PDA

View Full Version : Tourney in Flint, MI April 7

cupajoe
03-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Type: Legacy (of course)

Cost: $10

Where: Adventurer's Guildhouse in Flint Township

Directions: Take I-75 to Corunna Road exit.....Go east off of the exit, and it will be on the north side of the street, in the same plaza as a Kroger grocery store and a Hardee's

When: Starts at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 7

Prize breakdown: Store credit, probably a 60, 30, 10 percentage breakdown for the Top 3

The store owner is trying to have these monthly and see what kind of turnout he gets....The store has a lot more product and it's overall in better shape than when it first opened....

emidln
03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
When I leave Michigan, tourneys pop up in my old backyard. Excellent.

Caboose
03-18-2007, 08:17 PM
How far is Flint from Columbus, OH? I've gone to Garden City before, but I can't go much farther...

cupajoe
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
According to mapquest, it's about 45 mins longer to Flint, without putting in specific addresses

One benefit to the Flint store is that it's smack dab next to I-75, while the Garden City store is a bit longer of a drive off of the highway

But the Garden City store is much more established, although the Flint store has improved quite a bit in recent months.....

Hope that helps....

umbowta
03-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey Caboose, there's this website called Mapquest that you should become aquainted with. Flint isn't much farther for you at all and Adventurers Guildhouse is literally right of the freeway.

@cupajoe, you can pretty much count me in for this one. I'll try to make sure the local teams are informed. This kind of takes the responsibility off of me for scheduling an April event (outside of a GPT anyway) at Pandemonium.

Caboose
03-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Hey Caboose, there's this website called Mapquest that you should become aquainted with.

I'm lazy and unfamiliar with the worst state in the Union...

EDIT: If I can stay with someone that night, I will go, because I don't know if I'll wanna drive 3.5 hours back home so late.

emidln
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
If you take 75/23 North to where they converge, this is off 23 N Exit 118 (Coruuna Rd) about a mile past I-69. You'll go up a u-ramp to a light. Turn right at the light and make an immediate right into the Kroger parking lot. Adventurer's Guildhouse is about halfway down the strip mall.

umbowta
03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
If I can stay with someone that night, I will go, because I don't know if I'll wanna drive 3.5 hours back home so late.No problem man. I'll come pick you up too...in the same car you picked up Freakish. LOL, you're such a tool.

Caboose
03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
If you mean that time some guy was trying to get me to be his personal slave for a tournament I wasn't even attending (because I had to work), then you would be wrong to hate me for not accomodating him. I didn't even receive his last message until the next day, so I figured Menendian or someone hooked him up instead.

let me crash at your place Saturday night, take me to the store Sunday morning, and possibly pick me up from the store Sunday night (and subsequently to the bus station very early Monday morning)...

Fuck that. I'm nice, but I'm not going to lose my job and keep a stranger at my house for 3 days.

I'll just get a hotel in Flint, if I can stand being in Michigan for more than 12 hours.

umbowta
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
If you mean that time I tricked some guy into thinking I would to be his personal slave for a tournament I wasn't even attending (because I had to work), then you should think less of me for not accomodating him. I didn't even answer his last message until the next day, so I figure Menendian or someone hooked him up instead.

You're actually going to let me crash at your place Saturday night, take me to the store Sunday morning, and possibly pick me up from the store Sunday night (and subsequently to the bus station very early Monday morning)...

Fuck that. I never intended to keep a stranger at my house for 3 days.

I'll just get a hotel in Flint, if I can stand being in Michigan for more than 12 hours.Edited for truth. I don't even know the guy and yet I am disappointed by what went down. I don't hate you, Caboose. I just think you owe someone an apology. I guess I'm kind of enjoying the opportunity to mess with an Ohio State fan too.

Caboose
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Edited for truth. I don't even know the guy and yet I am disappointed by what went down. I don't hate you, Caboose. I just think you owe someone an apology. I guess I'm kind of enjoying the opportunity to mess with an Ohio State fan too.

Assumptions for the loss, amirite?

cupajoe
04-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Just checking to see how many folks are coming to this

Remember, the store is EAST off of 75, and NORTH off of Corunna Road