PDA

View Full Version : [Report] Big Negs and his Big Boys take 5th

AnwarA101
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, after a very long drive up there. We got to the tournament site and signed up. I decided to go with The Death, and just roll with it. Before entering battle, I prayed to Vishnu for certain victory and the destruction of my enemies. As you can see, Vishnu loves The Death.

Red Death

4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Sinkhole
4 Nantuko Shade
4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Hypnotic Specter
3 Rotting Giant
1 Wretched Anurid
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Chain Lightning
4 Wasteland
4 Dark Ritual
3 Badlands
4 Polluted Delta
3 Bloodstained Mire
7 Swamp

SB:
4 Dystopia
3 Jitte
1 Darkblast
4 Engineered Plague
3 Cabal Therapy

2 Land Tendrils/Belcher Kyle (don't know the last name) - I won 2-0

Game 1 I don't know what he's playing, and keep a decent hand. All I have for disruption is a single Duress on turn 3. He does things involving Cruel Bargain and then burns for 6. Puzzled, I swing with Nantuko Shade and then Bolt him for the win.

Game 2 I curve perfectly. The Death delivers the goods and he scoops it up. 1-0!

Aluren Alix Hatfield - I won 2-0
Game 1 was ridculous. Turn 1, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Hymn to Tourach, Big Negs. Turn 2 Sinkhole. Turn 3 Sinkhole. Turn 4 Sinkhole. Scoop.

Game 2 he plays first and says Fetch, go. My turn is, Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Hymn To Tourach, Hymn To Tourach, Big Negs, leaving me with just a Badlands in hand. He goes, draw, land go. I go draw, play Badlands, Sinkhole the land you just played, beat for 5. He goes, draw, play Trop, play Wall of Roots, go. I draw, Waste his Trop and swing for 5. He goes, draw, go. I draw, play Duress, taking a Pernicious Deed, and swing for 5. Alix draws then scoops. Big Negs for the win!

Iggy Pop Nick DiTizio - I won 2-0
Game 1 I keep a reasonable hand with lands and creatures but no disruption. I don't know what Nick's playing but I remember him playing Threshold at an earlier tournament and my hand looks decent. He goes Swamp, Lotus Petal go. I'm like yikes. I attempt to ritual but he Chants me in response. I burn. I drop creatures as he kind of does nothing. I'm worried because I figure he can go off. I think I end up duressing him and he basically can't go off and I win.

Game 2 I keep a better hand, but it only has 1 Swamp, 1 Wasteland, 1 ritual on the draw. I draw its not a land, but I'm able to duress him taking Mystical Tutor (the rest of his hand is just mana). He drops land, Pithing Needle naming Wasteland. I play some creatures and get a Hyppie active. I forget to remove a card to Giant and he reminds me of it so I actually give away a turn where he can possibly win, but he doesn't find anything in time. He just has mana in his hand and he keeps drawing land.

R/B Goblins Bennet Toms - I won 2-1

Game 1 I go Badlands, Dark Ritual, Dark, Ritual, Dark Ritual, Hymn to Tourach, Big Negs, Rotting Giant. He goes Lackey go. I draw, Bolt the Lackey and swing. Bennet scoops. Before we played this game, Bennet says, 'I know I can't outplay you, but I can damn sure outdraw you!' Nobody can outdraw The Death!

Game 2 he goes Lackey go. I go Dark Ritual into Big Negs and he has Pyrokinesis. Oh, well. He lackeys into Siege Gang and has another Pyrokinesis next turn for my Ritual into Big Negs. I gues Big Negs has a drawback after all.

Game 3 I go Swamp, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Hymn to Tourach, Big Negs. Next turn, Dark Ritual, Engineered Plague with Darkblast as the other card in my hand.The Death takes it!

Enchantress LonelyBaritone (Zach Tartell, I think) - ID
I ID with him and get some food.

Goblins Jeff Folinus - ID
I ID with him too.

The Death takes TOP8!
Top 8 Brushwagg (Nat, don't know the last name) - I lost 1-2
Game 1 - I mess up big time. I'm very weary of this matchup as I can only blame Quicksilver for beating me over and over again when he was in VA. I'm on the draw and he plays Forest, Birds. I play ritual Sinkhole trying to cut him off mana early as his 4 mana creatures (FTK, Mystic Enforcer, Hierarch) wreck me. But in retrospect, I should have ritualed into Negator and played the sinkhole next turn. I don't know what I was thinking. I get to a point where he FTKs my Negator and I swing in for 11 but he's at 12. I lose my board and then he plays Hierarch putting him at 4 and out of bolt range.

Game 2 - This game was savage. I get an early Hyppie, but he has early Vial. Who plays Vial and Survival in one deck? Someone who wants to beat the crap out of Red Death apparently. Eventually we get to a point where I destroy all his lands and I help put into play 2 Rootwallas and he was able to play one earlier. He's under Hyppie lock but I'm racing 3 Rootwallas and I'm starting to fall behind in the race. I draw my 1x Darkblast and I do some math and realize that I can kill all his rootwallas and be at 1 life and I should be able to swing in for the win next if he doesn't draw anything that costs 4 (his Vial is at 4). I was hyper aggressive in this match and I win because of it.

Game 3 - This game was very close. I start off with like a Giant and then a Negator. Big Negs might have come out on turn 1 but I can't remember for sure. I make another mistake. I sac my Giant when Big Negs gets blocked but I should have sacrificed 2 lands. That would have left me with only 1 land, but it also would have put 8 more damage on the board next turn. I'm swining away with Negs, but he peals a Savannah and is able to STP Negs. He's pretty low life and he's pretty much out of cards. He peals Survival for the turn and I drop Shade. He peals FTK and vials him in shooting Shade. I have 1 land open and a ritual in my hand, but that only pumps Shade to a 5/4 so it dies. The game basically ends as I can't finish him off.

So, I take my Taigas and deal with it. All in all, a good day for me and Big Negs. Remember, The Death will come for you too! Lesson of the day play and Swing with Big Negs.

Props
Big Negs for being AMAZING!
Dark Ritual for being ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.
My opponents for not answering Big Negs.
WastedLife for the cash.
Me for drawing the ridiculous.
Quicksilver for not making us camp out.
For the best car ride home, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much.

Slops
Nitewolf9 for not playing The Death.
Everyone else who didn't play The Death.
Bennet for double Pyrokinesis. How lucky.
Calosso for being Calosso.
Me for not drawing ridiculous enough in Top8.
My Name is Scott for wasting at least an hour of our time in Arlington, VA looking for him when he didn't bother to tell us that he didn't want to go.
Overlord95 for thinking we should go look for him when it was obvious he didn't care about catching a ride.

Overall, it was a great time. Thanks for the Duals and remember! The Death is coming for you! Hm, maybe hanging around Deep6er too much? Are you playing Phyrexian Negator? Why not?

Ta Jugs
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Congratulations Anwar you deserved it.

Edit: the post below me was by some idiot logged in as me.

legacyplayer0
02-21-2007, 11:50 PM
So many dark rituals. Oh my God. Ridiculous. Congratulations I guess.

Firebrothers
02-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I wish I had as ridiculous draws as you when I play red death. Congrats. So much for keeping this deck under the radar for Columbus.

Anarky87
02-22-2007, 12:17 AM
The only time I remember going as busted as you did all day was playing against my friend who had 4c Landstill. After I told him I wasn't optimistic about the match, I went on to open with Ritual, Ritual, Hymn, Negator. Turn 2 Sinkhole his Factory. Turn 3 Waste his land. But it seems you were able to just go nuts all day with Ritual Madness!! I could use starts like that, congrats on your finish and hopefully I meet all the other Death players at GP: C.

Machinus
02-22-2007, 01:06 AM
With those draws you should be playing combo.

Congrats on the duals!

jamest
02-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Congrats Anwar. Can't stop the combo of Ritual and Vishnu.

URABAHN
02-22-2007, 06:14 AM
My Name is Scott for wasting at least an hour of our time in Arlington, VA looking for him when he didn't bother to tell us that he didn't want to go.

I heard he was jacking off to EverQuest. From now on, I refuse to acknowledge his existence when he talks about playing Magic. Fuck that whore.

Lego
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
So much for keeping this deck under the radar for Columbus.

Right, because obviously 90% of the people at Columbus will be Source readers.

Grats on the finish Anwar! Have you been taking lessons from colosso?

calosso
02-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Right, because obviously 90% of the people at Columbus will be Source readers.

Grats on the finish Anwar! Have you been taking lessons from colosso?

Yes, I taught him the ways of the mise.

AnwarA101
02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Yes, I taught him the ways of the mise.

The only thing I learned from Calosso is what NOT to do when playing Magic.

Eldariel
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh my god, the Rituals and Sinkholes... Did anyone count those things?

Anarky87
02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Anwar's report reads something like an orgy of evil rituals, exploding land, and a big fat mofo who calls himself 'Neg'.

Bardo
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Great report. Well done. :)

Soto
02-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Nneegg(aaaa) Whhhattt?!?!

Bardo
02-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Negator.

Tacosnape
02-23-2007, 01:29 AM
That's fourteen fucking Dark Rituals in nine opening hands, assuming you didn't have one either of the first two games. Or 13 and one off the top on the one goblin game.

That's the most positively ridiculous thing ever.

How was Jitte for you in the sideboard?

aisman132000
02-23-2007, 02:39 AM
dude, do you play like eight dark rituals or something? maybe you should go to vegas. I can't hate on you though, it's not your fault your deck went retarded. How many times did you mulligan? like zero?

AnwarA101
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
With those draws you should be playing combo.

Wait, you mean I wasn't playing combo? I was playing the best combo in the game, Dark Ritual Negator.

How was Jitte for you in the sideboard?

Jitte was very good as I only drew it once and it was simply amazing. Credit for Jitte has to go to Sexy Rector (he played it in his build of Red Death) as well as suggestion from the Red Death thread by nitewolf9 and a few other people. I was hesitant on the idea so I really can't take credit for it. Negator + Jitte = your opponent being dead.

dude, do you play like eight dark rituals or something? maybe you should go to vegas. I can't hate on you though, it's not your fault your deck went retarded. How many times did you mulligan? like zero?

If I was a betting man I probably would. I think I mulled once or twice all day.

Radley
02-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Grats dude.

Kronicler
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Aight, that was the most rediculous shit I've ever heard of in my entire life. If I had that kind of luck playing with TES I would win turn 1 every single time. That was fucking absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O. M. G... I just can't even comprehend that level of luck. Oh, yeah, and grats on ur finish :tongue: .

Kronicler

laststepdown
02-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Wait, you mean I wasn't playing combo? I was playing the best combo in the game, Dark Ritual Negator.

I want to sig this.

lucksack
03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
needs more spelling my name right

its
1b
2e
2n
3t
1o
1m
1s

bennett toms... I know that many t's blows everyones mind out like turn one rageing into 2x burning shole ftw but just like that you gotta deal :tongue:

Fun times and I got some revenge for you in the next round.