PDA

View Full Version : Wood elves + shock duals

Mulletus
01-17-2007, 08:28 AM
If I play wood elves, search for a forest, choose stomping grouds, put it into play untapped, do I take 2 damage?

I dont think I do, but I want to know before I play that in a tourney.

mikekelley
01-17-2007, 08:43 AM
It still comes into play tapped, no matter where it came from. You will have to take the 2.

Jaynel
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Wood Elves would put a basic Forest into play untapped. For a Stomping Ground, I think you have the option to pay 2 life and untap it.

I know if you fetch a Stomping Ground with Farseek you can pay 2 life but the land still comes into play tapped.

Locutus
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
The one and only absolutely correct answer to your question is: yes
To explain further: Stomping Grounds' (and all the other shockduals') ability is a replacement effect, that alters the way it comes into play. When the land comes into play, there are two options: you don't pay life, and the land comes into play tapped, no matter what put it into play, or you pay two life, and it comes into play normally, which is defined by the effect that puts it into play. So, with Farseek, it will always come into play tapped, even if you pay two life, while Wood Elves' abilty puts the land into play untapped if you pay the life.