PDA

View Full Version : creatures without haste

Radley
02-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Can i tap creatures without haste for other permanent's ability?

Like aboshan, cephalid emperor's ability: Tap an untapped Cephalid you control: Tap target permanent.

Dr. Teeth
02-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Yes

on1y0ne
02-24-2007, 09:04 AM
If a creature does not have haste, you just cannot attack with it or use any abilities it has that have the {T:} symbol. Tapping as a cost for another ability is fine.

Radley
02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
how about enchantment, artifacts or lands that can turn into creature? can you make them into a creature the turn you cast it then attack? Like phyrexian totem.

Lego
02-24-2007, 03:42 PM
how about enchantment, artifacts or lands that can turn into creature? can you make them into a creature the turn you cast it then attack? Like phyrexian totem.

When determining whether a creature can attack or use any abilities it has that have the {T:} symbol, you ask, "Has this card been in play since the beginning of my current (or last, if it is your opponent's turn) turn." If the answer is yes, whether or not it was a creature for that period of time, then it can do these things. If not, no.

So the answer to your question is no, you cannot cast Totem, animate it and attack the same turn. Just as you cannot play and attack with Mishra's Factory on the same turn. Also, if you play Mishra's Factory and animate it, it cannot tap for mana or tap to pump itself. This is important because if you play Factory and pass the turn, you cannot animate it and then tap it to pump itself during your opponent's turn(which is useful when blocking.)

Anusien
02-24-2007, 09:04 PM
When determining whether a creature can attack or use any abilities it has that have the {T:} symbol, you ask, "Has this card been in play since the beginning of my current (or last, if it is your opponent's turn) turn."
A better way to say this would be, "Have I controlled this creature continuously since my untap step?" (Not whether you've controlled it as a creature, just whether you've controlled it). The distinction is important for change of control.

Lego
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
A better way to say this would be, "Have I controlled this creature continuously since my untap step?" (Not whether you've controlled it as a creature, just whether you've controlled it). The distinction is important for change of control.

Ah good, thanks. I was trying to think of some way to word it that would show that you can't use its tap ability during your opponent's turn either, but I forgot about change of control.

Radley
02-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Ok, thanks guys