PDA

View Full Version : [Duel for Duals] - Newark, NY April 21st

rjohnson189
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Price: 25$ Entry fee that includes pizza for lunch.

Date: April 21st

Time: Doors open at 10am. Tournament starts at 11am.

Contact Information: 315-573-4946, 315-879-0300

Prizes: A set of dual lands will be drafted by the top 8. 2 picks to 1st 2 picks for second. And set for each other the other. Other prizes may be distrubed amongst the players based on attendence. Their is a minium of 40 players for the maxium payout. If attendance does not meet minium prizes may change.

format: Legacy(obviously).

at the current time the event is shedculed to be sanctioned. If you have a preference either way please state so in a private message. the event sanctioning status may change based on issues we are currently having.

For the best directions use yahoo maps.

If you are planning on attending please send a message to me.

If you have any other questions. You may direct them to me via pm.

Peter_Rotten
03-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Holy short notice, Batman! But I'm Yahoo-ing Newark right now.

Peter_Rotten
03-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Ugh! About 10 minutes from my in-laws. Close to Rochester and not too far from Cuse at all.

Think you'll get the 40 players?

freakish777
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Ugh! About 10 minutes from my in-laws. Close to Rochester and not too far from Cuse at all.

Think you'll get the 40 players?

I think they will if they guarentee the Duals regardless of attendance. I mean how many players want to come out for un-guarenteed prizes?

rjohnson189
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
we are fairly certain we will get at least 40, as im good friends with most of the rochester people. And its not that far of a drive between cuse and rochester.

sorry for the extremely short notice. but we do plan on holding similar events after this one. Which we will certainly being giving more of a heads up for

rjohnson189
03-31-2007, 05:46 PM
ill be talking to the owner about the requirement.

i know that the top dual lands will not change in prizes, the only change would be to 5-8 places

Also...

i will be offering side event 8-mans

15$ for draft 5$ for constructed formats. Any format you want. TTP draft will be the only draft available tho.

NANTUKO_SHADY
03-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Ummmm, this sounds freakin awesome. I'm diggin all of these Legacy tournaments being lined up. Count me in.

on1y0ne
03-31-2007, 07:35 PM
The reason Kadilack's Tournament was moved from this date was because of the Future Sight Pre-Release. You may want to consider doing the same. Just a suggestion...

Michael Keller
04-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Guarantee the duals - and we're there.

rjohnson189
04-01-2007, 02:17 AM
i can pretty much guaruntee the duals. I have to talk to the owner about it tomorrow. Until then consider the duals guarunteed

noobslayer
04-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I'd like to come, but it'll be hard to get a ride out to Rochester two weekends in a row. I look forward to the future events that you mentioned. If there are any over the summer I will definitely show.

rjohnson189
04-01-2007, 02:31 PM
its actually in between rochester and syracuse. about 40 minutes away from each.

Hopefully you can find a ride to it, as the more the merrier :)

rjohnson189
04-02-2007, 06:53 PM
im fairly certain we will be getting the 40 person minium. So please keep sending in mail letting me know if you plan on attending!

but sadly since this is our first dual for duals and since the notice was short, we can not guaruntee the dual lands. But we are advertising heavily in the area as well as directly at millennium and on this site, so i doubt we wont have the min.

noobslayer
04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
My problem is I'm stuck in Fredonia, which is about 40 mins south west of Buffalo, without a car. The week after your tournament I'll be getting a bus ride into Rochester just so I can go to Kadi's. It'd be difficult to make that trek two weeks in a row, as I'm still unsure as to how I'll be getting back to Fredonia in the first place.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Just a question, say the 40 people DON'T show up. What would the prizes be then? I just want to make sure I can at least bank on something somewhat decent being there.

rjohnson189
04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
heres what will happen if the minium is not made.

we will just be taking out how many dual lands will be given to the 5th-10th picks, most likely either cutting the 9th and 10th picks or making it only 3 dual lands for each pick.

all the good dual lands will be given out. you wont like randomly get packs or something.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-02-2007, 07:15 PM
heres what will happen if the minium is not made.

we will just be taking out how many dual lands will be given to the 5th-10th picks, most likely either cutting the 9th and 10th picks or making it only 3 dual lands for each pick.

all the good dual lands will be given out. you wont like randomly get packs or something.

Ok, awesome. I am there for sure.

Everyone go to this!!!

rjohnson189
04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
hopefully ill see you there greg.

ill be at millennium this sunday hopefully to talk to players about it and get more to come.

In case you didnt know who i am, im the big dude thats always there with dcleve, cody and kyle. i was nate isaacs teammate for the GPT last weekend.

bigbear102
04-02-2007, 08:00 PM
You should make this Sunday instead of Saturday, you will get a much better turnout because you won't be fighting the pre-release.

URABAHN
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Ooh, I'm not liking that prize support, considering what Kadi is offering the very next weekend. I'll skip this one.

rjohnson189
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
there will also be additional prizes based on attendance.

rjohnson189
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
We are considering a reshedculing.

How does the 5th of may sound?

If there are no other events then ill make it official shortly.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Damn, back to back Dual Land tourneys in New York would have been awesome, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Michael Keller
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Damn, back to back Dual Land tourneys in New York would have been awesome, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Well...they technically are still 'back to back'. May 5th sounds great.

bigbear102
04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Is the Sunday thing not possible? That would alleviate concerns for the prerelease, and I doubt Virginians would come up for this anyway, seeing as there is Kadi's 2 weeks before and GP 2 weeks after even on the 5th. I would go if it was the 22nd, and would be able to bring some of the team at least.

Shriekmaw
04-02-2007, 10:28 PM
We are considering a reshedculing.

How does the 5th of may sound?

If there are no other events then ill make it official shortly.

Rescheduling this event would be great so all the players from Syracuse can come and take the duals that belong to us. Everyone knows when it comes to players in Legacy you don't have to look any further than Syracuse. :)

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Well...they technically are still 'back to back'. May 5th sounds great.

(flips to next month) Lol, yeah your totally right. I wish I knew how to look into the next month. Thanks! :cool:

May 5th seems fine.

herbig
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I say keep it the same date. Thats just me.

Oathmaster
04-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Hello,

I will be there with probably 3 people tagging along with me. We just need to solidfy a date soon so 2 of my friends can make sure they have the day off from work.

Also, I don't care to much for the pre-release so the original date is fine with me or April 29th would work. May 5th is not bad either since it is the day before the GP Trials in Rochester.

Thanks

freakish777
04-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I would only change the date if it meant you were going to guarentee the prize support.

rjohnson189
04-03-2007, 01:53 PM
ill have a solid date by the end of the day. Just keep letting me know who will be able to show up :) its greatly appriecated.

a sunday date is not possible.

Slay
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I'd be able to go to anything in May.
-Slay

Watcher487
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I can definatly do May 5th, especially with the Trial on the 6th.

legacyplayer0
04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
I say keep it the same date. Thats just me.

I agree.

herbig
04-03-2007, 11:38 PM
ill have a solid date by the end of the day. Just keep letting me know who will be able to show up :) its greatly appriecated.

Twenty minutes until the official end of the day and the anticipation is killing me.

Michael Keller
04-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Twenty minutes until the official end of the day and the anticipation is killing me.

good call...lets have a new thread or whatever w/ prize support, date, time, location, etc. etc. need to plan ahead.

rjohnson189
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
As it stands the date wont be changed.

I hope you all can make it.

Peter_Rotten
04-04-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll probably be there by my lonesome since this place is close to my in-laws.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-04-2007, 02:23 PM
As it stands the date wont be changed.

I hope you all can make it.

Word to that. I really don't think the Future Sight Release will have too big of an impact on the attendance for this. We should get to 40!

Ewokslayer
04-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to go;
but could the TO, or really anyone, send either the decklists or a breakout of decktypes to Anwar or myself, assuming you have 50 people?

Michael Keller
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
So...the date for the event is April 21st...correct?

Peter_Rotten
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to go;
but could the TO, or really anyone, send either the decklists or a breakout of decktypes to Anwar or myself, assuming you have 50 people?

If I stay late enough, I'll try to get them. But can we please have a back up person?

rjohnson189
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
yes,

the 21st

freakish777
04-04-2007, 04:02 PM
If I stay late enough, I'll try to get them. But can we please have a back up person?

I can try to remember to get the decklists also.

rjohnson189
04-04-2007, 04:46 PM
ill have deck lists available.

Michael Keller
04-10-2007, 01:28 AM
We'll be taking the duals back home.

And then more on the 28th.

Bryant Cook
04-10-2007, 01:59 AM
EPIC is throwing you guys a bone and there will be a few of us present, if any.

rjohnson189
04-11-2007, 12:31 PM
well i hope to see you guys there.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Wait, is this address like a hobby shop/card store of some type?

rjohnson189
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah.

its 215 south main st.

its quite easy to find. If you need better directions feel free to contact me.

Mulletus
04-12-2007, 01:49 PM
OK I hate to sound like an ass, but can we get a break-down of the exact prizes if there are lets say 35, 30, 25, 20, etc. players. The only reason is that I went to a tourney where they guarenteed prizes and when not enough showed up the TO made people wait for like 3 months for their prizes. I really want to play and win some dual lands, but I do well at limited also, so I need to know what I'll be passing up if I skip the prerelease and not enough folks show up.

rjohnson189
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I dont know the exact breakdwon if enough people dont show up.

Itll be something like

1 set for each member of the top 8 if only like 30-35 show up.

the duals will be on hand, and will be given out that day. no matter how many people turn out.

Their will be additional prizes if more then 40 people show up as well.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
This should be an awesome tournament.... so everybody go!!!

NoGameShow
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
A couple of us from Northern New York will be attending. Should be decent testing for Columbus hopefully.

Michael Keller
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
A couple of us from Northern New York will be attending. Should be decent testing for Columbus hopefully.

That is what is so absolutely convenient about this tournament. It's fantastic practice for Kadilak's DLD and the GP and it looks like the prize support is pretty good too.

Gekoratel
04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
This tourny is less than a week away. I know who is planning on attending from Rochester but I'm curious to know who else is planning on attending. It's really close to Syracuse so I don't see why a lot of people from The Epic Syndicate wouldn't be able to attend.

Also whats going on with the Smash Bros. side event; because unless some people come out of the wood work I think Chris Trembly is going to take it down.

bigbear102
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
If anybody from syracuse is planning on going to this and has a seat in their car, let me know. Otherwise I'll be at the prerelease.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
i only think the store has 2x game cube controllers. so if people want to bring them, it would make it alot more fun :). Also. im not 100% the store owns smash brothers, i mean ive seen people there playing it, but i dont know if that was brought in by someone. So if you want to bring your own game just in case, go for it.

On a side note, the store has guitar hero avaible, but to my knowledge only one guitar, so if you want to bring another guitar, im sure we can have some sort of guitar hero tournament for store credit :).

i hope we get alot of people so this event can go smoothly.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Also, along with us providing pizza for lunch, the following food locations are within 2 miles of the store:

Mcdonalds
Wendys
Burger King
Wegmans (they have good subs and such)
Parkers (amazing bar and grill, right across the street from the store)
Numerous chinese restraunts and buffets
Canal View (family restraunt type thing)
Sub Way
this mexican food place
Pontillos
Marks
Pizza Hut

Getsickanddie
04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
It's really close to Syracuse so I don't see why a lot of people from The Epic Syndicate wouldn't be able to attend.

Out of Town Trips
Work
Art Festival
Pre-release Judging
Wives/Girlfriends/Kids

As it stands it looks like we'll be sending 3 members. That leaves 5 top eight spots for y'all. Consider it an early Christmas present.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Out of Town Trips
Work
Art Festival
Pre-release Judging
Wives/Girlfriends/Kids

As it stands it looks like we'll be sending 3 members. That leaves 5 top eight spots for y'all. Consider it an early Christmas present.

Wow, only three members. Thats a little disappointing coming from a team with so many members. Don't worry, I'll be there with my team to steal the whole damn show and bring back the duals to Syracuse.

RoddyVR
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
if anyone from MA is driving to this and has room to spare, i would love to split the cost to get to and from this. (could help drive if you trust me with your car, ;) )

Bryant Cook
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow, only three members. Thats a little disappointing coming from a team with so many members. Don't worry, I'll be there with my team to steal the whole damn show and bring back the duals to Syracuse.

This event is like walking into a cripple fight knowing you're going to win, who cares?

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
This event is like walking into a cripple fight knowing you're going to win, who cares?

Why, are you crippled or something? HA HA

Seriously, name the time and place, I'll take your own damn team down.

Bryant Cook
04-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Why, are you crippled or something? HA HA

Seriously, name the time and place, I'll take your own damn team down.

Nick, I just beat you like two weeks ago. It's been a long time since you've beaten me in Legacy, a very long time. I'm not even going to Newark, it's a waste of my time.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
free duals dont seem like a waste of time really :)

Sorry to hear youre not coming.

Nick how many people from your team are you bringing?

Nightmare
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm "judging" the prerelease. As much as Kadi is, anyway.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
free duals dont seem like a waste of time really :)

Sorry to hear youre not coming.

Nick how many people from your team are you bringing?

I know that myself, Mike T, and Hollywood are coming down. I know that also Jason, Doug, and John will also be there. As far as I know thats 6 people from Syracuse going down.

troopatroop
04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
So is Darkness like EPIC's Community College or something. When you don't get in it's like a step down.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
So is Darkness like EPIC's Community College or something. When you don't get in it's like a step down.

I wish when you speak you could actually make some god damn sense.

If you want to look like its a step down, then go right ahead. Don't be surprised when I beat the living crap out of you in a tournament because your play skill shouldn't even be considered playing magic.

Just bring it Troopatroop or whatever they call you.

Peter_Rotten
04-16-2007, 05:57 PM
It's really close to Syracuse so I don't see why a lot of people from The Epic Syndicate wouldn't be able to attend.

...because they talk a lot of smack but fear the Burning Tog.

Bryant Cook
04-16-2007, 05:59 PM
...because they talk a lot of smack but no one fears the Burning Tog.

Fixed for truth.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
...because they talk a lot of smack but fear the Burning Tog.

I have to agree, there should be no excuses why team EPIC can't attend since they claim to be the best at Legacy. It would be nice it they could actually back that statement up.

A dual land tournament that is close to Syracuse, this should be a no brainier.

I would understand if EPIC is just plain scared of showing up. I totally understand. :)

Bryant Cook
04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I have to agree, there should be no excuses why team EPIC can't attend since they claim to be the best at Legacy. It would be nice it they could actually back that statement up.

I would understand if EPIC is just plain scared of showing up. I totally understand. :)

I'm so terribly sorry if some of us have lives outside of Magic: The Gathering, maybe you should try and get one.

Ta Jugs
04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Soooooo much trash talking. And BTW Im prolly judging cuz I hate magical cards.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm so terribly sorry if some of us have lives outside of Magic: The Gathering, maybe you should try and get one.

I have a life outside this game. I work full-time something that this little high school student fails to see. Plus I volunteer on some of my weekends which I have to give up magic for. I just get together with friends to travel to Grand Prixs, something that you still have to do.

Getsickanddie
04-16-2007, 06:14 PM

Well frankly for those of us that have to work, winning this thing is worth less than we'd make by just going to work. I'd love to go but I have to work every other weekend, so it was either this or Kadilaks.

Bryant Cook
04-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Am I supposed to be impressed? I mean it's not like you're the only with a job and bills to pay. As for Grand Prixs, who cares, I haven't seen your name in any top 8's.

Shriekmaw
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Well frankly for those of us that have to work, winning this thing is worth less than we'd make by just going to work. I'd love to go but I have to work every other weekend, so it was either this or Kadilaks.

I wasn't referring to you with the post. I'm lucky that I have all the weekends off and can go to most of the big events and Grand Prix around the area.

I think you made the right decision b/c Kaddy's tourney should be a lot better with more players that will come up for it.

Nightmare
04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I'd rather rip off noobz.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
ripping off noobs is tech.

Also, there will be cash on hand for the selling of cards. The owner always purchases cards, as well as trades. They deal in yugioh as well as magic, but dont do any other games at the time.

Getsickanddie
04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I'd rather rip off noobz.

Wait, you have cards for trade? I thought you ditched everything for blackbordered duals.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 08:36 PM
im not sure if that was a sarcastic comment or not.

But all of the duals have been purchased on ebay weeks ago.

All of the normal stock will be for trade or sale (obviously). As well as purchasing of cards available.

the duals are not FBB just revised dual lands.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Also.

Ive just learned that at the tournament. Along with the entry fee you gain complete access to the gaming center for the day. The store will be open specifically for teh tournament that day.

There will be 8 computers complete with internet access, and a bunch of games.

There are also some ps2s, gamecubes, and xboxs. There will be a 60" HDTV for you all to play on, as well as two normal televisions for the playing of the games.

There is also a pool table, so, bring your sticks if your hardcore...or something.

Getsickanddie
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
im not sure if that was a sarcastic comment or not.

But all of the duals have been purchased on ebay weeks ago.

All of the normal stock will be for trade or sale (obviously). As well as purchasing of cards available.

the duals are not FBB just revised dual lands.

Um if you were refering to my post it had nothing to do with your tournament. It was a reference to the last time I saw Nightmares trade binder which contained about 20 cards, and they were mostly blackbordered duals. So I'm not exactly sure how he is going to rip off noobs.

rjohnson189
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
o sorry, thought it was directed at my comment about trades being avaible at the store during the tournament.

Michael Keller
04-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Dude...you're not serious...are you? I wasn't even playing when the team was formed and I've always played alone. My rating and big tournament history are more than some guys on that team can lay claim to (not to take away anything from their talent - because they are). When you have a lot of people on your team you're going to get recognized more - obviously. I'm happy in the direction we're going. See none of you have even seen what has transpired in the weeks since our formation. We've placed first in 3 out of the last 5 tournaments since our formation - each member of our team winning a different one (sans A.J. who will be back in Syracuse in time for Kaddy's). Go look at the tournament report section to see for yourself. We've also made some huge contributions to the format in the past.

And we've only existed for just as long. The way I think, speaking on behalf of myself anyways, when you think of Syracuse the only reason people think first of the other guys is because of the number of players enlisted. Those guys are great, skilled players - the best. Most of Syracuse is. But pound for pound, we're just as good and win just as often. That's how good our metagame is and a testament to the seasoned veterans on our team.

So show respect.

troopatroop
04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Dude...you're not serious...are you? I wasn't even playing when the team was formed and I've always played alone. My rating and big tournament history are more than some guys on that team can lay claim to (not to take away anything from their talent - because they are). When you have a lot of people on your team you're going to get recognized more - obviously. I'm happy in the direction we're going. See none of you have even seen what has transpired in the weeks since our formation. We've placed first in 3 out of the last 5 tournaments since our formation - each member of our team winning a different one (sans A.J. who will be back in Syracuse in time for Kaddy's). Go look at the tournament report section to see for yourself. We've also made some huge contributions to the format in the past.

And we've only existed for just as long. The way I think, speaking on behalf of myself anyways, when you think of Syracuse the only reason people think first of the other guys is because of the number of players enlisted. Those guys are great, skilled players. Most of Syracuse is. But pound for pound, we're just as good and win just as often. That's how good our metagame is and a testament to the seasoned veterans on our team.

So show respect.

I've got nothing but respect for you Hollywood, for real. Nick's just all over EPICS nuts. It's entertaining.

Getsickanddie
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Nick's just all over EPICS nuts. It's entertaining.

Nick & Bryant clash egos a lot, mainly on the internet. And yes, it is entertaining.

Michael Keller
04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I've got nothing but respect for you Hollywood, for real. Nick's just all over EPICS nuts. It's entertaining.

Nick is a good player and takes the game seriously. That's what it takes to win. Issues that stem off the Source tend to dissipate (modestly) in real life when people congregate to play cards. So it's all good.

Ta Jugs
04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
You all kissing each others asses and talking shit is more entertaining though.

bigbear102
04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
SOOOO..... I see 2 cars coming from Syracuse, each with 3 people in them so far.... Does anybody mind giving me a ride? If you guys want EPIC to show up so badly somebody give me a ride.

Mike, is there room in your car?

Michael Keller
04-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Matt: I got your back brotha. Consider it done.

rjohnson189
04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
on another note:

parking.

there will probally not be enough parking avaible in front of the store.

So you can park on the side parking lot. or across the street at the pavilion.

Nightmare
04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
@ Trevor - I have a ton of stuff. I just don't usually want to trade it. This is no longer true, as Colin helped me realize that a Pimp Collection is nice, but a playset of foil Fetches and FBB duals is better. Also, there's pretty much no reason for me to have stuff sit in my binder forever, so I might as well trade it. Really, I want like one or 2 completely pimp decks (plus manabase), and then all the rest can cycle. What do I need Beta Bolts for, you know?

Ewokslayer
04-17-2007, 02:45 PM
What do I need Beta Bolts for, you know?
To pimp out Red Death. Duh!

Getsickanddie
04-17-2007, 03:03 PM
@ Trevor - I have a ton of stuff. I just don't usually want to trade it. This is no longer true, as Colin helped me realize that a Pimp Collection is nice, but a playset of foil Fetches and FBB duals is better. Also, there's pretty much no reason for me to have stuff sit in my binder forever, so I might as well trade it. Really, I want like one or 2 completely pimp decks (plus manabase), and then all the rest can cycle. What do I need Beta Bolts for, you know?

I know I was joking. It's pretty hard to rip off noobs when you are trading them beta bolts.

You want to trade this noob some beta bolts?

Nightmare
04-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I know I was joking. It's pretty hard to rip off noobs when you are trading them beta bolts.

You want to trade this noob some beta bolts?If you want me to rip you off on them, sure. $20 each.

Getsickanddie
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
If you want me to rip you off on them, sure. $20 each.

LOL

$10 and it's a deal.

Di
04-17-2007, 09:17 PM
To pimp out Red Death. Duh!

You know for not even trying, we can build a rather pimped out Red Death. Our unproxied version of the test deck for it is rather sexy.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Nightmare
04-17-2007, 10:38 PM
You know for not even trying, we can build a rather pimped out Red Death. Our unproxied version of the test deck for it is rather sexy.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
You can replace Red Death with pretty much any deck name, and this statement is still true.

bigbear102
04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
You guys can all stop worrying now, EPIC will be represented, Myself and Doug will be there. Squabble amongst yourselves for 3-8th. Actually, depending on the number of Syracuse players going, (7 I believe) start squabbling over 8th.

Gekoratel
04-18-2007, 01:11 AM
This is a sad story if there's only one more slot to contend with. It is true that Syracuse players are much better than Rochester players...

Getsickanddie
04-18-2007, 03:54 AM
It is true that Syracuse players are much better than Rochester players...

Just better looking.

Nightmare
04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
This is a sad story if there's only one more slot to contend with. It is true that Syracuse players are much better than Rochester players...When do you move to Syracuse Jeff?

bigbear102
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I will end up beating you one of these times Jeff, last time was due to me being a dumbass, as several people can attest to, I had that top 8 game in the bag. Screwing up for the loss....

Gekoratel
04-18-2007, 11:45 AM
To be fair I lost game 1 because I didn't possibly think you were gonna name Lackey when I had Vial @1 but theres no reason not to Vial him in response, I think we both made our share of mistakes that match. I like to avoid good players until the T8 so hopefully we can get our rematch then.

Zach Tartell
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Dude, if you're so worried about your goblins matchup, just board in 4 argothians, 4 elephant grass, 2 moat, 1 Words of war, and 4 enchantress's presence. That'll probably help out the matchup a bit. And nobody'll see it coming, either.

Peter_Rotten
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
OK, I'm playing Burning Tog at this tourney. Can you all agree to NOT play Goblins. I think that I can pretty much beat anything else (except that stupid TruffleShuffle - but no one plays that crap!)

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
This is a sad story if there's only one more slot to contend with. It is true that Syracuse players are much better than Rochester players...No they just talk alotta of crap then never put up results or show up to tournaments. And most Syracuse players don't even know another format exists outside legacy.

Nightmare
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
No they just talk alotta of crap then never put up results or show up to tournaments. And most Syracuse players don't even know another format exists outside legacy.
::Takes off Moderator hat::

You are an idiot.

::Puts hat back on::

Bryant Cook
04-18-2007, 03:13 PM
No they just talk alotta of crap then never put up results or show up to tournaments. And most Syracuse players don't even know another format exists outside legacy.

Hostile much? Kid, I just won the last large Legacy event. I'm from 'Cuse, maybe you should get your facts straight before yapping.

Gekoratel
04-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I've seen a few of the Syracuse guys dabbling in T1 and Limited which is surprising because most Legacy players seem to hate limited for some reason. If anyone wants to get a 2HG money draft on we'll have a few teams at the site(after the Legacy event of couse).

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Including myself, I know a lot of players in Syracuse that play all the magic formats not just one format. I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

Why don't you show up to one of these events and let the Syracuse players prove how damn good we are at magic. :)

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think you know what you are talking about. Including myself, I know a lot of players in Syracuse that play all the magic formats not just one format. I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.

Why don't you show up to one of these events and let the Syracuse players prove how damn good we are at magic. :)I be judging this here event.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I be judging this here event.

In that case, try not to screw the whole event up. Maybe if things go well, we might think about coming up again.

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
jeff im sure me and nate isaac will be up for some 2hg drafting..

we want some revenge from last time. haha

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 03:33 PM
In that case, try not to screw the whole event up. Maybe if things go well, we might think about coming up again.In that case dont suck and scrub out then i might believe some of you are ok. You talk alotta trash and claim your good but i've never seen your name anywhere. We dont need you comin back if your no competition.

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
In that case, try not to screw the whole event up. Maybe if things go well, we might think about coming up again.

he will be assisting. as will nate isaac to my knowledge. as it would be unfair to the players if we had one one judge and 50+ players. And niether of them were playing, and since i trust both of them...to an extent...ill let them assist.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
In that case dont suck and scrub out then i might believe some of you are ok.

Don't worry about that. I'm sure Syracuse will represent very well. I believe we already have 7 out of the 8 slots for the Top 8 filled. I hope you won't feel too bad when we have to take all the duals back to Syracuse and laugh in your face. :)

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
i was pretty sure jeff f and dave price each claimed a spot...

you guys will have to like have a fight..

a fight to the death, with sticks....or like the guitar hero guitars or something for the spots.

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Rochester Vs Syracuse in a giant CRAZY kabattle.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
i was pretty sure jeff f and dave price each claimed a spot...

you guys will have to like have a fight..

a fight to the death, with sticks....or like the guitar hero guitars or something for the spots.

We all know that Dave Price has already claimed the 9th spot like he has so many times before. Jeff has the finally top 8 slot, thats fine. Could we just get the brackets before we come so we can just play the top 8 and save everyone a lot of pain and misery?

I think everyone would appreciate a speedy tourney. :)

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
mail me the cash, and sure :)

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
mail me the cash, and sure :)

I'll just come down on Saturday. I'll give you the cash, and you give me the duals. Sounds pretty fair to me.

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
that would take all the fun away from it tho..

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I have no problem playing and earning the duals from you. I'll just be a little bothered when all the people I beat go out of your event crying because they lost. I would truly feel bad about that.

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
We all know that Dave Price has already claimed the 9th spot like he has so many times before. Jeff has the finally top 8 slot, thats fine. Could we just get the brackets before we come so we can just play the top 8 and save everyone a lot of pain and misery?

I think everyone would appreciate a speedy tourney. :)Man your cocky attitude is really starting to get on my nerves and that rareley happens. But just keep running your mouth thats fine as I know you cant do what you claim to be able to do.

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 03:53 PM
nah dude

when they start crying, im taking pictures to post on teh picture board in teh store.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Man your cocky attitude is really starting to get on my nerves and that rarely happens. But just keep running your mouth thats fine as I know you cant do what you claim to be able to do.

It has nothing to do with being cocky. It's called being confidant. I'm very confidant about this tournament. I just hope that everyone is ready. I'll prove that I can back it up, just you wait.

Ta Jugs
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
It has nothing to do with being cocky. It's called being confidant. I'm very confidant about this tournament. I just hope that everyone is ready. I'll prove that I can back it up, just you wait.We shall see.

Di
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I think everyone would appreciate a speedy tourney. :)

I doubt this would happen considering you are the slowest fucking player alive.

bigbear102
04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Nick, seriously, if any of your rounds are over before the time limit, and you win, I will be surprised. You make Slowplay look fast.

I think Folinus will win the magic match, but Dave would sit on him in a real fight. No offense.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Nick, seriously, if any of your rounds are over before the time limit, and you win, I will be surprised. You make Slowplay look fast.

I think Folinus will win the magic match, but Dave would sit on him in a real fight. No offense.

Matt, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but I don't go to time every single round. To be fair though, I do use the time I have wisely. Actually I think most of the time is spent shuffling my deck.

Bryant Cook
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Matt, I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but I don't go to time every single round. To be fair though, I do use the time I have wisely. Actually I think most of the time is spent shuffling my deck.

Nick, when it takes you 5 minutes to shuffle yours and your opponent's deck there's a problem. You are also by far the slowest Magic player I've ever played. Our combo mirror that I won 2-0 took us half an hour, there was 5 turns total.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Nick, when it takes you 5 minutes to shuffle yours and your opponent's deck there's a problem. You are also by far the slowest Magic player I've ever played. Our combo mirror that I won 2-0 took us half an hour, there was 5 turns total.

First of all your facts are wrong. In that match there was more than 5 turns total in each of the 2 games that we played. In the very first game I was figuring out if I had enough mana to go off turn 1. It appeared that I was 1 mana short, so I waited for turn 2 to guarantee the turn 2 win. You being so lucky you had one of your 2 chants in your hand. In game 2 I had to mulligan twice and keep an average hand, which turned out to be a very quick loss for myself.

Are you serious?

You're complaining b/c our match took half an hour. Get a freakin' life.

bigbear102
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I find it funny that you actually try to defend yourself. You are a slow player, I don't think anyone would say otherwise. There is an acceptable amount of time to think about something, you take a lot longer than anyone else. If you want to defend yourself, then don't play slowly this weekend or next. I will be timing your shuffling by the way, because I have seen you take a lot longer than is warranted in that regard.

I don't think Bryant was actually complaining that it took a half hour, I think he was using it as valid evidence that two essentially non-interactive combo decks can take that long to play out.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
I find it funny that you actually try to defend yourself. You are a slow player, I don't think anyone would say otherwise. There is an acceptable amount of time to think about something, you take a lot longer than anyone else. If you want to defend yourself, then don't play slowly this weekend or next. I will be timing your shuffling by the way, because I have seen you take a lot longer than is warranted in that regard.

I don't think Bryant was actually complaining that it took a half hour, I think he was using it as valid evidence that two essentially non-interactive combo decks can take that long to play out.

Matt, come out there with your watch so you can time my games. I'll be the one checking on you while your still playing, not the other way around. If your playing that survival build again, I'm sure you'll be going to time in the round.

I wonder what I'll be playing. :)

Gekoratel
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
The best deck in the format perhaps?

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Lol, this is all so humorous. Watch the Top 8 be just 8 random scrubs from the Newark area. Then we will all feel stupid....

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
one of them is playing elves...

the rest arent actually playing a real deck...

if you guys let any of them in it....ill laugh :)

Peter_Rotten
04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Lol, this is all so humorous. Watch the Top 8 be just 8 random scrubs from the Newark area. Then we will all feel stupid....

7 random scrubs and Burning Tog!

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM

If in fact there are 8 random scrubs that make the top 8, I will indeed quit magic. :)

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 08:13 PM
im a random scrub..

to bad i cant play..

ill be playing at kadis tho

ill just have to top 8 that one

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
We can use all the support we can get. I always love to see random scrubs at a tournament, not sure why, but I do. I do appreciate that your able to put this dual for duals together, even though I go back and forth with some of the players in Syracuse. Its all in good fun.

Bryant Cook
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
If in fact there are 8 random scrubs that make the top 8, I will indeed quit magic. :)

Time for a conspiracy.

rjohnson189
04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
i was actually lying when i said im a scrub...

even tho ive only been in 1 sanctioned legacy event...

I know what im doing :)

bigbear102
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Nick, I will either be taking most of the rounds time or i'll be done in under 10 minutes for the majority of my matches, I haven't yet decided.

It's not my fault that Hollywood had no creature kill, he should have beaten me easily before time was up if he had some way to nuke my men. And Bob was playing control. He kept doing stupid stuff to my guys, that wasn't my fault either.

Shriekmaw
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Nick, I will either be taking most of the rounds time or i'll be done in under 10 minutes for the majority of my matches, I haven't yet decided.

It's not my fault that Hollywood had no creature kill, he should have beaten me easily before time was up if he had some way to nuke my men. And Bob was playing control. He kept doing stupid stuff to my guys, that wasn't my fault either.

I guess my point is, it doesn't matter what deck you end up playing it comes down to matchups which can take a long time to defeat. It doesn't help either if your opponents are playing control decks all day long.

Getsickanddie
04-18-2007, 11:44 PM
No they just talk alotta of crap then never put up results or show up to tournaments.

One word. Herbig.

rjohnson189
04-19-2007, 12:07 AM
he did 5-0 the extended ptq...but then went 0-2 (after getting paired down twice) and missing out on top 8.

scrumdogg
04-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Man your cocky attitude is really starting to get on my nerves and that rareley happens. But just keep running your mouth thats fine as I know you cant do what you claim to be able to do.

Pot...kettle...black...although on a related note, all you have to do is get Mark & Nick to start match of magic (any format) & tell them it is untimed. They will finish....sometime in 2012, if they don't starve to death first, and the problem is solved. :cool:

rjohnson189
04-19-2007, 12:57 AM
we will not offer that much pizza for lunch

Nightmare
04-19-2007, 07:51 AM
he did 5-0 the extended ptq...but then went 0-2 (after getting paired down twice) and missing out on top 8.
He's also top 8'd more Legacy events (and Vintage too) than you've played in. Also, I'd say getting 9th at the first PTQ you've ever been to (in a format we've done zero testing in) is pretty solid.

rjohnson189
04-19-2007, 10:42 AM
He's also top 8'd more Legacy events (and Vintage too) than you've played in. Also, I'd say getting 9th at the first PTQ you've ever been to (in a format we've done zero testing in) is pretty solid.

i think you misunderstood the point of my comment. I was defending herbig. but whatev.

and it wouldnt be hard for him to top 8 more then ive played in. considering ive played in one.

Michael Keller
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
I just pounded down a glass of raw eggs and plan on running up Onondaga Hill with five hundred college girls behind me. I feel so unstoppable.

ReAnimated
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM
So are any people from Virginia heading to this event?

legacyplayer0
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM

Yeah, this tournament needs more Dave Gearheart. Who else am I supposed to shout DAVE GEARHEART to?

AnwarA101
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM

No one that I know of is coming as we are already making a trip up next weekend, if only NY was closer to VA.

Shriekmaw
04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
No one that I know of is coming as we are already making a trip up next weekend, if only NY was closer to VA.

I'm surprised that you folks in Virgina didn't invent a "magic teleporter" yet, it seems like to invented everything when it comes to magic. :)

freakish777
04-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Alright, well I had thought that I had a ride to this, but I was wrong. Anyways, I know it's short notice, but if anyone from Rochester has an extra seat in their vehicle and would like to exchange it for gas money, I'd be grateful.

cdr
04-19-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised that you folks in Virgina didn't invent a "magic teleporter" yet, it seems like to invented everything when it comes to magic. :)

I'm surprised some people didn't come stay with someone up here for a month - on consecutive weekends there's Newark duals, then Syracuse duals, then Rochester GPT, then Toronto GPT, then the GP.

Oathmaster
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Hello,

I read quite a few posts ago that this was in a store.

Can someone please post the name of the store at the 215 S Main ST address as well as its phone number?

Thanks

rjohnson189
04-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Hello,

I read quite a few posts ago that this was in a store.

Can someone please post the name of the store at the 215 S Main ST address as well as its phone number?

Thanks

right in the opening post is an address as well as a phone number.

call only during weekday business hours. 3-7

or saturday 11-6

Mulletus
04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
It looks like I'll be there, but I hate talkin smack.

Will this be sanctioned? If so what are the judge levels present.
Do I need to buy new sleeves, or will this be a gentilmanly attended event?
How long will you be giving people to shuffle my and their own decks combined? Time in round stinks.
I guess what I'm asking is for a friendly event, or will it be held like a cut throat event? The prizes are just dual lands and not byes at a GP. It's one thing to talk smack here, but it's another thing to be a poor sport in the event.
Lastly, if this is sanctioned, please dont beat me. If I X-0 this event, I'll prolly hit 1900 and have 2 byes in Columbus. I need 34 points by the 2nd week in May. I'd like to make the top 32 again at a Legacy GP. Last time I did it with no byes, this time I'd like some help towards top 16. (I'm not greedy, top 8 can wait) LOL

rjohnson189
04-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Remember everyone!

Doors open tomorrow morning at 10

tournament is shedculed to start at 11 :)

Mulletus
04-21-2007, 08:38 AM
I am hoping to be there. Should be leaving shortly.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-21-2007, 08:48 AM
The Shady-Mobile is about to depart... with the Zach Fine included, so watch out.

Best of luck to all, and hope to see you there.

Zach Tartell
04-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Somebody should post the featured matches on here, and the top eight and shit. I'll be watching most of the day

bigbear102
04-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Zach get a life. The tourney hasn't started yet, but there is free internet access, so updates will be made frequently.

freakish777
04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
With free internet access at the store, the head judge just announced that we'll be getting Feature Matches. Not sure if he's serious, but should be fun nonetheless.

bigbear102
04-21-2007, 11:39 AM
He's serious. We are having feature matches and someone will try to update it every round or so.

Zach Tartell
04-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Zach get a life.

Said the guy who drove an hour or two to sit across from a portly and possibly offensively smelling opponent whom he will duel with pieces of cardboard sheathed in plastic. Some of which he baurrowed from me.

CoughpotcallingthekettleblackCough

Though, to be fair, the only reason I'm not there with you is because I have to officiate (stand by for huge nerd) a Star Wars tournament. But it's PSQ season, boys. Come back with your sheild or on it, EPIC awesomeness, unicorn showers, the whole deal.

bigbear102
04-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Round 1 vs Peter Rotten

He mulls to 5 game 1. I play Therapy on Force turn 1 and then Survival on turn 2.

Game 2 he mulls to 6. I have turn 1 Duress on Tormod's Crypt. After a long game Vial on 4 with genesis and FTK in the yard lets FTK kill FTK and swing for the win.

Round 2 to come!

bigbear102
04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
After round 2:
4 Cuse players still undefeated: Lacasse, Doug, Merwin and Me. I was the feature match, so i'm gonna let whoever posts those tell the tale.

Getsickanddie
04-21-2007, 02:01 PM
How many people showed up?

Bryant Cook
04-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Any updates? Also how many people?

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Shady reporting from Newark Tournament in Newark:

I went 4-2, and after the 6th and final round, the T8 is shaking up to be

Matt Abold- Playing Survival
Phil Stolze- Playing Aluren
Mulletus playing Survival
Freakish777- Playing UgR Thresh
Dave Cleveland- Playing Goblins
Kai - Playing UgR Thresh

Adam Thorn- Playing Boros
Chris Trombley- Playing Re-Animator

EDIT: We had just around 40 players.

Peter_Rotten
04-21-2007, 05:36 PM
About 40 people, maybe a few less.

I saw at least

2 Aluren
1 Red Death
3 Goblin (2 may have made it in)
3 or 4 Survival builds (most doing well)
1 F-Stompy
2? Affinity
2 CounterTop
quite a few Kitchen Table decks including an Elves Coat of Arms
1 Solidarity
2 (3?) UGR Thresh

I went 3-2-1. Burning Tog meep :frown:

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
So the top 8 go a little something like this:

Quarter Finals

**Dave Alrod (UgR Thresh) Def. Matt Abold (Survival)
**Kai (UgR Thresh) scoops to Chris Trombley (Reanimator) <--- They are teammates
**Phil Stolze (Aluren) Def. Dave Cleveland (Goblins)
**Random Guy (Boros) Def. John Lacasse (Survival)

Semi-Finals

**Phil Stolze (Aluren) Def. Dave Alrod (UgR Thresh)
**Random Guy (Boros) Def. Chris Trombley (Reanimator)

Finals

**Random Guy (Boros) Def. Phil Stolze (Aluren)

Random Guy w/ Boros wins the tournament.

Bryant Cook
04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
I see 0 people from "Team Darkness" on that list, I find that funny.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-21-2007, 10:20 PM

But I do see 5/8th of the T8 Rochester :tongue: Although to be fair, Rochester made up about 90% of the population at that tournament.

Xero
04-21-2007, 10:33 PM
God, Random Guy is a fucking house. I'd hate to face him in a tourney.

freakish777
04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I was playing UGr Threshold, the other Threshold player was UGwr. From what I heard his red splash was all in the SB, I could have been misinformed, I never played him.

Official count was 38 I think, the full 40 duals were given out anyways.

going into round 6, 7 people were X-1 or better, the Goblins player got paired down, and unsavagely pulls the worst match (Boros, Jitte + Knight + Helix + a potentially faster clock with Burn = bad times for Goblins).

2 out of 3 or 4 Survival Decks made T8, Dave Price was 3-1 and drew Goblins 2 rounds in a row and reportedly they got the nuts both rounds.

I forgot to ask for decklists, but since there were feature matches with notes taken, I'm assuming those will get posted sometime this week as well as a metagame breakdown.

EDIT: The winner's name was Adam Thorn. Hurray for taking notes of him trashing me in round 2.

Bryant Cook
04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Props to my man Abold, way to represent EPIC.

Volt
04-21-2007, 10:37 PM
God, Random Guy is a fucking house. I'd hate to face him in a tourney.

Yeah, I always lose to Random Guy. He pwnz me.

Mulletus
04-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi, I went and did ok. So I suppose I'll write some junk.

I went 4-1-2 with RGBSA for 5th place and 4 Tiaga.

R1 Counterbalance
I won 2-1. I think that deck has a ton of potential, but it needs 4 drops to pot on top of the deck with the engine. I won the match with FTK and Baloth

R2 DISCARD
I smashed this guy 2-0. I only took one damage in the match from my own search land. He was kindof a new player. He did have turn one discard game one and two. First game I discarded Squee, next game I discarded Basking Rootwalla.

R3 Zoo Beats by DampingEngine
This was a feature-match. I came to the tourney with Doug, and we both knew how much this was in my favor. After a strong game 1, I went turn 2 CotV-1 turn 3 E. Plague Wizards. It esentially took out over half his deck. I won 2-0.

R4 Reanimator
I won game one. He got turn one Akroma, I wished turn 2 for edict and casted it turn 3, with whitness backup. Game two he gets Akroma pretty quick again but wins. We decide to ID in game 3, so one of us got in guarenteed and the other only had to win one more match.

R5 Blue Sky
I swept him pretty easy 2-0. I had the Survival working to kill the pro-red flyers with bone shredder. He did have turn two jugernaut that got me down to 1. But I took control from there.

R6 4color Survival
We ID

After the swiss I was 4-0-2

Top 8
R7 Boros
I get Survival down all 3 games but he burned me out when I had mana troubles. He was a smart enough player to kill all my acceleration when he could, and it won him the match. Lose 2-1

I had a good time.

Michael Keller
04-21-2007, 11:43 PM

Yeah, um - Nick went 4-1 and got paired down due to bad tiebreakers and ended up just missing Top 8.

Mike picked up Aluren for practically the first time and did well with it. Also I hear Raven Familiar-ing into lands repeatedly is not that good.

I played Red Death and missed out at a chance on Top 8 because of 2 subtle play errors and battling random Affinity with one land in two games.

Nothing just quite enough went our way today, that's for sure. I don't know how to retort. It was a good time.

Thornicator
04-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey kids. I won, see below and blah blah blah. I will put a report sometime soon. Props on the prizes!!!

Shriekmaw
04-22-2007, 01:37 AM

I think its kinda funny that the person that talks all this smack, couldn't even make it to this tournament.

I hope your ready for a beating this coming Saturday at Kaddy's tournament.

Getsickanddie
04-22-2007, 01:53 AM
I played Red Death and missed out at a chance on Top 8 because of 2 subtle play errors and battling random Affinity with one land in two games.

Good deal man, I'm glad you did well. With Boros winning this event, maybe you should have played Hollywood Sligh.

Michael Keller
04-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Good deal man, I'm glad you did well. With Boros winning this event, maybe you should have played Hollywood Sligh.

That deck is burning in 'MTG Hell' as we speak. My matchups by round:

1. R/w Vial Goblins
2. Train Wreck
3. Solidarity
4. U/G/r Gro
5. Affinity (w/ G)
6. Terrageddon

Mulletus
04-22-2007, 10:24 AM
The TO's and judges took notes through the day's feature matches, I'd like to see them post some decklists and/or reports. They did the same through the top 8. They had talks of making this a monthly event, I look forward to that.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, FYI to everyone. At the tournament yesterday, they announced another Dual Land Draft tournament the Saturday after Colombus!!! :smile:

There was free pizza, and they said next time they will most likely shell out free soda as well. There is a lan room that you can use for free, a pool table, two T.V.'s equipped with Guitar Hero, PS2 & PS3, and Gamecube. The place is freakin awesome.

Peter_Rotten
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
The place is freakin awesome.

/agree

If I lived close to this, I'd be hiding from my family there every weekend.

Shriekmaw
04-22-2007, 10:57 AM
The place is freakin awesome.

I agree. This place had everything you wanted, and wasn't that far for us players in Syracuse to get to. I know we will definitely be going back for future Duel of Duals tournaments. The free pizza was definitely as plus for all the players that were in the tournament.

Peter_Rotten
04-22-2007, 12:21 PM
How about the pseudo-waitress serving the pizza to us while we play? That was a tourney first for me.

Zach Tartell
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
How about the pseudo-waitress serving the pizza to us while we play? That was a tourney first for me.

Wait, like, "Hot Yugioh Mom" type waitress? Or "busted comic shop owner's wife" type waitress?

Di
04-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes, FYI to everyone. At the tournament yesterday, they announced another Dual Land Draft tournament the Saturday after Colombus!!!

The week after Columbus seems rather bad. Basically every Legacy player is going to be taking the Columbus weekend off from work, not to mention be spending a lot of money. The weekend right after might be difficult because players won't be able to take back-to-back weekends off from work, not to mention many players aren't going to have the funds to travel for another tournament the following week. I would probably give it 2-3 weeks after Columbus so there is a better chance of turnout.

rjohnson189
04-22-2007, 04:58 PM
nate isaac has all of the notes, and the decklists are still at the store.

Ill get them posted up within the week :) and hopefully nate can write up the feature match stuff in a timely manner.

colarocco7
04-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I thought the tourament director was a quite a handsome fellow:wink:

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-22-2007, 07:23 PM
The week after Columbus seems rather bad. Basically every Legacy player is going to be taking the Columbus weekend off from work, not to mention be spending a lot of money. The weekend right after might be difficult because players won't be able to take back-to-back weekends off from work, not to mention many players aren't going to have the funds to travel for another tournament the following week. I would probably give it 2-3 weeks after Columbus so there is a better chance of turnout.

The tournament was originally scheduled to be the weekend OF GP Colombus, but they were quickly informed that literally 0 people would show up. Since they changed it once, I donno if they will switch it again. What do you say Rob? I'm down for it being the week after Colombus, all this Legacy in a row is sweet.

Di
04-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Changing the scheduling of the event shouldn't be an issue at all. I made the point because I know people, along with myself, wouldn't be able to do it the weekend after because I can't afford to take off 2 weekends in a row and shell out travel expenses and whatnot. Between the cost of Columbus and this the next week, it could end up being a lot. You gotta think of the players in that regard. Plus, why would they not want to move the tournament back a couple weeks if it meant an extra 10-20 people? I mean the last tournament we can't even use statisfically because it was only 40 people. Do you honestly want the next one to fall short as well?

Janos_Wuryon
04-22-2007, 10:07 PM
just a quick thought for those who are interested in the results of this tourney.... 9th place blows hard.....
I know if I played goblins I would never play ringleader and rip 2x piledriver and matron for the win 2 games in a row... and if i played combo I couldnt pull off 7 cabal therapies in a row g2 then combo out on t3 game 3.... but to summarize 9th place blows.... and the game store in newark was great..

Shriekmaw
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
just a quick thought for those who are interested in the results of this tourney.... 9th place blows hard.....
I know if I played goblins I would never play ringleader and rip 2x piledriver and matron for the win 2 games in a row... and if i played combo I couldnt pull off 7 cabal therapies in a row g2 then combo out on t3 game 3.... but to summarize 9th place blows.... and the game store in newark was great..

Its always tough to come in 9th place. How about being 4-1 and be the only one to get paired down and lose to a awful matchup for Goblins in Boros. I would say thats also pretty tough to deal with.

Hopefully this coming weekend I'll be able to get into the top 8.

Janos_Wuryon
04-23-2007, 07:03 AM
yeah 4-1 then a bad beat is terrible, how about seeing that the guy who had 2x miracle ringleader pulls to win games 2 and 3 got the 8th spot over you! it sucks even worse. Oh well every bad beat now hopefully reduces the number I suffer in columbus.

rjohnson189
04-23-2007, 08:35 AM
What weekend would you suggest for the tournament if not the week after columbus?

bigbear102
04-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I heard they are gonna try to do a D4D every month. I don't know if they will be able to pull off the number of people every month, but that would be sweet.

scrumdogg
04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
You might also want to consider not doing the same weekend as the Dragon's Lair dual land tournaments (which are always last weekend of the month). I realize there is a geographic distance but you both lose people from the border area (Albany specifically) and guarantee that those closer to each event go that event, not maximize potential attendance at both.