PDA

View Full Version : Albany Testing!

Peter_Rotten
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
OK, I'm heading to Sci and Hobby in Watervliet this Saturday at 5PM to do some testing for upcoming events.

Anyone interested in getting whupped by TES, Goblins, or the omnipotent BurningTog?

Shane? Norm? Others?

Or, do you knuckleheads have a better idea?

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Better idea - Get some people to drive to Syracuse for the weekly Legacy tournament, and play against good players for prizes!

Peter_Rotten
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Better idea - Get some people to drive to Syracuse for the weekly Legacy tournament, and play against good players for prizes!

Interesting. I'd at least entertain the idea - although the wife probably won't! LOL! Give me the Cuse details, plz.

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5480

Peter_Rotten
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Ugh. Probably too late for me... unless I drive up for the sealed also and make a day of it. What time does the Legacy event usually get over?

Nightmare
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Ugh. Probably too late for me... unless I drive up for the sealed also and make a day of it. What time does the Legacy event usually get over?Store closes at 8, so no later than that. We usually run right up to it, though.

Di
04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Considering he'd be driving people up and stuff, and depending on how good the turnout is, I think it would be a good idea to bump up the time and give some time for top4 or something. It'd be pretty much a waste for them to drive 2 hours to have a tournament with top4 standings and stuff, you know. Gotta make it worthwhile.

Peter_Rotten
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Don't jump the gun here. I don't know what we're doing, so don't change anything for us.

Di
04-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm not talking about a permanent change or anything like that. I'm just saying if we knew ahead of time you guys were planning on attending and were going to make the drive for that given day, we could fix things up to have a better event.

Tacosnape
04-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Legacy players should all secede and form a 51st State, where we could all live and have tournaments at will. Our state bird could even be the Bird of Paradise.

Phantom
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Legacy players should all secede and form a 51st State, where we could all live and have tournaments at will. Our state bird could even be the Sea Drake.

Corrected.

I'm gonna pretend like this never happened so we can still be friends...

Watcher487
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Shane? Norm? Others?

No, I'm all for testing or at least trying to get a tourney together. The 'cuse idea is interesting, since it's Saturday afternoon, but the whole travel 2 hours to play against something I can build in 5 mins doesn't seem too keen. Especially since, I can keep my awesome tech to myself over here. Regardless of which, I'm still will probably show up at Sci//Hobby just to either goldfish or test randomly.

iOWN
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Corrected.

I'm gonna pretend like this never happened so we can still be friends...

Or we could just have Birds of Paradise as our state bird, and Sea Drake as our state dragon.

Peter_Rotten
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm going, Shane's going, and Norm is pretty definite. I think Nick C. is probably going also.

Afro
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm going, Shane's going, and Norm is pretty definite. I think Nick C. is probably going also.

i got a call from norm saying u werent even going to Kaddies tourney any more. So what is it/

Peter_Rotten
04-13-2007, 08:31 AM
i got a call from norm saying u werent even going to Kaddies tourney any more. So what is it/

It's my son's first T-Ball game and the wife is out of town that day. Somehow, T-Ball pwnt Magic.

Nightmare
04-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Going to Sci&Hobby, or going to our house?

Peter_Rotten
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Sci&Hobby. Sry.

Nightmare
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
You suck.

Peter_Rotten
04-13-2007, 10:35 AM
But at least I'll suck within five minutes of my home.

Drathro
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Woo-hoo testing! I'm going to try to make it down to Science & Hobby this Saturday. I'm several cards short of most of the "Top Decks," but if somebody brings standard (not Standard) gauntlet test decks, I'd be happy to be a Test Monkey.

Also, I could possibly proxy a few things up, and I'll definitely bring some rogue and/or lame deck with me.

Watcher487
04-13-2007, 10:46 PM

Hey I'm more than willing to drive anyone out there.

Bryant Cook
04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Dear Mr. Rotten,

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news, we've located your testicles. They happen to be lodged in the back of your throat; if you would kindly remove them and get back to your manly nature it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The 'Cuse metagame

Peter_Rotten
04-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Dear Mr. Rotten,

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news, we've located your testicles. They happen to be lodged in the back of your throat; if you would kindly remove them and get back to your manly nature it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The 'Cuse metagame

Bah! You're lucky I'm not coming up there to T4 with Burning Tog and embarrass the hell out of your meta.