PDA

View Full Version : Legacy in Albany, New York

Raider Bob
03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Ok so I have relocated to Albany for work related reasons. I am still trying to get Sunday Tournaments in Syracuse done and that may happen soon as I just heard back from the people I am in contact with.

I have a place on central Ave. in Albany New York that will allow me to hold a tournament there I just need to know if there is enough of a playerbase to book it every week or at all. It would be Saturday nights (5:30 - 11:00)the entry fee would be 5 or 10$ depending on the prize support wanted from the player base. Events would be sanctioned by the third week of the events. If you are in the Albany area and think this would be good for you or something you could suport weekly reply to the thread and if I have the support I will need to do this I will try and get it set up ASAP.

Watcher487
03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok so I have relocated to Albany for work related reasons. I am still trying to get Sunday Tournaments in Syracuse done and that may happen soon as I just heard back from the people I am in contact with.

I have a place on central Ave. in Albany New York that will allow me to hold a tournament there I just need to know if there is enough of a playerbase to book it every week or at all. It would be Saturday nights (5:30 - 11:00)the entry fee would be 5 or 10$ depending on the prize support wanted from the player base. Events would be sanctioned by the third week of the events. If you are in the Albany area and think this would be good for you or something you could suport weekly reply to the thread and if I have the support I will need to do this I will try and get it set up ASAP.

Heya Bob, welcome back to the area. Just to let ya know, Science and Hobby is more than willing to hold events as well, but with little to no player base around here anymore, no one will show up consistantly to even have it sanctioned (Dee can have it sanctioned the first time we have 8 people to play).

clavio
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I will come to these on a consistent basis. I will bring 1-2 minions with me.

troopatroop
03-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Make them around the Gamer's guild area. You will get players if it's in that area, alot of people will come back. Albany is a good hour away for alot of us, and just too far.

Peter_Rotten
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
I would be interesting in showing up when I could - either at Central, Sci and Hob, or in the old Guild area.

BTW, is the place on Central the new Flights of Fantasy store?

clavio
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Make them around the Gamer's guild area. You will get players if it's in that area, alot of people will come back. Albany is a good hour away for alot of us, and just too far.

Basically. There is a large group of people from Saratoga that would be interested in these tournaments, but won't drive all the way to Albany.

Watcher487
03-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I would be interesting in showing up when I could - either at Central, Sci and Hob, or in the old Guild area.

BTW, is the place on Central the new Flights of Fantasy store?

No, the place on Central is probably Zombie Planet.

Peter_Rotten
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
No, the place on Central is probably Zombie Planet.

I'm lazy. Where on Central is that? Hopefully it's at a really bad part :(

Watcher487
03-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm lazy. Where on Central is that? Hopefully it's at a really bad part :(

Not really it's between Wolf and Osbourne, but it's across from a KFC (It's a win there!)

edgewalker
03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
So I may be attending SUNY Albany next year so I would probably show up and actually start playing again if there was a place near bye.

Vacon
03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd hit up big Albany tournaments, but nothing too small, I'm not gunna risk my life on the harsh, crime infested streets of New York's capital just to play a small game of Magic.

troopatroop
03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
In general Shane, what's good for you is bad for us. You kinda live in the other direction from alot of people. What could be good for you... could leave those Saratoga people not coming.

Watcher487
03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
In general Shane, what's good for you is bad for us. You kinda live in the other direction from alot of people. What could be good for you... could leave those Saratoga people not coming.

And the same is in reverse Nick, not everyone lives in the Ozarks that is Toga. Anyway Central Ave is in ALBANY.

Bob: It's your choice man, I don't care, I just want some sort of tourney again.

Cait_Sith
03-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I am in Loudonville without a vehicle so don't make it too far. Cabs get pricey quickly.

Lego
03-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I am in Loudonville without a vehicle so don't make it too far. Cabs get pricey quickly.

ZP isn't too far from you Cait, and at least it's not FoF, that's all you've got to worry about. The people over at Zombie Planet are pretty nice, and it just so happens to be right down the street from an excellent place to take banjo lessons :wink: Stupidly though, the Rt. 9 bus doesn't run on Weekends, so you'll have to find someone to give you a ride. But it's like 2 miles, so I'm sure you can find someone :smile:

I'd go, 'cept I don't live in Albany anymore.

Cait_Sith
03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
At 2 miles I could walk it easily under an hour. Good exercise. I just have find a route through mostly rural districts. Oh, and you'll need to lend me a deck.

Lego
03-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Okay, I lied, it's probably more like 4 miles. Walk down Route 9 almost a mile and turn right on Osborne, go down two miles and turn right onto Sand Creek rd, take that like 5 blocks down and turn onto Frederick Ave which will take you right to Central Ave, just across the street from ZP.

Why are we not PMing each other about this?

Raider Bob
03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Its Zombie Planet, I talked to the owner briefly he was like you can use the upstairs whenever for events I was like cool. Tho what I am hearing is that we will get like 4-6 peeps to play generally a waste of time...I am not sure anywhere in clifton Park where we could have a tourny. Where is Sci and Hobby and what days is that 'supposed to happen'?

Watcher487
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Its Zombie Planet, I talked to the owner briefly he was like you can use the upstairs whenever for events I was like cool. Tho what I am hearing is that we will get like 4-6 peeps to play generally a waste of time...I am not sure anywhere in clifton Park where we could have a tourny. Where is Sci and Hobby and what days is that 'supposed to happen'?

Well, I've been trying to hold it Saturday Nights from about 5 - 9/10 ish. It's in Watervielt about a block away from the intersection of R-32 and R-2.

http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4385

That's the origonal Thread for the topic, it also has a map and thier Website.

Friday is a no-go since FNM happens that night, and Sunday is R/C Racing day almost all of the rooms are full so there would be very little room for us.

dwarven_anarchist
03-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry for necroing* this, but I'm definitely going to make an effort to attend S&H or the Planet pretty soon. I havn't played 1.5 in like, forever.

*Is it really a necro if it's two days? I figured I'd better be safe than sorry.

Peter_Rotten
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Any developments for this?

Watcher487
04-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Any developments for this?

Like I pointed out, Sci & Hobby is still willing to hold us...