PDA

View Full Version : Top 8 TMLO 2 Day 2

Ta Jugs
03-06-2007, 04:04 PM
So I got to the tounament right and then I'm like oh shit I forgot to build a deck mainly because I have no legacy cards but I can borrow some. Thankfully Dave Gearheart informed me that he had goblins build so I gladly accepted it. I have never played it before but I ran it. After a few changes I came up with this.

4x Rishidan Port
4x Wasteland
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Bloodstaine Mire
5x Mountain
2x Taiga
4x Goblin Warchief
4x Goblin Piledriver
4x Goblin Lackey
4x Goblin Ringleader
4x Gblin Matron
3x Mogg Fanatic
3x Gempalm Incinerator
3x Seige Gang Commander
1x Tin Street Hooligan
4x Aether Vial
3x Pyrokinesis

Sideboard
3x Umenzawa's Jitte
4x Chalice of the Void
4x Krosan Grip
4x Pyrostatic Pillar

I added maindeck pyrokinesis because my good friend Jeff Folinus has had much success with it. I also wanted to add tranquil domain but I could'nt find them in to so I ran this. Guess who I had to play round 1....

Jeff Folinus playing goblins/w
Game 1: Game 1 was a mess the entire game we were matroning for ringleaders and kept on whiffing. Eventually I got one that hit and procceded to win the game.
Game 2: He has an aether vial that I have to fight through without one of my own on top of two pyrokinesis. I lose this one.
Game 3: This game basically came down to us mana fighting each other until he found a vial and I did'nt. Eventually he got 3 online and I had nothing. I lose and he ends the game with no lands in play.

I lose 1-2

Random guy playng goblins.
Game 1: He kept a one land nonbasic land hand with only lackey. I waste his land and he has no gas.
Game 2: I lackey into seige gang into 2x piledriver I win.

I win 2-0

Allan playing U/B landstill
Game 1: I have ports and such to keep him off mana until he has to deal with a lackey. My turn rolls around and I play vial it resolves so I know he must have no counterspell. I attack with my one lackey into his 2x factories. He animates 1 and I tap it in response. In response to port he animates his other factory(summoning sick) and pumps it with the factory I targeted with port. In response I pyrokinesis both of his factories away and lackey in seige gang. He never sees another land.
Game 2: I keep a one land wasteland vial hand and my vial resolved. I easily win the game when I waste one of his lands and he never gets past land 2.

I win 2-0

David playing solidarity
Game 1: I have nothing in this matchup so I lose game 1.
Game 2: I get a chalice to stick. Eventually he tries to go off and whiffs!! I was shocked I thought I had lost the game.
Game 3: I get a pyrostatic pillar to stick along with pressure and he missed landrop 4. I win

I win 2-1

Zach Tartell
Thank God I got downpaired as I cannot win this matchup at me 3-1 and him 4-0 I gladly accept his offer to draw.

Jon playing red death.
We ask Dave Gearheart to do his math and we find out the winner of this matchup makes top 8. After we get deck checked we sit down for an intense game.
Game 1: He has to mulligan to five and gets mana screwed. I wastelanded his turn 1 badlands and he misses landrop 2. He eventually sees some more land and can do things but by thet point am way too far ahead for him to catch up.
Game 2: We both keep our opening 7. He plays land go and play land vial go. He plays like a rotting giant and says go. My turn 2 play was 2x vial go. He has engineerd plague to slow me down. Once I get 3 vials online he plays ritual into jitte and attacks. I have endstep matron for hooligan and he finishes off my piledriver and gains 2. He starts playng just discards spells and suddenly I have an advantage. I hit ringleader into 2x seige gang warchief and X. He takes takes a ton from all of my 1/1s and when he hits a shade I pyrokinesis it away. I finish him off with 4 goblins to the face.

Final record 4-1-1

Top Eight

Zach Tartell enchantress
God Damn it this is my worst possible matchup in the top 8 as I am playing grip in the board instead of domain.
Game 1: He gets all of the enchantess engines going and i need to take a wicked piss so I don't bother playing it out.
Game 2: I have a fast start but he slowly but surely stabalizes with confinement. The next turn if I draw green I can grip his enchantment and swing in for the win but I wiff. Next turn he has 2 sterling grove and squee to fuel confinement.

Fun times and it was good to see everybody again thanks for reading.

Zach Tartell
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Acceptable. I wish you didn't mention the domains, though. I might switch to TES for a couple tournies, so the heat dies down on enchantress. Good games dude.

"Can you hurry up and kill me? 'Cause I gotta take a wicked yes."

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice job Cody Banks. I guess Team Run It isn't so shitty after all. :laugh:

URABAHN
03-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Gratties on the win! I plan on stomping you next time with 4 Maindeck Engineered Plague!

Ta Jugs
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Nice job Cody Banks. I guess Team Run It isn't so shitty after all. :laugh:

Well you still are shitty HAHA take THAT!!!!!!!!!

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Well you still are shitty HAHA take THAT!!!!!!!!!

LOLZ. Good one. I am so hurt. When are we going to play dress up again!? :eek:

Ta Jugs
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
LOLZ. Good one. I am so hurt. When are we going to play dress up again!? :eek:

When I come over to your house and dress up yo mamma.

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds good, just give me a call! :smile:

legacyplayer0
03-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Sounds good, just give me a call! :smile:

Is that supposed to be some kind of wierd reverse psychology, or just an awful comeback?

Di
03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT!

Sorry I had to. GJ top8 though. I heard you played EATS! Day 1. How'd you end up doing? Scrub out? I'm curious.

Ta Jugs
03-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT!

Sorry I had to. GJ top8 though. I heard you played EATS! Day 1. How'd you end up doing? Scrub out? I'm curious.

No actually I played Bryant for the top 8 I believe(because the next round one of us could just draw in) and I went 3-2. I like the way your deck plays a lot the only problems I had all day were associated with the mana base. And by the way.......................

BACKSTREET IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di
03-09-2007, 04:22 PM
No actually I played Bryant for the top 8 I believe(because the next round one of us could just draw in) and I went 3-2. I like the way your deck plays a lot the only problems I had all day were associated with the mana base. And by the way.......................

Specifically what was the issue? If you can provide some good feedback go post it in the EATS! thread because I'm also looking to improve the manabase, but I'd like to get some outside criticisms first. It's good to see though that you didn't scrub out.