PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of God

Mulletus
02-01-2007, 03:24 PM
This is a timing question. And it prolly doesnt work. Lets say WOG is cast, can I put the 'destroy' part on the stack and cast spells or use abilities. Like damage in combat, only different.

ok I'll give examples later, I don't want to sound any dumber than I already just did.

Ta Jugs
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
You can't lay spells in the middle of other spells.

parallax
02-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Sometimes I wish combat damage was just dealt, instead of using the stack. There's really no reason for it to use the stack. And it just makes people think that damage always uses the stack.

You can play spells or abilities while a spell is on the stack, but once it begins resolving, you have no opportunity to play spells or abilities, unless the spell specifically allows you to, or an action requires you to make a mana payment, in which case you may play mana abilities.

Complete_Jank
02-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Once WoG is on the stack and both players pass priority it starts to resolve, and no actions can be made untill WoG has finished resolving. Any effects that trigger because of the resolution of WoG will go on the stack after WoG finishes resolving. Active player's triggers go on first followed by the other player.

If you cast Wrath of God, and want to do something in response, you must do so before passing priority. If your opponent casts Wrath of God, once he passes priority you can react by doing something, but if you pass priority Wrath of God will resolve and everything that it brings with it, including the "Destroy all creatures." part.