PDA

View Full Version : Future Sight Cards

Pages : [1] 2

Xero
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, not many have been spolied yet, but there are a few:

Elf Spellshaper G
G tap, Discard a card: Put a 1/1 Green Elf druid creature token named Llanowar Elves into play "with Tap: Add G to your mana pool."
1/1
Uncommon

Sliver Legion WUBRG

Legendary Creature - Sliver
All Sliver creatures get +1/1 for each other Sliver in play.
7/7
Rare

Sprout Swarm 1G
Instant
Convoke
Buyback 3
Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play

Akroma's Memorial 7
Legendary Artifact
Creatures you control gain Flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, protection from black, and protection from red.

This is all from mtgsalvation.com

None powerful enough for Legacy, I don't think. I like Sprout Swarm though, it could possibly be a finisher in some sort of UG control deck (outside Legacy).

freakish777
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I think Sprout Swarm could do some rediculous things in Limited games where one deck is stalling until they get Sprout Swarm going and then clog the board with tokens (Buyback + Convoke work so well together when your spell is make creatures...).

Bane of the Living
03-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Opposition will love that shit.

Pinder
03-24-2007, 10:49 AM
So would Intruder Alarm :tongue:.

Anusien
03-24-2007, 09:50 PM
So would Pyroclasm

Pinder
03-25-2007, 03:02 AM
Bah. Pyroclasm is sorcery speed, and you'd obviously be running Concordant Crossroads. They'd have to bust out some sort of Hail/Sandstorm bullshit to hose you.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
03-25-2007, 04:21 AM
You guys are such pessimists. I think Sprout Swarm will be really good, because what if your opponent has Solitary Confinement-lock out? Then it's like you've got nothing better to do with your creatures except tap them to make a new 1/1 each turn anyway!

Pinder
03-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Nah, then you just go infinite with Food Chain and kill them with one gigantic Maga, Traitor to Mortals :tongue:.

Nihil Credo
03-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Nah, then you just go infinite with Food Chain and kill them with one gigantic Maga, Traitor to Mortals :tongue:.
Actually, I absolutely loved killing CAL players in Extended with 4x Kokusho straight through their Confinement.

Aggro_zombies
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Actually, I absolutely loved killing CAL players in Extended with 4x Kokusho straight through their Confinement.
You didn't do that all at once, right?

If the red spellshaper makes Spark Elementals, as rumored, that'll be sweet in my BR madness deck. Here's hoping they give us a red Wild Mongrel varient or something.

Pinder
03-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm (naturally) excited at the prospect of a spellshaper that makes Metallic Slivers. Useless land? Nah, it's a 3/4 beater. I doubt it's a sliver itself though, so it would likely have a very short lifespan...

Nihil Credo
03-25-2007, 05:59 PM
You didn't do that all at once, right?
I'm not sure what that exactly means. Anyway, it happened while I was trying out Extended Dragonstorm.

Aggro_zombies
03-25-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm not sure what that exactly means. Anyway, it happened while I was trying out Extended Dragonstorm.
I mean, you didn't plop all four into play at once to one-hit KO them. If it's Dragonstorm, though...I was thinking something more along the lines of Living Death, but that's not in Extended, so I wasn't sure how you could get them all in play at once like that. Forgot about Dragonstorm, though.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
03-26-2007, 01:44 AM

I'm trying to figure out how you think you're going to go infinite with the card and Food Chain, and nothing's coming to me. Tap four creatures and pay a mana to.... get one mana? HAWT!

Did you mean Intruder Alarm?

Pinder
03-26-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm trying to figure out how you think you're going to go infinite with the card and Food Chain, and nothing's coming to me. Tap four creatures and pay a mana to.... get one mana? HAWT!

Did you mean Intruder Alarm?

You have me there. What I meant was use Food Chain in addition to the Intruder Alarm combo I mentioned earlier to power out a huge ass Maga. Now you just need a way to translate infinite creatures into infinite card draw (Stroke?) and/or tutoring for Maga, and you have yourself one hell of a (terribly fragile) combo deck!

edit: You know, none of these ideas are probably remotely viable in Legacy, but since Intruder Alarm was reprinted in 8th, someone could totally make a Sprout Swarm/Intruder Alarm/Phyrexian Altar/Skyscribing/Maga combo deck for Extended. If you couldn't deck them without decking yourself, you just draw your deck and drop a Maga. It could totally work...right?

Nihil Credo
03-26-2007, 05:59 AM
I mean, you didn't plop all four into play at once to one-hit KO them. If it's Dragonstorm, though...I was thinking something more along the lines of Living Death, but that's not in Extended, so I wasn't sure how you could get them all in play at once like that. Forgot about Dragonstorm, though.
You could do that with Patriarch's Bidding too. I think you could find a Kokusho Bidding list in several Extended boards, but it's not a very good deck - it essentially combines the weaknesses of both Dragonstorm and Elemental Bidding.

emidln
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
With infinite creatures you can use Altar of Dementia or Goblin Bombardment pretty well. That's how the Mirage/Tempest era Mesacraft decks worked before they decided Earthcraft was a little too good.

dahcmai
03-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Or you could kill them all with Diamond Valley, one turn at a time! Yes! combo!

It's like fountain of youth with two cards!

Pinder
03-26-2007, 06:53 PM
If you want to go the infinite life route, you could always just have a Soul/Essence Warden in play when you get all your tokens.

So that's infinite creatures, infinite life, infinite damage, infinite life loss....sounds pretty tech, I'll drum up a list later :tongue:.

Mad Zur
03-26-2007, 08:28 PM
All these win conditions sound narrow, fragile, and hard to assemble. Too bad there isn't any other way to use creatures to win the game, like some game action that would let you do one damage for every 1/1 you have.

C.P.
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I like the elf generator. Looks like a little neat trick that you can use in elf or survival. Any ideas?

Cait_Sith
03-26-2007, 08:58 PM
All these win conditions sound narrow, fragile, and hard to assemble. Too bad there isn't any other way to use creatures to win the game, like some game action that would let you do one damage for every 1/1 you have.

I heard its going to be in Lorwyn. They call it "attacking"

Pinder
03-26-2007, 09:07 PM

Yeah, but I also heard that they're going to release "blocking" in Lorwyn as well, which makes "attacking" harder. Or maybe they're going to span "Attacking", "Blocking", and "Combat Damage" over the 3 sets?

Nihil Credo
03-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Yeah, but I also heard that they're going to release "blocking" in Lorwyn as well, which makes "attacking" harder. Or maybe they're going to span "Attacking", "Blocking", and "Combat Damage" over the 3 sets?
Wonderful - that means this autumn my Xantid Swarms will become much better. I mean, not like getting a 0/1 flier for 1 green mana is bad or anything, but an extra ability would be nice.

Di
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM

That is so good I almost want to sig it. No joke.

Seriously. Most broken abilities of all time:

- ATTACKING POST-LORWYN BLOCK
- Banding
- BLOCKING POST-LORWYN BLOCK

Simply genius.

Nightmare
03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I heard its going to be in Lorwyn. They call it "attacking"Seriously, funniest post you've ever made.:laugh:

Xero
04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
More cards!

Imperiosaur 2GG (Future Shifted)

Creature - Lizard
You may only spend mana from basic lands to play Imperiosaur
5/5

Maelstrom Djinn 7U

Creature - Djinn
Flying.
Morph 2U
When Maelstrom Djinn is turned face-up, put two time counters on it and it has Vanishing 2.
5/6

Fog of Rage 1R

Sorcery
Buyback 2
Creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
Storm.

Innovators' Pact 0

Sorcery
Pact of the Innovators is green.
Search your library for a green creature card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 2GG . If you don't, you lose the game.

Another pretty good 4 drop for green, plus a (bad) storm spell with buyback.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I guess they don't do sarcasm outside of Virginia.

Jaynel
04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
The futureshifted cards look like shit.

iOWN
04-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh. My. God. I'm preordering 4x Innovator's Pact. That card looks fucking amazing. 0-mana freaking tutor? Elves will love this card (especially Glimpse of Nature elves). But Stifle the upkeep trigger? I mean, this card just seems so abusable.

Mists of Rage also seems pretty cool, and could find some way into aggro as reusable pump every turn, but appears to be a little too mana-intensive for legacy.

Edit - Djinn Illuminatus would thin your deck, but that sucks.

Edit 2 - So isn't that ability on Pact supposed to be keyworded 'Fate'?

Nightmare
04-02-2007, 03:13 PM
If the 0cc tutor is a cycle, prepare for some broken stuff.

iOWN
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I heard there was going to be multiple 0cc nonartifacts with that mechanic, but are you sure they will all be tutors. If so, :O.

Also, I just went to Salvation and saw the futureshifted card. Jaynel speaks the truth, it looks awful.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I thought the Futureshifted card looked like an improvement flavor-wise over the current border, but was much cleaner and easier to read than the original.

Aggro_zombies
04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I heard there was going to be multiple 0cc nonartifacts with that mechanic, but are you sure they will all be tutors. If so, :O.

Also, I just went to Salvation and saw the futureshifted card. Jaynel speaks the truth, it looks awful.
I didn't realize it was for Magic at first until I looked closer. Agreed that the futureshifted borders are shit...I certainly hope Wizards won't be changing into these borders anytime soon!

The PC timeshifted borders are the best, imo. Those things were sick.

EDIT: And yeah, that tutor is da shiz. Who wants to get working on breaking it?

The Lotus Eater
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Innovator's Pact puts the creature into your hand, not into play :(

And then you have to pay four mana and then you have to pay for the creature itself if you want to play it. I'd rather use Natural Order, as you don't have to pay for the creature and it puts it directly into play. Also, Natural Order doesn't have any crazy "Lose the game" clause in case you can't pay the cost somehow.

Di
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Where can I see the futureshifted cards? There are pics? Someone link kthxbye

Also, as for that green tutor thing, it's probably best for a combo deck like Gamekeeper or something where you would win the game that turn anyway. Or some other terrible combo deck.

Jaynel
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
@ Diablos: At the bottom of the first post (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=72083)

Pinder
04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
@ Diablos: At the bottom of the first post (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=72083)

Or here (http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=71473#1630)

And I'm sorry, but the future shifted card just looks terrible. There are some things that I like, like the semi-transparent type and title lines, and the rounded art box, but the mana cost on the left side like that is just dumb. And the little claw mark for creatures? Lame.

I hope that 'Future Shifted' doesn't mean that 'these are what they're all going to look like in the future'.

The PC Planeshifted faces were hawt. I wouldn't mind if they just used those for everything in the future. Seriously.

And the 0cc tutor is sorta lame. Now, if there's one for blue that Merchant Scrolls at instant speed, David Gearhart will shit his pants. Twice.

Di
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Wwoooooooooow that thing looks soooo gay. It's like they're trying to change Magic into Yugioh or something. Honestly what do they do for the casting cost of something like 1RGBWU? Wrap it around the entire fucking picture?

Honestly I think Mark Rosewater is on fucking heroin or something.

Maverick676
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
EWW, that new look is so freaking ugly. But 0cc tutors seems broken.

Pinder
04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Wwoooooooooow that thing looks soooo gay. It's like they're trying to change Magic into Yugioh or something. Honestly what do they do for the casting cost of something like 1RGBWU? Wrap it around the entire fucking picture?

Honestly I think Mark Rosewater is on fucking heroin or something.

QFT. And I honestly think that they're trying to imitate the VS system. And they should stop.

xsockmonkeyx
04-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Blech!! *Vomits all over keyboard* WTF is wrong with these idiots?

The Lotus Eater
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I like when they switch up card frames a little. As long as they don't do it too much, otherwise it might get a little obnoxious.

I think it should slow down after this block.

kicks_422
04-02-2007, 08:39 PM
I won't be surprised if I see card names like "Shining Shadow Magician of the Nether Realm" and "Flying Bazooka XYZ of Doom" in the future.

I wish they just used the PC-shifted frames instead.

Pinder
04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I wish they just used the PC-shifted frames instead.

Everyone does.

AngryTroll
04-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, those frames...yuck.

+1 to using the PC frames. Hot.

If they print a series of 0cc tutors, I will probably pick up 4 of the Blue, Black, and Red ones. I mean, within reason. Even if the Blue and/or Black ones are 0cc Draw some cards, I will pick up a set. I somehow doubt that they will be any good, though....add 8 0cc card draw/tutor/storm spell with decent ability cards to TES or TJS (yeah, necro-ed that!), and bad things might happen.

Useless until you try to combo, and if you fizzle you lose...but a 0cc tutor seems terribly strong.

Silverdragon
04-02-2007, 10:54 PM
My first guess as to why they'd want to print the Futureshifted cards that way was so you can see the cc when you fan open your hand of cards. Then I realized that I already do it so I can see the cc (top card to the left, bottom card to the right) so this change of the cardframe would really suck for me not only because it looks bad but because I'll get problems sorting (or even looking at) the cards in my hand :(
Hope they'll never do this cardframe again ever

Firebrothers
04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah they would definatly not print whole new sets like that especially if it gets negative feedback. Probably just testing the waters.

jazzykat
04-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Mob Justice
Pandemonium
Goblin Bombardment

How and when did you want to do the damage?

Alfred
04-03-2007, 02:29 AM
I bet the other 0cc cards aren't tutors. Anything other than tutoring for creatures or lands for free seems waaaaaay too broken to me, especially seeing as they reprinted storm cards.

tivadar
04-03-2007, 10:20 AM
does the green tutor hold a place in cloud of faeries-snap-freeze decks? You're playing it during your turn, it contributes to the storm count and fetches cloud for free. You don't lose till your next turn, and if you've combo'ed off by that point, who the heck cares?

C.P.
04-03-2007, 10:54 AM
If Wizards brings so-called futureshifted flame in future, I'll quit magic. Really. What the F%^* is that?

The tutors look dangerous. Hopely blue and black one is not retardedly broken.

freakish777
04-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I actually don't mind the Futureshifted border other than the mana symbol obviously being in the wrong place. Changing where to look for casting costs on certain cards is going to drive me nuts. That said, I don't think this is going to recieve the "standing ovation" that the PC planeshifted borders recieved, I think it'll be a disaster, and hope they learn that messing with the status quo too much isn't a good thing.

As far as the 0cc Tutor Cycle goes, I'm not at all convinced it's a Tutor cycle. A cycle sure, the same way Ancestral Vision, Restore Balance, Hyper-Genesis, etc were a cycle. I highly doubt there'll be anything along the lines of:

Search for Enchantment/Artifact and put it in your hand
Search for Enchantment/Artifact and put it in your hand
pay 2WW at your next upkp or LOSE!

Search for any card and put it in your hand
Search for any card and put it in your hand
Lose half your life
pay 2BB at your next upkp or LOSE!

Really? Ok, I'll DT paying half my life instead of mana and win on the spot. It even adds to my storm count? Frickin Sweet!

Of all the original Mirage/Visions card disadvantage tutors, the only one not on a banned or restricted list is Worldly Tutor... Basically I don't see them reprinting cards that are currently on any format's B/B&R list anytime soon as that sends to wrong message to the players.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-03-2007, 01:34 PM
RTFC.

Search your library for a green creature card.

That is all.

scrumdogg
04-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Agreed, the new shifted card border looks awful...but what better vehicle to test a concept in than a small subset of cards in the third set of a block? Would you rather they tried in a base set or an entire block? This allows them to gauge reaction with no real long term damage. As for the tutor, thank goodness it is a green creature as it could combo-hideousness otherwise (Tivadar's Faerie Freeze, Kobold-Glimpse, Salvagers-Game can use it but it is a gamble, fucking Goblins......).

Slay
04-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Agreed, the new shifted card border looks awful...but what better vehicle to test a concept in than a small subset of cards in the third set of a block? Would you rather they tried in a base set or an entire block? This allows them to gauge reaction with no real long term damage. As for the tutor, thank goodness it is a green creature as it could combo-hideousness otherwise (Tivadar's Faerie Freeze, Kobold-Glimpse, Salvagers-Game can use it but it is a gamble, fucking Goblins......).

There's areason focus groups are standard practices for marketing, and that's avoiding hideously drug-inspired crap like the new borders.

This shit is almost identical to Legend of the Five Rings, and it looked liek crap too.
-Slay

Peter_Rotten
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow. I think that I'm officially the only person who likes that card face.

Alfred
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow. I think that I'm officially the only person who likes that card face.

I like it too :/

Anyway, does anyone else get the feeling that the white one will fetch creature enchantments? White seems like it wants to do that a lot recently. Now all they have to do is print good creature enchantments, and we're set!

Bryant Cook
04-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Skimming this thread, I saw what I thought was the black 0cc tutor. OMFG I almost creamed my pants... I hate you Dave.

iOWN
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tombstalker 6bb (Timeshifted)
Creature Rare
Flying
Delve (You may remove any number of cards in your graveyard from the game as you play this spell. It costs 1 less to play for each card removed this way.)
5/5

Intervention Pact 0
Instant Rare
Intervention Pact is white.
The next time a source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage. You gain life equal to the damage prevented this way.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 1ww. If you don't, you lose the game.

Rift Elemental r
Creature-Elemental common
1r, Remove a time counter from a permanent you control of suspended card you own: Rift elemental gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
1/1

The white card is nifty, and it is a cycle but not tutors. Delve could be a really strong ability on the right card.

C.P.
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Why is all the 'Futureshifted' cards looks more playable then others? I still refuse to play with those.

Does Delve works like convoke? That is, Can I remove 2 black cards to pay BB?

iOWN
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Why is all the 'Futureshifted' cards looks more playable then others? I still refuse to play with those.

Does Delve works like convoke? That is, Can I remove 2 black cards to pay BB?

I prefer the nonshifts so far, although Tombstalker is cool, Imperiosaur is crap and the 0cc cycle will hopefully be really neat. However, if Delve is only on Futureshifts they might end up in our range of sight more often. :/

It looks more like Affinity. The reminder text says nothing about colored mana, so I would assume no.

Barook
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Tombstalker is really cool, especially with fetchlands and dark rituals.

going fetchland, ritual, ritual ---> tombstalker on turn 1 sounds damn sexy!

the only real downside is that it's timeshifted - that means it gets the new, crappy looking alternative card frame for futureshifted cards.

freakish777
04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I highly doubt there'll be anything along the lines of:

RTFC.

Search your library for a green creature card.

That is all.

RTFP.

Skimming this thread, I saw what I thought was the black 0cc tutor. OMFG I almost creamed my pants... I hate you Dave.

However since 1 of you can't read my posts and one of you almost can't read my posts, I'll try and work on making sure not to write extraneous stuff that should be obvious.

Really though Bryant if they printed that would anyone ever play none combo decks ever? OH NOES HALF MY LIFE? Wait but I win now instead of next turn and don't have to pay BBB?

I think it's safe to say we'll never see that card printed ever.

iOWN
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
RTFP.

He wasn't referring to your post.

Xero
04-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Another one that seems fun:

Korlash, (other title unknown) 2BB

Legendary Creature - Forgotten?
Korlash has power and toughness each equal to the number of swamps you control.
1B: Regenerate
Grandeur - Discard a card named Korlash from your hand: Search your library for up to two swamp cards and put them into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
*/*

Its uncouterable landsearch for free, which seems good. Maybe this could go in something like Trainwreck or Truffle Shuffle?

Edit: I misread this card. As currently worded, there has to be a copy of this card already in play for the Grandeur ability to work. That makes it suck balls.

Machinus
04-04-2007, 02:25 AM
There's areason focus groups are standard practices for marketing, and that's avoiding hideously drug-inspired crap like the new borders.

What the fuck were they thinking???

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Blathering.

a) Tivadar had suggested using the card with Cloud of Faeries previously.

b) You were suggesting a cycle that had no such mirroring color restrictions.

Pinder
04-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if we'll get to see Delve on any X spells, either now or in the future. Because that sounds like it would be pretty hot.

Aggro_zombies
04-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if we'll get to see Delve on any X spells, either now or in the future. Because that sounds like it would be pretty hot.
...and if Wizards did that, they would be incredibly shitty X spells because Wizards is anticipating people like you trying to break a Delve Fireball or Stroke of Genius.

Oh god, a Stroke with Delve would be incredibly broken in Solidarity. :eek:

EDIT: New batch of cards in, compliments of the French:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=72315

The land with Transmute seems like it could be good somehow, but iono...

C.P.
04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
The land with Transmute seems like it could be good somehow, but iono...

Can that land transmute for Mox or LED?

ForceofWill
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes.

C.P.
04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes.

Meaning it is a bad Trinket Mage at the least? Interesting.

Nightmare
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Virulent Sliver - G
Silver
All slivers have poisonous 1. (Whenever a sliver deals combat damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter. A player with 10 or more poison counters loses the game)

POISON COUNTERS ARE BACK!!!

Vardaman
04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Virulent Sliver - G
Silver
All slivers have poisonous 1. (Whenever a sliver deals combat damage to a player, that player gets a poison counter. A player with 10 or more poison counters loses the game)

I wonder if they'll make a Leech sliver too. :)

Pinder
04-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Virulent Sliver - G
Silver

Dear lord, on a Sliver, too? In MH colors? This is interesting...weird that it doesn't list a P/T though.

I'm honestly more excited about Arc Razor though. That thing is going to be nice in limited.

Barook
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
This is interesting...weird that it doesn't list a P/T though.
it's a 1/1.

and i don't see too many reasons why it's good. in general, you should be able to kill your opponent faster with pumped slivers than with poison counters, am i right?

Pinder
04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh, totally. By the time Countersliver hits them with 10 of anything, they should be dead.

Could be interesting in limited, though.

Atwa
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Lame d'arc 3rr
Sorcery (Unco)

This deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Remove this from the game with 3 time counter on it.
Suspend 3 - 2r

I think this is very cool, the spell keeps resolving every 3 turns. Too bad it only takes like 30 turns to kill your opponent.

TorpidNinja
04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
It borders on speculation but meh: if red powers out a 0 CMC direct damage spell would it be an auto include in any Tendrils deck? Moreover, how shitty would the blue Pact have to be that it wouldn't be used in Solidarity?

I suppose they could just make it a sorcery.

scrumdogg
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Sweet Jesus, Rite of Flame (or other Turn 1 accelerant) + Rift Elemental + Greater Gargadon = potential ton of hurt on Turn 2...and since you're in red, you would have mana to burn any blockers as well.... How many semi-playable suspend cards just got a whole lot better?

Nightmare
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Sweet Jesus, Rite of Flame (or other Turn 1 accelerant) + Rift Elemental + Greater Gargadon = potential ton of hurt on Turn 2...and since you're in red, you would have mana to burn any blockers as well.... How many semi-playable suspend cards just got a whole lot better?It says 1R, Remove a counter:

iOWN
04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Also, as for that green tutor thing, it's probably best for a combo deck like Gamekeeper or something where you would win the game that turn anyway. Or some other terrible combo deck.

So in Salvager Game it would probably be an auto-four-of to replace some 'meh' Tutor like Tainted Pact (or Living Wish, but that would make some preboard games worse), right? It's like running Gamekeepers 4-7 without having to worry about continuously hitting more Gamekeepers and not finding your win condition. Also, since it's a tutor it allows LED to be played as accel before Salvagers is out... turn one win would be something like:

Land, Cabal Therapy to draw out counter or something, double LED. Summoner's Pact, crack both LED for GGGWWW, fetch GK and sac it with Therapy, combo into Salvagers and use the floating WW to return LED and win before next upkeep comes around.

Also, the Pact is instant-speed (not like it matters?)

In Elves it could either be played as set-up for something like Priest of Titania (which will usually ensure you don't lose during upkeep) or midcombo if you draw it off of Glimpse, to find whatever Elf will help you stay alive. Could even search for a Primordial Sage (an expensive Glimpse, but still the same mechanic - that would mean 9 ways to get a Glimpse effect).

The only other deck I can think of is Enchantress Bloom which could get Argothian Enchantress, but might have a hard time comboing off if there isn't enough mana on board.

freakish777
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
He wasn't referring to your post.

Sweet, so I don't have to fix how I write things, I just have to keep up with the conversation.

Belgareth
04-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I think the new poisonous sliver will find a place in Countersliver (UWG) as it stacks to produce some very nice effects :)

Nightmare
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
PRERELEASE CARD - Futureshifted

Korlash, Hero to Blackblade
2bb
Legendary Creature - Zombie Warrior
1b: Regenerate
Grandeur - Discard a (ANOTHER; as in this is in play and you discard ANOTHER from your hand... ) card named Korlash from your hand: Search your library for up to two swamp cards and put them into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
*/*
Illustration: RKF!
Rare.

Unknown if the Grandeur ability is a cip or an activated.

TorpidNinja
04-04-2007, 05:48 PM
it's a 1/1.

and i don't see too many reasons why it's good. in general, you should be able to kill your opponent faster with pumped slivers than with poison counters, am i right?

On the other hand, poisonous will most likely stack. With two of these guys out the game could end quickly.

Peter_Rotten
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Tombstalker 6bb (Timeshifted)
Creature Rare
Flying
Delve (You may remove any number of cards in your graveyard from the game as you play this spell. It costs 1 less to play for each card removed this way.)
5/5

Delve could be a really strong ability on the right card.

Maybe with Dredge? Slap a bunch of cards in the yard and then play cheap fat flying beaters. Yum, yum.

kicks_422
04-05-2007, 04:16 AM
I think the new poisonous sliver will find a place in Countersliver (UWG) as it stacks to produce some very nice effects :)

I don't think so. Once those 10 poison counters have accumulated by 10 hits from Slivers, the game should be over by then anyway (with Sinew and Muscle in the mix). They're really nice when you get 2 of them out, but I'd rather have any other 2 Slivers that's in the deck right now.

And there's simply no room for it. :tongue:

Drathro
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Korlash, Hero to Blackblade
2bb
Legendary Creature - Zombie Warrior
1b: Regenerate
Grandeur - Discard a (ANOTHER; as in this is in play and you discard ANOTHER from your hand... ) card named Korlash from your hand: Search your library for up to two swamp cards and put them into play tapped. Then shuffle your library.
*/*
Could be fun with Tortured Existence (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Tortured_Existence) and Squee (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Squee,_Goblin_Nabob), but, without any evasion, probably not good enough to be competitive by itself.

Could it maybe be used as an unnecessarily complex mana engine for an X-spell finisher or in a crazy new Tog control deck? (Control likes lots of mana, so I hear.)

Just random thoughts leaking out of my brain...

scrumdogg
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Genesis, Survival, Eternal Witness, Volrath's Stronghold, Intuition, Gifts - there are any number of ways to fetch up multiples & abuse them often. GBu has a number of effects that would love large amounts of mana (not including the growing critter in play....) ranging from X spells to Deed + activation without passing priority to large obnoxious guys. Plus the thinning of land to draw more business as well as keeping ahead of LD. Since this does not say basic swamp (as far as I can tell) it can fetch up all sorts of duals & with being able to drop 2 a turn + your land drop, even Crucible Waste isn't going to be able to keep up. It also doesn't punish you for the neo-duals, as the lands come into play tapped anyway.

Drathro
04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Good starting list, scrumdogg, that's the direction I was going in... your post got my mind abuzz with ideas.

Still brainstorming, I'm thinking about extra swamps for:

* cheap pump creatures (Knights and Shades (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Nantuko Shade))
* free evasion creatures (Dross Golem (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Dross_Golem))
* repeating sacrifice effects (original Braids (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Braids,_Cabal_Minion))
* Kormus Bell (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Kormus_Bell) - kidding! Unless I pair it with Contamination (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Contamination)... :laugh: - still kidding!

and that could be only the tip of the iceberg. Or, I could be rambling - that tends to happen sometimes (okay, frequently).

tivadar
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Delve on just about any card seems rather broken to me. You can compare it to affinity, but the fact is that Delve doesn't care what KIND of card is in your graveyard. Peter's right, dredge + delve = huge fattie + no card disadvantage. Darkblast comes to mind as the best here. That or obviously loam if you want to go off-color. With DB, you can have your 5/5 flyer for 2 mana on turn 3...

Firebrothers
04-05-2007, 03:39 PM
So i just read that the new borders will not be the standard in the future, just what it could be like. They are not permanently changing it.

Drathro
04-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Innovators' Pact
Sorcery
Pact of the Innovators is green.
Search your library for a green creature card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 2GG . If you don't, you lose the game.
Haha! This sorcery has Super Haste (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Rocket-Powered_Turbo_Slug)! Another Un-ability transforms into a sanctioned ability!

(For those who can't follow the link, the Un-Card "Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug" allows you to "play" it the turn before you pay for it, but you lose the game if you can't pay for it the next turn.)

Firebrothers
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Haha! This sorcery has Super Haste (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=Rocket-Powered_Turbo_Slug)! Another Un-ability transforms into a sanctioned ability!

(For those who can't follow the link, the Un-Card "Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug" allows you to "play" it the turn before you pay for it, but you lose the game if you can't pay for it the next turn.)

Well technically it is untill the end of the next turn so rocket powered turbo slugs are much better because you can attack with them twice before you lose.

Pinder
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
From the Future Sight mini-site crossword (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=magic/futuresight2/xword):

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t124/Pindarius/magiccrossword.jpg

So far I've figured out that there's a black Sorcery in Future Sight called 'Lost Hours', and a Land that includes the word 'Salvage'.

Anybody else gotten any farther than me?

edit: the clues to the ones I'm missing are:

34 Across: Airline the Israeli national team might use to fly to Worlds. (I think it's ELAL)
45 Across: Legally entering enemy territory, as in hockey
54 Across: A Future Sight land.
40 Down: Useful device for playing Magic Online
46 Down: Sneaker brand
35 Down: A blue Future Sight instant
24 Down: What Pat Sullivan might say to Kate Stavola at Pro Tour--Valencia
42. Native American tribe whose members might show up to play in the Ohio Valley Regionals (I think it's Mingo)

If you use 'ELAL' and 'Mingo', then 24 Down becomes 'TEAM_', and I would assume it would be 'Teams', except that makes 45 Across start with 'SNS', which doesn't make any sense at all. But if you put a vowel there, 'TEAM_' doesn't make any sense either.

edit again: Oh, and the fact that 33 down is 'Sylar' means that 'Heroes' is Rosewater's favorite show. w00t.

Jaynel
04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
El-Al is the major Israeli flight service. I saw these 2 gems on MTGS.

Foresee
3U
Scry 4, then draw two cards.

Mystic Speculation
U
Buyback 2
Scry 3

Both rumored to be sorceries.
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=72427

iOWN
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Magus of the Vineyard G
Human Wizard
At the beginning of each player's precombat main phase, add GG to that player's mana pool
1/1

Veilstone Amulet 3
Artifact (rare)
Whenever you play a spell, creatures you control can't be the targets of spells or abilities your opponents control this turn.

He also named the Artifact Creature – Spellshaper that produces Metallic Slivers as Sliversmith, and mentioned that there are rare lands (including a future-shifted land that is like a painland but it gives opponents a life instead of you losing one)

Except they may still be fake, seem legit though.

The Amulet pretty much hoses removal, but at 3 mana isn't too playable.

Nihil Credo
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
The lifeland sounds very interesting... clearly not for Legacy (duals), but it will be a lot better than painlands for a control deck in the rotation formats. Hell, it's probably better than shocklands for Standard and Block.

Although they speak of a painland... it seems weird they'd only print a single dual land of a cycle. Anti-City of Brass maybe? That could actually be useful - 5c Stax comes to mind.

TheAardvark
04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
So far I've figured out that there's a black Sorcery in Future Sight called 'Lost Hours', and a Land that includes the word 'Salvage'.

Anybody else gotten any farther than me?

edit: the clues to the ones I'm missing are:

34 Across: Airline the Israeli national team might use to fly to Worlds. (I think it's ELAL)
45 Across: Legally entering enemy territory, as in hockey
54 Across: A Future Sight land.
40 Down: Useful device for playing Magic Online
46 Down: Sneaker brand
35 Down: A blue Future Sight instant
24 Down: What Pat Sullivan might say to Kate Stavola at Pro Tour--Valencia
42. Native American tribe whose members might show up to play in the Ohio Valley Regionals (I think it's Mingo)

34 Across: ELAL
42 Across: MINGO
45 Across: ONSIDE
54 Across: DAKMOR SALVAGE
40 Down: MODEM
46 Down: ETONIC
35 Down: LOGIC KNOT
24 Down: TEAMO

Enjoy.

Pinder
04-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Awesomes, thanks!

And as far as the rumored anti City of Brass, Kavu Predator much?

TheAardvark
04-06-2007, 02:13 AM
Rain Of Gore much?

For the most part, the cards they have uncovered have been pretty blah. The two rumored Scry cards seem pretty solid, but that's about it. I think Magus Of The Vineyard, if legit, could be entertaining, but not very good. But hey, it combos well with Magus Of The Scroll!

*ahem*

iOWN
04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Homing Sliver 2R
Creature - Sliver
Each Sliver card in each player's hand has Slivercycling 3.
2/2

Wow. So each Sliver turns into an uncounterable colorless Demonic Tutor?

C.P.
04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Homing Sliver 2R
Creature - Sliver
2/2

Wow. I think some sliver enthusiast will shit himself with joy.

tivadar
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM

I honestly don't think they'll like it much. The fact that this has to be in play, for 3 mana, and then they have to pay an additional 3 mana to cycle a sliver makes this rather slow. Sure, tutoring up what you need is nice, but it doesn't help a whole lot if you're already dead...

Phantom
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Homing Sliver 2R
Creature - Sliver
2/2

Paging Aether Vial to the Sliver decks...

TheAardvark
04-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Now, I won't call Ramosian Reviver the worst rebel ever, but...W3 for a 2/2 with an ability that costs 6? At least it's uncommon, whereas in in MM it would have been a rare. I realize that it puts a rebel from the graveyard into play, but for 10 mana total for one rebel? For that cost, there had better be a card for Jesus in Future Sight with creature type rebel, and if you return it from your graveyard to play, you win the game...and color eggs.

Fuck.

But hey, the picture isn't too shabby!

EDIT: You know, I understand, to a degree, the whole red herring thing with the Futureshifted cards, but for the ones that they have no plans to do in the future, why not just make them normal cards? Almost half the set is Futureshifted, and we have no real way of knowing which ones are red herrings, and which ones (or minor deviations thereof) will return in future sets. It seems unnecessarily complicated and asinine. Of course, when you let Mark Rosewater grab the helm, that's what happens. Did you know he wrote for Roseanne?

Di
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Homing Sliver 2R
Creature - Sliver
2/2

This most likely won't see play at all. If Slivers wanted a Demonic Tutor chain, they already have one, a better one, in Survival of the Fittest. It isn't a creature, but it's cheaper to play and cheaper to activate, yet that doesn't see much play in builds these days. So you can basically rule this one out.

tivadar
04-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Now, I won't call Ramosian Reviver the worst rebel ever

Ohhh, ohh! I will! Worst.... Rebel.... EVER!

EDIT: I hear they're printing a Jesus card actually, rather than a flip, it has 3 sides:

Jesus, the Son
Creature - Carpenter
Jesus can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponent controls, unless that opponent is Judas.
When Jesus dies twice, rotate him.
3/3

//

The Holy Spirit
Creature - Spirit
The Holy Spirit's power and toughness are each equal to the number of clerics in play.
When there are too many spirits in your graveyard, rotate the holy spirit, remove all spirits in your graveyard to heaven.
Soulshift infinite
*/*

//

God, the Father
Creature - God
God's power is equal to his toughness plus one.
God's toughness is equal to his power plus one.
If any opponent attempts to explain God, end the current game, start a new one.
*/*

Pinder
04-06-2007, 02:33 PM

Already did. Is this seriously spoiled? As in, real? I....I feel all tingly.

This most likely won't see play at all. If Slivers wanted a Demonic Tutor chain, they already have one, a better one, in Survival of the Fittes. It isn't a creature, but it's cheaper to play and cheaper to activate, yet that doesn't see much play in builds these days. So you can basically rule this one out.

You may be right, but you can't discount the fact that it has a nice, 2/2, warm, slivery body attached to it. That's probably it's strongest argument for inclusion. The 3 mana is probably the biggest thing that might prevent its inclusion. If it was 2, though? Hoo boy. Altogether, it warrants at least a little testing, but it has some pretty stiff competition for the maindeck.

I think the card that will prove most interesting from FS is the Sliver Spellshaper. If that guy is a 1/1 Artifact Sliver for 1 that has '1, T, Discard a Card: Make a Metallic Sliver', it will certainly shake things up.

edit: Oh wait, I just noticed Homing Sliver is Red. Fuck that. Would be decent if it was blue.

TheAardvark
04-06-2007, 03:25 PM
@ Tivadar,

I know the Reviver is pretty bad, but remember the competition it has for worst rebel ever: Mercenary Informer.

Just saying.

And the Slivercycling thing...eh. It'll be played in T2, I imagine, but otherwise...no.

freakish777
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that Slivercycling will make the Block Constructed Sliver Combo deck rediculous as it gives you another way to tutor for Slivers without depending on Wild Pair.

Anyways as far as "Holiday" cards go...

Jesus, Son of Man WW
When CARDNAME is sacrificed, remove it from the game with 2 time counters on it. If CARDNAME would come into play from the RFG Zone, it comes into play flipped instead.
1/1
//
Jesus, Ascendant
As CARDNAME comes into play you win the game (OR as CARDNAME cip, you may start your own religion)

The time counters for the rising 3 days later stuff. Anyways, coming up with an interesting comes into play thing for a card like this is a tough thing to do (and I mean if this were a real card, not a nod to real world beliefs). Having it just win the game isn't very interesting. However, I like the idea of a creature leaving play and then instead of going to the graveyard, going RFG with Time Counters on it (just the idea that it comes back as something different would be really hard to word without using the word Zone which I'm pretty sure is a no-no, and would probably be really confusing). In fact, if Arc Razor is any indication, there'll probably be a green creature that does exactly that, something along the lines of:

I'm a recurring Grey Ogre
1GG
If CARDNAME would leave play, remove it from the game with 3 time counters on it.
2/2

I might be missing some other rules baggage there, such as RFG it Suspended or some such. Speaking of which, is there a reason Ertai's Meddling hasn't been cleaned up to include Time Counters instead? I mean, I'm pretty sure that's the card that inspired the mechanic...

Bane of the Living
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Tomb Stalker might make Friggorid playable. If Delve is on a couple more cards I might be scared, it mirrors affinity without the needing the cards to be in play..

Volt
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
This most likely won't see play at all. If Slivers wanted a Demonic Tutor chain, they already have one, a better one, in Survival of the Fittest. It isn't a creature, but it's cheaper to play and cheaper to activate, yet that doesn't see much play in builds these days. So you can basically rule this one out.

Exactly right. No way does Homing Sliver make the cut in any sort of Legacy sliver deck that I can imagine.

Pinder
04-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Tomb Stalker might make Friggorid playable. If Delve is on a couple more cards I might be scared, it mirrors affinity without the needing the cards to be in play..

I dunno. I can only assume that it would get Dredged long before you every drew it. You're much more likely to Dread Return that thing than play it, IMO. Of course, you could always pull some Golgari Thug/Cabal Therapy weirdness to put it back on top of your library to draw and play it for BB.

You know what's the secret tech in Friggorid, though? Laquatus's Champion. Believe it. That thing has stolen me so many games. And it wins through Worship. Not that anything runs Worship...

Belgareth
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
The new gravestorm ability looks interesting .
It costs 2B and is a sorcery but against some decks , removing even 3 cards could seriously dent them.
At the end of the day cranial extraction didn't see play and neither does jester's cap much :(

iOWN
04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
The new gravestorm ability looks interesting .
It costs 2B and is a sorcery but against some decks , removing even 3 cards could seriously dent them.
At the end of the day cranial extraction didn't see play and neither does jester's cap much :(

The ability seems like it can be really playable, especially if put on cards that actually have combo potential. But yeah, I don't think this is useable (in 1.5).

Nope. :(

Yixlid Jailer 1B

Creature - Zombie Wizard
Cards in Graveyards lose all abilities.
2/1
Uncommon
93/180

HOLY CRAPPING SHIT! This card better be fake or I'll cry. Seriously... it hoses Ichorid, Loam varients (especially Terrageddon), Survival (um, they can pay two mana to make me lose all Squees and Incarnations?... Guess it should be renamed 'Survival Selection' as it loses all card advantage), all Flashback, and probably a ton of stuff I'm missing. I think it might even prevent Gamekeeper and Academy Rector tutors? If this comes out, it better be banned before it breaks Fish...

Edit - I'm going to go ahead and call that this card will actually warrant a maindeck inclusion in Black thresh and turn it into a DTB. This is a creature similar to Dark Confidant, being that it's ability is a house but also offers a fair body for it's price. This will shine in thresh in certain not-so-good match-ups (like any Survival variant, some LftL) while not even scathing Threshold itself.

Nihil Credo
04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
There is also yet another graveyard hoser. A two-mana 2/1 black uncommon with "Cards in graveyards lose all abilities". Because, you know, it wasn't enough to have Leyline of the Void, Tormod's Crypt, and Loaming Shaman available in all constructed formats (except Block).

edit: Sarnath'd.

Oh, and while we're at it, there's a Jesus card I made a few years ago:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3269/jsogah1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Solpugid
04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
On the "plus side", this is one grave hoser that doesn't effect threshold! Yeah Thresh!

But I just got my fourth loam:mad:

Xenocide
04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Yixlid Jailer 1B
Creature - Zombie Wizard
2/1
HOLY CRAPPING SHIT! This card better be fake or I'll cry. Seriously... it hoses Ichorid, Loam varients (especially Terrageddon), Survival (um, they can pay two mana to make me lose all Squees and Incarnations?... Guess it should be renamed 'Survival Selection' as it loses all card advantage), all Flashback, and probably a ton of stuff I'm missing.

I think you are over exaggerating this cards usefulness, esp. in the survival match-up (crypt is way better against them anyway, and against a savvy opponent it proves little more than a roadblock). As for the other match-ups it shouldn't be hard to deal with an x/1, and even if it isn't, who plays ichorid anyway? Ichorid and Loam variants aren't widely enough played for this to be main deck material, esp. since this card is trash vs. thresh, solidarity, and goblins.

iOWN
04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
I think you are over exaggerating this cards usefulness, esp. in the survival match-up (crypt is way better against them anyway, and against a savvy opponent it proves little more than a roadblock). As for the other match-ups it shouldn't be hard to deal with an x/1, and even if it isn't, who plays ichorid anyway? Ichorid and Loam variants aren't widely enough played for this to be main deck material, esp. since this card is trash vs. thresh, solidarity, and goblins.

Well, against Solidarity it cuts off a whole path of combo (the large flashback'd Insight path). Loam Variants* are actually pretty common and you can expect to see a good number at GP Philly. Ichorid, although rarely played, is completely hosed by this card to the point of unviability (against other hate it can Pithing Needle or Ground Seal, but against this? They'll have to be playing Darkblast).

You're correct that Survival running red/black can deal with it as long as there's a creature in hand (FTK, Bonesplitter) but any variant that doesn't will get screwed over. Having to wait to draw into a noncreature card to get rid of hate sucks, and is the reason Pithing Needle presents any kind of problem to it. Also realize that without Genesis recurring your creatures, Threshold can counter the creatures that would kill Jailer to the land of no return. While all of this is happening, Survival is creating disadvantage for itself and has to go straight, easy to disrupt, beatdown and Thresh is swinging away with 3/3's and 4/4's and 2/1's.

*Now for Loam to survive against Hate.dec it will need to run both Burning Wish against Extirpate and Barbarian Ring to get rid of that creature.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Ichorid, although rarely played, is completely hosed by this card to the point of unviability (against other hate it can Pithing Needle or Ground Seal, but against this? They'll have to be playing Darkblast).

Ichorid will play darkblast anyway due to a certain 1/1 goblin. I like the card, but x/1 is easy to deal with.

Nihil Credo
04-08-2007, 12:57 PM
The card as rumoured would make Darkblast lose Dredge. Therefore they need to have Darkblast in hand, or topdeck it, in order to deal with this particular 2/1.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Which is not that hard to do once you know what you're playing against. Is Kataki making affinity unviable? I don't think so.

iOWN
04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Which is not that hard to do once you know what you're playing against. Is Kataki making affinity unviable? I don't think so.

It's more like Null Rod to the graveyard, which is remarkably different. Sure, it's a creature, but Null Rod on a 2/1 Myr for 2 mana would perhaps see more play than Null Rod itself.

If this card forces Ichorid to play itself slowly, I'd say it would be because it's because the Ichorid player knows that they're screwed. If they drop this card midgame, you cannot Dredge for many turns as you draw cantrips that are near impossible to use and pretty much have to topdeck Darkblast, while they drop more threats and swing away. And when backed by the counter backup that Threshold or Fish would be running it with, the Ichorid player is completely defenseless.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 03:37 PM
If this card forces Ichorid to play itself slowly, I'd say it would be because it's because the Ichorid player knows that they're screwed. If they drop this card midgame, you cannot Dredge for many turns as you draw cantrips that are near impossible to use and pretty much have to topdeck Darkblast, while they drop more threats and swing away. And when backed by the counter backup that Threshold or Fish would be running it with, the Ichorid player is completely defenseless.

Why would Fish/ Black thresh run this card? I adimit that the card is interesting and possibly be very good, but I don't think it warrants huge hype like this. 2 mana black graveyard hoser already has some stiff competetion, like Withered Wretch.

iOWN
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Why would Fish/ Black thresh run this card? I adimit that the card is interesting and possibly be very good, but I don't think it warrants huge hype like this. 2 mana black graveyard hoser already has some stiff competetion, like Withered Wretch.

Withered Wretch costs two black to play, which is tough in a tricolor deck, and has an ability so mana intensive that even if it only costed 1B Fish/Gro wouldn't want to play it. You can drop this turn two, but continue to have mana open for Counterspells, cantrips, or use the mana curve to your advantage and lay 1 to 2 more threats. Sure, the two cards' abilities are different, and this can't really deal with Reanimator or graveyard-based combo*, but it serves it's purpose of being a mana-efficient, cost-efficient, one-sided 'yard hoser.

*Neither of which are particularly threatening match-ups.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Sure, the two cards' abilities are different, and this can't really deal with Reanimator or graveyard-based combo, but it serves it's purpose of being a mana-efficient, cost-efficient, one-sided 'yard hoser.

The things that it hoses are limited. It hoses:

Flashback
Incarnations
Ichoridlike creatures
Dredge

And this is how many playable cards in legacy?
It does not warrant a spot in any prexisting archtype.

iOWN
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
The things that it hoses are limited. It hoses:

Flashback
Incarnations
Ichoridlike creatures
Dredge

And this is how many playable cards in legacy?
It does not warrant a spot in any prexisting archtype.

It also hoses graveyard triggers (that trigger from the card itself being put into a graveyard).

Decks that utilize the graveyard that this does not hose:

- Eternal Garden, except it still shuts off loam
- Reanimator
- IGGy Pop, which loses to Thresh and Fish
- TES, which gets around graveyard hate anyhow

Decks that this does hose:

- Every single other Loam variant (which is very meaningful, since Loam gets around most other hate and is immune to counterspells, is now an ATW)
- Survival decks (most of which tend to beat Thresh and the like, also an ATW)
- Ichorid
- Salvager Game
- Flashback? Off the top of my head, Ubermadness uses some, and Cabal Therapy can be considered the most relevant disruption spell in the format
- Every single Confinement deck? Yeah. Nah, there's always Confinement-Oath of Lim-Dul

and others that I'm probably missing.

Individual cards it hoses:

- Cabal Therapy, Recoup, Flashback
- Squee/Krovikan Horror
- Genesis, other incarnations
- Life from the Loam, dredge
- Ichorid, Ashen Ghoul, Akuta
- Academy Rector
- Gamekeeper
- indirectly hoses Solitary Confinement

Some of those cards play a big role in legacy, so yeah, I'd say his hosing ability is relevant.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Individual cards it hoses:

- Cabal Therapy, Recoup, Flashback
- Squee/Krovikan Horror
- Genesis, other incarnations
- Life from the Loam, dredge
- Ichorid, Ashen Ghoul, Akuta
- Academy Rector
- Gamekeeper
- indirectly hoses Solitary Confinement

Some of those cards play a big role in legacy, so yeah, I'd say his hosing ability is relevant.

The decks that you list here is not a major decks that warrants an answer(with possible exception of survival). None of the decks that runs the card will single handedly fold to a 2/1 creature. Wretch or Mage does simmillar things and no one goes 'OMFG this better not be true!'

Gamekeeper decks tend to run Innoscent blood or other boardsweepers, and decks that runs incarnations(namely survival) can always search up the answer for it(especially when it is 2/1). Isn't confinment deck supposed to be a control decks? I have not heard of a control deck that folds to a targetable 2/1. So what does it ruin? Ichorid? Which is close to extinct in the format anyway? The card still can be theraphyed or unmasked if needed.

As I said before, I like the card and find it interesting, but it is not the card that deserves reaction like yours.

iOWN
04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
The decks that you list here is not a major decks that warrants an answer(with possible exception of survival). None of the decks that runs the card will single handedly fold to a 2/1 creature. Wretch or Mage does simmillar things and no one goes 'OMFG this better not be true!'

Gamekeeper decks tend to run Innoscent blood or other boardsweepers, and decks that runs incarnations(namely survival) can always search up the answer for it(especially when it is 2/1). Isn't confinment deck supposed to be a control decks? I have not heard of a control deck that folds to a targetable 2/1. So what does it ruin? Ichorid? Which is close to extinct in the format anyway? The card still can be theraphyed or unmasked if needed.

As I said before, I like the card and find it interesting, but it is not the card that deserves reaction like yours.

You're missing my point. Who cares if it doesn't singlehandedly shut down a shitload of decks? That's the reason I said I can see it being a strong creature in Threshold and Fish. Obviously most decks will have an 'answer' to it, but both decks run enough creatures for Jailer to have already done its job.

For Loam Confinement to get through him once he hits, they have to be able to remove it while winning counterwars, meanwhile their main source of card advantage has been severed, and you'll be fixing your hand and board position (in Fish, you can even just get a Mother down to protect it as a win condition). That's the toughest scenario to make it work. Against Survival, you simply need one or two counters after Yixlid Jailer comes down, and then only shoot down the big threats or FTKs. While all that's happening, you're beefing up your thresh creatures or stabilizing your board position. And, against Gamekeeper, you just have to make sure they don't disrupt your early turns. After that, lay Yixlid Jailer along with another creature and the have to set their combo up with a limited number of (counterable) tutors, to find a (removable) Salvagers, and draw their way into LED. By then, you just have to sculp a hand that can stand up to a single spell on the opponents side, and swing away with a 2/1 and whatever else. In a GP enviroment, you can expect a fair percentage of Loam-Control decks, which I believe mostly have good farings against Gro/Fishesque builds.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
You're missing my point. Who cares if it doesn't singlehandedly shut down a shitload of decks? That's the reason I said I can see it being a strong creature in Threshold and Fish. Obviously most decks will have an 'answer' to it, but both decks run enough creatures for Jailer to have already done its job.

For Loam Confinement to get through him once he hits, they have to be able to remove it while winning counterwars, meanwhile their main source of card advantage has been severed, and you'll be fixing your hand and board position (in Fish, you can even just get a Mother down to protect it as a win condition). That's the toughest scenario to make it work. Against Survival, you simply need one or two counters after Yixlid Jailer comes down, and then only shoot down the big threats or FTKs. While all that's happening, you're beefing up your thresh creatures or stabilizing your board position. And, against Gamekeeper, you just have to make sure they don't disrupt your early turns. After that, lay Yixlid Jailer along with another creature and the have to set their combo up with a limited number of (counterable) tutors, to find a (removable) Salvagers, and draw their way into LED. By then, you just have to sculp a hand that can stand up to a single spell on the opponents side, and swing away with a 2/1 and whatever else. In a GP enviroment, you can expect a fair percentage of Loam-Control decks, which I believe mostly have good farings against Gro/Fishesque builds.

So what are you going to to drop for 2/1s that kills tier 1.5 decks at best?

MattH
04-08-2007, 07:10 PM
It does make Yawgmoth's Will useless in Vintage though.

C.P.
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM

Wait, I have a rules question. Why does it hose the Will? Does it not say you can play cards in graveyards as though it was in hand? so Crusible is also hosed? How does this card work?

How about Kindle and AK?

TorpidNinja
04-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I thought that at first too. At second glance, playing the spell fromt the graveyard is not an ability of the card in the graveyard. It's not like Will says, "all cards in the graveyard have etc..."

Obfuscate Freely
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Yixlid Jailer 1B

Creature - Zombie Wizard
2/1
Uncommon
93/180

HOLY CRAPPING SHIT! ...etc. etc.

Alright, you need to calm down and stop overreacting right now. This card will hardly see play in Legacy, and will join the ranks of every other effective-but-narrow hoser card that simply doesn't have enough applications among the top tier. That's it.

Being a 2/1 for 1B doesn't help the cards playability any, either. Legacy is a very unfriendly format for 2/1 creatures, and the fact that the card will be strictly worse than Grizzly Bears in most matchups (read: Goblins), means it will not see maindeck play. Seriously, it is absurd to think that Fish or ******** will try to make room for such an underwhelming card in their maindecks.

Legacy players should certainly be aware of this card, since it could theoretically be useful as a sideboard tool in some metagames, or if something like Loam becomes infinitely more popular than it is now. However, that doesn't mean it warrants such unreasonable hype.

Solpugid
04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
If loam decks become more popular, then extirpate will come out to play, not this card. I mean, loam decks run removal (like swords, barbarian ring, etc.) but rarely have a counterbalance or willbender in play to prevent extirpate from wrecking them (though I suppose you have to consider burning wish with extirpate).

BreathWeapon
04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
I thought that at first too. At second glance, playing the spell fromt the graveyard is not an ability of the card in the graveyard. It's not like Will says, "all cards in the graveyard have etc..."

It doesn't affect Sins of the Past or Yawgmoth's Will, it does affect Recoup tho', so it isn't worthless against Gifts Ungiven.

This is rumored on SCG

Disrupter's Pact 0

Instant

Disrupter's Pact is Blue

Counter target spell

Pay 1UU on your next upkeep or lose the game.

Edit: Correction, all of the Pacts make you pay on your next upkeep, so this is a really, really good free counter in Standard and Extended, as well as possibly some sort of Legacy deck resolving a bomb on turn 3 (Show and Tell???)

Hummingbird TG
04-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Someone wanted to make combo much, much better, if that thing were real...

kicks_422
04-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Truthery.

That would be such a huge addition to combo, with a protection package alongside Xantid Swarm.

BreathWeapon
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
It's good in T1 in all combo, but in T1.5 it needs a deck like Belcher, otherwise it's a card that could lose the game if the opponent wins the counter war, making Duress a better choice (unless the deck needs the blue cards to support Force of Will). Goldfishing on turn 1 or turn 2 with out Ill Gotten Gains is a hard thing to do in this format, perhaps there is a slower, non-Ill Gotten Gains based Tendrils deck that could make use of this.

Edit: It also works in High Tide as a superior Force of Will when going off and a counter that forces the deck to skip turn 4.

Pinder
04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I can pretty much see this thing being incredible in Solidarity.

'Tell you what, I'll counter your spell, deck you, and then not pay 1UU during that turn I'm not taking because of Meditate. G fucking G.'

edit: On that thought, if you do play this and skip your next turn with Meditate, do you still have to pay 1UU during your next turn after that or does skipping that turn essentially negate the drawback entirely?

Oh, and preview cards have finally started:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/making/mr274_ssrerlmack.jpg

So, Transfigure is kind of like Transmute that sucks. w00t. I wonder if all of the new keywords are just variations of old keywords (Gravestorm, etc.)?

Some good news, though. From the article:

Is this what the frames are going to look like in the future? Are they changing again? Should you start putting together the angry letters? No, no, and heavens no. We felt that each incarnation of the timeshifted cards should have a distinctive look. Because Future Sight's timeshifted cards are from the FUTURE (dramatic music) we wanted them to have a futuristic look, so we made a futuristic frame. But have no fear, we have no plans to change the frames.

This is heartening. Of course:

You see, Fleshwrither is the only card with transfigure in Future Sight.

This probably means that anything cool they do will only be on one card, and there will be tons of individual lameness.

From the other article:
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/398_yyurwy8fhdlskld65mzxc.jpg

Hrm. Sorta like Remand, only more expensive and with a body. Seems interesting, to say the least. with how powerful Remand is in Standard, I can see this guy getting a fair amount of play. On second thought, he's kind of like a Legendary Mystic Snake....

Also, judging from the banner at the top, will we finally get to see Magus of the Future and Akroma's Memorial this week?

BreathWeapon
04-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Fleshwrither is either a limited card or a combo card, there could be something there with Eternal Witness. Venser is a bounce spell that can be Living Wished, not certain how that's relevant, but it could be useful at some point.

Pinder
04-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Venser is a bounce spell that can be Living Wished, not certain how that's relevant, but it could be useful at some point.

He can also be Survival'd for, but I'm not sure if that makes him any better than Tradewind Riders. Of course, when he also doubles as Mystic Snake, you might have something.

Peter_Rotten
04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Wow, Fleshwrither could find Juzam! Or Masticore, FtK, or Baloth. You could play him in a Survival deck so that he could search out your much better creatures. Woot-not-really.

I'm more interested in the new Scry cards. They are almost good.

Mystic Speculation - U
Sorcery
Buyback
Scry 3

Foresee - 3U
Sorcery
Scry 4, then draw two cards.

Judge Unworthy - 1W
Instant
Choose target attacking or blocking creature, Scry 3, then reveal the top card of your library.
Judge Unworthy deals damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to that creature. Judge Unworthy might be playable in any IBA deck, but not likely.

dahcmai
04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I sincerely hope this one posted on Star city is a joke. I think it is fake actually, but it's a scary thought.

disrupters pact

instant

disrupters pact is blue

counter target spell

pay 1UU at beginning of next upkeep or you lose

Nightmare
04-09-2007, 11:40 AM
I sincerely hope this one posted on Star city is a joke. I think it is fake actually, but it's a scary thought.

disrupters pact
instant
disrupters pact is blue
counter target spell
pay 1UU at beginning of next upkeep or you loseThat's not really that scary. No more so than Force of Will. I expect that to be real, as it costs the same as Cancel, effectively, but taps you out on turn 4, as opposed to turn 3. In Standard, it allows you to play Compulsive Research turn 3 without fear of an opponent's 3 Drop, and is one of the fairest ways to make a "free" counter I've ever seen. Also, it can't be "hardcast" like Force of Will, making it worse in the lategame. It's definately not a Turn 0 counter, nor is it a turn 1 or 2 counter, really.

Alfred
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
That's not really that scary. No more so than Force of Will. I expect that to be real, as it costs the same as Cancel, effectively, but taps you out on turn 4, as opposed to turn 3. In Standard, it allows you to play Compulsive Research turn 3 without fear of an opponent's 3 Drop, and is one of the fairest ways to make a "free" counter I've ever seen. Also, it can't be "hardcast" like Force of Will, making it worse in the lategame. It's definately not a Turn 0 counter, nor is it a turn 1 or 2 counter, really.

It does function like a better Force of Will in combo decks though.

What do people think about the new ping land?

Keldon Megaliths
Land
Keldon Megaliths comes into play tapped.
T: Add R to your mana pool
Hellbent - 1R, T: Keldon Megaliths deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Play this ability only if you have no cards in hand.

It does come into play tapped, and probably won't amount to anything in Legacy, but it does look nice in some of the newer formats as a sort of Cursed Scroll land.

dahcmai
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I can see that counter being used in Solidarity as a supplement to FOW. Since in all reality you won't need to pay that 1UU later since you can just win, it's more of an insurance card that doesn't need a blue card to go with it.

The bummer is I can't see it being used in much else other than maybe as tech in winning heavy counter wars.

As for that land, eh it if didn't come into play tapped, I'd love it. Red needs to be more agressive than that though. It's a thought for later I guess.

Eldariel
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
It does function like a better Force of Will in combo decks though.

Not in most combo-decks. Combo-decks usually use counters to deny their opponent's hate pieces, something this can't really do. Only thing it really does is counter opposing counters while going off, and for that purpose, there's already Misdirection. So no, I don't see it breaking any formats, but I think it'll be a welcome addition to the format nevertheless. I fear it more in Vintage with Pitch Long gleeing at the sight of a versatile counter (it's versatile in Vintage since there you tend to go off the same turn anyways, so counters are designed for the protection there in the first place. In Legacy, you use counters to stop hate while building up, which you can't do this time) that doesn't require a pitch.

What do people think about the new ping land?

Keldon Megaliths
Land
Keldon Megaliths comes into play tapped.
T: Add R to your mana pool
Hellbent - 1R, T: Keldon Megaliths deals 1 damage to target creature or player. Play this ability only if you have no cards in hand.

It does come into play tapped, and probably won't amount to anything in Legacy, but it does look nice in some of the newer formats as a sort of Cursed Scroll land.

Yea, I think that'll find some uses, although CiPT is classically the heftiest price you can pay for lands, especially on aggressive cards (and that's no Treetop Village). But yea, someone somewhere will play that succesfully in some Legacy-deck. Probably some pseudo-control.

sammiel
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
the free counter seems better than FoW in Solidarity for protecting your combo while you go off, but obviously worse when you are trying to stop an early hate piece.

looks good for standard but not so much for legacy.

Xero
04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I can pretty much see this thing being incredible in Solidarity.

'Tell you what, I'll counter your spell, deck you, and then not pay 1UU during that turn I'm not taking because of Meditate. G fucking G.'

I don't think this works, because the card (as currently rumored) makes you pay the 1UU during the next upkeep, not your next upkeep. I'm fairly certain that this card+ Mediate does not equal an awesome combo.

Bardo
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM

disrupters pact

instant

disrupters pact is blue

counter target spell

pay 1UU at beginning of next upkeep or you lose

Jesus, that's brilliant. I would definitely play two in my CSpell slots in Threshold.

Nightmare
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
It's basically been confirmed as a fake.

Bardo
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Eh, nothing gained, nothing lost then. I'm still down on CSpell.

Also, I first thought the new card frames looked like some Yu-Gi-Oh-looking bullshit, but I've become pretty enamored with them, the more I see them.

It's doubtful any more than one or two cards on the new frame are going to become Legacy staples, but I wouldn't mind having some in a deck of mine.

Lone Signal
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=72880

I like this guy.

Tarmogoyf
1G
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Tarmogoyf's power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards and it's toughness is equal to that number plus 1. (The card types are artifact, creature, [...]
*/1+*

Seems like a possible thresh guy, perhaps bear replacer.
Hm, just noticed it's ALL graveyards, so that'll make it even better than I originally thought.

Thoughts?

Xero
04-09-2007, 03:20 PM
The biggest this is likely to get is a 3/4, maybe 4/5. That's pretty good for a 1G, but I'm not sure its better then Werebear.

sammiel
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
since it also doesn't turn sideways for G, which is part of what makes werebear so good.

Alfred
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
The Green "mechanic" land has graft 1. I bet the white mechanic land has forcast.

BreathWeapon
04-09-2007, 04:06 PM
The biggest this is likely to get is a 3/4, maybe 4/5. That's pretty good for a 1G, but I'm not sure its better then Werebear.

Depends, Aggro-Loam could get it up to a 6/7 in short order if it's MDing an artifact.

Pinder
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah, but Aggro-Loam already has Terravore. I suppose this could supplement that, though.

Pinder
04-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Double post for bump.

So.......
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/serious/tf29_regitsthes.jpg
.....yeah.

I honestly can't tell if this will be any good or not. It's got a solid body and a nifty ability that could see many applications, but it might not be so great when the novelty wears off. I could see AS using this against combo, though.

'Wait, so, who were you targeting with those Brain Freezes? Don't look at me, I'm pro blue. So this is what Piledriver feels like.....'

scrumdogg
04-10-2007, 12:30 AM
The Tiger looks awesome but 4 mana, inc. double white, it won't be fast enough versus fast combo (IGGy, TES, etc) & can be countered so Solidarity, after drawing their entire deck, sideboard & a spare binder or two, just FoWs or Remands it. Looks to be a set full of deckbuilding challenges, though, which will be a lot of fun for the mad scientists in the format.

Pinder
04-10-2007, 12:47 AM
Looks to be a set full of deckbuilding challenges, though, which will be a lot of fun for the mad scientists in the format.

QFT. I'm going to have a ton of fun with Karakas and Venser :D.

Tacosnape
04-10-2007, 04:09 AM
Wow. I just now read "Slivercycling." Slivers are going too far. Pinder, this is all your fault for representing the Sliver-loving masses.:tongue:

In fact, Let's just print Something called "Zomg Sliver" with the following abilities.

All Slivers have Sliverwalk (Unblockable if defending player controls a Sliver.)
All Slivers have Sliver Strike (Slivers deal combat damage a number of times in combat equal to the number of attacking Slivers)
All Slivers have Slivermorph (You can play it as a Face-Down 2/2 Sliver for 3.)
All Slivers have Scry Sliver (Scry a number of cards equal to the number of Slivers in play.)
All Slivers have Bushido Sliver (Like above, but with Bushido instead of Scry)
All Slivers have "Sacrifice this: Counter target spell or ability with the word "All" in it.

And follow it with Crucible Sliver, which lets you play Slivers from your graveyard as though they were in your hand.

Oh, and let's not forget, Steroid Sliver. Which has the ever cumulative and confusing ability "All slivers have "All slivers have "All slivers get +1/+1 for each Sliver in play."""" Therefore, if you have four Steroid Slivers in play, you can swing for over a thousand.

Nightmare
04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
One more Tiger for the Global collection!

solidarity!
04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
bitter ordeal
Sorcery 2B
Search target player's library for a card and remove that card from the game.Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Gravestorm (When you play this spell, copy it for each permanent put into a graveyard from play this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

This card is pretty good with second sunrise(the egg deck)you can just remove the players whole deck!

Nightmare
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
The two new card types are:

Planeswalker

and

Tribal Enchantment

The example of the Tribal Enchantment is:

Bound in Silence

Tribal Enchantment-Rebel Aura (Timeshifted)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block
'A fight put off forever is already won.'
20/180
Uncommon

Cait_Sith
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I was hoping they would bring back World Enchantments. It will be interesting for a Rebel deck to have a tutorable Pacifism. Planewalker, on the other hand, kinda scares me. After all this future stuff I want the old borders back. Now.

mikekelley
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
The art on that cat is fucking atrocious. What happened to paint and canvas art? This digital shit is awful.

Lone Signal
04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
The art on that cat is fucking atrocious. What happened to paint and canvas art? This digital shit is awful.Digital is the future.

Pinder
04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
The two new card types are:

Planeswalker

and

Tribal Enchantment

The example of the Tribal Enchantment is:

Bound in Silence

Tribal Enchantment-Rebel Aura (Timeshifted)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block
'A fight put off forever is already won.'
20/180
Uncommon

Huh....this leads me to strongly believe that we're going to see noncreature slivers at some point. Might add some resilience against Wrath....

tivadar
04-10-2007, 10:49 AM
AS won't come anywhere near Seht's Tiger. I mean, come on, granted, it's at instant speed, but True Believer costs a heck of a lot less and they don't play it (for good reasons). If this card had split second (even if it was a 2/2), then yes, AS would be all over it (though soldarity could still remand their own freeze). The way it is now, not so much.

Nightmare
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
The art on that cat is fucking atrocious. What happened to paint and canvas art? This digital shit is awful.What makes you think its digital?

Cait_Sith
04-10-2007, 12:03 PM
What makes you think its digital?

Because we all pray that no one can paint that... "oddly".

Nightmare
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Because we all pray that no one can paint that... "oddly".You mean using vibrant colors and stiff lighting contrasts to give the image the appearance of reality? Surely, no one getting paid for their artistic talent could accomplish such a feat.

Cait_Sith
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
You mean using vibrant colors and stiff lighting contrasts to give the image the appearance of reality? Surely, no one getting paid for their artistic talent could accomplish such a feat.

I am tempted to chalk that up to the fact you just plain hate me, but to elaborate:

Look at the tiger's paws: the body is clearly traveling from the left to the right, but the head is cocked away from the direction of travel toward you, with the eyes trailing to the bottom left, where the tiger came from. Also, notice the paws are angled down. Why would they be like that? Its like looking at a magic levitating tiger instead of a fierce and sacred beast.

C.P.
04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
As a person who study art myself, I can tell you it can be done without computer. It is a horrible art nonetheless, even more so because of the horrible card frame.

Nightmare
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I am tempted to chalk that up to the fact you just plain hate me, but to elaborate:

Look at the tiger's paws: the body is clearly traveling from the left to the right, but the head is cocked away from the direction of travel toward you, with the eyes trailing to the bottom left, where the tiger came from. Also, notice the paws are angled down. Why would they be like that? Its like looking at a magic levitating tiger instead of a fierce and sacred beast.I don't hate you. We've been over this.

Look, regardless of whether or not the Tiger looks real, that isn't my point. The fact that it's bright and shiney (OMG, Bubble Boy reference) doesn't automatically mean it's a digitally rendered image.

Tacosnape
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Look at the tiger's paws: the body is clearly traveling from the left to the right, but the head is cocked away from the direction of travel toward you, with the eyes trailing to the bottom left, where the tiger came from. Also, notice the paws are angled down. Why would they be like that? Its like looking at a magic levitating tiger instead of a fierce and sacred beast.

Seht's Tiger looks very ADD, actually. It's as if it was pouncing on some gazelle that's off the card to the right somewhere and mid-soar the Tiger looked back and was like, "Oh look! A bowl of Fruit Loops!"

EDIT: Seht's Tiger is also female. Seht's Tiger is an anagram of "The Tigress."

Zach Tartell
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
So, are these new tribal enchantments a new super type? Is that even the right word? For example, I have the new 'vore out, and a normal enchantment and tribal enchantment in my graveyard. Will the new 'vore count a tribal enchantment as a +1/+1 in addition to the normal enchantment? Or will he only get +1/+1, because they're both enchantments. Same with legendary Creatures and normal creatures.

Cait_Sith
04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't hate you. We've been over this.

Look, regardless of whether or not the Tiger looks real, that isn't my point. The fact that it's bright and shiney (OMG, Bubble Boy reference) doesn't automatically mean it's a digitally rendered image.

I don't recall us having been actually, but thats for PMs.

It really doesn't look digital, I think the problem is the print process and border with the new cards (or possibly the scans). If you check out other cards they look heavily digitized despite the fact they obviously are not.

For example:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45284&d=1175839188

and

http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/DIS/en-us/Card97094.jpg

Are done by the same artist. The top looks heavily digitized, but the bottom looks fairly normal. I think this may actually be on purpose.

KillemallCFH
04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
bitter ordeal
Sorcery 2B
Search target player's library for a card and remove that card from the game.Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Gravestorm (When you play this spell, copy it for each permanent put into a graveyard from play this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

This card is pretty good with second sunrise(the egg deck)you can just remove the players whole deck!Yeah, I was very excited when I saw the Gravestorm mechanic. This card acts as a pretty subpar win condition (With a gravestorm of 50, you should definately win anyways), but I suppose it could be used as an alternate win con. I am very hopeful that they will make more Gravestorm cards, for I can think of no deck better than Eggs to abuse it.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
It looks strongly as if Tribal and Planeswalker are new cardtypes entirely. Which I find somewhat exciting, as it's not something that's been done since Alpha.

tivadar
04-10-2007, 05:10 PM
It looks strongly as if Tribal and Planeswalker are new cardtypes entirely. Which I find somewhat exciting, as it's not something that's been done since Alpha.

I find it somewhat annoying. Has it really gotten to the point that they need to add new cardtypes in order to make the game still fun? Wasn't new mechanics enough? And one last thing, WHERE IS MY BANDING!!!???

On another note:

Witch's Mist 2b
Enchantment (TS) U

2{B}, {T}: Destroy target creature that was dealt damage this turn.

Yes, I'll just tap this here enchantment to... HEY WAIT! Is this something new, or is the list I'm looking at just a bit confused on its cards?

C.P.
04-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I find it somewhat annoying. Has it really gotten to the point that they need to add new cardtypes in order to make the game still fun? Wasn't new mechanics enough? And one last thing, WHERE IS MY BANDING!!!???

On another note:

Witch's Mist 2b
Enchantment (TS) U

2{B}, {T}: Destroy target creature that was dealt damage this turn.

Yes, I'll just tap this here enchantment to... HEY WAIT! Is this something new, or is the list I'm looking at just a bit confused on its cards?

I don't like the idea of an enchantment being tapped. Oh well.

Peter_Rotten
04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I find it somewhat annoying.

I don't like the idea of an enchantment being tapped. Oh well.

I don't like ideas. Period. They're annoying and WotC should stop having them.

Sheesh. What a bunch of cranky grandmas.

C.P.
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't like ideas. Period. They're annoying and WotC should stop having them.

Sheesh. What a bunch of cranky grandmas.

I think new ideas should still make the game feel the same old magic. Today they tap enchantment and print ugly new border, and tomorrow they might print Blue Eyes White Dragon that comes down for free and attack creatures for no reason. Funky, eh?

I think they are pushing things a bit here.

Eldariel
04-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Pushing things is good. At least nobody can blame them for the lack of innovation in FS (the song I've been hearing for the last half a year). God, can't people be happy for once! It's not like they're making Urza's all over again, or even Mirrodin for that matter!

mikekelley
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Making Urza's Saga all over again would make me cream my pants. It's been too long since anything broken has come along. I love controversy. More Tolarian Academy please.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I think new ideas should still make the game feel the same old magic. Today they tap enchantment and print ugly new border, and tomorrow they might print Blue Eyes White Dragon that comes down for free and attack creatures for no reason. Funky, eh?

I think they are pushing things a bit here.

This is a slippery slope fallacy. It's not even a good one. You're suggesting that,

1) Magic is becoming less like Magic and more like YuGiOh.
2) YuGiOh sucks.
3) Therefore, Magic is going to start sucking.

But there's a number of basic flaws with this. One, you have to demonstrate why YuGiOh sucks (the strategy of the game is less complex and more luck-based). Then you have to demonstrate that the specific elements that are changing are going to be the elements that make YuGiOh suck (do additional mechanics and areas of exploration make the game less complex? Obviously not).

Of course, you don't even get that far because the changes aren't particularly like YuGiOh at all.

If the only reason a change is bad is because it's a change, you've lost the argument.

Clark Kant
04-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow. I just now read "Slivercycling." Slivers are going too far. Pinder, this is all your fault for representing the Sliver-loving masses.:tongue:

In fact, Let's just print Something called "Zomg Sliver" with the following abilities.

All Slivers have Sliverwalk (Unblockable if defending player controls a Sliver.)
All Slivers have Sliver Strike (Slivers deal combat damage a number of times in combat equal to the number of attacking Slivers)
All Slivers have Slivermorph (You can play it as a Face-Down 2/2 Sliver for 3.)
All Slivers have Scry Sliver (Scry a number of cards equal to the number of Slivers in play.)
All Slivers have Bushido Sliver (Like above, but with Bushido instead of Scry)
All Slivers have "Sacrifice this: Counter target spell or ability with the word "All" in it.

And follow it with Crucible Sliver, which lets you play Slivers from your graveyard as though they were in your hand.

Oh, and let's not forget, Steroid Sliver. Which has the ever cumulative and confusing ability "All slivers have "All slivers have "All slivers get +1/+1 for each Sliver in play."""" Therefore, if you have four Steroid Slivers in play, you can swing for over a thousand.

ZOMG!!!

Lol, I love the card. I hope the next time Wizards feels like mixing up the game, they print that card rather than making a whole new card type Tribal, when it should've just been a supertype.

C.P.
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
This is a slippery slope fallacy. It's not even a good one. You're suggesting that,

1) Magic is becoming less like Magic and more like YuGiOh.
2) YuGiOh sucks.
3) Therefore, Magic is going to start sucking.

But there's a number of basic flaws with this. One, you have to demonstrate why YuGiOh sucks (the strategy of the game is less complex and more luck-based). Then you have to demonstrate that the specific elements that are changing are going to be the elements that make YuGiOh suck (do additional mechanics and areas of exploration make the game less complex? Obviously not).

Of course, you don't even get that far because the changes aren't particularly like YuGiOh at all.

If the only reason a change is bad is because it's a change, you've lost the argument.

I'm trying to say that magic is going to be something that's not magic. YuGiOh comparison is there to symbolize something that is not magic.

I'm not implying that magic is superior to other games. All I'm saying is that what makes magic magic is slowly changing and the whole 'magic' feeling is falling apart. I felt like this since the 8th addition frame change. Now they come up with two new borders(one of them looks nothing like current magic) and tapping enchantment (I don't know where, but I remember an article that said enchantments does not tap for a flavour reason).

How far will they go? Maybe they really will print a set that entire game feels like something else. Like SupercrappyKamigawa(which sucked in terms of flavour. You call that ninja and samurai?)

SpatulaOfTheAges
04-10-2007, 10:04 PM
What exactly was wrong with the flavor of Kawigama block?

C.P.
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
What exactly was wrong with the flavor of Kawigama block?

Same problem as Disney's Mulan. I say do it right, or Don't do it. P3K was Ok, at least.

EDIT: I guess I'll have to specify it. Art, namely.

It also feel like it just materialized what wizards think about Japan, not the actual image of japan, but I guess I don't get to say much on that since I'm not japanese.

Zach Tartell
04-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I will pay anyone who names their next child after a Kamigawa Spirit of my choice one thousand dollars.

Arishi the Sky Asunder Barnello. Priceless.

C.P.
04-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I will pay anyone who names their next child after a Kamigawa Spirit of my choice one thousand dollars.

Kiki Jiki the Mirror Breaker Lee is my future Son's name. Awesome.

Peter_Rotten
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Like SupercrappyKamigawa(which sucked in terms of flavour. You call that ninja and samurai?)

Add a little salt and ketchup. Yum, yum. The flavor is fine.

Actually, I think the Kamigawa's flavor was the only thing I liked about the block. Almost every card sucked for Legacy - except one, which is almost too powerful.

Zach Tartell
04-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Actually, I think the Kamigawa's flavor was the only thing I liked about the block. Almost every card sucked for Legacy - except one, which is almost too powerful.

Ismaru? Kikki? Ghostly Prison? Care to specify?

C.P.
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Add a little salt and ketchup. Yum, yum. The flavor is fine.

There is Isamaru and Jitte as well( I take that you mean the needle for your card), so the set wasn't that crappy on that.

If you connect the whole set to the Magic itself, I have to question why bushido was the ability that tiger or ape(well, rampage is crappy bushido) traditionaly had. And how is splice actually Japan?

Horsemanship sucked for the rest of the game, but at least it was flavorful, and the art and mechanic made good scence with the original novel.

Barook
04-11-2007, 07:42 AM

i don't think that 1000$ are worth it to be killed by your child as soon as it can grab a weapon.

Horsemanship sucked for the rest of the game, but at least it was flavorful
it was flavorful - however, this flavor was ruined when wizards made the portal-sets tournament legal. it doesn't make sense that flying creatures can't block creatures who are riding the Dilu Horse. :confused:

Nightmare
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Zach - You're on. Arashi the Sky Asunder is one of the most badass names ever printed in Magic. I got in a fight the other day with my gf, because I said if we have a son I want to name him Switchblade Danger Barnello. I figure, sure, he'll get picked on when hes a kid. But if I can guarantee he gets a ton of vag in college based on his name alone, why wouldn't I? It didn't go over well.

Peter_Rotten
04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I have a friend who tried to convince his wife to name their first son Dalton. She agreed, but did not realize the full extent of Dalton's awesomeness. (http://www.impawards.com/1989/posters/road_house.jpg)

And BTW, I just accidently hit ctrl+. WOW! I didn't know that that function makes the screen bigger! That will great for when I'm surfing for, um, Shakespeare.

And also, BTW, I was referring to Jitte being almost too powerful. Needle seems like a perfect "good" card. The Hound can take a big dump. 2/2 for W = whuppity-doo in my book.

tivadar
04-11-2007, 10:23 AM
So does anyone know why ALL of the spellshapers except the white one are 1/1's for 1 mana, while the white one is a 2/2 for 4? Seems like a bit of a shaft to me...

P.S. The blue one hasn't been revealed yet so far as I know, but come on, even the artifact is a 1/1 for 1!

Pinder
04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
So does anyone know why ALL of the spellshapers except the white one are 1/1's for 1 mana, while the white one is a 2/2 for 4? Seems like a bit of a shaft to me...

P.S. The blue one hasn't been revealed yet so far as I know, but come on, even the artifact is a 1/1 for 1!

I dunno, but I really hope the artifact one is a sliver...really.

And Switchblade Danger Barnello is perhaps the coolest name I've ever heard. I can't believe she didn't go for that.

C.P.
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
I dunno, but I really hope the artifact one is a sliver...really.

And Switchblade Danger Barnello is perhaps the coolest name I've ever heard. I can't believe she didn't go for that.

Hey Pinder, I don't know what your last name is, but make sure name you son Crystaline Sliver.

EDIT: Your Daughter's name is Sinew Sliver.

Pinder
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey Pinder, I don't know what your last name is, but make sure name you son Crystaline Sliver.

EDIT: Your Daughter's name is Sinew Sliver.

Actually, based on my last name, my children's names will be:

Jack
Emcee
Balpine
Sledge
Claw <---- Arguably my favorite.

Although I could possibly go with Bogardan or Volcanic, I suppose :P Maybe 'Crystalline' and 'Sliver' as a double middle name.

C.P.
04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Maybe 'Crystalline' and 'Sliver' as a double middle name.

You win. I offer chunk of my soul as a price.

Anyone else giving their kids lame magic names?

EDIT: We might need a thread for this.

Pinder
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
You just wait until the world beholds 'Uncle Istvan Hammer'.

edit: And yeah, this should probably have a thread of its own, if only to keep this one from getting locked.

n00bas4urus_r3x
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I just figured I'd name my kids after the Weatherlight crew. First one of the gates is gonna be named Squee, thats for damn sure.

If I had to go with a Kamigawa block name, it'd deffinatly be Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens Johanson. Hawt.

SpatulaOfTheAges
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
False: no Magic players will ever have children.

Nightmare
04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
False: no Magic players will ever have children.Note that this does not apply to people with an active social life outside the realms of Fantasy games. Also, don't make a new thread. Let's instead end that conversation here. I already won the name contest. Fucking Switchblade Danger FTW.

Xero
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Fucking Switchblade Danger FTW.

I don't think "Fucking" is a good name for a child.

Anyways:

Nimbus Maze (Futureshifted)
Land
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool...
Tap: Add U to your mana pool. play this ability only if you control a Plains.
Tap: Add W to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control an Island.

It's like a better tainted land. Could be useful.

Nightmare
04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't think "Fucking" is a good name for a child.

Anyways:

Nimbus Maze (Futureshifted)
Land
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool...
Tap: Add U to your mana pool. play this ability only if you control a Plains.
Tap: Add W to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control an Island.

It's like a better tainted land. Could be useful.I'm kinda excited about the Nimbus Maze, although I doubt its a true cycle right now. Also, Fucking refers to what girls are going to be doing to my son, if for nothing else than the story.

iOWN
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Of the spellshaper cycle: The red one is a 1/1 for one that taps for R to make Spark Elementals, and the artifacts is a 1/1 (it may or may not be a sliver itself, if it is at least it's strictly better than Metallic :S) for one that taps for 1 to make 1/1 Slivers.

Volt
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Of the spellshaper cycle: The red one is a 1/1 for one that taps for R to make Spark Elementals, and the artifacts is a 1/1 (it may or may not be a sliver itself, if it is at least it's strictly better than Metallic :S) for one that taps for 1 to make 1/1 Slivers.

If Sliversmith is a sliver, it may crack the MeatHooks lineup. But I highly doubt it is.

TheDarkshineKnight
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm excited about a whole three cards! WHOO!

Go go go Magus of the Vineyard, Dakmor Salvage, and West Tolaria.

freakish777
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
One of my previous neighbors named their son Magnum. That's an awesome first name.

Here's some god-awful magic card names to name your kids after:

Angus Mackenzie
Bartel Runeaxe
Cromat
Helium Squirter
Ragamuffin (seriously if you named your daughter this you just know she'd be the filthiest whore ever)
etc

Here's some more interesting one:

Ishi-Ishi Akki Crackshot (all one name)
Cao-Cao
Ertai
Braids
Gleemax
Ib
Samite Healer (first middle)
Sex Appeal (first middle)
Purge
Psi Blast (first middle, female name)

C.P.
04-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Cao-Cao

Just to let you know, the name really did exist in history.

Pinder
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
If Sliversmith is a sliver, it may crack the MeatHooks lineup. But I highly doubt it is.

Yeah, making a colorless one-drop that is stictly better than Metallic Sliver doesn't seem like something they would do.

Of course, neither does an enchantment that taps.

Bane of the Living
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
What the hell are Planeswalkers gonna do? I hope to hell they arent gay. Can you guys imagine if they gave Goblins a tribal enchantment?

I like that new land with Dredge 2. It'll be good with SmallPox, Geddon, and Smokestack.

bigbear102
04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Nix
U
Counter target spell if no mana was spent to play it.

Is this card playable? It absolutely wrecks FoW obviously. It can stop all artifact acceleration. It does hit the new cards, but they aren't too good so far. It hits suspended cards too, but those haven't seen enough play in Legacy to worry about. It can counter storm copies.

It is an extremely interesting concept, what do you guys think? Any chance this guy will see play in Legacy?

Alfred
04-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Glittering Wish looks incredible. 5 color baby!

Lone Signal
04-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Hmm, what would be some targets for it?

The Lotus Eater
04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I think one of the more usefull things about Nix is that it stops CoTV at 0.

Also,

Glittering Wish - GW
Sorcery
Choose a multicolored card that you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it in your hand. Remove Glittering Wish from the game.

Ehh, I don't know, maybe some infinite mana storm combo deck revolving around casting one of these to fetch one in your sideboard, then using that card to fetch the original and back and forth.

I'm sure it has better uses, but that's just what I got off the top of my head.

Alfred
04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
This seems good in WGB Rock decks. Wishing for Deed, Loxodon Hierarch, Castigate, Grave Shell Scarab, Vindicate and Crime//Punishment seems great. It gives you access to a bunch of extremely relevant cards that you no longer have to maindeck.

Pinder
04-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Glittering Wish just looks amazing for things like Truffle Shuffle and Landstill. The fact that it can fetch any card type (excluding artifacts and lands (excluding Transguild Courier)) is just crazy. Like Alfred said, gettind Deed, Heirarch, Vindicate, etc with this thing is just crazy.

This doesn't look like a cycle, but I wonder if there's one that fetches monocolored cards? Although, that would just be crazy broken, most likely.

Alfred
04-12-2007, 12:46 AM
New Benalia
land
New Benalia comes into play tapped.
When New Benalia comes into play Scry 1
T: add W to your mana pool

Card 174 is suppossed to be a Land Creature (Dryad)
Card 180 is supposed to be a morph Land

Ghostflame 2R
It does 3 damage to a player or creature and is supposed to be colorles!

Snake Cult Initiation 3B
Enchantment-Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has poisonous 3

New Benalia seems good to me. Maybe not in this format though.

Di
04-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Glittering Wish looks awesome. Get Vindicate, Pernicious Deed, Heirarch, Hull Breach, whatever. I'm sure there will be some good stuff here.

Alfred
04-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Magus of the Moon 2R
Human Wizard
Nonbasic lands are Mountains
2/2

Magus of the Moat 2WW
Human Wizard
Creatures without Flying can't attack.
0/3

These are the new Maguses. Magus of the Moon looks incredible!

IndyTerminator
04-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Glittering Wish sounds like it might not be bad in Truffle Shuffle. It is always nice to have extra copies of Vindicate and Pernicious Deed,

iOWN
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Wow, the Maguses in this set are thousands of times better than in the past two sets, and Glittering Wish is exciting!

Aven Mindcensor
2w
Creature - Bird Wizard
Flash
Flying
If an opponent would search a library, that player searches the top four cards of that library instead.
2/1
Uncommon.

o_0

At first sight, pretty damned good. Fetchlands and tutors (Survival :O)? Against IGG, since they either have to Pit it or search for bounce, would it be better than Glowrider? And with flash, you can do it in response to a tutor?

Edit - And it only affects the opponent, so you don't even have to build carefully around it!

Pinder
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Aven Mindcensor
2w
Creature - Bird Wizard
Flash
Flying
If an opponent would search a library, that player searches the top four cards of that library instead.
2/1
Uncommon.

o_0

More like :O. That thing is just great. Being able to almost totally nerf fetchlands is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when you can play it in response to them fetching.

'Oh, you're mana screwed....better hope that land is in the top four.'

And the new Magi are hawt.

edit:

Lymph Sliver 4W
Creature - Sliver
All Sliver creatures have absorb 1. (If a source would deal damage to a Sliver creature, prevent 1 of that damage.)
3/3

Of course it costs five. Why couldn't they have made it like an 1/1 (or even 0/1) for W? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!!?!?!!?

n00bas4urus_r3x
04-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Damn. FS looks to actually have playable cards, not just the usual over-hyped wizards crap. I'm pumped

C.P.
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
The red magus is really hot. It might see some play in Sligh kind of decks.

Aven Mindcensor looks powerful, but what decks will play it? Thresh?

Di
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Magus of the Moon 2R
Human Wizard
Nonbasic lands are Mountains
2/2

Holy shit. This card practically breaks Survival. That is, non-4color Survival. But damn this guy is nuts. Blood Moon on a body? Sign me up.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Glittering Wish just looks amazing for things like Truffle Shuffle.

QFT. Vindicate, Deed, Hierarch, Scarab, Crime/Punishment, Culling Sun, Mortify, Putrefy, Gerrard's Verdict, Dueling Grounds... I'm going to be testing it out. Seems like a powerful option.

Alfred
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Ice Dart
UUU
Instant - Arcane
Ice Dart deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Scry 2.
Fateseal 2.
Common

Meh?

Not real.

TorpidNinja
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Um, holy shit:

Street Wraith - 3BB
Creature - Wraith (U) [FS]
Swampwalk
Cycling - Pay 2 life.
3/4

Fuck the body; "free" card drawing? You, sir, have a deal!

EDIT: Wait a damn second; doesn't this break them thar Dredge decks right open?

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for making every deck I play 56 cards, Wizards.

Vardaman
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
This set is starting to look a bit more interesting.

iOWN
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
More like :O. That thing is just great. Being able to almost totally nerf fetchlands is nothing to sneeze at. Especially when you can play it in response to them fetching.

Yeah, that wasn't a sneeze. It was more like a holy crapping shit but that couldn't come out because of the shock. I agree, and because it only hits your opponent, ... I'm playing it in Survival.

Dryad Arbor
Land Creature - Forest Dryad (U) [FS]
(Dryad Arbor isn't a spell, it's affected by summoning sickness, and has " Add to your mana pool".)
Dryad Arbor is green.
1/1

This is an interesting card, like a permanentmanland that almost comes into play tapped (but doesn't, so it can answer Lackey?) and can be easily removed. Either that, or it's like a 0-mana Llanowar Elves that doesn't let you play a land on the same turn as it.

Molten Disaster XRR
Sorcery R

Kicker {R} (You may pay an additional {R} as you play this spell.)
If the kicker cost was paid, Molten Disaster has split second. (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't play spells or activated abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Molten Disaster deals X damage to each creature without flying and each player.

Uncounterable mass removal...

Centaur Omenreader 3G
Snow Creature - Centaur Shaman (TS) U

As long as Centaur Omenreader is tapped, creature spells you play cost 2 less to play.

3/3

and an uber-warchief? Really, I like this Centaur. Green 5/3 FTW.

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Dryad Arbor
Land Creature - Forest Dryad (U) [FS]
(Dryad Arbor isn't a spell, it's affected by summoning sickness, and has " Add to your mana pool".)
Dryad Arbor is green.
1/1

This is an interesting card, like a permanentmanland that almost comes into play tapped (but doesn't, so it can answer Lackey?) and can be easily removed. Either that, or it's like a 0-mana Llanowar Elves that doesn't let you play a land on the same turn as it.And it dies to Wasteland. Not awesome.

Maldur Sven Vedukor
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
What may be a good toolbox for glittering wish?

iOWN
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
And it dies to Wasteland. Not awesome.

It's true that because it's both it dies to double the hate, but that doesn't make it not interesting. Unlike most lands, it can actually do something when you don't have anything to play. Granted, it likely won't see much play, but it could make for a nice utility land with Crucible or Loam.

Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Magus of the Moon

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/mana2.gifhttp://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/manar.gifCreature - Human Wizardhttp://mtgsalvation.com/images/spoiler/fs-R.gif

Nonbasic lands are Mountains.
2/2

Ouch >_<

Alfred
04-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Shouldn't Street Wraith have "play this only if you control a Swamp"? Otherwise this is an automatic 4 of in a LOT of decks.

Volt
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Magus of the Moon

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/mana2.gifhttp://forums.mtgsalvation.com/images/smilies/manar.gifCreature - Human Wizardhttp://mtgsalvation.com/images/spoiler/fs-R.gif

Nonbasic lands are Mountains.
2/2

Yeah, this guy is really good. He will definitely see play in Legacy. But it could be worse. Imagine if he were a goblin. :eek:

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Shouldn't Street Wraith have "play this only if you control a Swamp"? Otherwise this is an automatic 4 of in a LOT of decks.
You mean every deck. Why wouldn't you play 56 cards if you can?