PDA

View Full Version : [Deck]B/W-Zombienation

DieMyDarling
12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi there, this is the first deck i post on ts. I had the idea for this deck as i read the thread about the unplayed cards in this format. The card i really like is Contamination, so i tried to build a deck that uses this card, and here it is:

Zombienation:

Lands:
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Flooded Strand
4 Scrubland
1 Plains
7 Swamp
4 Mishras Factory/wasteland

Creatures:
3 Krovikan Horror
2 Squee Goblin nabob
2 Gempalm Polluter

Spells:
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Vindicate
4 Dark Ritual
2 Buried Alive
2 Enlightened Tutor
4 Contamination
4 Zombie Infestation
1 Crucible of Worlds

Sideboard (still in work):
4 Engineerd Plague
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Cabal Therapy
3 Withered Wretch

The deck works by using contamination together with infestation/squee or crucible/mishra to lock ur opponent or/and rush him with many Zombies.
I am quite satisfied with the result yet. There are only some problems i am still dealing with:

-Explosive Goblin Starts ( They are not such a big problem, though u have a quite good matchup post-board)
-Deadguy and othher black based decks ( they just dont care about the contamination often)
- Tormods Crypt
- Factory or wasteland?

Against the Crypt i am testing chalice atm , but if he starts he often has the crypt before i can put down chalice.
Against deadguy i am testing Masticore in the board but i am not that satisfied with this solution yet.
At the moment i run the factories but Wastelands are very good before you have the contamination lying.

Mirrislegend
12-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Why Contamination? You say you want to use it to lock the opponent, but it doest do that: it just restricts them. And it takes so long to get online (with the support it needs) that they will probably have developed an unstoppable tempo advantage.

Go the BW Pikula route for Sinkhole and Wasteland. ZI replaces the need for Factories, so you can safely put in the Wastelands.

And while Krovikan Horror and Squee do recur, they do not make up for the complete lack of drawing in this deck. You will run out of steam very quickly without Dark Confidant or something.