PDA

View Full Version : Counterbalance

b4r0n
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
I have a Counterbalance in play. My opponent plays a Lotus Petal and I reveal the top card of my library: an Island. Is the Lotus Petal countered?

Same scenario, except I reveal an Evermind. Is Lotus Petal countered?

ForceofWill
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
island would counter the lotus petal.

Cait_Sith
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes. For the purposes of examining their converted mana cost, their CMC is 0.

tivadar
03-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Island also counters facedown angel, sadness :-(

Radley
03-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Nice, I got to have counterbalance. ^_^

troopatroop
03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice, I got to have counterbalance. ^_^

I know!!! It's so strong ^_^ :tongue:

Radley
03-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Nice, are you in love with me? You have been following my posts and now you're spamming. Hooray for you Buttyboy. Sarcasm is great isn't it? You'll say it in sarcasm because it's not cool for you then when you realise that the card is really nice then you can say you mean what you said.

I can see counterbalance destroying almost all of the combo decks out there.

troopatroop
03-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Nice, are you in love with me? You have been following my posts and now you're spamming. Hooray for you Buttyboy. Sarcasm is great isn't it? You'll say it in sarcasm because it's not cool for you then when you realise that the card is really nice then you can say you mean what you said.

I can see counterbalance destroying almost all of the combo decks out there.

You minsunderstand. Why don't you read my post before you flame me. God. I didn't flame. You're just spamming me. Listen before you respond. ^_^

Radley
03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
You minsunderstand. Why don't you read my post before you flame me. God. I didn't flame. You're just spamming me. Listen before you respond. ^_^

LOL ^_^ Your last message isn't even connected to this thread. Spam FTW? I didn't said you flamed me did I? Or is that your intention? You can't listen in the forum, it has no sound. You can try listening ^_^ but you'll end up reading.

Have you guys seen trinket angels deck? Counterbalance and divining top is a nice combination.

Alex_Van_R
03-31-2007, 04:08 PM
LOL ^_^ Your last message isn't even connected to this thread. Spam FTW? I didn't said you flamed me did I? Or is that your intention? You can't listen in the forum, it has no sound. You can try listening ^_^ but you'll end up reading.

Have you guys seen trinket angels deck? Counterbalance and divining top is a nice combination.

Radley, to be honest, you're the one spamming all the time. ^_^

And about the counterbalance-top: I think most people already knew that combo. ^_^

Greetzzzz,
Alex ^_^

Radley
04-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Radley, to be honest, you're the one spamming all the time. ^_^

And about the counterbalance-top: I think most people already knew that combo. ^_^

Greetzzzz,
Alex ^_^

Most people, not all. I want all people to know about it ^_^ so the magic world will be happy. LOL, lots of pro players(or are they?) are ganging up on me. Well, same names as expected.

Alex_Van_R
04-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Most people, not all. I want all people to know about it ^_^ so the magic world will be happy. LOL, lots of pro players(or are they?) are ganging up on me. Well, same names as expected.

Don't you think it's kinda logic that they're doing that? I sent you a message about a week ago, did you read it? It should make sure that you don't do anything wrong so you won't get flamed. ^_^

And please, radley, stop using that frigging emoticon! ^_^

Radley
04-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Don't you think it's kinda logic that they're doing that? I sent you a message about a week ago, did you read it? It should make sure that you don't do anything wrong so you won't get flamed. ^_^

And please, radley, stop using that frigging emoticon! ^_^

OMG:eek: , If you're soo bothered with my emoticon, just close your eyes so you can't see it ^_^. I'm not forcing you to look at it, you're the one voluntarily looking at it.:laugh: I haven't read your message, maybe I'll read it next week.:tongue:

Alex_Van_R
04-01-2007, 04:29 AM
I haven't read your message, maybe I'll read it next week.:tongue:

That explains a lot...

Radley
04-01-2007, 04:32 AM
LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?:confused:

Alex_Van_R
04-01-2007, 05:23 AM
LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?:confused:

I have no idea what an infraction is, but I just sent you another message. I think it's better if you read it.

Radley
04-01-2007, 03:59 PM
How about spells with split second? Nothing can be done when they are in stack.. :frown:

Alex_Van_R
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
How about spells with split second? Nothing can be done when they are in stack.. :frown:

A spell with Split Second can still be countered by Counterbalance. Ò_ó

Radley
04-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Oooh nice. Goodie goodie. Much better than I expected although kinda boring to play with ^_^