PDA

View Full Version : March 2007 B&R

Nightmare
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
No changes to any relevant formats. No surprise.

Peter_Rotten
03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I hate when I fall for threads like this.

"Late-Breaking News: Everything is the same!"

Machinus
03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
What is the source on this?

[EDIT: Never mind. I checked it like 30 minutes ago and it wasn't up. Obviously I'm supposed to check after 1 PM.]

AnwarA101
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Here is the link -

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20070301a

MasterBlaster
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I haven't played in like a year. Is anything in need of a banning/unbanning in this format?

AnwarA101
03-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I haven't played in like a year. Is anything in need of a banning/unbanning in this format?

Phyrexian Negator, I heard this guy is out of control!

Tacosnape
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Phyrexian Negator, I heard this guy is out of control!

Or Dark Ritual. Or they should at least restrict it to a reasonable number allowed in a deck, like, four. We think you run 9.

AnwarA101
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Or Dark Ritual. Or they should at least restrict it to a reasonable number allowed in a deck, like, four. We think you run 9.

Sheesh guys! I play 4 of them and I draw like 2 or 3 I don't see what's the problem. I mean it is card disadvantage. Did I mention I got deck checked at Table 1 before playing against Bennet Toms?

herbig
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Meloku needs to be banned. I heard that chick is savage.

Ta Jugs
03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Why would they even look at the banned list for legacy. When will you guys realize they don't care about this shitty format.

Di
03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Why would they even look at the banned list for legacy. When will you guys realize they don't care about this shitty format.

Maybe they just don't care for that sunny attitude like the one you're displaying? I sure as hell don't.

Ta Jugs
03-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Maybe they just don't care for that sunny attitude like the one you're displaying? I sure as hell don't.
Could be, but I am pretty sure they don't care about the format.

calosso
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Finally, someone who understands.

overlord95
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
That kinda attidute sure as hell wont help Wizards pay more attention to us now will it.

AnwarA101
03-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Could be, but I am pretty sure they don't care about the format.

Would they bother to plan a GP for a format they don't care about?

Ta Jugs
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Would they bother to plan a GP for a format they don't care about?You got me.

troopatroop
03-01-2007, 06:52 PM
You got me maybe I should'nt post my opinions about Legacy on a completely legacy based site bad idea.

Maybe you should take the gigantic fist out of your Vagina, Howsabout that?

Bryant Cook
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM
You look like a Backstreet boy, shut up.

Calosso, how many times must people say this, your opinion and/or view doesn't matter.

I'm glad they didn't ban anything, because if they ban LED I will punch babies.

Tacosnape
03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Sheesh guys! I play 4 of them and I draw like 2 or 3 I don't see what's the problem. I mean it is card disadvantage. Did I mention I got deck checked at Table 1 before playing against Bennet Toms?

Maybe you just run sleeves with fingerprint holographic technology that when you rub your thumb a certain way on them, the clear part in front changes to look like a Dark Ritual.:cool:

We're mostly all just jealous and in awe of your ridiculous draws. We're not accusing you of cheating or taking anything away from your skill. It's just fun to needle you relentlessly about your tendency to draw Dark Rituals.

For instance, they've talked about banning Darksteel Colossus out of fear that you, on the opening hand, might go Swamp/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Colossus.:tongue:

Bryant Cook
03-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Maybe you just run sleeves with fingerprint holographic technology that when you rub your thumb a certain way on them, the clear part in front changes to look like a Dark Ritual.:cool:

We're mostly all just jealous and in awe of your ridiculous draws. We're not accusing you of cheating or taking anything away from your skill. It's just fun to needle you relentlessly about your tendency to draw Dark Rituals.

For instance, they've talked about banning Darksteel Colossus out of fear that you, on the opening hand, might go Swamp/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Ritual/Colossus.:tongue:

He'd need an another mana. Don't worry he'll also have the Simian Spirit Guide.

Pinder
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
He'd need an another mana. Don't worry he'll also have the Simian Spirit Guide.

Um, no?
1 Ritual: 3 mana
2 Rituals: 3-1+3 = 5 mana
3 Rituals: 5-1+3 = 7 mana
4 Rituals: 7-1+3= 9 mana
The legendary 5th ritual: 9-1+3 = 11 mana

Unless of course you were talking about him actually doing it legally, wherein the fifth ritual would have to be of the Cabal variety, and you'd be right. Unless he found some way to get Threshold.

Slay
03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Would they bother to plan a GP for a format they don't care about?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Xero
03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How much "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" does a Legacy GP make Wizards?

I think the people here know Legacy doesn't get much support from Wizard's. We just don't all whine like little bitches about it.

Anarky87
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Unless he found some way to get Threshold.

Um hello? Did you not see him make the impossible possible with Rituals? Getting threshold would be like his water to wine.

freakish777
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Psssh... 5 Rituals... pansies. This format needs more Tinker action.

Lego
03-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Um hello? Did you not see him make the impossible possible with Rituals? Getting threshold would be like his water to wine.

Anwar actually starts the game with Threshold. He's Michael Herbig's father.

Tacosnape
03-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Anwar actually starts the game with Threshold.

This is true. In fact, if you Crypt Anwar, he -still- has Threshold.

The only reason Anwar doesn't pick up Threshold the deck is that his opening hand usually consists of Tropical Island, Brainstorm, Nimble Mongoose, and four Dark Rituals.

Firebrothers
03-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Anwar actually starts the game with Threshold. He's Michael Herbig's father.

Another man imortalized by the source members.

I heard Anwar doesn't even need a ritual to play a first turn Negator, he is that good.

parallax
03-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Does MaRo's statement here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/af160) that Wizards is going to be looking into taking cards off the Vintage and Legacy lists on June 1 change anyone's attitude?

Or do they still not care about the format?

Nightmare
03-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Does MaRo's statement here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/af160) that Wizards is going to be looking into taking cards off the Vintage and Legacy lists on June 1 change anyone's attitude?

Or do they still not care about the format?MaRo? You mean Aaron Forsythe?

Peter_Rotten
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
He'd need an another mana...

No. You'd need another mana, but Anwar sure as fuck wouldn't.

Peter_Rotten
03-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Here's the relevent info:

I've been getting some mail - and reading some articles - regarding taking cards off of the Vintage and Legacy B&R Lists. A surge of such requests says two things to me: There isn't anything wrong with those formats right now, so players turn their eyes on less critical issues, and some of the cards probably can come off.

We didn't have time to take the long, hard look at the lists that would preface the removal of cards from it this time around, but we plan on doing so before the June 1 announcement. If you have any opinions and/or data on what you think could come off the B&R Lists, feel free to drop me a line. Perhaps I'll write another article covering the suggestions like I did back in '03.

Cait_Sith
03-02-2007, 10:28 AM
This is a "What If" week article (WORST WEEK EVER... Not really but it was bad) so I don't know how seriously we can take it at the moment. I think it would be easier for Wizard's to print a card that says "Warp target format"

Aggro_zombies
03-02-2007, 12:33 PM
This is a "What If" week article (WORST WEEK EVER... Not really but it was bad) so I don't know how seriously we can take it at the moment. I think it would be easier for Wizard's to print a card that says "Warp target format"
Skullclamp.

So, how many people have been doing testing with cards on the B/R list? Now would be the time to send in results to Wizards and petition for getting some cards off. What are the most innocuous cards on the B/R right now anyway?

Personally, I'm hoping they unban Mind's Desire. Blue sorcery-speed High Tide deck ftw.

scrumdogg
03-02-2007, 12:46 PM
WWAD? (What Would Anwar Do?) Dumbasses speculating on unbannings....way too early & all y'all have to do is ask the Oracle..I mean Anwar. Of course, he won't answer, because we aren't worthy (that is not an invitation to any idiot with a keyboard btw - that means you Calosso, Elventitz, Vacon, & Ta Jugs...).