PDA

View Full Version : Energy Field

No_Life_No_Future
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Energy Field
Urza's Saga rare
Cost: 1U
Card Type: Enchantment
Rules Text (Oracle): Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you by sources you don't control.
When a card is put into your graveyard, sacrifice Energy Field.

When i saw this enchantment I began thinking of ways to keep it in play.

I dont think Planar void would work because Energy Field and planar void trigger the same way. Planar void isnt a replacement effect so it still allows the card to hit the yard before RFGing it. Please tell me im wrong so i can make a fun deck :)...

Samurai of the Pale Curtain
Set & Rarity: Champions of Kamigawa uncommon
Cost: WW
Card Type: Creature - Fox Samurai
P/T: 2/2
Rules Text (Oracle): Bushido 1 (When this blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
If a permanent would be put into a graveyard, remove it from the game instead.

If I made a deck of only permanents could I keep Energy field in play as long as the samurai is in play?

What happends if i stifle/trickbind/voidslime energy fields triggered ability? will the stifle going to the yard upon resolution trigger energy field again?

How can i keep this thing in play???

Aggro_zombies
12-20-2006, 05:22 AM
If I made a deck of only permanents could I keep Energy field in play as long as the samurai is in play?

What happends if i stifle/trickbind/voidslime energy fields triggered ability? will the stifle going to the yard upon resolution trigger energy field again?

Answer to the first question: yes, but that's a lot of effort to go to for a card that's more or less worse than Solitary Confinement.

Answer to the second question: Yes, if they aren't on a stick. Scepter makes copies which don't go to the yard (I think...). So you would need to imprint a Scepter with one of those cards and then use it every time something goes into your graveyard.

You could also Donate a Leyline of the Void to your opponent. That works just as well as the Samurai. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it sucks just as hard, too.

URABAHN
12-20-2006, 05:25 AM

Yes, Samurai's replacement effect prevents permanents from ever touching the graveyard.

What happends if i stifle/trickbind/voidslime energy fields triggered ability?

You sure can, but then...

will the stifle going to the yard upon resolution trigger energy field again?

Stifle will go to the yard and break Energy Field.

Make a deck with all permanents and Samurai of the Pale Curtain?

3eowulf
12-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Just to add something more:

Yes, but only as long as you don't discard a card or one of your spells get countered.

Stifle will go to the yard and break Energy Field.

Yes, if they are on a stick. Scepter makes copies which don't go to the yard (I think...). So you would need to imprint a Scepter with one of those cards and then use it every time something goes into your graveyard.
This is right, except that the copies go to the graveyard, but they aren't cards, so they don't trigger the Energy Field

skirge5
12-20-2006, 06:36 PM
The question is why do you need to keep in it play for eternity. I ran the field in a build of Pros/bloom, so I could sit and develope lands plus the enchantments I need without fear of aggro beating me down, then let it die the turn I went off.

No_Life_No_Future
01-03-2007, 03:40 AM
-URABAHN

The Samuri never says from play.... so as long as all of my cards were permanents i would be ok?

on1y0ne
01-03-2007, 08:15 AM
-URABAHN

The Samuri never says from play.... so as long as all of my cards were permanents i would be ok?

A card is not a permanant unless is was in play.

Finn
01-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Yawgmoth's Agenda is a replacement effect that hooks you up with Energy Field, but it mostly sucks otherwise.

dahcmai
01-05-2007, 07:27 AM
You know that's a hilarious sideboard card strategy for any deck that regularly gets Leyline of the Void boarded in against them. They board in void and you board this in and sit there with them unable to win if they play it on you. That is if it's iggy pop at least.

Finn
01-05-2007, 09:12 AM
That would be smurfy if Tendrils of Agony actually did damage. Energy Field does not prevent loss of life - just damage.