PDA

View Full Version : [Announcement] Monster Den Tournament on 3/31

Xero
03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Since no one else is posting this, here it is:

http://www.dreamersgames.com/Events.aspx

Top 4 prizes are 4X Force of will, 4X Sinkhole, 4X Bayou, and a Beta Taiga. Look for ICBE to dominate the top slots :smile:

Citrus-God
03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Since no one else is posting this, here it is:

http://http://www.dreamersgames.com/Events.aspx

Top 4 prizes are 4X Force of will, 4X Sinkhole, 4X Bayou, and a Beta Taiga. Look for ICBE to dominate the top slots :smile:

I call dibs on the FoWs. Expect me and most of ICBE in the Top 8. We're so gonna dominate this thang!

beezy
03-23-2007, 12:16 PM
I might have to go home and go to this tournament. Make it an all day thing with legacy in the afternoon and draft at night.

Kyachi
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I honestly need the taiga... which is lame. Maybe if we all can get top 4 we can just divvy up the stuff we need and call it a day after a rave party by the 360's? All in favor?

Atwa
03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I agree, send me the last bayou I still miss :)

swishandamiss
03-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I was gonna post this :(, well i will probably be there

gustoh
03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm just going to show up and beat luke... then i'll leave

LT...

tpnp
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I might be showing up, all depends if I get scheduled at work or not. Unfortunately, that has to wait until tomorrow...

Citrus-God
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I honestly need the taiga... which is lame. Maybe if we all can get top 4 we can just divvy up the stuff we need and call it a day after a rave party by the 360's? All in favor?

Sweet! That rave party sounds hawt! ... you cant really have a party without DDR!

@Atwa: I'll get you that Bayou! I need a Bayou, Taiga, and the last two can be anything. I'd prefer if those last two cards are FoWs.

beezy
03-28-2007, 02:06 PM
How many people usually show up there for legacy? I have only done a few random drafts there.

Citrus-God
03-28-2007, 05:54 PM
How many people usually show up there for legacy? I have only done a few random drafts there.

Around 46 people. We'd have more it this was Shinders though.... damn you for not organizing any more tournaments atm!!!!!!

lukatron2
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm just going to show up and beat luke... then i'll leave

LT...

whatever Lenny, thats why I whooped up on your Fish build yesterday...hahah ;p

ohh ps Melvin...I NEED that taiga more than anyone there dude!...hahah...I run 3 in my zoo deck and only 2 of them are fbb...ohh yea, should I trade a regular trop and a foil extripate for Clevelands FBB Tropical Island?...

gustoh
03-29-2007, 08:54 PM
whatever Lenny, thats why I whooped up on your Fish build yesterday...hahah ;p

ohh ps Melvin...I NEED that taiga more than anyone there dude!...hahah...I run 3 in my zoo deck and only 2 of them are fbb...ohh yea, should I trade a regular trop and a foil extripate for Clevelands FBB Tropical Island?...

who got paired down and then lost to some dude who hasn't played magic in like 4 months...?

LT...

Citrus-God
03-30-2007, 03:25 AM
who got paired down and then lost to some dude who hasn't played magic in like 4 months...?

LT...

This is soo a feature match. If I get my round done early, I'm gonna record your Game 3 if it ever get's there... that's where all the epic moments pop in! All I wanna see are come backs, and 1-for-1 attrition wars.

Xero
03-30-2007, 12:42 PM
One day away. I just noticed the link was broken, but it's fixed now.

Atwa
03-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Good luck guys, make me proud!

Xero
03-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Some retarded guy yelled at my first bus driver for 10 minutes, so I missed my second bus :mad: I failed you atwa :cry:

Citrus-God
03-31-2007, 10:57 PM

I'm sorry Atwa... :cry:

I went undefeated for 3 rounds, lost to Jake, drew with RGSA, and got whooped by 43 Land in the 6th round... I would've made Top 8 if I played it out and won against RGSA on the round 5. I thought I did well though, considering I made Top 16, and knowing if I didnt crash into randomness like 43 Land, I knew I would've dominated. I got 14th place with 3-1-2. I made Top 16 at least...

So you guys want an actual blog? You know, the kind with the, "I'm Daniel Negreanu, not only will I share my Poker life with you all, you also get learn about my personal life." So how does that sound? I say that'd be awesome...

I slept over with a friend of mine named Michael over at his house. Alec said I couldnt sleepover because of stuff, but that didnt stop me. So I asked Michael if I could sleep over, and he said it's fine with him.

While with my stay over at Michael's. we played GTA: San Andreas, listened to Modest Mouse, dicked around, and later it led into a personal philosophical, meaningful conversations about the life, girls (relationships), religion, and music (that really counts consideirng I love Rachel Loy, and he loves Modest Mouse, it all works out really well for some reason)...

We got up at 11, and we walked over to Alec's. Later, he said he was gonna go hangout with Nathaniel, and me and Alec (or 'Alec and I' if you want me to be proper) had to leave to this shazy thang here...

We got there, and my first round was against Hanni Fish. Not a good look for me at the moment, but my confidence in Post-Board also gave me confidence Game 1 as well. It's amazing how far the distance can go with confidence and ego.

As for the deck...

// Parachute Boy (named after Mystic Enforcer, also a song by Rachel Loy)
// Lands 17
3 Windswept Heath
4 Flooded Strand
4 Tundra
3 Tropical Island
1 Forest
2 Island

// Creatures 10
4 Nimble Mongoose
4 Werebear
2 Mystic Enforcer

// Spells 33
4 Brainstorm
3 Serum Visions
3 Portent
4 Predict
2 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Daze
3 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Pithing Needle

// Sideboard 15
1 Mystic Enforcer
1 Sensei's Divining Top
3 Counterbalance
3 Engineered Explosives
3 Stifle
4 Hydroblast

Round 1: Hanni Fish

Game 1:
I got a first turn Top out, and he played Serum Visions. Later, he played Confidant which got Swords'd, and we went over a counterwar for it, in which I won. Later, he played a Serra Avenger which went the distance, and he Swords'd every Werebear I played. I chained with Predicts with the help of Top and the board ended up with on him 2 Moms, Serra Avenger, and a Jotun Grunt, meanwhile I had 2 Geese, a Bear, a Needle on Mom, an SDT, and an Enforcer. I Swords'd the Jotun Grunt, and I bashed him to oblivion with my Enforcers, and the rest of my men.

PB:
-1 Counterspell
-1 Daze
-1 Serum Visions
-1 Portent
-1 Forest
-3 Pithing Needle

+3 Counterbalance
+1 Sensei's Divining Top
+1 Mystic Enforcer
+3 Engineered Explosives

Game 2:
I got 1st turn SDT again, and he played MM after MM, which put me into displeasure, so I swords 1 copy after 1 copy. I later played an EE for 2 taking out Avenger and Jitte, and he EEed for 1 taking out his Mom and my 2 Geese.
I won the arrition war when I played a Counterbalance and a Werebear.

hot.... I beat a bad match up. I soo happy right now at this point, I bought a Dr. Pepper...

Round 2: Monoblack Discard

Game 1:
He went first turn Dark Rit, Dark Rit, Hymn, Hippy. I Swords'd the Hippy, played a Goose, and went insane on him. He played Confidant, it gets answered. I beat him down with a Goose, a Bear, and later Enforcer came to join the fun...

Game 2:
I lost because I didnt realize he ran stupid cards like Ensnaring Bridge... I also didnt side EE against him.

Game 3:
I whooped with with Enforcer.

Round 3: Derek w/ White Rock

He plays at Maplewood Shinders. I know him, and he loves playing The Rock. I beat Jeremy, so I'm confident I can beat him.

Game 1:
Once again, I get an SDT active at early, and we traded threats like crazy. I later played a Needle on Stronghold which gave him card quality, and then won via Enforcer.

PB:
-1 Forest
-1 Counterspell
-3 Daze

+1 Enforcer
+1 SDT
+3 Counterbalance

Game 2:
I won pulling off the great way to get info on his hand ever, that or he doesnt run Deeds in the SB. I made it sound like I was being retarded intentionally, but I wanted to know what was in his hand (or deck for that matter).

He played Therapy, and I BSed into a hand of

Counterbalance
Counterbalance
Force of Will
Swords to Plowshares
Swords to Plowshares
Pithing Needle
Land
Land

I put a Counterbalance and a Swords back, due to the fact that the net value he'll get is probably 0-2 cards from here. Before he calls with Therapy, I dropped my hand and screamed;

Me: Go for it!
Him: I didnt even call yet...
Me: Dammit....
Him: I feel bad for doing this...
Me: It was my mistake, just do it.
Him: Counterbalance
Me: Ok *puts Counterbalance from hand to grave.
Him: Swords to Plowshares (or FoW, I dont remember) *Sacs Wall and flashes back Therapy

What did I get out of this? I get information that he doesnt have a Deed in his hand. How awesome is that, otherwise he would've taken Needle.
I proceeded to pound him with an Enforcer, and a wall of Geese and a lone Bear.

Round 4: Jake w/ Goblins
We talked about a draw, but was like, w/e. He'd rather play it out, and I knew I would've gotten pound... *sigh

Game 1:
He won this game with a first turn Fanatic. He won the arrition war because he topdecked better than I did. He keeps throwing Swords at my Bear putting me in a bad spot every single time that happens...
Later, we're both topdecking, and bam! He has a resolved Ringleader...

-2 Counterspell
-2 Mystic Enforcer
-2 SDT
-1 Predict

+3 Stifle
+4 Hydroblast

Game 2;
Same thing, Swords to Plowshares in Goblins is genius!

Round 5:

IDed against RGSA... I should played it out if I hadnt known I would play against 43 Land...

Round 6: Pat McGregor w/ 43 Land... you know, he Top 8ed GP Philly with Thresh...

Game 1:
Bashed me with LftL and Monastery...

Game 2:
He got double Port and kept me form playing Counterbalance...

Well... awesome games. Me and Alec's friend Natalia, Michelle, and Robin came to visit us at the Den. They got Alec, and left. I decided to go, but I was like, nahh... I mean, I havent seen anybody there in like 2-3 weeks. I love my Mtg pals! Besides, I can see any of those people after school anyday of the friggin' week!

Good games though.

Props:

Lenny for Top 8ing with Lenny Fish and explaining T1 to me from his personal experience and in full detail.

Luke for giving me free Portents and letting me burrow his SDTs forever...

Alec for lending me cards, and for being a badass playtest partner.

Ray Peng: For trading me a textless Dis-E for a Ground Seal.

Jessie Hatfield for everything that has to do with this deck.

Happy Gilmore for everything that has to do with this deck.

EE for being amazing.

Antavia Parades for being my best friend, and I'm incredibly bias for putting her here....

Slops:

BEB: for making this a battle for attrition, not board dominance...

Me for running BEB over Chills. I learned my lesson...

Dru for not making it...

Derek for losing.

43 Land for even doing well in this tournament... I didnt wanna play against Pat...

CynicalSquirrel
03-31-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I get the award for most embarrassing loss, after being up 18-2 in life game three against a UWB Scepter deck with two 4/4s out against an empty board, and still finding a way to lose.

Citrus-God
03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I get the award for most embarrassing loss, after being up 18-2 in life game three against a UWB Scepter deck with two 4/4s out against an empty board, and still finding a way to lose.

Were you Aaron Perry? I thought it might be you considering he played RGSA. That, or your another RGSA player.

CynicalSquirrel
04-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Were you Aaron Perry? I thought it might be you considering he played RGSA. That, or your another RGSA player.
Nah, I was just another RGSA player.

Basically he just topdecked Vedalken Shackles, then I drew land or Birds like 6 turns in a row while he got another Shackles and Academy Ruins. :/

Citrus-God
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Nah, I was just another RGSA player.

Basically he just topdecked Vedalken Shackles, then I drew land or Birds like 6 turns in a row while he got another Shackles and Academy Ruins. :/

Sucks man, I mean Midgame decks suck against Scepter Chant....