PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Tournaments in Syracuse.

Raider Bob
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Altererd States (Play the Game) has changed the Weekly Sunday Legacy tournament to Saturday evening. I will start hosting a sunday Legacy tournament starting late Febuary early March. If you would like more information PM or contact me.

Prize Support will be as follows.

Entry Fee $10

8-10 Players
Top 4 Pay out Split up of a Booster Box
10-16
Top 4 Pay out Split up of a Booster Box + Booster Packs = to attendance support.
16-20 Players
Top 8 Pay out 1st Place 1 Box 2-8 split a second Box (More going to 2nd and less as you get to 8th
The Support will escalate up and up as attendance justifies.

Nightmare
01-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Bob, are you planning to run these at the store or some other location? Either way, I'm sure you'll garner interest, especially once Change the Name, Move the Store moves into Carousel. The Legacy event got moved to Saturday basically because most of the Legacy players have free time on Saturdays, but for those of us with 9-5s, either or both is great. Keep me informed, and I'll help spread the word.

Mulletus
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Good luck. I would rather be playing type 2 on saturdays... but whatever. I have a sinking feeling that Legacy is falling appart in Sracuse. I think Altered Prices has limited all events to 24 people max, in the mall anyway. I don't think booster packs will draw that many 1.5 players. That coupled with the fact that you cant spend store credit on real dual lands... or any card that they dont have 5 or more copies of. But hey, maybe moving into the largest shopping ceter in our area will lower their prices. It looks like moving from the ghetto into Mattyhole did them wonders.

ps. I am interested in getting to 1900 for a second bye in Columbus, so I might stop by

Raider Bob
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
I am working on a location at the moment, as for prize support a 143$ retail Booster box is pretty good prize support for 8-10 people. It is looking like we will be holding monthly tournaments at Pasttimes, near the old Twilight, oh BTW Mulletis there is a bar where I think the tournament location will be. Anyway It wont be held at any store in syracuse.

Oathmaster
01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Hello,

I would be interested in the legacy tournaments, Bob. Just let me know where you are planning on having them. I can possibly bring a few people from Watertown with me. I have just stopped going to How you Play the Game because the store credit is worthless. You can't get decent cards with store credit and the stuff you can get is overpriced. I would be interested in sharing a box of whatever the new set is though.

Keep this thread posted and I will check in.

Thanks
Justin

Getsickanddie
01-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Niiice

herbig
01-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm definitely down for this. How You Move Again is pretty dead and it would be nice to get good sized tournaments going.

Jim
01-16-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm definitely down for this. How You Move Again is pretty dead and it would be nice to get good sized tournaments going.

likewise.

Raider Bob
01-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Well if I can get 8-10 people to come I could start holding tournaments as soon as the second weekend in Febuary. The weekend of the second I have like 12 cases to crack so I am going to be pretty buisy. I should have a lot of new foils for sale if anyone is looking for some Planar Chaos Foils however. I will keep you posted on Where and the first Tourny date. Have confirmation that Geoff(Old 1900 Eternal rating player in cuse) Will be attending. It hopefully will be the start of something decent.

Oathmaster
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello,

I can probably come 3 Sunday's out of the month so you can count me in. To make reference to your foils for planar chaos, I will be looking to buy

4 x damnations
4 x extirplate (the new mini haunting echoes)
4 x Red Elvish Spirit Guide (no idea on the name)

The only other time I won't be able to make it would be due to weather since I am presently 1 hour North from How you Play the Game

Thanks Justin

Brushwagg
01-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Need help opening the packs???

Also I'm interested in your tournaments. Keep me posted please.

Getsickanddie
01-18-2007, 05:52 AM
I will keep you posted on Where and the first Tourny date. Have confirmation that Geoff(Old 1900 Eternal rating player in cuse) Will be attending. It hopefully will be the start of something decent.

Whoa. That is fucking sweet.

TeenieBopper
01-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Well shit, I just might have to show up for this shindig and bring Munkie, Fakespam and Garv with me.

Nightmare
01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Well shit, I just might have to show up for this shindig and bring Munkie, Fakespam and Garv with me.Bullshit. Artese is the only one of you that still plays this game. That's only cause he needs something to do while he's waiting for RAW Deal tournaments.

Bryant Cook
01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I can't play Legacy on sundays... I don't get out of work until 3.

Raider Bob
01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
It is looking like I will be holding tournaments at Pasttimes tho that may change. It will depend on a few things. Gonna try to get this ball rolling second weekend in Febuary.

DampingEngine
01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I should be able to come to these. It'll be nice to have a Sunday tournament and even nicer to have 1.5 twice a week. I'll be sure to spread the news to the intermittent players at Altered who don't read the Source.

Raider Bob
01-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Got a website up, it is still very young in its infant stages, but there is a tournament page up if you want to see the prize structure. If you have any questions drop me a line and I will clear it up or I will fix any concerns.

www.yourhobbylobby.com

Nightmare
01-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Bob, from what I've heard, Pasttimes is a members-only club. Is this going to bar admittance, can under-21/18 people play still, and are we going to have access to the whole place or just one room off to the side?

Raider Bob
01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
If you are there with a member (Me) you can use the facilities. Most of the facilities will be closed on Sunday (I think the Bar is open) if we can have 15-25 people aweek who want to eat they will open the kitchen for us. If there is going to be an issue we will find a different location. I will know more tommarrow, I am meeting with the owners tommarrow and will make sure I address all the questions I gather.

Brushwagg
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Are these going to be sanctioned? Or at some point be?

Raider Bob
01-29-2007, 10:16 AM
They will be sanctioned. The first one should even be sanctioned.

Mulletus
02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I figure this weekend isnt the start of it. But I will prolly attend, and win. I have this crazy ability to beat combo with Survival lately. If i hit 1900, i will have to quit untill aftert Columbus.

Raider Bob
02-03-2007, 10:03 AM
We are waiting on an awnser from pasttimes ATM. They are going to have a board meeting Monday to talk and see if it would be in there best interest. The biggest concern they have is underage players and the bar(Pasttimes liability for having people under the age of 21 in the building with the bar) the concern is basically if they want the bartender to card people at the bar. Most of the people I have talked to think it will go past the board just due to the fact that Pasttimes wants to make money, howeverthere is still a concern so I will keep everyone posted.

Raider Bob
02-08-2007, 05:30 PM
We are still waiting on Pasttimes decision if we can use the banquet hall. So looks like it will not start the 11th. If there is anyone who has an Idea of a local we could hold a tourny PM me and I will look into it.

Nightmare
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Is this still on for tomorrow? If yes, what time and are we still at Pasttimes?

(Bob, I saw you and the family at the Mall last night. What movie did you see/how was it?)

Di
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Is there a 1.5 at Altered today? If so, what time does it start?

Raider Bob
02-10-2007, 05:53 PM
No 1.5 this sunday, 8(. Pasttimes is pretty slow in the decision process aparently, I have a few other options but none have panned out yet.

Di
02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Btw, way to not show up for 1.5 today everyone. I wanted to get some final testing in, and there was like 5 people there. Wtf was everyone today?

Nightmare
02-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Btw, way to not show up for 1.5 today everyone. I wanted to get some final testing in, and there was like 5 people there. Wtf was everyone today?
Dinner @ the 'rents. Sorry dude, family first.

Mulletus
02-11-2007, 12:13 PM
1.5 died here. Saturday is for type 2.... but now that's gone too. worse of all is that someone passed me on the Syracuse list. Now I have to play again. I hope Bob gets this goin quick.

Jim
02-11-2007, 11:17 PM

I had to work until 6pm. I stopped by to said "hi" and told you guys as much.

Raider Bob
02-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Bleh still no update at Pastimes, talking with 2 different lodges about holding the events there. Looks like they may be a little costly want to keep my rent cost low for faily obviouse reasons. If I cant get a less expensive space I may just make the prize pool 3.5 packs per entry instead of 4 packs per entry but I would like to keep it at 4 anyway or some shit like that. On another note I will be selling cards at the Regional market every sunday till I get a spot to run tournies then I will sell crap till noon and go to the tourny spot and run tournies from 2-whenever or 1-whenever depending on players.

Brushwagg
02-15-2007, 08:27 PM
What building will you be in? I would like to support you.

Mulletus
02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I put in a good word at the club. Through a member anyway. i want this to start happening. I need 34 ratings points by may

Raider Bob
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Alright, it took me a lot longer than I thought but I found a place to run Legacy on Sundays in Syracuse. With the success of the Comix Zone tournies on Saturday I hope this will be as Successfull or at least half as successful.

WHERE: A small Cafe at 941 North Salina.

When: 1:00pm Sunday Afternoon.

Cost: $10

Prize suport: a Draft set per entrant, or 3 packs per person who enters, On the 29th it will be 3 Planar chaos packs(That you can open or switch out for a draft set the next week when I will have future sight pack/Time Spiral packs)

The first tourny may or may not be sanctioned, as I need to pass the test(have gotten 82 or 83% twice on the test heh) I am starting the Sunday after Kaddy's dual land draft so the Virginians have something to do that sunday before they drive hope. Hope to see you there peace out.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Since "How to play the Game" have moved their Legacy tournaments back to Sunday, I would think just meeting up there would be a better idea than at a small cafe with limited space to play. It depends on how all the other players feel about where they would like to play. I would prefer to play at How to Play the Game b/c of the issue of playing space and a better environment to play.

What do the others players in Syracuse think?

Mulletus
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Bob,
Can we exchange the prizes for singles of comperable value?

Nick,
I would go there if they didn't treat me so badly as a customer for so many years. I keep finding store credit that expired from there, just prizes that they just notch up as total profit. If they gave a little back to the people maybe I'd consider it.

bigbear102
04-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I would much rather support Bob's efforts, HYPTG has had its chance, and they failed on several occasions. We at least have to give this cafe a chance, as it might be a decent place to play, ya never know.

Raider Bob
04-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Wecan fit 30-40 people at the cafe ez, as for prizes you can get cards as I have them so thats not an issue for prize support. I am basically doing the sunday tourny cause few people want to goto how to play the game and I have been trying to set it up for a few months now. I will be buying cards on a what I can afford basis also, so if you need some extra cash and I have the cash bring some stuff down.

$$ - For Premium cards

.15 - For Junk Rares

troopatroop
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Wecan fit 30-40 people at the cafe ez, as for prizes you can get cards as I have them so thats not an issue for prize support. I am basically doing the sunday tourny cause few people want to goto how to play the game and I have been trying to set it up for a few months now. I will be buying cards on a what I can afford basis also, so if you need some extra cash and I have the cash bring some stuff down.

$$ - For Premium cards

.15 - For Junk Rares

Omg... 15 cent junk rares? I woulda been all over that 6 months ago.