anuba Grunts!!!!

Cait_Sith
12-16-2006, 09:50 PM
That totally does not aleviate my fears that this is a gag.

Edit: That and the fact that this completely lacks Ropey's normal clarity of thought and writing.

DeathwingZERO
12-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Edit: That and the fact that this completely lacks Ropey's normal clarity of thought and writing.

Hilarity.

EDIT: Oh, I should probably say more than 1 line, don't want to get warningzzzzzzzzzzzz. How's the matchup against those savage combo decks like NecroPebbles and Nefarious Trix? What about Ankh-Sui-U/W?

Cait_Sith
12-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Terrible. But it roxz Necrostasis.

The Rack
12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Pretty funny how everyone on this forum is so worried about being tricked by a "Thunderbluff". I don't care if I get warned. Good luck Evil, Roopey!!

DeathwingZERO
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh man, Necrostasis. I completely forgot about that one, it's been out of my playtesting gauntlet for days now.

So what is the gameplan if your opponent Commandeers Aluren?

Evil Roopey
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not accusing him of stealing, I just wanted to set the record straight. His EBA list is a bit different from mine, since I originally posted the deck with 4 Brainstorm as my only cantrip and he ran something like 14 cantrips. Still though, the decks are pretty much the same thing... UWb aggro/control... with Confidant, Meddling Mage, Jotun Grunt, and so forth. My list has evolved since then, I actually encorporated Serum Visions into my list after some persuasion of the EBA thread and some of the other suggestions I was given on other forums. As I said, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Just to set things straight, I don't really read other people's threads unless I actually know who you are, and at the time, I had no clue who you were, so I had never even seen your list before. That and the concept of Thresh-esque decks was in fact mine and your deck was a Fish deck.

Mr. Nipples
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
So what is the gameplan if your opponent Commandeers Aluren?
The one of Stern Procter should be enough to hold off commandeer. You shouldn't have trouble finding it either because you're running brainstorm, raven familiar, and eladamri's call.

Phya
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Are there 62 cards by accident or are you trying to make your Legacy Weapon match up better? :tongue:

Cait_Sith
12-16-2006, 11:54 PM
That is the secret tech for Necrostasis actually. You need 62 cards so they don't deck you since they run 61.

outsideangel
12-17-2006, 01:02 AM
This deck sux. IT totally rolls to ProsBloom. Force of Will cannot stop the awesome power of Squandered Resources.

The Rack
12-17-2006, 02:10 AM
This gets absolutely powned by Thunderbluff. Double Tahngarth for the win.

MasterBlaster
12-17-2006, 02:47 AM
This gets absolutely powned by Thunderbluff. Double Tahngarth for the win.

Quoted for truthery.

You should maindeck a playset of Engineered Plague for those pesky minotaurs!

Evil Roopey
12-17-2006, 02:53 AM
Umm this is a very serious deck and I am horribly insulted by the way you guys are responded. Fuck off.

Phya
12-17-2006, 02:54 AM
ugh... I can't believe I actually wrote up the entire list in MWS before I noticed that there was only one source of green mana in the deck. I have been forever shamed.

I conceed, you got me. :rolleyes:

outsideangel
12-17-2006, 02:57 AM
Umm this is a very serious deck and I am horribly insulted by the way you guys are responded. Fuck off.

You should add Aluratog to your "Creator of:" sig.

Hanni
12-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Just to set things straight, I don't really read other people's threads unless I actually know who you are, and at the time, I had no clue who you were, so I had never even seen your list before. That and the concept of Thresh-esque decks was in fact mine and your deck was a Fish deck.

Too bad you didn't know who I was then. I could care less if you knew who I was right now, actually. I still built a deck thats solid in the format and saying that you are the creator of EBA... I could care less. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Threshold was a deck created before me and before you and that's pretty much how it is. If you read the rest of my post, maybe you'd be less of an asshole about it. Either way, UWb Fish is a great deck for the format.

AnwarA101
12-17-2006, 03:55 AM
You should add Aluratog to your "Creator of:" sig.

Sounds like a plan, maybe he could add Threshold, Vial Goblins and Solidarity too.

Aggro_zombies
12-17-2006, 04:24 AM
O_o

Is this deck actually serious? I mean...maybe I'm just really bad with these sorts of things, but that thing looks like a steaming pile. Also, I'm pretty sure this autoloses to Thunder Bluff. You have no way to deal with the Karplusan Minotaur tech I've been testing short of rigging my coins.

My Name Is Scott
12-17-2006, 04:56 AM
There are alot of people fucking around in an otherwise legitimate thread. I'd tell you to knock that shit off if I weren't so concerned about the deck's trix matchup.

Peter_Rotten
12-17-2006, 05:36 AM
At least Thuderbluff was funny. But fake decks have become the Chuck Norris of The Source.