PDA

View Full Version : tangle wire

Radley
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Tangle wire

Fading 4 (This artifact comes into play with four fade counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fade counter from it. If you can't, sacrifice it.)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player taps an untapped artifact, creature, or land he or she controls for each fade counter on Tangle Wire.

If you tap tangle wire for it's ability, does it lose it's ability then your opponent don't have to tap a thing? Like static orb and opposition combo?

Ta Jugs
03-15-2007, 04:56 PM
No there are only like 4 artifacts that do that.

Radley
03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. I just wasn't clear about how it was effective if it will just tap and won't work :laugh:

Locutus
03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Static orb specifically says "If Static Orb is untapped, ...". Tangle Wire does not, so it doesn't care about being tapped or not. The old rule that artifacts are 'shut down' when they are tapped is long gone.

Radley
03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Static orb specifically says "If Static Orb is untapped, ...". Tangle Wire does not, so it doesn't care about being tapped or not. The old rule that artifacts are 'shut down' when they are tapped is long gone.

I didn't know that was gone :eek: I guess what gatherer says is correct. If it doesn't say anything about being tapped, then that's all.

f|i[p]
03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
regarding tangle wire.. I was actually trying to look for some answeres to my question...

Does Ancient tomb or City of brass deal damage to you when it is tapped by tangle wire?

Im assuming it does not, since It doesnt produce the mana,thus creating the damage effect... So the the actual effect of tapping it is incomplete.

Thanks in advance

xsockmonkeyx
03-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Ancient Tomb will not deal damage when forced to tap.

City of Brass will deal damage. City has "whenever (this) is tapped it deals one damage to you" because it was printed a million years ago and they never bothered to fix it.

Braves54321
03-24-2007, 10:42 AM
We're done here. Locked.