PDA

View Full Version : Akroma on her Belly

Pinder
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
So, with the new Akroma comes a new rules question:

Akroma, Angel of Fury can't be countered, but am I correct in assuming that if you play her face down, then she can, as the facedown spell has no name and no abilities? Sort of like how you can still play a facedown Exalted Angel through a Meddling Mage?

Nightmare
01-09-2007, 02:31 PM
So, with the new Akroma comes a new rules question:

Akroma, Angel of Fury can't be countered, but am I correct in assuming that if you play her face down, then she can, as the facedown spell has no name and no abilities? Sort of like how you can still play a facedown Exalted Angel through a Meddling Mage?Correct. More important question: If I name "Morph" with Meddling Mage, does it prevent my opponent from playing face-down creatures?

ForceofWill
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't think you can because you have to name an actuall card and there is no card in MTg called morph. and also i don't think when you play a card face down you are playing a spell morph. Go look up morph it probably has it's own rules. =\

Zir
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Since when a morph is being played it's a nameless 2/2 creature without abilities, she doesn't possess her ability when she's on the stack as a morph rather than Akroma, Angel of Fury. I can't quote any official rules concering this, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Nightmare:
From the Onslaught FAQ:
* Meddling Mage can't prevent a card from being played face down.

Nightmare
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
sonofabitch.

Anyway, answered.