PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 In Albuquerque ... it's back

jazzykat
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
There are 3 tournaments this weekend for 1.5 in Abq. Barring I don't have a hot date I will be attending all three. I don't get anything for announcing these tournaments except hopefully better players in attendance to mitigate the scrubs. If you come to a tournament do tell me that you came, I am the "old guy" with blonde hair, so that I know to keep posting things up here.

Friday: Gamegopher
--------------
www.gamegopher.com
7:00 PM
Entry Fee: $6
Prize: Based on attendance: ~2 packs into the pool per entrant
Sanctioned: I think so.
Style: If sanctioned: DCI swiss, otherwise Double elim.

It's back and all of the strong players in Abq are going to show this Friday...or that's what they told me. If you don't suck and only come to one tournament then you want to come here because the prize support is the best in town and all the regular heavy hitters should be in attendance. It should be awesome as the store owner rocks!

Saturday: Active Imagination
-----------------------------
www.aigamestore.com
7:00 PM
Entry Fee: $2.50
Prize: Based on attendance. Some amount of packs. Nothing extravagant but it is cheap to play.
Sanctioned: Yes. This is how I will become the highest ranked eternal player in NM...mu ha ha ha.
Style: DCI swiss

Here is a mix of T2, extended, and 1.5 decks and the competition goes from excellent to terrible so be prepared to wade through a scrub or two before the battle begins.

FYI: This is under a new owner and is a lot better than when Glenn used to run things!

Sunday: Noble Collectibles on Coors
----------------------------------
PM me if you need directions or google it.
1:00 PM
Entry Fee: $5.00
Prize: All entry fee is payed out in store credit which can be used at any of the Noble Collectible Stores.
Sanctioned: Never.
Style: Double elim. or round robin depending on # of entrants.

This is hit or miss, and as far as the meta anything goes. Sometimes we have 5 people other times we have 12. We try to have a tournament regardless.

Questions: Contact the stores directly or PM me.

I hope one person shows up to one of these things from here.