PDA

View Full Version : en-Kor and Lashknife Barrier

Atwa
02-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Rule Question:
Whenever you use the ability of let's say: Shaman en-Kor to redirect let's say, 10 damage with a Lashknife Barrier in play. Does Lashknife Barrier prevent all damage? Is the damage still 1 source, or does the Shaman break the damage up into pieces of one damage, which all get prevented by the Barrier?

Thanks.

Shaman en-Kor
Card Type: Creature - Cleric
P/T: 1/2
Rules Text (Oracle):
0: The next 1 damage that would be dealt to Shaman en-Kor this turn is dealt to target creature you control instead.
1W: The next time a source would deal damage to target creature this turn, that damage is dealt to Shaman en-Kor instead.

Lashknife Barrier
Card Type: Enchantment
Rules Text (Oracle):
When Lashknife Barrier comes into play, draw a card.
If a source would deal damage to a creature you control, it deals that much damage minus 1 to that creature instead.

Tacosnape
02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
En-Kors do not change the source of the damage at all, merely where the damage is assigned. Therefore Lashknife Barrier will only prevent one damage per creature the damage is redirected to.

Atwa
02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Ok, thanks.

It really suckes it doesn't work, but the combo of Barrier and Pestilence still does, so the card isn't totally useless after all.

cdr
02-04-2007, 12:33 AM
The fun thing, though, is that they're both replacement effects... so you can choose whether to redirect and then reduce the damage by one, or reduce the damage by one and then redirect!

Tacosnape
02-04-2007, 02:13 AM
The fun thing, though, is that they're both replacement effects... so you can choose whether to redirect and then reduce the damage by one, or reduce the damage by one and then redirect!

Wow. I think my brain just walked into my office and demanded a raise.

...Does that have any practical use whatsoever?

cdr
02-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Probably not.