PDA

View Full Version : Boom // Bust

Mulletus
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Destroy target land you control and target land you don't control.
//
Destroy all lands.

I am prolly wrong again, but can I name my targets then respond to my spell by saccing my land (to something else) and still have the land I dont control be destroyed.

For example: I cast boom.... target my Terramorphic Expanse, and their Plains.... Respond to the spell by searching for basic land with said Terramorphic Expanse.... does my spell fissle or really get cooler.

Tacosnape
03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Destroy target land you control and target land you don't control.
//
Destroy all lands.

I am prolly wrong again, but can I name my targets then respond to my spell by saccing my land (to something else) and still have the land I dont control be destroyed.

For example: I cast boom.... target my Terramorphic Expanse, and their Plains.... Respond to the spell by searching for basic land with said Terramorphic Expanse.... does my spell fissle or really get cooler.

Whoa. That's an awesome idea.

Indeed, as your spell still had a single legal target (The opponent's land), Boom would resolve as normal.

Phantom
03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
So with any kind of fetch out, this thing is a less mana restrictive red sinkhole that has an overcosted geddon on it?

Does it work the same way w/ Wasteland?

:gets Goblin deck out:

Windux
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, also with Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, Crystal Vain, Fetchlands etc...

parallax
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
In the case of Crystal Vein or Invasion sac-lands, you can even use the land you're targeting to pay for Boom.

Nightmare
03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
In the case of Crystal Vein or Invasion sac-lands, you can even use the land you're targeting to pay for Boom.Don't you choose targets after paying all costs for the spell? Honestly, cause I can't remember - If I'm wrong, please quote the Comp Rule.

Taurelin
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Don't you choose targets after paying all costs for the spell? Honestly, cause I can't remember - If I'm wrong, please quote the Comp Rule.

Err, no.

409. Playing Spells and Activated Abilities

409.1. Playing a spell or activated ability follows the steps listed below, in order. [...]

409.1c If the spell or ability requires any targets, the player first announces how many targets he or she will choose (if the spell or ability has a variable number of targets), then announces the targets themselves. [...]

409.1h The player pays the total cost in any order.

Nightmare
03-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Word. That's what I was looking for.

C.P.
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Another Question:

Does this mean a play like

You have a mountain and fetch.
You anounce Boom // Bust, targeting fetch and one of their land.
You crack the land and get a land and pay 1R.

is possible? on turn 2?

Just wanted to make sure.

Ewokslayer
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
No that doesn't work
During the announcement of a spell only mana abilities can be used.
A fetch land activation is not a mana ability.

C.P.
03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
No that doesn't work
During the announcement of a spell only mana abilities can be used.
A fetch land activation is not a mana ability.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Machinus
03-22-2007, 12:50 PM
From Brian's definition this would work with Gemstone Mine, for example.

Radley
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, if you target darksteel citadel or flagstones of trokair, you don't need 3 lands for it to be effective.

Pinder
03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
True. If you target Darksteel Citadel with Boom/Bust, you can use it to pay for it and it still won't die.

Tacosnape
03-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, if you target darksteel citadel or flagstones of trokair, you don't need 3 lands for it to be effective.

Because, you know, Ravager Affinity and Angel Stax have just been dying for this card.