PDA

View Full Version : TML Open 2 (Two Day Extravaganza) March 3,4, 2007

Iamfishman
01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
What: TMLOpen 2(The Mana Leak Open 2)

When: Saturday AND Sunday, March 3-4, 2006

Where: Gamingetc Tournament Center and SuperStore
555 Lordship Boulevard (Exit 30 off I95)
Stratford CT 06615
1-203-296-9961

Lodgings: Call the Ramada Inn in Stratford and ask to book a room in the "Card Tournament" Block for March 3 or 4th. The number of rooms is limited(10) so book asap. 203-375-8866

INFORMATION FOR BOTH DAYS:

Time: Registration: 10:00 - 11:00 am
Tourney Starts PROMPTLY at 11:00 am(To avoid a prolonged tournament, this will be strictly enforced. Latecomers will be subject to a round 1 loss.)

Cost: $25 Entry Fee

Format: Legacy

DCI Sanctioned?: Yes, both days will be DCI Sanctioned.

Cut: Cut to top 8.

Dopeness Factor: Equal to the number of integers 10i - 10j where 0 ≤ j < i ≤ 99 are multiples of 1001?

Prizes: I will still be having a “based on participants prize scale. As for what the prizes are, well, that is the biggest dilemma. I certainly want to offer the best possible prizes I can, as well as give an even better selection of prizes than last time. The problem is, I am certainly not a store(though the event will be held in one) and so I don’t have a boatload of excess Legacy staples. Therefore, I have come up with the following.

1.) Where you finish in the event will earn you a certain number of points.
2.) You may then, “cash in those points” for your choice of prizes from a “prize bank”.
3.) For example, if 5th place gets 100 points, and in my “prize bank” the only things you are interested in are Resets which I have at 25 points and Time Spiral boosters at 3.5 points each, then you may claim a prize of 28 boosters, or 1 Resets and 21 boosters or 2 Resets and 14 boosters, etc.
4.) In the time leading up to this event I plan on trying to fill my “prize bank” with as many power cards, dual lands, Resets, Sea Drakes, Force of Wills, Booster Packs, etc. as I can get my hands on. I will update as time goes on to indicate what I currently have.
5.) By the time of the event, I expect to have plenty of stock(hopefully 10+ Resets, Sea Drakes, 20+ Force of Wills, 10 Pieces of Power, etc.) so there will be more than enough for everyone.
6.) Technically, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET ANY PRIZE YOU WANT. If I don’t have enough of the card in my prize bank the day of the event, I will try to get it during the weekend. If this is not possible, I will buy it on Ebay and have it sent right to you. To make the point clear, YOU PICK YOUR PRIZES.
7.) If you would like to suggest something be sought after and had in the prize bank, so that it is there for the event, please do so. I will go after the most common requests that I don’t already have.
8.) To give you an idea of all the possibilities, some examples are suggested below.
9.) Any questions, please ask.

WHAT I CURRENTLY HAVE IN THE PRIZE BANK:
A stores inventory worth of boosters(3.5 points each)
Unlimited Timetwister(150 points)
Italian Legends Mana Drain(100 points)
Unlimited Ancestral Recall(375 points)
Library of Alexandria(150 points)
Black Lotus x 2(600 Fine/700 EX+)
Alpha Mox Emerald(500 points)
Beta Mox Jet(500 points)
Unlimited Time Walk(350 points)
Signed Beta Ancestral Recall (550 points)
Mana Crypt (25 points)
Force of Will x 8(20 points each)
Antiquities Candleabra of Tawnos (30 points)
Cursed Scroll (15 points)
Beta Sinkhole x 4 (30 points each)
Visions Vampiric Tutor x2 (10 points)
Reset(English) x 7 (25 points each)
Reset(Italian) x 2 (20 points each)
Squee, Goblin Nabob x2 (15 points each)
Tolarian Academy (20 points)
Badlands x 3 (25 points each)
Bayou x 1 (25 points each)
Plateau x 6 (25 points each)
Savannah x 7 (25 points each)
Scrubland x 6 (25 points each)
Taiga x 3 (30 points each)
Tropical Island x 3 (30 points each)
Tundra x 4 (35 points each)
Volcanic Island x 5 (30 points each)
Underground Sea X 6 (35 points each)
Flooded Strand x 8 (15 points each)
Polluted Delta x 9 (16 points each)
Wooded Foothils x 2 (12 points each)
Bloodstained Mire x2 (12 points each)
Rishidian Port x6 (10 points each)
Sea Drake X3 (35 points each)
Lion's Eye Diamonds x 5 (10 points each)
Mox Diamond x 3 (15 points each)
Chalice of the Void x 3 (5 points each)
Ill-Gotten Gains x 8 (7 points each)
Intuition x 3 (18 points each)
Leyline of the Void x8 (5 points each)
Ichorid x 10 (5 points each)
Misdirection x 3 (10 points each)
Cunning Wish x3 (12 points each)
Meditate x 8 (15 points each)
Pernicious Deed x 4 (15 points each)
Survival of the Fittest x 6 (10 points each)
Food Chain x 4 (5 points each)
Call of the Herd x 4 (11 points each)
Grim Lavamancer x4 (10 points each)
Akroma Angel of Wrath x 2 (15 points each)

Prize Support based on 40-60 Participants
1st Prize – 300 points
(Possible prizes include)
-90 Booster Packs of any type 2 set the store carries
-Library of Alexandria + Timetwister + Volcanic Island
-Timetwister + 51 boosters packs
-Library of Alexandria + 51 booster packs
-4 Underground Sea + 4 Tundra + Sea Drake + Flooded Strand
-$260 in cash.

2nd Prize – 180 points
- 60 Booster Packs from any type 2 sets the store carries
- Timetwister or LOA + 17 booster packs
- Library of Alexandria
- 2 Scrubland + 4 Sea Drakes + 1 Italian Reset
- $160 in cash

3rd/4th Prize – 90 points
- 34 Booster Packs from any type 2 sets the store carries
- 4 Flooded Stand + 2 Tropical Islands
- 6 Force of Wills
- $80 in cash

5th – 8th Prize – 35 points
- 17 Booster Packs from any type 2 sets the store carries
- $30 in cash

9th-16th Prize – 6 Booster Packs from any type 2 set the store carries

Prize Support based on 61-80 Participants
1st Prize – 510 points or $420 in cash.

2nd Prize – 270 points or $220 in cash

3rd/4th Prize – 150 points or $130 in cash

5th-8th Prize – 60 points or $50 in cash

9th Prize – 16th prize - 9 Booster Packs from any type 2 set the store carries

Prize Support based on 81+ Participants
1st Prize – 630 points or $530 in cash.

2nd Prize – 360 points or $300 in cash

3rd/4th Prize – 210 points or $180 in cash

5th-8th Prize – 100 points or $85 in cash

9th Prize – 16th prize - 12 Booster Packs from any type 2 set the store carries

Round by Round Rafflee – Prizes TBD

If we have 90 or more people, at the end of round 3 we will be taking sign ups for a FREE tournament for a playset of 4 revised Savannah. The tournament will require you to use the same deck used in the main event(to make life infinitely freakin' easier) and to ensure speedy signups and send off.

Day 1 - Magic Trivia(FREE and with PRIZES) will be held for all interested participants after the top 8 starts.

Day 2 - Magic Scattegories(FREE and with PRIZES) will be held for all interested participants after the top 8 starts.

Questions, comments, concerns? Please share them all here.

Hope to make TML Open 2 even more of a success than TML Open 1.

Ray

Iamfishman
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Replying to my own thread to emphasize:

Please discuss the prize strucutre pros and cons. This is the first time I am doing this and it can certainly be adjusted.

legacyplayer0
01-24-2007, 11:13 PM
So does this mean 1 2-day tournament or 2 1-day tournaments?

insertnamehere
01-24-2007, 11:24 PM
What about the Mana Leak Open playmats.

Machinus
01-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I love you ray.

Any prize structure that rewards the whole top 8 is good. As long as it's distrubuted better than the SCG payout, I think it will be great!

insertnamehere
01-24-2007, 11:26 PM

I noticed there was no nod to the people who sanctioned the Tournament. That would be ........oh yeah Dragon's Lair.
Thanks for the sanctioning :cool:

Nightmare
01-25-2007, 08:22 AM
I actually like the idea that you can pick your own prizes. It makes splitting up the finals easier by a long shot. On that note, I'll try to get you info on picking up some more prize fodder ASAP.

I'm going to make every effort to be at this event, but right now, it's a little premature to guarantee it.

scrumdogg
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
This may be the most awesome prize structure concept in the history of Magic....no one can complain about what they get nor will attendance drop because some person 'doesn't want what's offered'. And Top 16 gets some gravy as well, which encourages those of us who aren't Legacy titans, which is important. The other question remains, however, is this a 1 day tournament spread over 2 days or 2x1 day (awesome) tournaments?

Nightmare
01-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Clearing confusion, there will be two separate tournaments, one on day 1, another on day 2.

Peter_Rotten
01-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Through its powers of pure awesomeness, this thread has stickied itself.

Jim
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
<understatement>
This looks great.
</understatement>

Bryant Cook
01-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Are you going to be giving the hotel discount again? Like you did for TMDO X?

Jim
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Question:
Could a person save their points from day one and see if they win more points day two, and combine their points from the two days and get even better prizes than they would each day separately? Like if you got 2nd place day one and 3rd/4th place day two, you could then combine your points to get the same prize as if you had gotten 1st one of the days. does that work?

It's not like this would happen to me, but the answer might be relevant for some people.

Bardo
01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me sorry I ever left the Northeast... :frown:

This is awesome.

freakish777
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't think anyone is going to have any problems whatsoever with the prize support (although I will say you should have some type of reservations put on the "I will get it on eBay and mail it to you if it's not in my prize bank" for any joker that takes first both days and says he/she wants a Splendid Genesis or some such).

Seeing as how almost everything (in terms of entry fees) is coming back out as prizes either in cash or cards, I think you're golden.

Obviously you'll want the extra Sea Drakes, Resets, etc to feel comfortable, but I think all in all you should be fine. If someone wants some obscure card (say Chains of Mephistopheles) that neither you nor the store has, they do have the option of letting you get it on eBay for them.

Things I think people would be interested in (taken with a grain of salt):

Grim Tutor (Vintage players)
Imperial Seal (Vintage players)
Workshop (Vintage players)
Bazaar (Vintage players)

The Abyss/Moat (for the nostalgic player?)
Power Artifact (for the nostalgic player?)
Juzam (for the nostalgic player?)

Sea Drake (obviously just get more)
Psionic Blast
Chains of Mephistopheles
A huge pile of smaller rares (I could see someone coming in somewhere between 2nd and 4th and saying they want a mono-red Goblin deck, or an assortment of seemingly random cards to fill in holes in the decks they currently are building)

Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale (for the player that wants to put together 43Land.dec but doesn't have access to Legends/The Dark)
Maze of Ith (for the player that wants to put together 43Land.dec but doesn't have access to Legends/The Dark)

Machinus
01-25-2007, 04:56 PM
I just realized what I want to play for...BETA DUALS!!!

Kadaj
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
The fact that I'm going to have to miss out on this one infuriates me to no end. Oh well, the prize structure is absolutely awesome and should be applauded (applauds) and I really hope this event is a success.

TheDragonsLair
01-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm sure a group of us from Springfield Ma, will be in attendance and it will be a great time. I love the way you will be doing prizes.

Deep6er
01-25-2007, 05:42 PM
From a theoretical perspective, would it be possible to choose from other formats? For example, Shocklands and such would be a worthwhile investment for the Type 2 player but worthless to a Legacy player. Since my deck is pretty much done and I enjoy playing other formats, would I be able to buy T2 rares at the point to dollar amount ratio? Also, what do you have in the way of Shineys. I love me some Shineys. Foil/Pimp stuff works well for me as some of the stuff on that list wouldn't be as useful for someone like me. :)

Iamfishman
01-25-2007, 06:52 PM
So does this mean 1 2-day tournament or 2 1-day tournaments?
This event will be two completely seperate one day events.

Those are in the works. If I am unable to get them going for this event, they will definitely be at the next. Chance of them for this event: 70%.

I noticed there was no nod to the people who sanctioned the Tournament. That would be ........oh yeah Dragon's Lair.
Thanks for the sanctioning
I feel quite red. A huge thanks to Kevin, Bill and the Dragon's Lair in West Springfield for their continued support and help in sanctioning.

I actually like the idea that you can pick your own prizes. It makes splitting up the finals easier by a long shot. On that note, I'll try to get you info on picking up some more prize fodder ASAP.

I'm going to make every effort to be at this event, but right now, it's a little premature to guarantee it.
Thanks for your help(what he is refering to is my request for people who are selling Legacy-type prizes that I could obtain directly from the community instead of having to go through ebay...if you know someone...shoot me a pm) and hope you can make it. A Legacy event is just not the same without you.

This may be the most awesome prize structure concept in the history of Magic....no one can complain about what they get nor will attendance drop because some person 'doesn't want what's offered'. And Top 16 gets some gravy as well, which encourages those of us who aren't Legacy titans, which is important.
Very glad to hear. I was worried people might be hesitant of this structure. In the event that I must get your prize from ebay, Mr Nightmare will tell you that I have done this in the past, quite effectively.

Through its powers of pure awesomeness, this thread has stickied itself.
Eeeeww, now its all covered in...well...sticky stuff.

Question:
Could a person save their points from day one and see if they win more points day two, and combine their points from the two days and get even better prizes than they would each day separately? Like if you got 2nd place day one and 3rd/4th place day two, you could then combine your points to get the same prize as if you had gotten 1st one of the days. does that work?

It's not like this would happen to me, but the answer might be relevant for some people.
Sure can. This is totally allowed. I will keep good records. The one thing that can't be done though is carrying points for TML OPEN 2 until TML OPEN 3.

Are you going to be giving the hotel discount again? Like you did for TMDO X?
Hoping to. Going to call the hotel this week.

From a theoretical perspective, would it be possible to choose from other formats? For example, Shocklands and such would be a worthwhile investment for the Type 2 player but worthless to a Legacy player. Since my deck is pretty much done and I enjoy playing other formats, would I be able to buy T2 rares at the point to dollar amount ratio? Also, what do you have in the way of Shineys. I love me some Shineys. Foil/Pimp stuff works well for me as some of the stuff on that list wouldn't be as useful for someone like me. :)
I don't have a lot of type two stuff, but what I might be able to do is make a point-store credit conversion(I'll have to talk to the store owner about this). This might allow you to go on a kinda "type 2 shopping spree". :)

Mr. Nipples
01-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Going to call the hotel this week.
What hotel are you planning on getting the discount from, and out of curiosity what was the discount like last time and was it for a limited number of rooms?

NANTUKO_SHADY
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
This is gonna be sick.... consider me there!! (off to ask Dad)

Nightmare
01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for your help(what he is refering to is my request for people who are selling Legacy-type prizes that I could obtain directly from the community instead of having to go through ebay...if you know someone...shoot me a pm) and hope you can make it. A Legacy event is just not the same without you.I had someone in mind, but I honestly forgot to talk to him at the prerelease last weekend. I'll see if I can catch him on AIM and discuss. Also, I'm touched.

In the event that I must get your prize from ebay, Mr Nightmare will tell you that I have done this in the past, quite effectively.Verified. I had my Imperial Seal from TMLO1 in a matter of days.

What hotel are you planning on getting the discount from, and out of curiosity what was the discount like last time and was it for a limited number of rooms?The Ramada Inn in Stratford, CT. The discount was $69/room/night down from about $110. There were about 10 rooms, but they increased to a few more than that when they filled up.

Gekoratel
01-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Turns out that the date for this event is the best possible, right after finals. I'm certainly going to be attending and I'll ask around here at RIT to see if anyone else is interested in attending. The point system seems pretty amazing, I was wondering if there's any chance in summing up the points you get in both days. That way if you finish around 5-8th both days then you can still get some high end cards. I would understand if you didn't want to do this because it would probably be difficult to implement.

Jim
01-28-2007, 08:08 AM
...I was wondering if there's any chance in summing up the points you get in both days. That way if you finish around 5-8th both days then you can still get some high end cards. I would understand if you didn't want to do this because it would probably be difficult to implement.

Your question, was my question, and was addressed by Ray.

Question:

Sure can. This is totally allowed. I will keep good records. The one thing that can't be done though is carrying points for TML OPEN 2 until TML OPEN 3.

Happy Gilmore
01-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I was at the first Mana Leak Open and it easily rivaled GP Phily in pure awsomeness. I will be there for sure.

(This is the most incredible prize support I have ever seen in legacy)

Iamfishman
01-29-2007, 05:02 PM
OH NO!

Wizards just announced that the Two Headed Giant States will be held on March 3.

Should I try to change the date to something right before/after?

Looking for your thoughts.

niknight
01-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Changing the date may prove difficult as there are extended ptq's every week surrounding the 3rd.

Iamfishman
01-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Also...question #2.

If I do the playmats, I may have to adjust the prize structure to cover the cost of the mats. What do people perfer here?

AnwarA101
01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Also...question #2.

If I do the playmats, I may have to adjust the prize structure to cover the cost of the mats. What do people perfer here?

While playmats are interesting I would hate for the prize structure to slip and reduce turnout. The prize structure is the biggest draw and the high level of competition that it implies.

Nightmare
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
OH NO!

Wizards just announced that the Two Headed Giant States will be held on March 3.

Should I try to change the date to something right before/after?

Looking for your thoughts.No one that cares about 2HG States will be coming anyway. No one that cares about this event cares about 2HG. I think you're in the clear.

@ Playmats - As cool as they are, keep the prize structure, man.

calosso
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
No one that cares about 2HG States will be coming anyway. No one that cares about this event cares about 2HG. I think you're in the clear.

@ Playmats - As cool as they are, keep the prize structure, man.

Speak for your self.

NANTUKO_SHADY
01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Prizes > Playmats

'fo sho!

Machinus
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Better prize offerings = higher turnout = better prizes for the top8.

Lego
01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
I definitely think better prize structure > playmats. And I'll agree with Nightmare than on one cares about 2HG. No one who matters anyway. Well, at least no one who matters and would skip this to play it.

Anyone going from Boston?

Clark Kant
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Its clear you put a ton of work into the prize support. Thank you for not taking the easy way out and just offering up 4 Resets for 1st, 4 Sea Drakes for 2nd, 4 FoWs for 3rd etc.

It looks to be the best price structure I've ever seen and would love to see more stores adopting it.

scrumdogg
01-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Prizes > playmats...agreed
This event > 2HG States (since it doen't lead to anything really)....agreed
Best prize support in the history of Constructed Magic....agreed

Debating whether to burn time off for 1 day or 2 (if I do both I have to burn 3 shifts worth since I normally work 8AM to midnight on Saturday....)

ForceofWill
01-30-2007, 05:03 PM
@Changing the date: Either make it earlier (as I am anxious for this) or leave it the same. I'd much rather go to this than states.

@Prize Support: Mats are cool I'd like one but only if everything else can stay the same.

herbig
01-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Changing the date would be sweet since I can't come that weekend anyways. And playmats are awesome!

calosso
01-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Changing the date would be sweet since I can't come that weekend anyways. And playmats are awesome!

Agreed!

Machinus
01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
I think this is a perfect date for the tournament.

Getsickanddie
01-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Keep it the same.

Lego
01-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Changing the date would be sweet since I can't come that weekend anyways.Agreed!

In that case, definitely don't change the date.

freakish777
01-31-2007, 01:51 AM
I think the date is fine. If someone really has a hard time picking between 2HG State Champs and TML Open 2... hey, there's 2 days of TML Open 2! If they really really want to do both, they can.

I'm going to be doing my best to make both days (cough, need a ride, cough) of TML Open 2, as I'm sure most people that actually post here are as well. While I'm sure part of the crowd that shows up for any event will be more interested in 2HG that day, if they want to play Legacy, they can still make the second day, and still get kick ass prizes.

Prizes > Playmats. That said, how about the playmats themselves for now are one of the items you can pick out with your own prize points? I'm not sure what the logistics of that would be in terms of you being obligated to buy X playmats or whatever, but if you have extras, I assume the extras would wind up as prizes for events on later dates, once TML is established as the monster of Legacy tournaments that I'm sure it will be (so long as it's not some rediculous cost on your part that you'd have to shoulder until the next tournament or some such). Assuming the playmat is say 10~20 prize points, and I place high enough, I think I'd probably pick up a playmat as a "sovenier" of sorts.

powergamer1003
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey, guys I think I am good for this tournament so let me know if any of the VA crew are going up. Sounds like a blast, so let me know

TheInfamousBearAssassin
01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
You know, you'd get more bears if you unsanctioned the event.

Peter_Rotten
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
You know, you'd get more bears if you unsanctioned the event.

But he might also get more belligerant Virginians and lost loafers.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
But he might also get more belligerant Virginians and lost loafers.

He already has public school English teachers that can't spell belligerent. I don't think things can get much worse.

Peter_Rotten
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
He already has public school English teachers that can't spell belligerent. I don't think things can get much worse.

GA-FAW!

I'm not going. So there.

Peter_Rotten
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM

HEY! Wait-a-cotton-picking-minute! Is this comment coming from the man (or bear) that misspelled his own name? Didn't I have to add an "s" to your "assasin"?

Remember, boy. There's a double ass in your name.

AnwarA101
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
GA-FAW!

I'm not going. So there.

Does this mean no Street Fighter 2?

calosso
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Does this mean no Street Fighter 2?

Why are you asking that? Of course not, he always complains about some stupid shit like the joy stick is to close to his hand.

Nightmare
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Not only that, but there isn't really anywhere to play SFII at the GamingEtc. center.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
02-01-2007, 05:15 PM
cotton-picking

I find this offensive, sir. You may whip me all you want, but you will never break my noble spirit.

Bryant Cook
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, Kunta Kinte.

overlord95
02-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Ok, Kunta Kinte.
HIS NAME IS TOBY!!!!!

Nightmare
02-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I have a black cat named Toby. True story.

Happy Gilmore
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
It was mentioned somewhere that there are hotel rooms being set aside for this event. Could someone elaborate on this? NOVA is going to need to reserve 3-5 rooms, so we need to get the ball rolling soon. :wink:

Lego
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Err, Right, I need to do that too. Who wants to give me a ride to this thing? I'll lend you some sweet deckage :)

BTW, same offer as normal still stands. Let me know if you peeps need some cards.

Nightmare
02-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Err, Right, I need to do that too. Who wants to give me a ride to this thing? I'll lend you some sweet deckage :)

BTW, same offer as normal still stands. Let me know if you peeps need some cards.I have a German Armageddon that's yours.

Lego
02-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I have a German Armageddon that's yours.

Oh right, yeah. Consider that my membership fee into EPIC :wink: Seriously though, I'll be playing that at this thing if I can get a ride. Are you going to play a deck that is mauled by it?

Getsickanddie
02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh right, yeah. Consider that my membership fee into EPIC :wink:

I don't think you could handle the gangrape initiation. Herbig has a HUGE cock.

Dxfiler
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Sigh.

I have to choose between this and two-headed giant states.

Normally this would'nt be a choice, except I and many others are trying to get points for both byes at GP boston and building towards a rating for the 2 headed PT San Diego later in May.

Two-headed states is basically a feeder tourney for GP Boston.
I don't think a worse date could have been picked unless it actually fell on GP Boston itself. =(

So that's my (and many other locals I've talked to) dilemma. I suspect you'll get alot of out of towners but will get hit significantly on the local player numbers. CT/RI/MA players will be hitting states hard and fast I suspect.

I hope I'm wrong and you get a nice turnout, because the mana leak is a great tourney. I'm going to significantly weigh my options and will try to make this if possible.

Good Luck Ray.

- Dave Feinstein

Lego
02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't think you could handle the gangrape initiation. Herbig has a HUGE cock.

It didn't feel that big last time I had it in my mouth.

Osse
02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I was going to go to Geneseo, but this seems alot better, and more people I know will be there. So, yeah, going to this instead. Awesome prize support Ray. If any canadians are going, PM me and I'll see if we can work something out.

Also, mad hang outs <3<3

troopatroop
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
It didn't feel that big last time I had it in my mouth.

If only this were funny. If only.

argopelter
02-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I am one who would prefer to go to both days of this and 2HG states as well. If you do switch it, you could push it up a week to 2/24-2/25 (which, according to my very brief investigation into tournaments in the northeastern area, would conflict only with a Baltimore PTQ) or 3/11-12 (Rochester PTQ) or 3/18-19 (Milford PTQ).

Just suggestions, of course, but put me down for finding another weekend to facilitate 2HG.

A

Di
02-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I was going to go to Geneseo, but this seems alot better, and more people I know will be there. So, yeah, going to this instead. Awesome prize support Ray. If any canadians are going, PM me and I'll see if we can work something out

Dude, that's like 2 weeks prior to this event. Unless it's a matter of funding or something, there's no reason you shouldn't be at that tournament. :p

Iamfishman
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Just so people don't think it is some conspiracy if they notice a difference in what the point prize structure was when this thing was first posted and now, let me explain.

I was driving home from a tournament yesterday and realized that I didn't work the cost of three all day employees/judges into my prize structure. It was for that reason that I could easily have lost money on the day when you consider all the prizes(including side prizes and Magic Trivia, etc) that I am doing.

For that reason, I knocked most of the prize amounts down by about $10-$15. What does this mean? Well, you might only get 520 points instead of 535 points. Something like that.

I hope you all understand that this is simply in the interest of allowing me to be able to hold more of these events in the future. Without a business backing, after all, I can't really suck up a loss to easily on something I do as a hobby.

Ray

Iamfishman
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
ALSO...The group room rate is set up.

Call the Ramada at 203-375-8866 and ask for the card tournament room block for March 2 and 3. The room rate is $69 and all you have to do is reserve a room(s) with a credit card. There are only 10 rooms available at this point so act soon to ensure close lodgings.

AnwarA101
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
ALSO...The group room rate is set up.

Call the Ramada at 203-375-8866 and ask for the card tournament room block for March 2 and 3. The room rate is $69 and all you have to do is reserve a room(s) with a credit card. There are only 10 rooms available at this point so act soon to ensure close lodgings.

What type of room? Just for 1 person or multiple people ?

Lego
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Ray- Your prize structure is incredibly generous, even after the modification. I don't think people will have any problem with you making sure that you aren't in the hole after one of these. We are very appreciative of all the work you do! Plus, we definitely want them to continue :) The first one was great!

Osse
02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Dude, that's like 2 weeks prior to this event. Unless it's a matter of funding or something, there's no reason you shouldn't be at that tournament. :p

Problem actually is the funding, living in Quebec (i.e 6 hours away from Geneseo and Stratford) means its a pretty heavy cost to go. If I had the money, I probably wouldn't be in Quebec in the first place ;)

Iamfishman
02-14-2007, 09:24 PM
I have gotten the following to add into the prize bank:

Signed Beta Ancestral Recall
3 Sea Drakes
1 English Reset
1 Italian Reset
2 Tundra
6 Underground Sea
4 Force of Will
5 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Cursed Scroll
3 Mox Diamond
3 Chalice of the Void
3 Intuition
8 Leyline of the Void
10 Ichorid
3 Midirection
3 Cunning Wish
8 Meditate
4 Pernicious Deed
6 Survival of the Fittest
4 Food Chain
4 Call of the Herd
4 Grim Lavamancer
2 Akroma Angel of Wrath
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Wooded Foothills
6 Rishidian Port

legacyplayer0
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I love you.

Lego
02-15-2007, 03:57 PM
The prize support just gets better and better!

4 Food Chain

This, to me, seems like the most random addition to the list. You should probably add some Myojins just in case :laugh: I think the Raven Familiar nonsense one is probably viable, hmm...

insertnamehere
02-18-2007, 06:55 PM
It almost looks like my binder.

Zach Tartell
02-20-2007, 12:02 AM
BigBear and I are going, but I had some problems getting the desk chick to believe me that there is a discount. Are all ten rooms filled already?

Lego
02-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I still want to go to this, and still don't have a ride and/or place to stay. Thoughts anyone?

bigbear102
02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Ray,

Possible additions to the prize pool could be foil stuff. Legacy staples that are pimp, like foil fetches or something. Also maybe unlimited/FBB duals and stuff like that. Not that I expect you to get a lot of stuff at this point seeing it is less than 2 weeks away, but that stuff would be cool.

TripleAgent
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Me and Team Baltimore should be coming again. I definitely second the foil staple and FBB idea. Some big Type 2 foils(shocklands, Damnation, Extirpate, maybe Hierarch) would be sweet also.

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Ray,

Possible additions to the prize pool could be foil stuff. Legacy staples that are pimp, like foil fetches or something. Also maybe unlimited/FBB duals and stuff like that. Not that I expect you to get a lot of stuff at this point seeing it is less than 2 weeks away, but that stuff would be cool.

The prizes are already RETARDED, but foil Deltas/Strands would be pretty sexy. :cool:

Ebinsugewa
02-20-2007, 11:45 PM
With all the people talking about SSBM, and knowing that GamingETC has a huge TV, any possibility of video games happening? I don't play SSBM, but I do play Halo (both versions), DDR, and SSB 64. Or even NHL 94, NBA Jam, or something else (maybe even Street Fighter) if people are interested in SNES/Genesis. That would be sweet. Maybe poker side event? I just want something fun to do in between rounds/if people scrub out. Where Trivia and Scattergories are happening basically after the event finishes for all relevant players, just throwing this out there.

ForceofWill
02-21-2007, 07:37 AM
I'll play anyone in halo for cards or money.

troopatroop
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I'll play anyone in halo for cards or money.

You dont want to do that. Seriously, trust me.

If it's not me, it'll be someone else.

Lego
02-21-2007, 04:45 PM

I'd actually like to see this :smile:

bigbear102
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
A poker tournament would be pretty sweet for a side event. $5 entry and depending on the number of players X duals as a prize or something.

Gekoratel
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
The only problem with side events like videogames is that the space is so tight already trying to make room for the TV's going to be asking to much. I could see them being brought out for day 2 but not for day 1. I attended Waterbury and day 1 it was extremly crowded and they had the couches and TV put away.

The ideas about poker tournament and other card based side events seem reasonable.

ForceofWill
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM

True My parents took away my xbox in october because I was playing halo over 100 hours a week (not exergerating). So I might be a little rusty.

troopatroop
02-21-2007, 06:34 PM
True My parents took away my xbox in october because I was playing halo over 100 hours a week (not exergerating). So I might be a little rusty.

Level?

Also... do you not go to school?

7 X 24 = 188

So 188 - 101 = 87 hours a week to do other shit.

12.4 hours a day for everything else, 11.6 for Halo?

So in fact sir I think you were indeed, Exergerating.

ForceofWill
02-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I dropped out of school to play halo at that part in my life. And I was a 47 in Team Slayer.

oh and I"m not bragging about this. I'm just saying.

SpatulaOfTheAges
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I for one can't wait to see this clash of titans. No, seriously. I just got so excited I jump-kicked my mom in the face.

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I just round-house kicked my Dad in the face in excitement. My money's on the kid who dropped out of school.

ForceofWill
02-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't know though. Lets say For each kill you get the other gives you a crap rare. MLG settings Lockout 15 kills. to start.

That'll be my warm up then I"ll put some cash on the line.

Ta Jugs
02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow you guys must have NO life.

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Wow you guys must have NO life.

Isn't this an example of the pot calling the kettle black?

Just kidding, <3's Cody.... <3's

legacyplayer0
02-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Whatever. I'm not very excited, so I kicked your dad in the face. Not that I really care. Whatever. No one cares as little as I do. So whatever.

Lego
02-22-2007, 10:24 AM
The ideas about poker tournament and other card based side events seem reasonable.

For each kill you get the other gives you a crap rare.

Did anyone else used to play crap rare poker? We used to play it all the time. I had so many crap rares by the end of the 6 month or so period that we played it that I left them with a friend when I went to Italy, and he traded them in for a playset of Illusionary Masks.

Awesomator
02-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Trust me.. force of will would own all of your faces in Halo.. he's a little too good at it.. a bit creepy. Anyway a poker side event would be sick.. so lets doooo it

Cait_Sith
02-22-2007, 03:16 PM
If you plan on going Lego throw me a real deck together and pick me up on the way there. Yes, no making me play 1001 Nights.

Ebinsugewa
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I find Head to Head was one of my favorite playlists online, I'd be willing to play some with whomever. I was a 31, not very impressive, but I'm better at Double Team and other team games. I'd be ecstatic to play some poker on the side, I'm a poker fiend. A $5 tourney sounds amazing, either for cash or prize points or straight up for cards. I have infinite decks of cards (I collect them) and some deal with chips could probably be done, as I'm sure we all have a set somewhere. Maybe like some one-table $1 turbos and a main $5 event. That would be the insanity.

Lego
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
If you plan on going Lego throw me a real deck together and pick me up on the way there. Yes, no making me play 1001 Nights.

A) Albany is not on the way from Boston to Connecticut
B) I don't have the cards for 1001 Nights, otherwise I would be playing it myself
C) Ask P_R to bring you. There's no reason he shouldn't like you, right?
D) Keep this shiz to PMs.

I really WOULD like to see some Halo action. The more money on the line, the more fun it would be to watch someone get their ass handed to them :smile:

Cait_Sith
02-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Stopping taking out your shortness on me on my Lego. It isn't my fault, to date, everyone remembers you as "the short guy" (which is being generous)

What is the TMLO2's prize? Call me blind but I actually cannot find it. I checked like the 1st three pages.

Also, does this affect my DCI Legacy-Con score?

Slay
02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
What is the TMLO2's prize? Call me blind but I actually cannot find it. I checked like the 1st three pages.

Read the first post. Blindie.

By the way guys, I'm going to this. It will be the first time any of you guys will ever see me. Bring a camera.

Ebinsugewa
02-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, and PS - what's the status on playmats and nametags? I remember last event wondering if both would have been cool. Any final decision on the mats especially? I'd love to have one, even if I have to wait until TML 3.

Bryant Cook
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Just to you the people know; EPIC members will be there. Bring your shirts, decks, playmats and MORE! We will be signing autographs before and after the event. You can also buy EPIC merchandice at www.TheEPICSyndicate.com (nickjr.com) Warning- THIS AMAZING OFFER WILL NOT BE SOLD IN STORES. Call 188-EPICGONEWILD, that's 188-EPICGONEWILD. Now shipping to Hawaii and Alaska.

bigbear102
02-25-2007, 10:00 PM
If anybody from the Syracuse area needs a ride to this gimme a hollar, we have some room in our car. Hopefully we can get it filled up, more people equals a cheaper ride, and i'm cheap.

insertnamehere
02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Wanted:
A person with a car that is going from the Springfield MA area. I may and may not have a ride (it is up in the air). Drop me a line if you are going, my car has issues.

Thanks,
Tradewhore

Iamfishman
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Less than a week til this event. Whose excited?

P.S.- I just got 13 more duals in the mail to add to the prize bank.

Machinus
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Any beta duals? That's where my points are going.

ForceofWill
02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Seriously can we get a halo side event though.

Iamfishman
02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Seriously can we get a halo side event though.

YES!!!

and I'm gonna try to get nametags.

:)

Deep6er
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
YES!!!

Also, out of curiosity, would we be able to pay the point to dollar ratio in order to pick up cards that we are missing just a couple of points for?

Lego
02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
YES!!!

Nametags for everyone (smile), or just for the more awesomer people (frown)?

ForceofWill
02-27-2007, 12:42 PM
YES!!!

YAY You just made my... life. :D . But anyway This tourny is going to be amazing can't wait and see you all there.

Osse
02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Also, out of curiosity, would we be able to pay the point to dollar ratio in order to pick up cards that we are missing just a couple of points for?

I was wondering this as well, if I get say, 100 pts, and want to pick up a playset of duals (30 pts each), can I add 20 bucks for the last dual?

Also, if you have a friend who has say 10 pts that he doesn't use, can he donate them to someone else who has pts?

Iamfishman
02-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Yes...I am a reasonable guy :)

Nametags for everyone (smile), or just for the more awesomer people (frown)?

Nametags for everyone!!!

I was wondering this as well, if I get say, 100 pts, and want to pick up a playset of duals (30 pts each), can I add 20 bucks for the last dual?

Also, if you have a friend who has say 10 pts that he doesn't use, can he donate them to someone else who has pts?

Yes and Yes!

ForceofWill
02-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Just posting because of the awesomeness this tourny will be.

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Woot... this tournament just keeps sounding better and better. Can't wait!!!!!

bigbear102
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Just get ready for the EPIC thrashing you guys are all gonna get. There is some hope though, because only three of us will be present so 4th place is still good.

Ta Jugs
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Just get ready for the EPIC thrashing you guys are all gonna get. There is some hope though, because only three of us will be present so 4th place is still good.Well I am going to get 4th again so back off.

URABAHN
02-28-2007, 05:35 AM
If anyone cares for a Unicorn Shower, here's what most of the Northern Virginia peeps are doing.

ObfuscateFreely is taking Deep6er, Mad Zur, Machinus, and Ewokslayer to the Tournament Saturday and Sunday. They're staying Friday night in Brooklyn, Saturday night in New Haven, CT, and Sunday night in Brooklyn.

Mr. Nipples, AnwarA101, overlord95, and I are staying in New Haven Connecticut Friday and Saturday night. (http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=CT026&sid=i8mFM.xmo10grAp.1&sarea=&sname=555+lordship+blvd%2C+Stratford&sstate=CT&scountry=US&sradius=40.23&slat=41.1692&slon=-73.1492&schain=A&exp=&scity=&sort=&month=3&day=2&depart_month=3&depart_day=4&srp=S3A&nadult=4&nchild=0)

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Well I am going to get 4th again so back off.

With Faierie Stompy!?

Nightmare
02-28-2007, 07:33 AM
If anyone cares for a Unicorn Shower, here's what most of the Northern Virginia peeps are doing.

ObfuscateFreely is taking Deep6er, Mad Zur, Machinus, and Ewokslayer to the Tournament Saturday and Sunday. They're staying Friday night in Brooklyn, Saturday night in New Haven, CT, and Sunday night in Brooklyn.

Mr. Nipples, AnwarA101, overlord95, and I are staying in New Haven Connecticut Friday and Saturday night. (http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=CT026&sid=i8mFM.xmo10grAp.1&sarea=&sname=555+lordship+blvd%2C+Stratford&sstate=CT&scountry=US&sradius=40.23&slat=41.1692&slon=-73.1492&schain=A&exp=&scity=&sort=&month=3&day=2&depart_month=3&depart_day=4&srp=S3A&nadult=4&nchild=0)
Make sure Schauer has 60 cards this time. And make him write out his decklist the night before.

URABAHN
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Make sure Schauer has 60 cards this time. And make him write out his decklist the night before.

All 3 of us will count his deck, sideboard, deck reg sheet, and correct any mistakes or spelling errors. I think we should just build it for him.

overlord95
02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
ScheurerMuch better

I think we should just build it for him.I found this kinda funny seeing how I built your deck for you:tongue: .

Machinus
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
ObfuscateFreely is taking Deep6er, Mad Zur, Machinus, and Ewokslayer to the Tournament Saturday and Sunday.

The top4 has already worked out a prize split.

troopatroop
02-28-2007, 06:45 PM
The top4 has already worked out a prize split.

Top 4 girls maybe.

Ebinsugewa
02-28-2007, 10:17 PM
So for Halo, does Gaming Etc. still have their setup, or will we have to bring extra copies of the game/controllers, blah blah blah? Any chance of poker still?

Iamfishman
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
So for Halo, does Gaming Etc. still have their setup, or will we have to bring extra copies of the game/controllers, blah blah blah? Any chance of poker still?

I would say bring extra copies of Halo, just in case.

Poker is prob a no go since Howie does not want anything gambling in his store(please don't make the "is poker gambling" debate).

ForceofWill
02-28-2007, 10:25 PM
If you want any help running the halo tourny let me know. I've some experience with that stuff. Oh man I can't wait I'm going to go steal a couple hundred bucks so I have some spending money. Just kidding but anyway

AWESOMENESS
TO THE MAX!!!

bigbear102
02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a feeling that gambling on video games isn't much different than gambling on cards. If money is paid and a prize is given out for playing video games, then it's no different than money being paid and a prize given out for playing a card game. Oh wait, that's why we're all going anyway. To make poker completely legal just give out a cash prize that's equal to the entry fees. That way there is no house and no profit made for holding the event, therefore making it completely legal.

Ebinsugewa
03-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Also, is it acceptable to bring like MWS decklists or to write ours out beforehand to expediate the signup process? I just want to make sure I would be following all the proper criteria for your setup.

Gekoratel
03-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I've used printed out lists in the past for his events so I don't see why you couldn't here. If anything it makes the staff's job easier because they don't need to read our awful handwriting.

Iamfishman
03-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Printed out lists are okay.

Whit3 Ghost
03-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Anusien on TMD.

60 people
BrassMan is judging

T00l did alright with Iggy
JuJu` did alright with Affinity
Elias went 0-2, lost to two supposedly scrubs

End of either the second to last or the last round
Near the top tables:
Roland Chang is doing well with UG Madness (near the top 2 tables)
Aluren deck
Table 1: ??
Table 2: Aluren v Faerie Stompy
Table 3: ??
Table 4: Survival mirror

Decent amount of Iggy and Tide

herbig
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Top 8:

Zach Tartell with Enchantress
Bryant Cook with TES
Hatfield with Aluren
Dave Price with RGBSA
James Mankins with Blue Skies
Brandon Lepage with 4c Grow
Anwar with Red Death
Kyle Dargan with Psychatog

Enchantress lost to TES in the top 8.

Anarky87
03-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Anwar is just on a mother f*cking roll. Of course if his games went as they did at the GAGG, then there was no doubt he wouldn't T8. But congrats to everyone who made it to the T8, good to see a lot of familiar people up there.

Eldariel
03-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Wow, I just looked at that again and now I realized what made that look so awkward:
No Goblins! That's right, all Goblins-decks have been knocked out of Top 8! Not only that, but 4c Grow (if it's Thres and not Gro) is the only 'metagame'-deck at all in the Top 8!

Di
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Bryant Cook with TES

That's what I'm fuckin talking about!

I definately predicted this would happen. I also predicted Zach would top8 as well. I'm so good.

Jak
03-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I want to see decklists.

Nightmare
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Thresh Beats Red Death
TES Beats Enchantress
Hulk Smash beats Skies (Faerie Stompy?)
RGBSA beats Aluren (I think)

Hulk plays Thresh - Looked like Thresh was in trouble
Other top 4 game isn't up yet.

Eldariel
03-03-2007, 08:00 PM
That's what I'm interested in, was the 'blue skies' the actual Vial/Standstill concoction or the Tomb/Chalice one...? On another note, seems like another 5th place or so for Anwar.

herbig
03-03-2007, 08:15 PM
TES vs Hulk in the finals.

Eldariel
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Gonna be interesting. Definitely a breakthrough performance for TES in any case, would be awesome to see it just straight win though.

EDIT: Doesn't anyone know about the blue deck? Was it skies or FS?

insertnamehere
03-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Randomness. I don't think it was the chalice/Tomb version. Nonetheless it was a random build. That guy always plays random jank versions and wins with them.

Nightmare
03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
TES wins game 1 with an EtW for 16 tokens.

Anarky87
03-03-2007, 08:42 PM
This almost feels like listening to the radio...

herbig
03-03-2007, 08:43 PM
"Giant 'tog for game two"
- Zach

on to game 3

TES takes it.

Nightmare
03-03-2007, 08:47 PM
And Tes Takes It Home!!!!!!!!

Eldariel
03-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Congratulations to Bryant! Now, we just need the decklists. I wanna see the mono-blue junk :P

Di
03-03-2007, 08:59 PM
And TES Takes It Home!!!!!!!!

Bardo
03-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Congrats to all how made the Top 8. :)

Also, Tog in the finals! :) :) :)

Well done, Bryant.

Whit3 Ghost
03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
HOTTDAMN!!!

A well deserved victory for mister Bryant Cook.
I want to see that TOG list.

Anwar and Zach are both on rolls.

I'm presently surprised at the lack of Goblins/Solidarity/Iggy but I can't complain.

Great and diverse top8 and once again, congrats to Bryant on the winn.

kicks_422
03-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I guess all the bashing against TES for lack of tourney results will end now.

Good job.

Peter_Rotten
03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Also notice that this is the second time POS Alluren has T8ed something significant.

Christ, Alluren, TES, and Hulk Smash? Like real Hulk Smash with Cunning Wish --> Beserk?

Nightmare
03-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Hulk Smash? Like real Hulk Smash with Cunning Wish --> Beserk?True story.

Getsickanddie
03-04-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm dissapointed that I couldn't witness Bryant's victory. A big congrats to Bryant for this huge win, that he worked really hard to get.

xsockmonkeyx
03-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Again, props. Thanks for knocking a huge dent in the format, jerkass. :P

on1y0ne
03-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Congratulations, Bryant! Another success for EPIC and a great showing for TES! It was well deserved!

kabal
03-04-2007, 07:44 AM
What did 9th, 11th - 16th place look like?

I know 10th was BHWC Landstill

iOWN
03-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Shit, I overslept! And I was going to make this, too. :O :O :O

Soto
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
What's Hulk?

And by Tog do u mean the Burning Tog deck?

NJ to the TES winner

Eldariel
03-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Hulk Smash=Psychatog-deck with Cunning Wish>Berserk.

lukatron2
03-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Congrats on the t8's...thats awsome!...Does anyone know how many people showed up to play?

Di
03-04-2007, 02:10 PM
60 for day 1.

Can we get some info on the day 2 please?

Pinder
03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Again, props. Thanks for knocking a huge dent in the format, jerkass. :P

Seriously. Now we actually have to test against TES for the GP. Thanks.

Mulletus
03-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Well cg Bryant, I had something going on or I might have tried to come.

Nightmare
03-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Day 2 info - Zach Tartell (LonelyBaritone) Draws in AGAIN with Enchantress.

This kid's a frigging Juggernaut.

Whit3 Ghost
03-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Day 2 info - Zach Tartell (LonelyBaritone) Draws in AGAIN with Enchantress.

This kid's the frigging Juggernaut BITCH!
Edited for truthery.

Congrats to him and all others who made top8!

Xero
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Hot damn. I need to gets me some of them Explorations and what-not. :eek:

Citrus-God
03-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Fucking AWESOME!!!

Goddamn Bryant, dedication to your deckbuilding really paid off. God, I am so proud and happy for you that you won the whole thing. Congratz.

Di
03-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Can we get any more info on the tournament? Like..the rest of the top8?

Nightmare
03-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Top 8:

Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur) - Red thresh w/ counterbalance
Justin Baley (Niknight)- WRb Boros
Cody Mannion (TaJuggs)- Goblins/Green
Zach Tartell (LonelyBaritone) - Enchantress
Shane Flannigan (Watcher487) - WRBG aggro
Jason Richardson (Awesomator) - Goblins
Jeff Folinus (Gekatorel) - Goblins
Matt Abold (BigBear102) - Epic Dark Cocktail (GRwb Survival)

It appears this is where all the goblin decks went from yesterday.

Di
03-04-2007, 06:12 PM
At least EPIC is still representing strong. Too bad about those Goblins decks though.

Whit3 Ghost
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Wierd field. Bit more agro than I was expecting, especially with the meta experiencing a bit of a combo shift.

troopatroop
03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Updates Updates Updates...

revenge_inc
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Updates Updates Updates...

First off that post served no purpose. Yet as long as there isn't links to gay porn in your useless post I think I can tolerate them.

Di
03-04-2007, 06:46 PM
First off that post served no purpose. Yet as long as there isn't links to gay porn in your useless post I think I can tolerate them.

If served more of a purpose than your own.

And I want updates too.

Eldariel
03-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Goblins come back. I hope they don't win. But yea, funny how every non-Goblin deck is some 3-4 colour concoction in the Top 8.

herbig
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Folinus playing Goblins vs Boros in top 2.

Eldariel
03-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow, I'm gonna root for Goblins. The only thing worse than Goblins winning is Boros winning. Then people go touting how it's good in every friggin' constructed format and there'll never be the end of it...

aTn
03-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah, same feeling here. I'll definitly want to read the eventual report following Boros' performance; I'm curious to see what happened.

kicks_422
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Why is everyone calling it Boros in Extended and Legacy when the only Boros card in it is Lightning Helix? I think it's just R/W Sligh, or in this case, R/W/b.

Anusien
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Boros is the RW color combination, and most builds are primarily RW, and hence, Boros splash B.

coyoteuglly
03-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Why is everyone calling it Boros in Extended and Legacy when the only Boros card in it is Lightning Helix? I think it's just R/W Sligh, or in this case, R/W/b.

Because Wizards had to go and name all of the color combinations.

scrumdogg
03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Couple corrections, niknight is Justin Valley & he beat the R/g Goblins player in top 4. Justin then split with Watcher (Shane) in the finals. Shane was playing a 3Deuce style deck & he lost to Justin 1-2 in the Swiss rounds in a close match. Alla the combo came yesterday, today most people meta'd some sort of aggro-control & the heavier aggro decks shredded face (as well as the goblins...). Gratz to all, see you in Columbus.

Xero
03-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Boros is the RW color combination, and most builds are primarily RW, and hence, Boros splash B.

In that case, should Hulk Smash be Dimir/g? Or should Enchantress be renamed "Selesnya splash R?" Actually, I agree with the name "Boros" in this instance only becuase (I assume) the deck is very similar in function to Boros decks in other formats. Legacy Boros is like Extended Boros with better cards, just like Extended>Standard.

Anyways, I'm kind of split on the top 8s. Its great to see so many differnet archetypes do well, but it makes testing harder. Oh well, that's still a lot better than 5 Goblins/3 Gro or whatever.

Bane of the Living
03-05-2007, 12:14 AM
I came in 13th with Angel Stax 3.0

Combo was certainly there, I think I knocked them all out of contention. I trounced Nantuko Shady, Gearhart, and some other dude playing Solidarity. I beat some dude with TES who wasnt wastedlife =( I lost to bigbear who smashed me with survival, and a guy who stole the prison role playing black landstill. It was an awsome tourny. Thanks again to Iamfish and the rest of the crew who ran and sanctioned the event. Congrats to Awsomator for an amazing comeback to the format (undefeated in swiss), and to Justin and Shane who kick my ass on a frequent basis and deserved these records. Nice to see two completely original decks in finals.

Awsomator was also playing R/g gobs.

Ebinsugewa
03-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Lego Army Man, Deep6er, and - Slay take down Scrumdogg, Ebinsugewa, and Infernal Spawn of Scrumdogg in Magic Scattergories by 2 points. High fives and Var-Child's War Riders were had by all.

Props: I Engineered Plagued Dandan.. and got a 2 for 1.

Watcher487
03-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Top 8:

Jesse Hatfield (Mad Zur) - Red thresh w/ counterbalance
Justin Baley (Niknight)- WRb Boros
Cody Mannion (TaJuggs)- Goblins/Green
Zach Tartell (LonelyBaritone) - Enchantress
Shane Flannigan (Watcher487) - WRBG aggro
Jason Richardson (Awesomator) - Goblins
Jeff Folinus (Gekatorel) - Goblins
Matt Abold (BigBear102) - Epic Dark Cocktail (GRwb Survival)

It appears this is where all the goblin decks went from yesterday.

Top 8
Goblins/W beat 'Epic Dark Cocktail'
WRBG aggro (Dark Three-Deuce) beat Goblins/G
Enchantress beat Goblins/G
WRb Boros beat Red Thresh

Top 4
WRBG aggro beat Enchantress
WRb Boros beat Goblins/W

Top 2 split

I'll post a report later tomorrow or Tuesday....

laters

Lego
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Props: I Engineered Plagued Dandan.. and got a 2 for 1.

What'd you name? Cuz that bitch is a Fish now.

And yes, Magic Scattergories was teh hotness.

Gekoratel
03-05-2007, 01:19 AM
This tournament was good times and its too bad that more people couldn't make it. After day 1 I was pretty upset about going from 4th->9th after trying to draw into the T8. I was happy that I managed to draw into the T8 the 2nd day to show people the Real Ultimate Power that is Goblins. To everyone that I played and saw it was nice to meet you.

lukatron2
03-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Is anyone going to be posting deck lists? I'm interested in seeing the 4c aggro and boros lists as well as some of the other non-tier 1 decks...

Zach Tartell
03-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Is anyone going to be posting deck lists? I'm interested in seeing the 4c aggro and boros lists as well as some of the other non-tier 1 decks...

What do you mean!?! Enchantress is revolutionizing the format! 3 top eights in two weeks? They're gonna toss "forest" on the B&R list soon.

Citrus-God
03-05-2007, 09:36 AM
What do you mean!?! Enchantress is revolutionizing the format! 3 top eights in two weeks? They're gonna toss "forest" on the B&R list soon.

Argothian Enchantress is bringing sexy back....

Really, expect every Goblin deck to run 4 Tranquil Domains again or better yet , run 4 Burning Wishes with tons of access to removal... or something like that. It's a part of our metagame now.

Slay
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I'd like to point out that this was my first tournament ever and it was fucking awesome.

Also, fuck Goblins. And doublefuck Rishadan Port.
http://www.tdtffc.com/misc/slay.gif

Kenderleech
03-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Since Watcher487 is at work, I'm posting his list so everyone can stop calling it boros.

3 Burning-Tree Shaman
3 Cabal Therapy
4 Dark Confidant
4 Silver Knight
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Stonecloaker
3 Skyshroud Elite
4 Rancor
4 Kird Ape
3 Wax // Wane
4 Lightning Helix
3 swords to plowshares
2 Jittes
3 chrome mox
6 fetches
9 duals

He was half asleep when he gave me the list, so I didnt press for the manabase details.
SB

4 engineered plagues
4 Orim's Chant
2 rain of gore
3 avoid fate
2 Extirpate

Nightmare
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM
We aren't calling his deck Boros. It was a mistake in who made the finals. Another "Boros" deck made top8. Thanks for the list, though!

scrumdogg
03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
No, his deck isn't 'Boros' but it did split with a 'dark Boros' build in the finals. Two very aggro oriented non-Goblin decks rampaged through the tournament & split first. 52 people, all major decks represented, some really good Legacy players, and the only loss either had all day was to each other. To an extent, there might have been a 'Chang Effect' occurring (dodging worst matchups all day) yet how would that invalidate the results? Results are results, both decks had a plan for combo, & both have more optimization that occur - how is that anything but a positive?

Firebrothers
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
So in what sort of numbers did the epic storm deck show up? I am reading this tournement (http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=32288.0)report from some guy that got 10th and he played against it 3 times.

Bryant Cook
03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
There was 4 total, after I read that I laughed for a good while.

Anusien
03-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Where is the Tog deck? I want the day 1 T8 deck and supposedly another Tog deck did well day 2, and I want that list too.

Zach Tartell
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Props to Ray for running another bomb tournament. But he needs to have more legacy ones than vintage ones. F'real.

I'll put up my report in a couple days.

Ta Jugs
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Hell yea 4 people from Rochester made top 8. Me, Kyle Dorgan, Jeff Folinus, and Dave Price HAHA go us.

freakish777
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Where is the Tog deck? I want the day 1 T8 deck and supposedly another Tog deck did well day 2, and I want that list too.

It's the same list...

Gekoratel
03-05-2007, 09:24 PM
It's the same list...
I'm not sure if its the same list unless there was another Tog deck that I didn't see at the top tables. The only Tog deck doing well day 2 was Elias Vaisberg with his Japanese UB Tog list.

Dr. Teeth
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
yeah it was jeff's buddy day 2, i ran into jeff round 2 and just sucked it up.

Xero
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
The Mana Drain had the Tog list up:

3 Psychatog

4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
3 Mana Leak
2 Circular Logic

3 Brainstorm
4 Accumulated Knowledge
3 Intuition
2 Fact or Fiction
3 Cunning Wish

3 Pernicous Deed
2 Vedelkan Shackles

1 Life from the Loam
1 Wasteland
1 Mishra's Factory
2 Lonely Sandbar
1 Barren Moor

4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
4 Underground Sea
4 Tropical Island
3 Snow-Covered Island
1 Snow-Covered Swamp

//SB:
1 Pernicious Deed
4 Engineered Plauge
4 Duress
1 Hideous Laughter
1 Berserk
1 Corpse Dance
1 Ghastly Demise
1 Naturalize
1 Misdirection

Looks good.

freakish777
03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah it was jeff's buddy day 2, i ran into jeff round 2 and just sucked it up.

My bad. You have to get ahold of Elias then on TMD likely. I was thrown off by the words "that did well."

9 points in the swiss after 6 rounds isn't my idea of well (no disrespect to Elias).

Di
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Hell yea 4 people from Rochester made top 8. Me, Kyle Dorgan, Jeff Folinus, and Dave Price HAHA go us.

...you know that's just as many top8s as the EPIC Syndicate placed, right? But that fact that one team placed that many is just awesome to begin with.

Bane of the Living
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Im suprised he didnt play an Exi as a wish target, that seems to be the best application for the card. I saw it kick alot of ass. Also, Naturalize over Grip??? That one needs an explanation.

MattH
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Im suprised he didnt play an Exi as a wish target, that seems to be the best application for the card. I saw it kick alot of ass. Also, Naturalize over Grip??? That one needs an explanation.

Not as much as, "Where did the fourth Brainstorm go?" but w/e.

From a lot of Tog experience, I have a hard time believing that list can beat goblins, but it looks decent against most everything else.

Gekoratel
03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
His list does have a really hard time against Goblins because by adding the third color to improve other matchups you lose game against Wasteland decks ie Goblins. Here is Elias' list of Tog, note that this is coming from my memory of 8 games and talking about it.

UB Tog

Land
4 Underground Sea
4 Polluted Delta
2 Flooded Strand
2 Swamp
10 Island

Creatures
3 Psycatog

Draw
4 Brainstorm
4 Accumulated Knowledge
3 Fact of Fiction

Counter
4 Force Spike (insanely good!)
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will

Misc
4 Engineered Plague
3 Intuition
3 Cunning Wish
2 Damnation

Sideboard:
4 Duress
3 Ghastly Demise
1 Veldalken Shackles
1 Corpse Dance
1 Rebuild
1 Echoing Truth
1 Fact of Fiction
1 Diabolic Edict
1 Brainfreeze
1 ????

T00L
03-06-2007, 02:46 AM
The card in the board you missed was extirpate he had one as a wish target

Oathmaster
03-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Hello,

I am curious since I did not make the tournament about extirpate. How did this card turn out? Was there a lot of people running it and did it make any sort of impact? Or was this card as hyped-up and overrated as some people said?

Thanks

Osse
03-06-2007, 05:58 PM
If I remember right, he cut the Extirpate day 2. He was running it day 1 in the side event, and it was so underwhelming. The other card day 2 was shackles I believe.

SonataOfTheCathedral
03-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Extripate is the worst card ever, even as a Cunning Wish target I found it to be garbage. I hit an Eternal Dragon and shrugged it away.

As for my performance being underwhelming with the Tog deck you are correct. It's probably my playskill being mediocore, since I haven't picked up Tog since 2003.

I did crush the side event until I ran into a deck that was 36 pieces of removal. Being a Legacy player that weekend I didn't really pursue the route of Brainfreezing my terrible opponent out.

Day 2 I started off strong, got landscrewed against Goblins game 1 and 3. I lost to Threshold fair and square, and played like ScrubbyMcDouche v Anwar because I knew about getting the draft packs and thats really all that mattered to me.

I find straight U/B Tog to be superior, strictly because of the Goblins match. Gekoratel and I agreed Goblins will crush U/B/G tog over and over because of that decks horrendous manabase, and the fact Pernicious Deed historically and fundamentally is the nut low in Tog.

For future reference since I will probably never play this format again, a few Japanese players worked on the Tog list, handed it to me after my request. I would just change the maindeck Damnations to Vedalken Shackles. I think the meta is more prompted for that card. I would also try Chrome Mox out.

Don't even think of cutting Force Spike.

meloku79
03-11-2007, 10:55 AM
hey, i was wondering if any of u guys could put up a list for that dark boros deck that split in the finals on day 2. if anyone could help it would be highly appreciated, thanx.

Eldariel
03-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Niknight's Dark Boros=http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6114