PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Legacy Meandeck Open 1/21/07

Smmenen
12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
We are holding a series of Legacy tournaments in Columbus, Ohio leading up to the Grand Prix. Some of you have expressed interest in legacy in Columbus. Those of you from the midwest have no excuse! Come out and play. Our last event was a great success so we wish to build upon it!

To summarize:

What: Legacy tournament

Entry is $15

Where: The Soldiery

4256 N. High St.

Columbus, Ohio 43214

When: January 21, 2006

Prizes: Will be based upon attendance. Last time we gave away
1st: $200
2nd: $120
3rd:$60
4th:$20

Registration starts at 12:30. Tournament begins at 1pm sharp.
Last time the tournament went until around 8pm.

Also: this event will be sanctioned and judged. Don't forget your DCI number! With GP: Columbus coming up after the event, this is a good place to test your deck or cut your teeth on the Legacy format.

Hope you can make it!

TeenieBopper
12-23-2006, 05:10 AM
I've always been a big fan of 4/2/1/1, but hey, what the hell do I know. It's not my tourney, nor am I going.

SpatulaOfTheAges
12-24-2006, 11:57 AM
It's not unreasonable to have a wide disparity between the final few spots, but it would also be perfectly reasonable to say that after X(40, perhaps) turnout that t8ing would at least guarantee a refund on your entry. The logical limit is the economy of the tournament. The more people you have, the more money you make, the lower down the prizes should go as reward and incentive.

I'm curious what the difference between 3rd and 4th is. Are they going to play it out? Or is it just based on seed coming into the t8? Or what?

I might make it out to this one.

Peter_Rotten
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Griping deleted. Christ, if you don't like the prize structure, DON'T GO! The people doing the most griping are people who wouldn't be making the trip anyway.

Don't rain on the parade.

NANTUKO_SHADY
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Griping deleted. Christ, if you don't like the prize structure, DON'T GO! The people doing the most griping are people who wouldn't be making the trip anyway.
Don't rain on the parade.

Agreed. We should be thankful that Legacy tournaments keep coming to us, whether or not the prize support was exactly what you were hoping for. If you like the prizes and the tournament structure, then go. If you think the tournament is shit, then don't go. Merry X-mas!

freakish777
12-24-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm curious what the difference between 3rd and 4th is. Are they going to play it out? Or is it just based on seed coming into the t8? Or what?

I might make it out to this one.

The difference between 3rd and 4th at the first was based on some sort of Tie-Breaker (Game Win Percentage if I'm not mistaken, to eliminate it just being whoever's opponent went on to win first). We did not play it out.

Cavius The Great
12-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey Smmenen, I'm sorry for the bickering back and forth. I really respect you man, I hope we're still cool. I have nothing against you, I just have the tendency to speak my mind, and at times, I don't even think about the outcome. I hope we can still be buds. :wink:

Afro
12-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Hey Smmenen, I'm sorry for the bickering back and forth. I really respect you man, I hope we're still cool. I have nothing against you, I just have the tendency to speak my mind, and at times, I don't even think about the outcome. I hope we can still be buds. :wink:

You done sucking his dick yet?

Smmenen
01-20-2007, 02:59 AM
See you there this Sunday :)