PDA

View Full Version : Split cards

Mulletus
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Ok i think i know the answer but i wanted to make sure. If i have a split card in hand or graveyard, and some other card or affect need to know the number of card types in that field. LIke the number of sorceries or instants. Can the one card count as two sorceries, two instants, or one of each. I mainly want to know how it will work with Magnavore. But I think Blood Oath and other 'Vores have a similar query.

parallax
03-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Each split card counts as one card.

Locutus
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
A split card is just one card, even if it may have two spells on it. A split card doesn't count as two cards for threshold, nor as two sorcery cards for Magnivore or Blood Oath, because they look for sorcery cards, and it definitly is just one card, not two.

Raider Bob
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Why when you flip a split card over with 'Bob' do you add both sides of the card for the converted mana cost? Or is this because it is one spell? If Mana Drain was legal would you get the side you cast or the whole converted cost off the spell? Flip cards are silly.

parallax
03-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Why when you flip a split card over with 'Bob' do you add both sides of the card for the converted mana cost? Or is this because it is one spell? If Mana Drain was legal would you get the side you cast or the whole converted cost off the spell? Flip cards are silly.

When you flip a card over with Bob, Bob asks, "What is the converted mana cost of this card?". If you flipped over a split card, such as Boom // Bust, the answer is "2 and 6". Then, you lose 2 life and 6 life, resulting in 8 life loss. Note that the converted mana cost of Boom // Bust is "2 and 6", not "8". The only time the converted mana cost of Boom // Bust is not "2 and 6" is when it is on the stack. When a split card is on the stack, it has only the converted mana cost of the side being played. So if you Mana Drain Boom, you add 2 colorless mana to your mana pool, and if you Drain Bust, you add 6 mana.

And flip cards, such as Erayo, Soratami Ascendant, are another thing altogether. :smile: