PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Legacy - European Developments

hi-val
03-23-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/13901.html

New Kids On The Block had a bunch of hits, Chinese food makes me sick, I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer.

Cait_Sith
03-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Someone took Nourishing Lich to a Legacy tournament! And they took 6th place 0_o.

Silverdragon
03-23-2007, 09:02 AM
As has already been said in the SCG forums Nefarious Lich has no triggers so technically you are right in that the combo can also work like you said with Lich however that part was a bit confusing because the decklist you had didn't play the original Lich.
Oh and Overgrown Estate is in there because it can be fetched with Academy Rector for those few who didn't figure it out yet :)
Anyway once again a great article full of hot deck tech and ideas.

Happy Gilmore
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow, that Affinity deck has alot of inivation to it.

But with only 16 blue cards to support both FoW and Chrome Mox?

Citrus-God
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Wow, that Affinity deck as alot of inivation to it.

But with only 16 blue cards to support both FoW and Chrome Mox?

FoW could easily have been something else. This reminds me of that Ninja Affinity with Erayo in old T2. I should test it...

Eldariel
03-23-2007, 09:58 AM
FoW could easily have been something else. This reminds me of that Ninja Affinity with Erayo in old T2. I should test it...

It's an awesome deck though and the fact that FoW is free makes the turn 3 kills all that harder to deal with. That deck is actually darned close to Faerie Stompy in many ways, it accelerates its gameplan with arti lands and Tomb, it plays a few very big guys (esp. thanks to Arcbound and Plating) and keeps the opponent out of the game with Chalice and Force while swinging FTW. Basically just FS with different dudes and less Chalices (4 as opposed to 8). Definitely shores up the traditionally-horrible combo MU Affinity suffers of and gives the deck at least SOME ways to handle those Rods and such. But yea, I think 16 cards will support those just fine. If there's absolutely nothing else you can do, feel free to pitch FoW to Mox.

To me, that's the most reminiscent of Ninja Frogs, although it isn't that far from the Erayo-Ninja Affinity either.

Citrus-God
03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
It's an awesome deck though and the fact that FoW is free makes the turn 3 kills all that harder to deal with. That deck is actually darned close to Faerie Stompy in many ways, it accelerates its gameplan with arti lands and Tomb, it plays a few very big guys (esp. thanks to Arcbound and Plating) and keeps the opponent out of the game with Chalice and Force while swinging FTW. Basically just FS with different dudes and less Chalices (4 as opposed to 8). Definitely shores up the traditionally-horrible combo MU Affinity suffers of and gives the deck at least SOME ways to handle those Rods and such. But yea, I think 16 cards will support those just fine. If there's absolutely nothing else you can do, feel free to pitch FoW to Mox.

To me, that's the most reminiscent of Ninja Frogs, although it isn't that far from the Erayo-Ninja Affinity either.

I dunno. Erayo-Ninja Affinity had Erayo as a Prison/Cad Advantage piece, as well as Mana Leak to protect/stall. It seems that Chalice of the Void is doing that as well as well as FoW to serve the place of Mana Leak, so I guess it shares some elements.

Nihil Credo
03-23-2007, 10:46 AM
16 blue cards is the accepted minimum to play FoW. I'm not sure if it still works when you throw in the Mox, though. On the one side, it eats a blue spell every time; on the other, it can give you a use for FoW if you don't have a second blue card to pitch to it (or if you are unwilling to pitch it - say, a Tomb, Mox, Faeries opening).

Finn
03-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Doug, that was a really good and really informative read. Thank you for putting in the time and energy to research that stuff for us.

Bardo
03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Doug, that was a really good and really informative read. Thank you for putting in the time and energy to research that stuff for us.

Agreed. Nice read and a great idea for an article. Well done, Doug. :)

hi-val
03-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks, guys! I hope you can excuse it being a day late then...

And I'd play the AfFOWnity list over Faerie Stompy because your creatures and equipment look a lot better.

Firebrothers
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah I agree, nice article. It opened my eyes to the European meta and it was worth a day to wait for.

Tacosnape
03-23-2007, 02:03 PM
None of this makes these decks good. In fact, I haven't seen decks this janky-looking since I took 2nd in a 22 person tournament with a black green deck running Tempting Wurm, Bane of the Living, and the ever-unbeatable Dodecapod / Chain of Smog combo (Chain the opponent when you don't have board control, they bounce, you drop 1-2 Dodecapods and bounce again. GG.)

Also, the logic that a deck is good because it made top eight is flawed if not absurd. Almost any deck can top eight if it hits the right matchups, has good draws, or is piloted by a skilled player.

TorpidNinja
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
None of this makes these decks good. In fact, I haven't seen decks this janky-looking since I took 2nd in a 22 person tournament with a black green deck running Tempting Wurm, Bane of the Living, and the ever-unbeatable Dodecapod / Chain of Smog combo (Chain the opponent when you don't have board control, they bounce, you drop 1-2 Dodecapods and bounce again. GG.)

Also, the logic that a deck is good because it made top eight is flawed if not absurd. Almost any deck can top eight if it hits the right matchups, has good draws, or is piloted by a skilled player.
I know! I've won so many tourneys with 60Island.dec based on bluffing skill alone. They think I'm playing Solidarity and concede.

I'm not saying that to be incendiary but simply as a point that, especially in larger tournament scenes like the Affinity deck purports to have won, there's far more luck after making the top eight than before. Previous to the T8, it's an acid test (as I'm sure you already know, but it obviously varies from meta to meta.) In the meantime, it's alright to give these decks props for innovation and the accomplishments earned so far.

Di
03-23-2007, 02:32 PM

So, when a deck you create makes top8, we will know that it isn't really a good deck because it got lucky and made it into top8. Yeah, it's always about luck, especially in an 87-person event.

Slay
03-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow. I guess no one really does play combo over in Europe.

Xero
03-23-2007, 03:09 PM

What do you call the Lich deck?

Volt
03-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Kudos on a great article! I love that affownity build.

hi-val
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM

I provided links to the T8s that the lists were in because they illustrate that you are incorrect. Take a look at them, you'll see a variety of combo popping up-- High Tide, Ill-Gotten Gains, Aluren, even the fun Lich deck. There's certainly a lot of combo being played. I'd suggest further exploring the links I provided at the very end; they have numerous T8s and decklists and were invaluable in writing this article.

Tacosnape, honeybunny, don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel.

Slay
03-23-2007, 03:29 PM
What do you call the Lich deck?

Shitty.

edit:

I provided links to the T8s that the lists were in because they illustrate that you are incorrect. Take a look at them, you'll see a variety of combo popping up-- High Tide, Ill-Gotten Gains, Aluren, even the fun Lich deck. There's certainly a lot of combo being played. I'd suggest further exploring the links I provided at the very end; they have numerous T8s and decklists and were invaluable in writing this article.

I meant fast, resilient storm combo. I'm not ripping on the Europe metagame I'm pointing out that all of those decks would do pretty poor against combo.

edit2: I just looked over the decks. And no, you're wrong, when Stompy takes 4th place there's no way there's a significant good-players-playing-combo presence

hi-val
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
You can then use the information as you wish. If you'd like to dismiss the results out of hand as a symptom of a lack of combo, then feel free to. These are actual metagames with actual tournaments that exist outside of internet forums and the minds of posters. You're free to take the results as you wish, but, for example, dismissing Levy's back-to-back GP wins with GMGT because there was no TEPS in the top 8 seems foolish to me.

Chacun sa route.

Anusien
03-23-2007, 04:03 PM
edit2: I just looked over the decks. And no, you're wrong, when Stompy takes 4th place there's no way there's a significant good-players-playing-combo presence

These statements need to be reconciled. Somehow, aggro decks are proof that there are no combo decks, even though at the same time the supposedly bad decks doing well is because any deck can do well with the right matchups. You cannot simultaneously accept both these statements.

I'm especially loving the criticism that the deck with Force of Will and Chalice of the Void is supposedly proof that there is no combo over in Europe. I think it's more likely the combo is hated out. Almost every T8 I've seen includes a large portion of Force of Will-packing aggro-control decks. Considering the outbreak of Threshold at GP: Lille, I find it more likely that there is a high occurence of aggro-control decks that hate a lot of the combo decks out of the T8.

Eldariel
03-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks, guys! I hope you can excuse it being a day late then...

And I'd play the AfFOWnity list over Faerie Stompy because your creatures and equipment look a lot better.

Mmm, FS does have its sides too though. It has bigger flyers, more mana, more equipment, better blue-consistency for FoW and Mox, 12 cards that allow dropping Chalice at 1 turn 1 as opposed to 8, more Chalices and silverbullets, more consistent manabase, lesser reliance on artifacts (most importantly, no artifact creatures usually so white opponent doesn't get 8 StPs postboard), more creature removal and more potent equipment.

AfFoWnity does have lots of merit too though, it has cheaper creatures on average (often even free), an awesome draw-spell (seriously, Thoughtcast is touted way too little. U for 2 cards is nuts), lesser reliance on coloured mana, Arcbound Ravager (the one creature I'd really love to be able to support in FS, but not enough artifacts and artifact creatures for it to be good. It's still as good as ever), additional uses for excess Chalices and Moxes (Affinity-enablers) and more aggressive equipment.

I think there're enough differences to really make both worth playing. I'd obviously choose FS for obvious reasons for a random tournament, but I'm definitely giving AfFoWnity a try. Helps that it doesn't pack $20 cards besides FoWs (I mean, I own Sea Drakes, but I'm in the minority in that regard).

Slay
03-23-2007, 04:25 PM
These statements need to be reconciled. Somehow, aggro decks are proof that there are no combo decks, even though at the same time the supposedly bad decks doing well is because any deck can do well with the right matchups. You cannot simultaneously accept both these statements.

I'm especially loving the criticism that the deck with Force of Will and Chalice of the Void is supposedly proof that there is no combo over in Europe. I think it's more likely the combo is hated out. Almost every T8 I've seen includes a large portion of Force of Will-packing aggro-control decks. Considering the outbreak of Threshold at GP: Lille, I find it more likely that there is a high occurence of aggro-control decks that hate a lot of the combo decks out of the T8.

Take my statement as symptomatic. I look at that metagame and see decklists with 8-12 anti-aggro cards, a slow clock, and some counters and maybe meddling mages. In the sideboard there's generally 4 anti-combo pieces and 11 utility/anti-aggro/control pieces. Against dedicated combo decks this is nowhere near enough to consistently win a match, which indicates that good combo decks aren't a prevalent metagame threat.

If they're hating out combo, they sure have an odd way of doing it. By the way, you of all people should know that Force of Will and Chalice aren't sufficient to beat combo.

You can then use the information as you wish. If you'd like to dismiss the results out of hand as a symptom of a lack of combo, then feel free to. These are actual metagames with actual tournaments that exist outside of internet forums and the minds of posters. You're free to take the results as you wish, but, for example, dismissing Levy's back-to-back GP wins with GMGT because there was no TEPS in the top 8 seems foolish to me.

Ease up on the hating. I'm not goign 'lolol look at those crazy foreigners with their weird card choices'. Nor am I insulting the level of competitiveness in the metagame or the player's skill. I'm pointing out that there's an epidemic lack of combo-hate in the sideboard and an equally epidemic lack of combo being played. Don't try and take it any other way.
-Slay

hi-val
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Ease up on the hating. I'm not goign 'lolol look at those crazy foreigners with their weird card choices'. Nor am I insulting the level of competitiveness in the metagame or the player's skill. I'm pointing out that there's an epidemic lack of combo-hate in the sideboard and an equally epidemic lack of combo being played. Don't try and take it any other way.
-Slay

Gotcha.

Eladriel, I was very excited when I saw the affinity list, as it seems like just what you want in an open metagame. It's a very compelling deck to me because it uses the second-most-stupid mechanic in the game and it supports eight anti-combo cards in the maindeck. Wow! I'll certainly give you that FS has bigger fliers. I can see Cloud getting butt darted out by Mogg Fanatic, where 'Dib cruises right by.

I'm going to test out Affownity and perhaps dedicate an article to it. In my limited testing, swinging for 9 on turn 3 with Cloud and Chalice on the board is just so fresh. It's also savagely cheaper than FS : D

Belgareth
03-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I am glad to see people finally taking europe seriously. :)
I have been playing in europe since Legacy first started , yet I always watch both the east coat and west coast variations.

There is a reason behind the huge lack of combo in the euro-metagame , I'll try to post about it sometime.

Really nice article Doug :) , I have been meaning to write something like this for ages but never found the time.
Europe often has huge turnout tournies, so if you ever want any information I'll gladly help where I can.

P.S: The article was even good enough to get me to upgrade from lurker status to member, just to say thankyou ;)

Anusien
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
I am glad to see people finally taking europe seriously. :)
I have been playing in europe since Legacy first started , yet I always watch both the east coat and west coast variations.

There is a reason behind the huge lack of combo in the euro-metagame , I'll try to post about it sometime.

Really nice article Doug :) , I have been meaning to write something like this for ages but never found the time.
Europe often has huge turnout tournies, so if you ever want any information I'll gladly help where I can.

P.S: The article was even good enough to get me to upgrade from lurker status to member, just to say thankyou ;)
Please please please post tournament results.

03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
those top 8s were pretty janky, spring tide? who plays that anymore. burn and stompy in the other. i see better decks in the 15 person tourneys i play in, although the affinity deck actually looks legit.

URABAHN
03-23-2007, 06:30 PM
-Slay

Conversely, I don't think anyone should go 'OMFG, look at the European metagame! It's so ama-za-zing and uber and l33t! We should totally play decks like that in America, they'd be so good!'

The European Metagame - It is what it is.

iOWN
03-23-2007, 06:31 PM
those top 8s were pretty janky, spring tide? who plays that anymore. burn and stompy in the other. i see better decks in the 15 person tourneys i play in, although the affinity deck actually looks legit.

Well, how can you be calling decks that play in 15-man tournaments better than decks that win ones on a much larger scale? Just because you have an idea in your mind that a deck is bad doesn't make it so. Spring Tide is simply a faster, consistent version of Reset/High Tide that just isn't as resilient to hate. Burn can have a nice game against aggro which is the most common archtype to play against, and Stompy is just a fast aggro deck playing small, efficient creatures, like Goblins does. Obviously if they are top8ing in these tournaments they have to have some merit.

Eldariel
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Yea, THAT kind of comments are exactly what we need when lists are specifically asked for. Not to mention, the whole point was to get Top 8s from different metagames, these metagames happen to actually contain the mentioned decks. It's hard for decks to Top 8 with only few (or no) players in any given tourney. These tournaments just go to show that the decks are perfectly capable of good finishes as long as they're actually present in relevant numbers.

hi-val
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM

My metagame is better than yours.

Bardo
03-23-2007, 06:37 PM
My metagame is better than yours.

I think the quip is: "Your metagame sucks." (JPM)

Anusien
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
It's pretty falacious to judge a deck based on looks. You could look at something like Threshold, and if you hadn't seen it before, it would probably look pretty janky: all the 2s and 3 ofs. Not to mention Extended's Tenacious Tron; who'd think a deck based around a 4 mana instant could beat Boros. Eyeballing a deck is no substitute for playing it.

Slay
03-23-2007, 07:11 PM
It's pretty falacious to judge a deck based on looks. You could look at something like Threshold, and if you hadn't seen it before, it would probably look pretty janky: all the 2s and 3 ofs. Not to mention Extended's Tenacious Tron; who'd think a deck based around a 4 mana instant could beat Boros. Eyeballing a deck is no substitute for playing it.

This isn't true of combo matchups. A non-combo deck against a combo deck comes down to whether the combo deck can fight through hate in time to win. Since none of these decks are playing a clock that is fast enough to win before the combo deck can go off, we can look at the matchup purely based on the hate that the combo player has to fight through. And that part - the amount of hate a combo deck can fight through - is already known and we are perfectly able to criticize a deck based on if it has enough hate or not.

Or, to put it more succinctly, we don't care about the nuances of their decks when there's 16 1/1s on the other side of the table.
-Slay

03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Did you look at all of the lists? The goblins deck that got 8th in one of them had 4 sac lands and no disruption cards. The decks looked like there were a lot of odd choices made as far as certain decks are conscerned. Thats what prompted my comment.

i aslo know from talking to some europeans on MWS, that there isnt a lot of Legacy being played out there so the quality of the decks arent up to par per say. i have no problems with the European Metagame, i think its very interesting, ive heard there was a lot of Aluren there and im surprised there wasnt a whole lot of hate for it.

Burn decks are capable of a 4 turn clock consistently, they are decent, but ,with the exception of a resolved Pyrostatic Pillar, the deck loses to Solidarity, Spring Tide (cause it actually sees play there) and TES/IGG. Granted, burn is a cheap deck to build so it probably showed up in numbers like affinity in ext. Spring Tide, although ive never played it, have heard from Solidarity players that its a much worse deck. Ive never seen it in action though so I cant be sure. I was under the impression that it wasnt played because it wasnt as good as its counterpart. As far as the stompy deck goes, ive never seen one, I was under the impression that of you were able to get the 4 berserks, that there were better decks to put together for the cost.

(Im still relatively new to legacy, but I play with a guy named Darryn Felton who has put his Solidarity deck into 2 top 16 finishes at dual for duels so i do play with decent players)

Belgareth
03-24-2007, 04:16 AM
i aslo know from talking to some europeans on MWS, that there isnt a lot of Legacy being played out there so the quality of the decks arent up to par per say.

It's comments like this that annoy me.
Have you noticed that Europe has multiple monthly tournaments that usually get 50-100 people.
The people that play in them are usually only from the country they are held in, because to europeans a 6 hr drive is considered a lot.
However legacy is certainly played and just because the lists do not look like those that you are used to , please do not assume inferiority.
Combo is kept out of our metagame because 90% of us really hate it, when solidarity did appear in my local metagame I took strong efforts to hate it out and my team mates did the same.
I do see a lot of aluren (not really combo as it's toads list), TES has been showing up a bit since wastedlife's victory, but on the whole people prefer aggro here or control.

Lukas Preuss
03-24-2007, 06:26 AM
What people should keep in mind is that Europe =/= Europe. There is not one single European metagame, since people over here don't like to travel a lot and there are a whole bunch of different languages that make it more difficult to communicate with each other. I know more about the American metagame than about Belgium, the Netherlands and France, although these countries are only a few hours away from where I live in Germany.

If you hear someone say: Aluren is a DTB in Europe, this doesn't mean much, since, for example in Germany, it is not played at all (maybe by one or two random people, but you get the point).

Please keep in mind that the regional differences are quite important in Europe, there may be countries (and metagames) that see no Legacy tournaments at all (or only a few), but others that have multiple large tournaments each month.

freakish777
03-24-2007, 02:20 PM
i aslo know from talking to some europeans on MWS, that there isnt a lot of Legacy being played out there so the quality of the decks arent up to par per say. i have no problems with the European Metagame, i think its very interesting, ive heard there was a lot of Aluren there and im surprised there wasnt a whole lot of hate for it.

So you're trusting what randoms on MWS say? Good for you.

Tacosnape
03-24-2007, 02:30 PM
It's a very compelling deck to me because it uses the second-most-stupid mechanic in the game and it supports eight anti-combo cards in the maindeck.

It supports four of them. It fails to support Force of Will. Faerie Stompy supports eight, because it runs somewhere in the vicinity of 26 Blue Cards to back up using both Chrome Mox and Force of Will in the same deck. And Faerie Stompy struggles at it. Dropping from 26 to 16 is ridiculous.

Admitted, this deck has the outside option of being able to drop Moxes without imprints should it prove necessary, but still, it's an enormous reach to declare this deck being on Faerie Stompy's level.

It should also be pointed out that any deck in that top eight packing four Chalices and ways to get them out turn one had amazing chances, what with the top 8 consisting of Stompy and Burn and the like.

hi-val
03-24-2007, 04:08 PM
You DO know that 16 blue cards is the accepted minimum for supporting FOW, right? I played Dragon for the longest time with FOW and only 15 blue cards total and it was peachy. If you actually test, you'll see what I mean. Sixteen blue cards for FOW is fine if you only expect that you will need to cast FOW once. In Affinity (or Dragon for that matter), such an expectation is acceptable. Your clock is fast enough so that you don't need more blue cards.

I fail to see how you think the deck fails to support FOW. You're going up against about nine years of a tested, practiced and true axiom.

And as far as that deck v. FS, while it is a topic for another thread that I suggest you open if you are interested in discussing this further, FS does not run eight free creatures and Cranial Freaking Plating.

Phantom
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
You DO know that 16 blue cards is the accepted minimum for supporting FOW, right? I played Dragon for the longest time with FOW and only 15 blue cards total and it was peachy. If you actually test, you'll see what I mean. Sixteen blue cards for FOW is fine if you only expect that you will need to cast FOW once.

Were you supporting Force AND Chrome Mox with 15? I've never tested it, but I have played my fair share of FS, and that does seem like a stretch.

I personally like to see the invention coming from overseas, but sometimes it does seem like we're playing slightly different formats. Still, we were all given the ability to judge decks, some better than others, and the ideas might lead to something that is more playable in the US meta, so keep the lists coming.

Zach Tartell
03-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm going to test out Affownity and perhaps dedicate an article to it.

I was going to mock you for writing this, but then I re-read the article, and I guess that he got first is not so ridiculous to say.

I like the look of the deck. But I feel that affinity loses so much of its greatness by losing the deciple. And losing red too really sucks. No pilar, no fling, no ... lightning bolt? Atog. Atog was what I was looking for. But losing the deciple is the biggest blow. I think that this changes affinity from the super-fast combo deck into something more like gro. Well, with an actual card draw engine (not a card improvement engine), and more resistance to chalices and yard hate, it might even be better. I'll pick up the uncommons and such that I don't own. But I'm not sure this'll be good. RGBSA still runs melt-down, or seeds of innocence, or massive artifact removal. Which means (in my first "PLAY ENCHANTRESS" moment of this post) that they aren't playing tranquility or revrent silence, which is fine by me. What I'm trying to say, I think, is that your whole fleet of affinity guys might suck, if they live through turn 3 or 4. I'd also like to see SOFI in here.

Y'know, I might drop the whole "This deck is terrible/write about enchantress" mentality altogher and say this: Write an article on affinity. Discuss the difference between mantle and vial (I was suckered into playing the first before switching to the second), the merits of playing RB, URB, or mono-U. And differences between it and FS, an issue that I'm sure will be brought up. Maybe I'm just too much of a nub to decide or myself.

In closing, write about enchantress.

freakish777
03-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I think some of you are missing the fact that Chrome Mox is somewhat an afterthought in this deck.

What Chrome Mox does:

When you've got FoW and no other blue card, it allows you to drop Ravager on turn 1

When you've got blue cards and no FoW, Ravager (or Chalice@1 etc) on turn 1.

When you've got FoW, 2 other blue cards, Ravager (etc) turn 1.

When you've got FoW, 1 other blue card, still creates +1 mana for your 12 Affinity creatures.

I think some serious testing is in order, as this deck looks like it has some game, and would be exceedingly simple for Extended players to pick up and understand.

Barook
03-24-2007, 06:10 PM
not a single comment on the pyroclasm deck? i started to play a quite similiar list and i think it's really, really good - except for its namesake which incredibly useless in most match-ups unless Goblins is overrunning your meta.
imho, with a bit more tweaking, the deck really does have potential.

about landstill: just asking due to my inexperience with the format: is Gifts Ungiven too slow for legacy? if not, is running a few Gifts along with a single copy of Petrified Field a good idea? it would give the deck the "tenacious" combo which is abused by U/W Urzatron in Extended.

the Lich deck looks like fun, but 4 Grim Tutors? there are better ways to rape your wallet.

Phantom
03-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Barook, the reason no one has commented on the clasm deck is that there is both a thread for it (E.R.A.) and a thread for the article written about that particular build (Unlocking Legacy: Pyroclasm.dec) so it is neither a European deck nor a new deck here. Basically, I think people have had their say about it and there's no reason to repeat themselves.

Bardo
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Write an article on affinity. Discuss the difference between mantle and vial (I was suckered into playing the first before switching to the second), the merits of playing RB, URB, or mono-U.

Someone's already gotten a bit of a start (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/8437.html) on this very topic. But, at least in Legacy, the discussion is far from over.

I took the U/b version out for a cruise on MWS last night, and had my ass handed to me by someone playing Binswanger.dec, of all things. Pyroclasm. That is all.

Edit - Well, that's not all, one game I had the turn 1 Seat, turn 2 Vault, Cloud, Cloud, Plating play then I ran into the PClasm (again). I FoW'd pitching Thoughtcast, Hoverguard or something; he FoW'd pitching Brainstorm. I laughed my ass off. I haven't had my ass beat like that in a while. :)