PDA

View Full Version : Eye of the Storm

Complete_Jank
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Cost: 5UU
Card Type: Enchantment
Rules Text (Oracle): Whenever a player plays an instant or sorcery card, remove it from the game. Then that player copies each instant or sorcery card removed from the game with Eye of the Storm. For each copy, the player may play the copy without paying its mana cost.

Official Rulings:

2/1/2006 When a spell with Replicate is copied by Eye of the Storm, you have the opportunity to pay additional costs, so you may Replicate as much as you like (assuming you have the mana available).
1/1/2006 You must still follow any restrictions on when you can play the spell, such as "play only during combat" or "play only on your own turn."
10/1/2005 The ability triggers when a player plays an instant or sorcery *card*. A copy of a card (such as those generated by Eye of the Storm itself) won't trigger this ability. The card that was played is removed from the game and won't resolve, but the player will get a copy of the spell from Eye of the Storm.
10/1/2005 When the ability resolves, the player copies all cards removed from the game with Eye of the Storm, not just the cards he or she owns. That player then chooses which of those copies to play, if any. All chosen copies are played in the order the player chooses.
10/1/2005 The player chooses modes, pays additional costs, chooses targets, and so on for the copies when playing them. Any X in the mana cost of a copy played this way will be 0. Alternative costs can't be paid.

Question: If you counter your opponent's spell before the trigger removes the card, will they still get to cast all spells removed by Eye of the Storm?

I think yes as it will try to resolve as much as possible.

parallax
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes. Their spell will not be removed, but the rest of the ability will still trigger normally, and they can play all the spells removed by Eye of the Storm, including your counterspell.

cdr
01-11-2007, 02:12 PM
416.3. If an effect attempts to do something impossible, it does only as much as possible.

Example: If a player is holding only one card, an effect that reads "Discard two cards" causes him or her to discard only that card.

Also, remember that Eye of the Storm will trigger on your counterspell and remove it, stack-jacking them. This also means that Eye will make a copy of your counterspell when your trigger resolves and when your opponent's trigger resolves.

Complete_Jank
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Also, remember that Eye of the Storm will trigger on your counterspell and remove it, stack-jacking them. This also means that Eye will make a copy of your counterspell when your trigger resolves and when your opponent's trigger resolves.
Yes, but you can then can cast it and counter their spell.

Watcher487
01-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Yes, but you can then can cast it and counter their spell.

Here is an example what what is going on.

Eye of the storm with let's say Time Warp on it.

Let's say your opponent casts Disenchant.

Here is what you need to do.

You can let the Eye of the Storm ability go onto the stack, then counter the Disenchant.

What happens from here is that your counterspell goes onto the stack, if no one has any resposes it gets sucked into the Eye and all of the spells go off on the Eye.

So, you will have a copy of Counterspell go on the stack and a copy of Time Warp go on the stack. This is still in response to your opponent's Disenchant. The next step here is to resolve the copies on the stack (aka your Counterspell and Time Warp), this here will counter your opponent's Disenchant.

Then the Eye goes off for your opponent for what is on the Eye. (The counterspell and the Time Warp.)

As Parallax said Yes.

Brushwagg
01-11-2007, 07:24 PM
OMFG!!!!!!! I'm getting confused just trying to read that. I hate to try to figure all that shit out in a chaos game.

Watcher487
01-11-2007, 10:29 PM
OMFG!!!!!!! I'm getting confused just trying to read that. I hate to try to figure all that shit out in a chaos game.

I have it for a casual deck. And I'm slowly working it into T2 and Extended.

Brushwagg
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I have it for a casual deck. And I'm slowly working it into T2 and Extended.

That doesn't surprise me. You probably laugh your ass off while playing it aganist some random newbie too.

Watcher487
01-13-2007, 07:46 PM
That doesn't surprise me. You probably laugh your ass off while playing it aganist some random newbie too.

Nah what makes me laugh my ass off is when I have 20 extra turns stacked up along with 20 Exhaustions stacked up.

Complete_Jank
01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Nah what makes me laugh my ass off is when I have 20 extra turns stacked up along with 20 Exhaustions stacked up.

Want to really upset people, play with Timesifter, Sculpting Steal, and Copy Artifact.

I had to use turn counter cards to keep track of things, and it removes their cards as well. When you try and explain things to someone they get even more confused. They get excited when they win a turn, but get upset when they realize it is under the stack of 2 other turns and it will just get piled under more and more.

Raider Bob
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Uh does this card just tell Storm to screw itself? If the card is replacing the origional spell with a copy and copies do not create storm copies..Sorry my head just exploded...Does the origional spell drop the storm copies when it is played or do you only get one copy cause thie spell is in play...My head hurts...8)

Locutus
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
actually the card makes storm even better. EotS does not replace spells, it has a triggered ability.
When you play a sell with storm, two triggered abilities trigger: the one from EotS, and storm itself. when the storm trigger resolves, it makes copys of the original spell, even if the spell is no longer on the stack due to EotS, so you will get storm copies anyway. when the EotS triggerresolves, it removes your spell from the game, than you may play some number of spells. Even if you play just copies of the spell, you still play them, so storm triggers again, making even more copies. So with X spells played before your Storm spell and Y spells removed by EotS, you would get 2X+Y copies of the spell, plus the original, if you play all other removed spells before the storm spell.

blitz
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
hmmmm

so if one has 2 red and 7 blue floating, plays lotus petal and cracks it for blue, then EOTS(spending 6 blue, 1 red), then rite of flame with another in the yard, and then plays serum visions, electrolyze, and then grapeshot...

how many cards do you draw, how much mana do you have, and how much damage do you do from start to finish if you copied each spell under eots everytime a spell resolved?

Locutus
01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
8 red mana, 5 drawn cards and 31 damage, if I didn't screw up *g*

Mirrislegend
01-21-2007, 06:59 PM
So, you will have a copy of Counterspell go on the stack and a copy of Time Warp go on the stack. This is still in response to your opponent's Disenchant. The next step here is to resolve the copies on the stack (aka your Counterspell and Time Warp), this here will counter your opponent's Disenchant.

Then the Eye goes off for your opponent for what is on the Eye. (The counterspell and the Time Warp.)

So the Eye goes off for your opponent after it has for you? And all the copies made by the Eye finish resolving before it goes off for the opponent? Because if not, then they could use their copy of Counterspell to nail your Counterspell.

Locutus
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
yes, all your copies wil lresolve before they get to copy something.