PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement]: SCG Winter Legacy Tournament: Online/MWS

TurbulentDirge
02-28-2007, 01:36 PM
The SCG Winter Legacy Tournament
(Link: http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=298578&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

What: Unsanctioned online Legacy tournament using Magic Workstation (MWS)
When: March 5 - Undetermined Date
Where: Online.
Prizes: One card from your deck purchased and signed
"SCG Winter Legacy Tournament 07
Champion
-TurbulentDirge"
Bragging Rights / Fun, non-time-consuming experience
Entry Fee: Free

Further Details:
Currently signups are at over 30 players. Games will be played via MWS. The tournament is currently slated to be 6 round Swiss, although depending on the number of players that join in the days to come, this may change. Top 8 will be single elimination.
This is the third such tournament I have ran. The previous two went off without any hitches and were considered great sucesses by all involved. There is an extremely minimal time committment to play in the tournament (an hour or two of your time for the game every three days), and it is a great experience for testing. Complete information can be found at the link I initially provided, listed here again:
http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=298578&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If you have any questions that are not answered by the actual tournament link and the content therein, feel free to email or message me:
Email: ktkenshinx@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing you at the tournament.

-DL

legacyplayer0
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Can the prize card really be any card in my deck, or is there some kind of restriction. I'm thinking about sideboarding some random expensive card just to have something really good to win.

TurbulentDirge
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Can the prize card really be any card in my deck, or is there some kind of restriction. I'm thinking about sideboarding some random expensive card just to have something really good to win.

I would choose the card based on my price range. This is not a system with loopholes to be exploited. If you played Goblins, you might get a Vial, Warchief, etc. If you played Thresh, you might get a Mongoose or something. Solidarity, maybe Turnabout. Something along those lines. This is not exactly a tournament where you play for the cards, otherwise there would be an entry fee. This is a free, fun event.

-DL

Bane of the Living
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
So the prize for winning this whole thing is a foil Warchief (ect)?? Or are there prizes according to multiple standings?

TurbulentDirge
02-28-2007, 07:43 PM
So the prize for winning this whole thing is a foil Warchief (ect)?? Or are there prizes according to multiple standings?

As I said, this is a tournament where you do not pay a penny to enter. You spend one to two hours every three days to play your match. It is done all online with literally no financial investment of your own. There need not be a prize at all. There is only one prize for first place, a card signed as detailed above.

-DL

ForceofWill
02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I won a magic-league tourny on saturday. It was a free tourny and I got 60$.

TurbulentDirge
02-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I won a magic-league tourny on saturday. It was a free tourny and I got 60$.

This is not Magic League. This is a lone guy who has consistently dedicated time to the community at Starcitygames to provide them with a fun and interesting tournament. I would love to award larger prizes, but it is out of my means.

I feel that all of these comments are just nitpicky criticisms of the tournament. If you do not want to play you definitely do not have to. I merely post this here so people that ARE interested know about it and can act accordingly. I would love to have more prizes, but I cannot supply them. In the past, this has never been a problem. I see no reason why it should become one now.

-DL

scrumdogg
02-28-2007, 08:28 PM
You assholes want a bigger prize - put up or shut up. Either organize your own tourney (and administer it) or cut the guy actually doing something some slack. Sounds neat, if work & family death don't screw this up I should be signing up.

Bane of the Living
02-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I wasnt complaining, I was inquiring about the prize structure. Which has been clarified.

PunkRocker1134
02-28-2007, 09:10 PM
btw i gotta give you mad props Dirge. You run these tornaments perfectly with or without prizes.

edgewalker
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Can you sign mine

"<3 TurbulentDirge"

When I win?

TurbulentDirge
03-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Can you sign mine

"<3 TurbulentDirge"

When I win?

Haha of course I can. Custom Sigs are fine as long as they fit.

-DL

Pinder
03-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Prizes: One card from your deck purchased and signed
"SCG Winter Legacy Tournament 07
Champion
-TurbulentDirge"

So, I'm reading that as 'Signed FNM Crystalline Sliver', okay? :tongue:

Rood
03-16-2007, 12:09 AM
As the steam is headin now, I've almost locked up a spot in T8

Caboose
03-16-2007, 05:40 AM
Can you sign it:

"Mr. Nightmare <3's teh champion Caboose"

Because I play Thresh, and a Mongrel signed by some dude I don't know is sorta meh. But I will be entering nonetheless. :tongue: