PDA

View Full Version : 4x Tundra Tournament 4/29/07 West Springfield, Ma.

TheDragonsLair
03-28-2007, 06:31 PM
THE DRAGON"S LAIR in West Springfield Ma announces our large Legacy Tournament for the month of April.
Date: Sunday April 29th 2007
Start Time: 12:30PM Registration begins at 11:30 PM
Type: Legacy (1.5) Cost: $10.00
Minimum of 12 People
Where: 683 Westfield ST
West Springfield MA 01089
(413) 731-7237
1st place: 4 Tundras or $100.00 store credit
2nd place: 4 Mox Diamonds or $60.00 store credit
3rd Place: 2 pithing needles or $30.00 store credit
4th Place: 2 Sword of Fire/Ice or $20.00 store credit
5th-8th Places each get 3 boosters.
This will be a SANCTIONED event.
Call early if you want to pre-register
Hope to see you there.

Cavius The Great
03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I should be able to make this one, Kevin. :wink:

Jaynel
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Do you guys shit blue duals or something? Is it the water in western Mass?

ForceofWill
03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
People take the credit then he just recycles the prizes. It's perfect!!

TheDragonsLair
03-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Actually I use my personal collection, then spend time replenishing them, through trading and buying them.

VsTheWorld
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm going to try and make this one. I missed the 4x Volcanic Island tourney last weekend, but had hoped to make up for it by winning an Underground Sea at The Wizard's Duel in Brockton. Unfortunately, because nobody in eastern Mass plays Legacy and the store owner is a dick, we only got 6 people. 1st or 2nd with 8 people both would've recieved Seas. Instead, with 6, only 1st place gets a prize ($12 credit) and 2nd gets nothing other than the booster you get for playing. So of course I go 2-1, finish 2nd and open an Imp's Mischief from my PC pack. My brother goes 0-3, opens an Extirpate. Go figure...

Bane of the Living
03-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm going to try and make this one. I missed the 4x Volcanic Island tourney last weekend, but had hoped to make up for it by winning an Underground Sea at The Wizard's Duel in Brockton. Unfortunately, because nobody in eastern Mass plays Legacy and the store owner is a dick, we only got 6 people. 1st or 2nd with 8 people both would've recieved Seas. Instead, with 6, only 1st place gets a prize ($12 credit) and 2nd gets nothing other than the booster you get for playing. So of course I go 2-1, finish 2nd and open an Imp's Mischief from my PC pack. My brother goes 0-3, opens an Extirpate. Go figure...

If you have minions bring them with you. This includes noob little brothers. NY should try to make this one too, just to be all cool and push our meta around.

KillemallCFH
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
This includes noob little brothers. I'm no more/less of a noob than my brother... I just had a terrible few games.

EDIT: Plus, I am too poor to afford any of the decks I would really like to play (though Sunrise/Eggs is a rather enjoyable deck), and I for some reason feel a need to play rogue decks.

freakish777
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
If you have minions bring them with you. This includes noob little brothers. NY should try to make this one too, just to be all cool and push our meta around.

Good luck getting anyone from NY to come, this is the day after Kadi's DLD...

insertnamehere
04-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Good luck getting anyone from NY to come, this is the day after Kadi's DLD...

Does that also mean there will be no overcooked crayons or Epic re-runs there?
WOW, that would suck. Instead of Scooping to Team Necro thay will be scooping at Kadilak's Tourney.
I guess that means all top 8 spots can be awarded to Team Necro.

Watcher487
04-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Does that also mean there will be no overcooked crayons or Epic re-runs there?
WOW, that would suck. Instead of Scooping to Team Necro thay will be scooping at Kadilak's Tourney.
I guess that means all top 8 spots can be awarded to Team Necro.

Nah, I'll be showing up with some of the more 'locals' to 'steal' a couple of Top 8 spots. Anyway, all of the Top 8 couldn't be Necro even if it was just 8 people playing (Bane would find a way to bomb out of a sure thing).

Bane of the Living
04-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Nah, I'll be showing up with some of the more 'locals' to 'steal' a couple of Top 8 spots. Anyway, all of the Top 8 couldn't be Necro even if it was just 8 people playing (Bane would find a way to bomb out of a sure thing).

Are you finally bringing the rest of team crayola? Awesome, I hope they stand up to your caliber. Ill be playing AfFOWnity, make sure and board Kataki, and if your playing 4 Deuce maybe Deed.

Watcher487
04-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Are you finally bringing the rest of team crayola? Awesome, I hope they stand up to your caliber. Ill be playing AfFOWnity, make sure and board Kataki, and if your playing 4 Deuce maybe Deed.

I'm definatly not bringing them all (Ken is still in Indianapolis, and Dave is in Rochester), but the rest of the Box is coming out.

Anyway, all I need to do against you is actually keep a hand with a 2 land in it. Ohh and just to let you know, I can plow through for a turn 2 kill now.

insertnamehere
04-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm definatly not bringing them all (Ken is still in Indianapolis, and Dave is in Rochester), but the rest of the Box is coming out.

Does the box have a crayon sharpener? If not, then you should bring one to sharpen your teams play skills because they are getting dull.

freakish777
04-21-2007, 11:40 PM
If not, then you should bring one to sharpen your teams play skills because they are getting dull.

The above is statement is false. I just Top 4'ed a Dual Land Draft.

insertnamehere
04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
That tourney from what I heard was held in Watchers basement and only limited to team undercooked crayons.

Watcher487
04-22-2007, 04:57 PM
That tourney from what I heard was held in Wacher basement and only limited to team undercooked crayons.

First off, English is fundamental. Secondly, it only have one Crayon playing, sadly I was not able to attend due to prior engagements.

Anyway, while we are on the subject of sharpening play skills, I think you guys should at least get some deck building skills together. I'm not going to practially build any of you guys another deck.

Angel of Despair
04-22-2007, 08:36 PM
First off, English is fundamental. Secondly, it only have one Crayon playing, sadly I was not able to attend due to prior engagements.

Quoted for Irony:tongue:

freakish777
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
That tourney from what I heard was held in Watchers basement and only limited to team undercooked crayons.

Uh huh... it was the Newark 21st tournament this past weekend.

technogeek5000
04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Ill be makin this as i realized kadilak is a 6 hour drive and this is 5 hours less.

insertnamehere
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
I would like to formally apologize to Team Freshly baked crayons and The Epic Syndicate for the comments I made. I can understand how you must feel losing to the best team in the Northeast, and I should not make fun of you for that. I wish you the best at the dual land draft and hope you gain enough courage to once again face the best team in the Northeast which is of course, TEAM NECRO.

Watcher487
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I would like to formally apologize to Team Freshly baked crayons and The Epic Syndicate for the comments I made. I can understand how you must feel losing to the best team in the Northeast, and I should not make fun of you for that. I wish you the best at the dual land draft and hope you gain enough courage to once again face the best team in the Northeast which is of course, TEAM NECRO.

I'd rather be more afraid of Team Old.

Shriekmaw
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I can understand how you must feel losing to the best team in the Northeast.

Who in the Hell is Team Necro? Are you guys actually a team or just some bums that get together once a week to see what kind of crappy decks you can put together for some laughs.

clavio
04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Honestly, Jon Crall went 2-0 vs a Necro guy with a deck he didn't see until he got to the tournament.He didn't played for at least a year before the tournament, and he wasn't a good player even when he played often (he lost a few games because he forgot to attack).

At the end of the match Jon's opponent said "I built a deck just like that, but I could never get it to work!" Probably because he's the best player in the North East.

insertnamehere
04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Who in the Hell is Team Necro? Are you guys actually a team or just some bums that get together once a week to see what kind of crappy decks you can put together for some laughs.

Maybe you should leave the W.O.W. game you are playing and come and find out

Honestly, Jon Crall went 2-0 vs a Necro guy with a deck he didn't see until he got to the tournament.He didn't played for at least a year before the tournament, and he wasn't a good player even when he played often (he lost a few games because he forgot to attack).

At the end of the match Jon's opponent said "I built a deck just like that, but I could never get it to work!" Probably because he's the best player in the North East.

I didn't say we go undefeated. Congrat's for winning 1 match, I will send you a pack of Yu-Gi-OH for that.

clavio
04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Jon Crall is incapable of beating the best player in the North East, which is what you were claiming.

Bane of the Living
04-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Jon Crall is incapable of beating the best player in the North East, which is what you were claiming.

Who are you? Are you coming?

ForceofWill
04-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Somehow I think he is talking about Cavius who is not a member of Necro.

insertnamehere
04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Somehow I think he is talking about Cavius who is not a member of Necro.

Whose Cavius? Oh, I rememeber him, He's the 1st player to get kicked off of team necro for having split personalities. He thought he was God.

technogeek5000
04-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Dammit, My dad seriously hurt his leg and i wont be able to make this. When will the next one of these be.

insertnamehere
04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
We usually hold these monthly, depending on other large tournaments in the area. Hope to see you next time as long as your dad rests his leg.

BossOfTheGame
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I wish you the best at the dual land draft and hope you gain enough courage to once again face the best team in the Northeast which is of course, TEAM NECRO.

Wow, being the best team in the Northeast is quite an accomplishment. Its too bad that a guy who forgets to attacks destroyed you in a tournament with a deck I have never played before. I guess that must mean I'm the best player in the Northeast, either that or The Best Team in the Northeast has some members that aren't living up to its name.

technogeek5000
04-29-2007, 08:55 PM
so howd this thing go down. Does any1 have lists, top 8. I wanna see how my sui list would have fared against the format there.

Cavius The Great
04-30-2007, 11:00 AM
What the fuck are you guys talking about? I never forget to attack. If you can maybe tell us what Jon was playing and playing against, we can get to the bottom of this. I really doubt that I lost to a random scrub. Plus I haven't been to the Dragon's Lair in like four months.

P.S. - Bill, and I'm not God, I'm the Beast from Revelations.

Bane of the Living
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
What the hell was top 8?

Well I was in it so I know there was at least..

Salvager Gamekeeper
Death and Taxes
Angel Stompy
U/W Fish

Watcher487
04-30-2007, 08:08 PM
What the hell was top 8?

Well I was in it so I know there was at least..

Salvager Gamekeeper
Death and Taxes
Angel Stompy
U/W Fish

You forgot about me and Scrum, Punk!

Dark Three-Deuce - Watcher487
Pox - Scrumdogg

I also saw a Mono-White Control somewhere I think.

Peter_Rotten
04-30-2007, 08:23 PM
# of players?

Bane of the Living
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
MWC didnt make top 8. Death and Taxes won it all after splitting for first in the last big event. Pete made top 4 with it in the one before as well. Serious PR can the deck go in the open forums now?

ForceofWill
04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
# of players?

Watcher487
04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
# of players?

MWC didnt make top 8. Death and Taxes won it all after splitting for first in the last big event. Pete made top 4 with it in the one before as well. Serious PR can the deck go in the open forums now?

The only reason why it's been doing so well is that it's not playing any of it's bad matchups at all. In T8, I was personally thinking of scooping to Scrum just make sure he doesn't win the tourney.

insertnamehere
04-30-2007, 11:20 PM
So that means Team Necro Won as I predicted. For those that were there and heard the announcement from Kevin, in my opinion the tournaments will continue. I can assure you that someone will pick up the torch within a week. I am personally talking to the owner of the store to see that the top notch tournaments will continue. Look for the post in the next few weeks. Any suggestions for prize support, PM me and let me know and I will tell them.

Oh and a special thanks goes out to Team Freshly Baked Crayons for helping Team Necro with acquiring the cards needed for GP Columbus. Thank You Watcher.

furt
05-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Top 8 was..

Pox
Death and Taxes
UW Fish
Gamekeeper Combo
Three Duece Aggro
Budget UG Madness
Angel Stompy/WW (not sure which one it was)
Angel Stax (me)

Three Duece beat Pox
UW Fish beat Gamekeeper
Death and Taxes beat Angel Stompy/WW
Angel Stax beat Madness

UW Fish beat Angel Stax
Death and Taxes beat Three Duece

Death and Taxes beat UW Fish

scrumdogg
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM

The only reason why it's been doing so well is that it's not playing any of it's bad matchups at all. In T8, I was personally thinking of scooping to Scrum just make sure he doesn't win the tourney.

I was salivating at the opportunity to play him & that was one of the reasons behind my positioning myself at 11 points. He seriously screwed that up by actually playing in Round 5 instead of drawing with you (why, btw?) which then paired US in 1st round of Top 8. I still like my match up with your deck but you beat me fair & square in 3 close ones :) Soooooo close in that 3rd game....although I may have made a sideboard error. Quite frankly, the rest of the Top 8 was a Pavlovian buffet of delights for my deck but we'll see what happens next month :cool:

Peter_Rotten
05-01-2007, 12:58 PM
So that means Team Necro Won as I predicted. For those that were there and heard the announcement from Kevin, in my opinion the tournaments will continue. I can assure you that someone will pick up the torch within a week. I am personally talking to the owner of the store to see that the top notch tournaments will continue. Look for the post in the next few weeks. Any suggestions for prize support, PM me and let me know and I will tell them.

HUH!? What? Is there not going to be a May tourney? I want to pwn face with Hulk Flash! WTH! Gimme a tourney to whup!

insertnamehere
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM
hard to say with the GP