PDA

View Full Version : Interview with David Gearhart

Bryant Cook
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
This great article was done by Finn.

http://mtgsalvation.com/584-what-next-gearhart.html

herbig
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I've seen some drastically bad plays come from Solidarity players who people think are good.

I hope that isn't directed at me!

A really good article though.

troopatroop
04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
So good.

Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Very entertaining.

(Dave, remind me next time I'm at the frog to give you a cookie or something.):cool:

Ewokslayer
04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I was mentioned by
THE DAVID GEARHART
OMG!

I am awesome.

So, has Jack pointed out that he is more specialer because he got interviewed first?

Deep6er
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I hope that isn't directed at me!

A really good article though.

Hmm, looks like I forgot how dumb you are. I guess next time I'll say it was you specifically. :)

Also, David Gearhart approves of this article. There was enough David Gearhart to make David Gearhart happy about the content of David Gearhart. Goddamn, I love being David Gearhart.

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Hmm, looks like I forgot how dumb you are. I guess next time I'll say it was you specifically. :)

Also, David Gearhart approves of this article. There was enough David Gearhart to make David Gearhart happy about the content of David Gearhart. Goddamn, I love being David Gearhart.It doesn't work anymore. We all now know that in truth, you're a scared little puppy overcompensating for his fear with arrogance.

Caboose
04-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I wish I could support this article, but it's written by the guy who's ass I'm kicking at GP Columbus.

But <3 Gearhart :tongue:

URABAHN
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
That was a spectacular interview. Props to Finn for asking great questions and Props to Dave for showing us how eloquent he can be.

freakish777
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL

I've Twincasted spells like Fact or Fiction, Predict (with my own Brainstorm just resolved), and even Lim-Dul's Vault

I think you forgot to mention that when you targetted Lim-Dul's Vault with Twincast that Twincast was the last card in your hand and you didn't have Flash of Insight in the bin (at least that's the scenario I remember from Kadi's 1st DLD when you played Shane in the last round and got knocked out of T8).

herbig
04-12-2007, 06:26 PM

Gearbear you know you love me.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Not enough Herbig in this article.

Deep6er
04-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Gearbear you know you love me.

I will stab you with a rusty spoon. You too Mr. NightJerk...wait, uh Mr. Jerkmare? Hmm, Jerky McFairyPants. There. Jerk.

Finn
04-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah Dave, you are the man for giving animated responses. And it was probably wise to not show up "in character". :)

Now if I could just get Bardo to

...Speak Your Mind, Sir!
Time is-a-wasting.

Bardo
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Nice article, I liked it. :)

Dave - When I heard you were splashing Red, I assumed it was was for ETW. Does the whole "not an instant" kill ETW as an alternate kill?

Now if I could just get Bardo to

...Speak Your Mind, Sir!
Time is-a-wasting.

I pretty much suck, sorry. :(

I am, however, working on it at the moment. Just really, really slowly.

Belgareth
04-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Great article :)
Does this mean we get bardo next ??

If so , hurry the hell up bardo :p I think yours would be the most interesting of the lot.

Bardo
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Great article :)
Does this mean we get bardo next ??

I might have been first, dunno. I received Finn's questions weeks ago (more than a month?) and got sucked into writing this insanely long article for SCG next week. The thing finally topped off at 10,256 words: 24 pages of single-spaced 11-point Times print. Sweet jesus. Hopefully Craig won't rip it to shreds. I guess we'll all find out together next Thursday.

Re: The interview piece, I have it open and am really making a slow-go of it. Unlike Dave, I find it weird to talk about myself.

If so , hurry the hell up bardo :p I think yours would be the most interesting of the lot.

The very last thing I need is a heightened sense of expectation. :wink: I can make no promises.

Belgareth
04-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Bardo I've liked all of your articles , as I like your style of writing.
Reason I want to read interview with yourself , is because you indirectly convinced me to play UGW Threshold (which I won a tourny with).

Look forward to your next articles Bardo and Finn.
I really should get back into writing :( I had a huge article written on legacy but scraped it a few months ago.

noobslayer
04-13-2007, 06:22 PM
When is my article Finn? Kidding. Great read though, my favorite so far.

Happy Gilmore
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I will stab you with a rusty spoon. You too Mr. NightJerk...wait, uh Mr. Jerkmare? Hmm, Jerky McFairyPants. There. Jerk.

Your fingers are writing checks your body can't cash. Be careful how much you play up this Jerk of a character you have adopted. Magic players are shady people after all.

hi-val
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't want to be Negative Nancy here but I didn't really learn anything from this article. It was full of softball questions that don't really tell us anything new. New players aren't going to be able to use it as a primer and experienced players won't find any new info.

I'd like to see hardball questions like:

-Why do you think Solidarity, which is usually a turn-4 combo, is playable in the current metagame? Do you worry that it is too slow? Do you feel it underpowered in ways?

-Why play this storm deck over ones that can dump 10 Goblins on the board or Mind Twist the entire hand away on the first turn, in addition to having Tendrils of Agony kills?

-When do you see yourself giving up High Tide decks? What would have to happen for them to be unplayable?

-Do you think your experience with High Tide has made you a weaker player, vis-a-vis Goblins, like you said?

That's interesting stuff.

Again, not trying to be negative, just constructive.