PDA

View Full Version : ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

Citrus-God
02-14-2007, 11:48 PM
ICBE want's more of an established team. So far, hardly anyone on our team is known, so we need more people to join. So what's our goal? Beating the ever loving shit out of The EPIC Syndicate of course. We're gonna make our debut at GP Columbus, if you wish to join us, we want to know about you as a player before you can even qualify. We wont be asking the questions, but we sure as hell want answers. We expect you to introduce yourself and every little small thing to go along with it. We want to know about you, the decks you like to run, and your playstyle before we can even judge you. If you join, here is what we'll give you,

1. The password to the (coming soon) team forums.
2. A team that want's to win against The EPIC Syndicate.

Heres some general things to include for us... add more please to your resume.

1. Name
2. City, State
3. Your favorite competitive deck, and why
4. Your playstyle
5. How you put psychology into effect during the course of the game.

And so on. We want to know about you. Good luck!

Cait_Sith
02-14-2007, 11:55 PM
I'll get the finished product to your tomorrow! This will rock.

Silverdragon
02-15-2007, 12:44 AM
ICBE recruiting? Wow!
Too bad I'm far too casual to join you, oh and I live in f*cking Germany, that's a real turnoff too :(

Di
02-15-2007, 12:50 AM
This is by far the most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed on these forums. However, I won't immediately lock it just so I can get a little amusement.

Just a note though: In order to be recognized, you can't, you know, suck.

+1 for EPIC.

The Rack
02-15-2007, 01:02 AM

+1 for EPIC.

Diablos is my hero.

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 01:05 AM
This is by far the most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed on these forums. However, I won't immediately lock it just so I can get a little amusement.

+1 for EPIC.

Thanks for leaving this thread open.

And in the kind of a crappy movie way, we will make win, through friendship, trust, and determination. :cool:

If you want to be amused, watch us dominate GP Columbus with our dead sexy playskill... if I can find the right teammates and not crash into anybody named Jeremy Zwirn at the GP, I'm basically unbeatable.

btw, love you new ATS list (not trying to kiss your ass either).

Not everyone can be as cool as you , Diablos :rolleyes:

I'm reserving this post until I have time to edit something in.
On a side-note, I get +1 for living in MN, right/ :cool:

We need more locals like you. haha. Right now, I'm trying to get Xue, Josh, and Jeremy in my team. I'm defintely accepting Lenny, but I think his gonna say no to us because he thinks I'm an awful player. I admit, I do suck at Vintage and most decks I dont practice with. Lenny is overall pretty good at this format though. Watch him Top 8 with WUB Fish back-to-back.

herbig
02-15-2007, 01:13 AM
3. My favorite competitive deck would have to be The Project 2.0
4. My play style is winning.
5. Unnecessary. See above.

Pinder
02-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, it's just too bad that I'm already in the team that's going to take GP Columbus by storm.

Info-Ninja FTW.

Maverick676
02-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes prepare yourselves for the two man apacolypse wielding meathooks.

Pinder
02-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes prepare yourselves for the two man apacolypse wielding meathooks.

That's right. We're meathooks. Who wield the apocalypse. Punctuation is for sissies.

But this thread is about ICBE, so we should probably stop hijacking it with our Meaty goodness.

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 09:34 AM
1. Michael James Herbig
2. Auburn, NY
3. My favorite competitive deck would have to be The Herbig Project 2.0
4. My play style is winning.
5. Unnecessary. See above.

one of us?? yay?!

@Team Info-Ninja: Quit showing off your meat... it's making ours and the asian kid's look bad...

Nightmare
02-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I was gonna make fun of you, but herbig totally wins the thread already.

I think it's awesome that Mike is on 2 teams that have competitors entitled "I Can Beat X," where X is a team Mike Herbig is on.

Anusien
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview.

ICBE want's more of an established team.
Team ICBE: We Suck At Grammar.

Also, what is ICBE anyway? In otherwords, why do I care about you and why should I want to join?

Xero
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Team ICBE: We Suck At Grammar.

Also, what is ICBE anyway?

I Can Beat Epic. Its in A~A's sig, ya know.

Edited my post to be more cooler. (the 6th).

Lego
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
one of us?? yay?!

I like how he gets excited about the mocking.

Pinder
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I think it's awesome that Mike is on 2 teams that have competitors entitled "I Can Beat X," where X is a team Mike Herbig is on.

That's actually a good call, because now no matter who wins, Herbig wins. Yay for him.

edit: Unless we win :cool:

Lukas Preuss
02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
So far, hardly anyone on our team is known, so we need more people to join.

You know, this isn't how it works. First, you make yourself known (either by being successful at tournaments, or by creating competitive decks), than people may want to join your team. Why would a good player or deck builder have any interest to do you a favor and join you? :)

Too bad I'm far too casual to join you, oh and I live in f*cking Germany, that's a real turnoff too
You could try to join the awesome Team AYB, but wait... this isn't how it works, either. You don't get to choose Team AYB - Team AYB chooses you (if we want to)! ;)

You could, of course, try to join some of the other, less awesome Legacy teams in Germany (team CWH comes to mind)...

emidln
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
1) Brandon Adams
2) Flint, MI
3) Moon Palace (it's 87% vs everything!)
4) I kill my opponents with laughter. When they see me and then what deck I'm playing, they kiel over, hit their head on the table, and pass out. I call a judge for the forfeit.
5) I dress in frilly pink outfits around a large white easter bunny costume. I also play Moon Palace.

Lego
02-15-2007, 04:08 PM
4) I kill my opponents with laughter. When they see me and then what deck I'm playing, they kiel over, hit their head on the table, and pass out. I call a judge for the forfeit.

True story, this happened to me once. I kieled right over. You'll fit in with A~A's style quite nicely emidln.

bigbear102
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
This is quite funny.

on1y0ne
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I am very amused. If I judge at the GP, it will be funny if, although I would never make a biased ruling, I have to rule against someone from ICBE, especially if an EPIC player is the opponent.

Then the score would be as follows:
Judge +1
EPIC +1
ICBE 0

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I Can Beat Epic. Its in A~A's sig, ya know.

Edited my post to be more cooler. (the 6th).

I definitely think your good for this team. I remember you, I play with you at Maplewood all the time, but I hardly ever crash into you. IMO, your in. I just have to get this settled with Luke and Alec. I'm sure Luke is gonna say yes to you, and Alec would be cool if you in the team. I'll PM you later about the details.

@Anusien: Immaturely speaking; quit being an anus. If you dont wanna join, dont join. Besides, the name of the team is more of an inside joke. We still want a serious team to be established however. Also, only 2 of the 3 people are going to GP Columbus so far, so that means we need more people to represent us. We're small, so yeah. Yes, I admit Anus, I do suck with grammer...

Whit3 Ghost
02-15-2007, 06:40 PM
There's already a team that can beat EPIC, it's called Team Blitzkreig.

Bryant Cook
02-15-2007, 06:42 PM
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH! Wow, thanks I needed that.

Whit3 Ghost
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Gro/Solidarity has this problem of losing to Sun Tower.

EDIT- You're welcome.

Traitor.

Bryant Cook
02-15-2007, 06:46 PM
As we found out from our test obv. TES doesn't, seeing as I beat you 4-0.

herbig
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM

What the hell is this Sun Tower? Did I miss some joke/development?

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM

EDIT- You're welcome.

Traitor.

Watch Shattering Spree go wild! No really, you throw out Chalice, he'll just answer it EOT, and go off on his turn.

herbig
02-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Watch Shattering Spree go wild! No really, you throw out Chalice, he'll just answer it EOT, and go off on his turn.

Let me be the first to say, lol.

And you think you can beat EPIC?

Xero
02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I definitely think your good for this team. I remember you, I play with you at Maplewood all the time, but I hardly ever crash into you. IMO, your in. I just have to get this settled with Luke and Alec. I'm sure Luke is gonna say yes to you, and Alec would be cool if you in the team. I'll PM you later about the details.

Thanks. But could you email me instead? My good computer is broken, and all I have left is a crappy Mac w/o PM. :cry: (pete5543@umn.edu)

Edit: I should say, I technically have PM, but my computer either blocks them or turns them into gibberish.

Judge +1
EPIC +1
ICBE 0

Humanity -1

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Judge +1
EPIC +1
ICBE 0

Humanity -1

Civilization -1

Also, Macs are awesome. I wish I had one, so now my Dell is crapping out on me every 20 minutes. It happens that Windows are designed to punish mac lovers and mac-users alike.

Also, I'll email you tonight and tell you how things are going. I'm positive that your in, since you probably get along well with Luke.

@Herbig: Oh yeah, I forgot, The Herbig Project 2.0 is Solidarity that can go off with Chalice active. In this case, yeah, we can beat EPIC, with our Luk-A-Tron Project 1.25. We'll give you a hint, it uses Tendrils of Agony and Kird Ape.

herbig
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
@Herbig: Oh yeah, I forgot, The Herbig Project 2.0 is Solidarity that can go off with Chalice active. In this case, yeah, we can beat EPIC, with our Luk-A-Tron Project 1.25. We'll give you a hint, it uses Tendrils of Agony and Kird Ape.

I was referring to the fact that Shattering Spree is a Sorcery, and thus cannot be cast End of Turn.

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I was probably thinking of Rebuild of Hurkyl's Recall then. Goddamn I suck.

Well, basically, everybody who is going to play Sun Tower will have to side in Juggernauts and Phyrexian War Beasts if they want to beat TES, because if you make attempts to slowplay then by dropping one soft lock at a time, it's going to be hard to do much against them once Shattering Spree comes.

gustoh
02-15-2007, 08:25 PM
We need more locals like you. haha. Right now, I'm trying to get Xue, Josh, and Jeremy in my team. I'm defintely accepting Lenny, but I think his gonna say no to us because he thinks I'm an awful player. I admit, I do suck at Vintage and most decks I dont practice with. Lenny is overall pretty good at this format though. Watch him Top 8 with WUB Fish back-to-back.

Actually I finished 9th in the last MonsterDen tournament... but I've got plenty of top 8's in big Legacy tournaments here in MN...

LT...

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Actually I finished 9th in the last MonsterDen tournament... but I've got plenty of top 8's in big Legacy tournaments here in MN...

LT...

That's true. Dude, we're kinda bias with you and Xue right now-so you wanna join? It's the wrost team name ever, but we need some people to judge the decks that we are building, and we can have a good name for ourselves.

@Brushwagg: Yeah, that is kinda ironic. But look at Team Blitzreig, Adam is playing TES. I'm playing TES; I admit, it's a pretty damn nice deck to be honest.

Nightmare
02-15-2007, 11:05 PM
New plan: Stay on topic.

Citrus-God
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
So far we have accepted Xero in our team. Anyone else who is interested, post, and we'll get back to you at some point with an email.

emidln
02-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Edited to save Mr. Nightmare the effort.

jodawe
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM
1. Name
2. City, State
4. Your playstyle

1) Josh
2) Maplehood, MN
3) Solidarity because Dave beat Jeremy with it. I'm pretty sure I saw Jeremy cry.
4) ghetto fabulous. Nuff said.
5) I yell really loud at people that cut my deck after I put cards on the bottom from an impulse... I dunno if my psychology works because they seem to think they can do it again and again... Yea I'm talking about you Melvin.

That would be my resume if my mom let me play with twinkies. :smile:

Citrus-God
02-18-2007, 04:52 PM
1) Josh
2) Maplehood, MN
3) Solidarity because Dave beat Jeremy with it. I'm pretty sure I saw Jeremy cry.
4) ghetto fabulous. Nuff said.
5) I yell really loud at people that cut my deck after I put cards on the bottom from an impulse... I dunno if my psychology works because they seem to think they can do it again and again... Yea I'm talking about you Melvin.

That would be my resume if my mom let me play with twinkies. :smile:

So you wanna join then? I talked to Luke and Alec about it already; as long as your name is not Bryan (works at rainbow btw) or Thomas Shacket, and we know you, your in.

As for 5, I was nervous as hell. I didnt have any hard counters, otherwise I would've played right, and wouldn't cut after an Impulse thinking your shuffled.

Well.... what would you rather have - my Twinkie-ness or how much of an egg you and Luke are?

Atwa
02-18-2007, 05:31 PM
1. Name
2. City, State
4. Your playstyle

1. Niels
2. Tilburg, Noord-Brabant
3. Angel Stompy, followed with Terrageddon. I really like AS's take on aggro. Terrageddon is for me being in love with Terravore since the moment I laid eyes on it. TG is the best deck by far using this card, not to say it's one of the best rogue decks played aty the moment.
4. Normally I play Aggro, Aggro-Control, Control or Combo-Control. Almost every thing except pure combo (mind you, combo with 4 duress or 4 fow is still pure combo).
5. I always try to scare my opponents with my playstyle. I never look nervous and always play like I've got everything under control. Normally I even smile right in my opponents face when he plays a sweeper, like I really don't care and he is actually helping me, even at the times I really can't use it. Keeping your opponent off balanse is one of the best ways to lure your opponents into making play mistakes.

About my application: I live on the other side of the ocean, so I won't be able to actually go to any tournaments togetter (unless someone will be sponsoring, off course).
The part where I'd like to participate is in sharing tech and builing decks. In Holland we have a whole other meta (like almost no combo), so decks are build differently, there are even good decks most people in the US don't play or have even heard about (the winning Terravore list is one of those examplels), A fresh view at building decks and deck ideas can be very refreshing.

PS: don't email me, I'm too tired to change my adres in my account to a working one. If you want you can always send me a PM

torgar
02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
1) Brian Feigley
2) Bridgewater, NJ
3) RabidWombat, SunTower, or anything that runs 4 copies of Shaharazad..
4) Anything that's annoying to play against, which is primarily control. Unless it's broken aggro involving Skullclamp. Oh wait, that's banned.
5) I make jokes and advise my opponents as to what plays they should be making and what terrible cards they should use that would be situationally devastating. Since that's the entire basis for my decks. Their perfect plays still won't overcome my metadecks' abilities to win with Festival of the Guildpact. Plus my tendency to make mistakes means I give great advice!

And my resume already include wins versus EPIC... I beat wastedlife running TES at GAGG yesterday. And my priorities are inline with savagely beating down combo decks.

tpnp
02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
as long as your name is not ...Thomas Shacket, and we know you, your in.
Holy crap, I about pissed myself reading that.

PunkRocker1134
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
1. Name
2. City, State
4. Your playstyle

1) Frank Giuffre(incase you want the last name)
2) Philadelphia, PA
3) Angel Stompy, because it's solid against everything besides Storm Combo. Fast Storm combo, because its just so fast and I love playing Combo. Also most any control deck. I'm usually best at playing control
4) I love to play faster decks (Combo) but I'm best at Controlish decks (like the previously mentioned Angel Stompy or decks like Landstill or Wombat)
5) Usually I joke alot during the game. I never let the opponent think I'm in trouble.

Other things, which are pretty negative but needs to be known. I don't know how many tornaments I can get to and I dont own that many cards. I'd be most helpful online testing and finding new tech, but I will show up to the occasional tornament when I can.

Kadaj
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
1) Nick Schachter
2) Danbury, Connecticut
3) Vial Affinity, because it's horribly underplayed considering how little hate for it is actually played in Legacy, and MUC, because I've been testing and tuning it for while now and am pretty comfortable with it.
4) I'm best at decks that can switch roles depending on what they're up against. Something like Angel Stompy, which can go aggro or control depending on the situation at hand.
5) I constantly bluff at information, and I'm good at predicting what my opponent will do before he does it (i.e, he taps his lands and I remark "Playing X?"), which can throw some people off their game.

I don't own a car at the moment, so getting out to tournaments that are significantly far away aren't going to be the easiest thing on the planet, but I'll make it out to as many as I can.

Citrus-God
02-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Holy crap, I about pissed myself reading that.

Not my fault most of my team hates Thomas. I for one think his an okay guy really. We have differences in magic theory, and that's about it. His quite a decent guy from what I've seen of him. His trashing talking get's really Smmenen-like flamboyant after a while, but his cool.

gustoh
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
So you wanna join then? I talked to Luke and Alec about it already; as long as your name is not Bryan (works at rainbow btw) or Thomas Shacket, and we know you, your in.

As for 5, I was nervous as hell. I didnt have any hard counters, otherwise I would've played right, and wouldn't cut after an Impulse thinking your shuffled.

Well.... what would you rather have - my Twinkie-ness or how much of an egg you and Luke are?

OMG...

Watch Bryan and Shacket form a super team now and destory everyone in the world with Ohran Vipers...

I'm joining that team...

LT...

Citrus-God
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
OMG...

Watch Bryan and Shacket form a super team now and destory everyone in the world with Ohran Vipers...

I'm joining that team...

LT...

Ohran Vipers.... dont forget to mention they wont be playing 1.5, and probably move on to something like Ext or T2... where their Ohran Vipers count.

Tacosnape
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
1) Leif Whittaker
2) Birmingham, Alabama
3) B/W Confidant, Twilight, Dragon Stompy, Goblins, Solidarity, whatever.
4) I can play pretty much any deck I pick up with occasional exceptions. I'm best with decks packing Cabal Therapy though, as I tend to be extremely accurate with them when playing them blindly.
5) I constantly ask people how many cards they have in their hand and to see their graveyards, even if it's not entirely relevant to me at the time. I originally did this for the sake of calculating at any given moment in time whether or not I was truly in control of a game, as well as catching the occasional cheater. But I've been told by some people it can be intimidating.

What does ICBE have to offer beyond a bold proclamation to beat a pretty good team? In essence, if EPIC were to extend me an invitation to join them today, why should I join you over them?

Pinder
02-19-2007, 09:15 PM
What does ICBE have to offer beyond a bold proclamation to beat a pretty good team? In essence, if EPIC were to extend me an invitation to join them today, why should I join you over them?

You shouldn't join either. You should join team Info-Ninja :tongue:.

Vardaman
02-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Not my fault most of my team hates Thomas. I for one think his an okay guy really. We have differences in magic theory, and that's about it. His quite a decent guy from what I've seen of him. His trashing talking get's really Smmenen-like flamboyant after a while, but his cool.

It's kind of funny and sad to see him flip out after losing. :)

Tacosnape
02-19-2007, 11:12 PM
You shouldn't join either. You should join team Info-Ninja :tongue:.

I don't know much about Team Info-Ninja either.

...Then again, I suppose that would sort of be consistent with the whole ninja thingy.

Citrus-God
02-19-2007, 11:50 PM

lol... I see that way too often. It gets old after awhile he complains about how he loses to bad decks.

BTW, Gabe - You should join ICBE.

Vardaman
02-20-2007, 12:42 AM
lol... I see that way too often. It gets old after awhile he complains about how he loses to bad decks.

BTW, Gabe - You should join ICBE.

I would but the whole team thing is really overrated. I'd be happy to playtest with you guys on MWS or whatever.

Citrus-God
02-20-2007, 01:17 AM
I would but the whole team thing is really overrated. I'd be happy to playtest with you guys on MWS or whatever.

haha. Really, it's just sharing innovation to the community and playtest. Basically, all you get to do is go on our forums and make us look good by Top 8ing.

No_Life_No_Future
02-20-2007, 01:48 AM
1. Will Setzer (dragon Will)
2. Hudson, WI
3. FEB, because people dont get it....
4. less aggro more combo
5. hmm I try to pimp out my deck with foriegns so my opponent cant read any of my cards.

I have played with both Jeremy and Josh... didnt know they were on here
(of course I have beaten them both).

JZ23
02-20-2007, 03:33 AM
as long as your name is not Bryan (works at rainbow btw) or Thomas Shacket, and we know you, your in.

How about Nick Jaquet?

I have played with both Jeremy and Josh... didn't know they were on here(of course I have beaten them both)

Like when?

gustoh
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
How about Nick Jaquet?

I guess it's settled...

we should get every person that everyone dislikes and they shall form a super team...

anyone else we need on that list...?

LT...

Volt
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
His quite a decent guy from what I've seen of him.

Friendly grammatical tip: "His" is not a contraction for "He is." The word you're looking for is "He's." Sorry, that's been bugging me for a while. Yep, I'm that anal.

Phantom
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I fucked Rachael Leigh Cook. Is that enough to get me in?

tpnp
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
How about Nick Jaquet?

Ahh, it was classic(meaning classic Nick) when he almost spilled that drink(Monster?) all over Hai's(I think it was his...) trade book at Monster Den.

I haven't been able to witness this in a while, I should hit up Dreamers on Saturday or something.

Lego
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM

That's pretty hawt... tell me you play Unearth.

On topic: what's the point in teams, really? 'Cept to be cool.

Bryant Cook
02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Borrowing cards, rides, achieving a higher level of skill through others, testing partners and many others.

Nightmare
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Popularity contest winnings, Barnacles, and manlove, mostly.

Citrus-God
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
1. Will Setzer (dragon Will)
2. Hudson, WI
4. less aggro more combo
5. hmm I try to pimp out my deck with foriegns so my opponent cant read any of my cards.

I have played with both Jeremy and Josh... didnt know they were on here
(of course I have beaten them both).

umm... you know Dustin? He's attending the U of M right now, but just askin' since you live in Hudson.

@Phantom: I fucking envy you. Your in if you throw in an application, and give me her phone number.

wmagzoo7
02-24-2007, 11:55 AM
1. Will Magrann
2. Philadelphia Pennsylvania
3. Ravager Affinity because it plays like normal aggro then goes broken.
4. I play each game like it’s my last trying to make each play as precise and robot like as possible while still being correct.
5. I watch my opponent’s reaction as if I were playing poker and then make decisions based on this.

TheDarkshineKnight
02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Popularity contest winnings, Barnacles, and manlove, mostly.

Speaking of barnacles, last year, when I was taking Zoology. I saw this crazy video of a barnacle raping another one. This tube at least ten times as large as the barnacle came out of it and went straight into the other one.

Barnacle rape: It's EPIC.

Pinder
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I saw this crazy video of a barnacle raping another one.

Now, how can you be sure it's rape when there's no way to tell if a barnacle is consenting or not? For all we know it was actually two first time lesbian barnacles who signed a release for the footage to be used in the newest installment of Barnacles Gone Wild: Seafoam Splash.

TheDarkshineKnight
02-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Now, how can you be sure it's rape when there's no way to tell if a barnacle is consenting or not? For all we know it was actually two first time lesbian barnacles who signed a release for the footage to be used in the newest installment of Barnacles Gone Wild: Seafoam Splash.

It's hard for barnacles to be lesbian when thy're hermaphroditic. >_>

Pinder
02-25-2007, 08:14 PM
It's hard for barnacles to be lesbian when thy're hermaphroditic. >_>

Doesn't that automatically make them lesbians?