PDA

View Full Version : [Article] The Legacy Metagame, Part 2

Bardo
01-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Linkage. (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/13511.html)

Whether it was intended or not, Legacy is the fruition of the Time Spiral aesthetic: where all of the great decks from Extended seasons past come back from the dead to settle ancient grudges and face arch-nemeses they haven't seen in years. Drama aside, be aware that Legacy is either exhilaratingly random or frustratingly random, depending on your attitude.

Phantom
01-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Very, very nice.

Drama aside, be aware that Legacy is either exhilaratingly random or frustratingly random, depending on your attitude.

Well said.

AngryTroll
01-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Another great article, Bardo. Thanks for keeping up the good work.

I also really liked the line quoted above. Most of the time I find it pretty fun to face random stuff (with manabases more expensive then some type two decks, of course), but some weeks it is just frustrating.

AnwarA101
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Bardo I'm not sure you realize this but I think the number of players you have for The Mana Leak Open is not correct. From what was posted on The Source there were over 100 players there. I don't believe all the decklists were posted. I sent a message to Anusien about this, but I never received a response. I'm not sure what happened to all the decklists, but only the first 52 were posted.

Bardo
01-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Bardo I'm not sure you realize this but I think the number of players you have for The Mana Leak Open is not correct.

Ah, thanks. I didn't realize this.

Most of the time I find it pretty fun to face random stuff (with manabases more expensive then some type two decks, of course), but some weeks it is just frustrating.

Yeah, I like sitting down across from some dude at one of our local tournaments and having no idea what I'll be facing. People play all sorts of awful junk. :) But the surprise factor is a lot of fun.

Tacosnape
01-12-2007, 04:35 AM
This is probably one of the most well-written and coherent articles about Legacy, or possibly anything, I've ever read. God bless the unstupid.

FakeSpam
01-12-2007, 07:54 AM
This almost makes me want to play again.

Good Job.

Deep6er
01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
First off, good job and such. Although, less of the publicity for difficult matchups would be cool. Secondly, I noticed a distinct lack of David Gearhart. Which, as everyone knows, makes articles better. This is, in addition to, his obvious Awesomeness as a person which (while obvious to many) should be broadcast to the masses.... wait, I forgot what I was talking about.... Oh, congratulations on the article even though the major omissions caused it to be far less spectacular than it could have been.

LOLZ. I'm so awesome. :)

Ta Jugs
01-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Its ok Dave my mono blue deck was on there instead.

Deep6er
01-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Its ok Dave my mono blue deck was on there instead.

It's because he felt really bad for how much less awesome you are than I am and decided to throw you a bone. :)

Lego
01-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Secondly, I noticed a distinct lack of David Gearhart. Which, as everyone knows, makes articles better.

QFT. A lack of David Gearthart certainly does make articles better.

Cait_Sith
01-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Oh Snap, Lich!

Deep6er
01-13-2007, 10:52 AM
QFT. A lack of David Gearthart certainly does make articles better.

You see, that would hurt if it was coming from someone who didn't play decks created by Jack Elgin. That obviously shows a complete lack of both judgement and sanity.

The Rack
01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
"coming from someone who didn't play decks created by Jack Elgin. That obviously shows a complete lack of both judgement and sanity."

QFT