3 Plateau
3 island

SB:
1 Blancing Act
1 Obliterate
1 Overmaster
1 Shattering Spree
11?

First off...I have not yet had a chance to do any testing. And even on paper there are alot of things I really want in the deck that I just can't fit such as counterspells/generally more blue cards/Swords to plowshares/and possibly more threats.

brief explaination:
Basically this is a form of Balancing Tings, but runs a much better mana base, counters and a lock component with Scepter Chant (an afterthought but it works).

Lotus Bloom, Ancestral Vision, Greater Gardadon:

They get out of the hand very early and when timed right can make Balancing Act extremely powerful, wiping both their hand and board. Greater Gargadon also has a very nice interaction with Flagstones, removing time counters and searching for Duals all at the same time.

Balancing Act

The other half of your combo, nuff said.

Burning wish
Orims Chant
Scepter
Fire/ice
brainstorm
Force of will
Ancestral vision

This is your basic control setup Draw/Counters/Answers. As I said before I dont like the small number of targets for Scepter but I hope to get some deck testing in soon so I can see what is lacking.

mana:
22 lands
4 Lotus bloom

The lotus does two things...allows the deck to resolve Obliterate much much faster, and it create enough mana to protect the combo. ie, Chant durring upkeep/ cast any suspend first main phase, then Balancing act (sack permanents).

I can't say that my version is neccessarily going in the righ direction, I have no testing yet besides mtgo ext. I am also considering a RW (rifter type) control deck shell. There are a couple of options available, but now its time to hear what you guys think.

Cheers

Iranon
12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't expect you to survive to resolve a single suspended spell in a lot of games; you win or lose on turn 3-5 most of the time in Legacy. This makes each and every suspended card questionable in your opening hand and an absolutely lousy topdeck.

Sorry if this comes across as unthinkingly negative, but the concept doesn't seem viable; for all intents and purposes this is Scepter Control with a lot of blank cards.

[edit]: If this is a joke, please stop baiting us poor Germans. Most of us had our sense of humour surgically removed at birth.

Mirrislegend
12-20-2006, 07:24 PM
This is the same as the last Gargadon thread. And that one got shot to pieces. And sadly, no lockjob on them, just a merge.

C.P.
12-20-2006, 07:30 PM
[edit]: If this is a joke, please stop baiting us poor Germans. Most of us had our sense of humour surgically removed at birth.

That's plenty of humor you've got there.:tongue:

For the deck, I looks incredibly slow. Peace Talk or StP?

Zilla
12-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Force of Will seems suspect with only 16 blue cards to support it. It also can't be put on a stick, where Counterspell can. It's probably the better choice.

I'm inclined to agree with others who think the combo in this deck is just dead space. It screams "The Danger of Cool Things" to me. It's inelegant, easily disrupted, slow, doesn't win the game on the same turn even if you manage to resolve your combo pieces, and takes up seven slots in your deck. Seems unwise.

Happy Gilmore
12-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Force of Will seems suspect with only 16 blue cards to support it. It also can't be put on a stick, where Counterspell can. It's probably the better choice.

I'm inclined to agree with others who think the combo in this deck is just dead space. It screams "The Danger of Cool Things" to me. It's inelegant, easily disrupted, slow, doesn't win the game on the same turn even if you manage to resolve your combo pieces, and takes up seven slots in your deck. Seems unwise.

Your absolutely right. And after my testing today I can make a much better pass at the whole deck concept. Blue doesn't belong, not by a long shot. And Force of Will does very little against the cheep removal that will be targeted at Gargadon. So I present a new list with a more uniform direction.

4 Annurid Brushhopper
4 Greater Gargadon

4 Burning wish
3 Balancing Act

4 Abayance
4 Orim's Chant
4 Magma jet (still looking for something better)

3 Isochron Scepter
4 SDTop

4 Lotus Bloom
4 Savannah
4 Plateau
3 Taiga
3 Wooded Foothills
2 Windswept Heath
4 Flagstones
1 Mountain
1 Forest

SB:
1 Hull Breach
1 Shattering Spree
1 Balancing Act
1 Overmaster
1 Armageddon
1 Life from the loam
1 Morning Tide
1 Wrath of God
1 Pyroclasm
5? meta slots

I'm afraid I dont have time to post an explaination but I might recomend giving it a shot. If only so you know its not a viable strategy (I might recomend proxying, Flagstones/Lotus bloom run the bill up real quick):wink: .