Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Are they going to be legal at Columbus?

Edit:

Regarding Tarmogoyf,

here is a theoretical:

first turn fetch, into serum visions

second turn Tarmogoyf (2/3)

eot my opponent lightning bolts the Tarmogoyf...

does it die? Is it similar to threshold and pyroclasm?

Pinder
04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I dunno. Technically they become legal during the GP, but I'm not sure if they'll let us play with them because technically they aren't legal till day 2. And I don't think that it would be very good to have people change their deck between days to add new cards.

Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I dunno. Technically they become legal during the GP, but I'm not sure if they'll let us play with them because technically they aren't legal till day 2. And I don't think that it would be very good to have people change their deck between days to add new cards.

hmm...that leaves more questions than answers. Where is Aki when you need him. :frown:

Ewokslayer
04-12-2007, 02:10 PM
If a card isn't legal before a tournament starts then it is not legal for the entire tournament.

Pinder
04-12-2007, 02:30 PM
If a card isn't legal before a tournament starts then it is not legal for the entire tournament.

That's good, because Yixlid Jailer absolutely ruins the build of Friggorid I'm taking to the GP.

Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 02:33 PM
That's good, because Yixlid Jailer absolutely ruins the build of Friggorid I'm taking to the GP.

you have balls bringing Friggorid to the GP lol.

cdr
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Since they have not announced otherwise, Future Sight will not be legal for Columbus.

Tarmogoyf + a new type is exactly like Magnivore + sorcery or threshold + Pyroclasm - state based effects are only checked when the spell has completely resolved and is in the graveyard.

freakish777
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, your guy is a 2/3. Lightning Bolt is put on the stack, you say "Ok," puts 3 damage on your Lhurgoyf, and resolves going to the graveyard. When state-based effects are checked, your Lhurgoyf is a 3/4 with 3 damage on it. The same happens if you have a 4/4 Magnivore and you cast Wildfire. After resolution is when SBE are checked and at that point in time your creature is a 5/5 with 4 damage on it.

As far as the GP goes, chances are they'll tell us that "oh yeah the GP lets you play with FS." Similar to how when Dissension came out States was the first legal tournament and happened to be the same day it was legal (it generates more sales as suddenly you have to scramble to get the cards for that tournament, and do a bunch of testing).

EDIT: Akki beat me to it.

Happy Gilmore
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Could they make that creature any more powerful? Seriously, that guys if just plain disgusting.