PDA

View Full Version : Top 8 at Monster Den - raped in the ass by Kavus and Drakes, and I love the VA

Citrus-God
02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Well. Wild parties mean wild times. Friday night was gonna be dedictaed to studying, some forums, and sleep. Partying on Friday night is usually what I do, but that day was not the day. I did get an invitation to a party... a sandwich making party.... you obviously need the weed and beer, duh!

So it was after school, and you know.... people meet up for this shaz after school. So I walked along out of my class. Michelle, a friend of mine met up with me, and asked if I was going. I was like, "if I can get a ride back." Guess what? A friend of mine named Tony(also former ICBE member) already provided me a ride back, and I'm fucking going. So we all went, did that stuff, I drunk... just didnt do the weed. God I'm such a fucking pansy, because I'd rather get drunk and mistaken a dude for some hot chick then do weed and laugh my ass off. So anyways, we met with them at the party place at a friend's house. We drunk, made jokes, and listened to fucking Cake and Gnarls Barkley for 3 stright hours. I love them, but listening to Cake is repetitive as well, when they sing "I Can Survive" like a million times.

To show off how shy Magic players are with girls, I have a story to tell, besides my Twinkie-ness and my adorability. Now I'm not very shy, but it just happens. Theres a girl who's like like hot... I mean, really. I cant usually tell if she has a crush on me or not, but I like her.... but she also likes this guy.... cuz guys like me end up being, "just friends" with a girl. Damn, she was right. I met that guy at the party, and dammit, his better than me in everyway; tall, handsome, and has a sense of humour... I am, however a loud, hyper, arrogant, go-getter, trashtalking, know-it-all, sarcastic little asian prick. I had no chance, and I could see why. Knowing the fact I played Poker like crazy, and I accel at the Threshold mirror and the Solidarity match-up, I saw her face when those two flirted at that party. I wasnt aggressive at all, but I wasnt confronting. Guess karma decides to let me have a Top 8 instead of her, karma's a bitch. =/

Anyways. I woke up at 10:00 am, and I called my teammate Luke. We exchanged a few words, and left, and I decided to take a shower. I got out, called Alec, and listened to Franz Ferdinand and Cake for the past 1.5 hours, and Alec and his Dad picked me up around 12:15. We got there, registered, and hung around. I crashed into Xue, played some T1, and I did awful. Pairings were up, and here we go!

List? Here ya go, so sexy. I played the deck I knew and love... I love the Hatfields...

// I Can Survive (Cake version)
// Lands 17
3 Windswept Heath
2 Flooded Strand
1 Polluted Delta
3 Tropical Island
4 Tundra
1 Forest
3 Island

// Creatures 10
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear
2 Mystic Enforcer

// Spells 33
4 Brainstorm
4 Serum Visions
4 Portent
4 Predict
3 Daze
3 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Pithing Needle

// Sideboard 15
1 Mystic Enforcer
2 Loaming Shaman
3 Jotun Grunt
3 Naturalize
3 Hydroblast
3 Stifle

I felt horrible. I played the deck I knew over TES. I should've played TES, but it didnt matter, all the matches I won with this would've been won by TES, except 5/3... TES would've been better.

Round 1: Josh Wesley w/ Solidarity.

He got his grudge from Maplewood this time. He also Top 8 that one. He has a tendency to beat asians and end up in the top 8 with them.

Game 1:
I got some pretty bad draws, and he went off with 8 Islands in play without High Tide, because last turn I FoWed his Remand for on his High Tide over our sexy counterwar. I was also nervous, and cut his deck after Impulse. I forgot the damn thing got errata'd cuz I was nervous. Fuck!

Game 2:
Look above, but with High Tide. I need to study how to play against High Tide again. I beat him at Maplewood, but that was because I expected him to not play that deck really, and go for Rifter. *sigh.

0-1-0 Lame....

Round 2: Janky old man with Goblins.

Game 1:
He died with Needle on Vial. He died because he never resolved a Ringleader nor SCG.

Game 2: Like that, but I had Stifles and Hydroblasts.

1-1-0

After that, me, Luke, Josh, and Alec decided to split for 3 pizzas at Dominos. It was good, and greasy.... oh it tasted like fat and McDonalds... just what a man on the go needs.

Round 3: Alec w/ RG Beatz.

He was 0-2, and he realized he should've dropped, but wanted to keep playing for the fun and sexual thrill. He gave me the win, and I did the flashdance. Hell ya! We played some games for fun too! We were singing, dancing, and later we did the Truffle Shuffle, but were too fit and sexy to. Dammit.

2-1-0

Round 4: I dont remember, but he Top 8ed with Threshold.

Game 1:
He mulled down to 6, and I had a hand with some control and men. He plays a Trop, and I knew it was the mirror. Time to mise.
We traded a lot of guys, and countered a lot of guys. He played Serum Visions and followed it up with Predict. I played my Predict targeting him, and he was like, "interesting." I called Windswept Heath and hit a Counterspell. He then played Mental Note and dredged away Swords and a FoW. The game ended up him 9 and me at 8. I had an Enforcer out and he has 2 Anurid Brushhoppers out. I swung, he swung, and I swung again.

Game 2:
I kept a bad cantripless hand and lost because I'm an itdiot. He got Thresh with Mental Note and overwhelmed me with Geese and Bears early. I am an itdiot for not fighting the Card Quality war with him.

Game 3:
I kept a good hand and he mulled.
We got into a threat v.s. counterwar. I had 3 Grunts but were all answered, as well a Loaming Shaman. I ended the game with 2 Enforcers and a Bear.

3-1-0

That is just sexy. I am so good at the Threshold mirror, that was what I was hoping for. My luck still came in, and damn I'm good.

Round 5: Another guy with Bardo Thresh

Game 1:
I drew better than he did. He was topdecking with no cards in hand, and I had 4 cards which were answers while Bears and Geese applied pressure.

Game 2:
Again, Grunts dont do shit but beat, and damn his good at it. He plays Grunts and I answer them, and we both traded a ton of men. The game ended him topdecking again and me with Enforcers on the table. I am like the Enforcer god.

4-1-0

Later, me, Josh, and this guy decided to split and lay Soul Calibur. I played Cassandra, and damn... not only is she hot, but she also won me some games too. I dont really want to get into details of my masturbation thoughts (joking, but we can agree Rachael Leigh Cook is hot though, right?).

Round 6: Solidarity.

We IDed.

Top 8: Alex with Faerie Stompy/5/3 hybrid.

We both supported the idea of 5c Ancient Tomb/Chalice decks, and it has done us well. We both worked hard on the deck, and I am glad I lost to him, as he made his point about that idea. I love this guy too!

Game 1: I mulled like crazy because they didnt have a Swords, FoW, or land. I went down to 5 and was raped in the ass by Kavus and Drakes.

Game 2: Look above. I Dazed a 3Sphere, and a Chalice resolved. I started buying cocaine the get rid of the pain, but it wasnt enough. I resorted to sniffing that blue layer in the magic card.
I had an Enforcer out versus 2 Kavus and an Efreet. We all know I'm gonna end up with the Kavu and the Efreet all night long... in bed...

Anyways, I so much to say besides how much I love the Hatfields, but also how much I should've played TES. I think I should play TES because I dont scoop to crap like 3Sphere.

Props:

Alex for proving my point.
Josh for just beating me and being cool. He didnt call judge on me when I went nervously insane. I got my confidence back against Threshold later.
Jeremy Zwirn for the Solidairty tech.
Alec for giving me the win.
Luke for being cool, and trading me the chinese Serum Visions.
Xue for making me want to play T1.
Lenny for being awesome, and telling me to go away because I'll break his concentration as well as telling me that I'm a bad Gifts player.
The Hatfields and VA for this savage deck.
Fallen Omnipotent because I finally got to meet him. This guy is so cool.
Happy Gilmore for helping me with match-up analysis and helping me understand the deck way more than any other player.
Mad Zur for also helping me with match-up analysis, but also in full detail.
Cassandra for just looking hot (I went with the green one) and winning against everybody but Voldo and Raphael.
Mystic Enforcer for making me gay, and proud.
TES for making me stright, b/c I like to eat steak, and do manly stuff like play Tendrils for 22, and EtW for 12 tokens first turn.
Gifts for helping me understand I'm gay at heart, stright at penis.
Derek for offering me a ride, and someone to talk to on AIM when nobody else is there for you.
Jeremy for letting me trade crap and extras for good cards, as well as not playing so everyone has a fair chance this time.
Me for playing Threshold.
Cake and Franz Ferdinand for making me, me.
My amazing ability to piece together Threshold player's hands on turn 3 consistently.
Wastedlife for making TES, as well as the EPIC Syndicate. We might change our name from I Can Beat EPIC, to The Badass Anti-Heroes.
Tony's sister for being hot. No joke.
Antavia... no reason, I just wanted to put her in here.
Nathaniel and Nick... kinda like the one above. I'm a bias bitch, and I love those two people, so fucking mind you all!!!

Slops:

The vending machine for being gay and running out of raspberry iced tea and Dr. Pepper. Fuck you Luke for getting the last Dr. Pepper.
My deck for being gay against Solidarity, but not against the mirror and goblins. wtf? Wait... it's not the decks problem, it's me...
Me for not playing TES.
Domino's for making me thirsty like those A-rabs.
Me for naming my decks after bad songs. Next time TES is gonna be named Do Do Do Do Do or Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones.

Anyways. I love everyone I played against. I had a strong mental game, and I won like the dead sexy asian I am against the mirror, but lose to Chalice.

Thanks for reading this crap, and I love you guys for the patience.

Firebrothers
02-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Awesome job dude it is always nice when you T8. Don't regret not playing TES because you never know what your matchups are gonna be like. I am glad thresh is doing well in your meta because it seems to have dies out pretty much in the Central Texas meta. Props on that pizza also, Dominos is the shit.

Citrus-God
02-11-2007, 04:21 AM
Awesome job dude it is always nice when you T8. Don't regret not playing TES because you never know what your matchups are gonna be like. I am glad thresh is doing well in your meta because it seems to have dies out pretty much in the Central Texas meta. Props on that pizza also, Dominos is the shit.

Thanks, and....

I dunno. I kinda played TES ever since Wastedlife showed it to me. ShLong was awesome, but TES is the most fully optimized deck his built since then. He dedictated a lot of time on TES, and he made a deck that can bust through the Big 3 very well. Only problem I had with the deck was against Faerie Stompy and Red Death.

Because I love VA so much, my teammate and I are building Red Death at the moment. we just need a Masticore for the SB, another Shade, and 2 Negators.

Also, I loved Domino's. It got me very thirsy though, haha.

Citrus-God
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Change my deck's name and I'll cut you. Aside from that congrats on your top eight. Why wish you'd of played TES, you did top 8 afterall...

Well.... If I top 8ed, I would've beaten the games I lost, such as Solidarity and 5/3. I felt awful after I got knocked out of the Top 4, and wished I played TES, because I would've been undefeated in swiss.

jodawe
02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Josh for just beating me and being cool. He didnt call judge on me when I went nervously insane. I got my confidence back against Threshold later.
Jeremy Zwirn for the Solidairty tech.

I am cool but seriously... Jeremy huh??? Who piloted the tech again??? Jeremy only does what David Gearhart tells him to do. :smile:

Citrus-God
02-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I am cool but seriously... Jeremy huh??? Who piloted the tech again??? Jeremy only does what David Gearhart tells him to do. :smile:

Good point. That tech was pretty sexy though. I mean, just 1 Dual land, and 4 SBed cards. Damn that is just hot.

And I dont recall Jeremy listening to Gearhart, cuz he listens to Herbig. We all know who the true creator of Solidarity is; Herbig and Judas. It was a design to take down t1 players that converted to 1.5 and Jesus with UW Landstill.

JZ23
02-14-2007, 01:45 AM
I am cool but seriously... Jeremy huh??? Who piloted the tech again???

and who lost to erhnamdjinn.dec?

Jeremy only does what David Gearhart tells him to do. :smile:

At least I don't get a stiffy everytime someone says his name ;)

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 12:43 AM
and who lost to erhnamdjinn.dec?

Oh yeah, I forgot you beat Faerie Stompy that one time.

At least I don't get a stiffy everytime someone says his name ;)

I spit-out my drink and started laughing. We all know this is far from true; the only person who get's aroused by that name is Jesus, and we all know Jesus is gay.