PDA

View Full Version : Angel's Grace

Parcher
02-01-2007, 12:22 PM
My opponent has a Pyrostatic Pillar in play, and I cast Angel's Grace when at two life.

I know that the Pillar's trigger will resolve first, and it will deal two damage. Will the "can not lose" clause take effect before SBEs are checked and I lose with zero life?

cdr
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
When the Pillar triggers resolves, Angel's Grace is still on the stack. It has not even started to resolve, so it can not possibly have any effect (besides something that works on the stack, like Split Second).

chmoddity
02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Will the "can not lose" clause take effect before SBEs are checked

State based effects are checked every time a player gets priority, so the Pillar trigger will resolve, dealing lethal damage to you. Then, active player will get priority and you will die with Angel's Grace on the stack. I personally blame David Gearhart for Angel's Grace's inability to save you in this interaction.

Brushwagg
02-02-2007, 10:28 PM
So if I have a Standstill in play, and my opponent plays a Split Second card, I'll draw before the Split Second card resolves??

ForceofWill
02-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes because split second only stops spells and ACTIVATED abilitys and standstill is triggered. So you play the split second spell then it goes on the stack then standstill triggers and you draw the cards.

Tacosnape
02-03-2007, 01:13 AM
I personally blame David Gearhart for Angel's Grace's inability to save you in this interaction.

Good call. He's to blame for a lot. I even blame David Gearheart for my athlete's foot. I go to spray some Tinactin on it and it spreads before the spray ever resolves. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised the next time I saw John Madden doing a commercial for Tinactin if he went to say "Get tough-actin' Tin..." and David Gearheart jumped out from behind a tree and interrupted him with "Hold on, I have a response."

NANTUKO_SHADY
02-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Good call. He's to blame for a lot. I even blame David Gearheart for my athlete's foot. I go to spray some Tinactin on it and it spreads before the spray ever resolves. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised the next time I saw John Madden doing a commercial for Tinactin if he went to say "Get tough-actin' Tin..." and David Gearheart jumped out from behind a tree and interrupted him with "Hold on, I have a response."

ROFL.