PDA

View Full Version : Rise in prices?

swishandamiss
04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Are the obscene rises in prices in cards such as badlands, sea drakes, and lions eye diamonds here to stay or just a Gp trend.

Badlands are 20+ each on ebay
sea drakes are fetching 150+ a playset
Lions eye Diamonds to 30+ for a set

any other cards you guys see rising fast?

because a month and a half ago drakes for 20-25 each, badlands were 15, and diamonds were 5

Shriekmaw
04-17-2007, 04:09 PM
The trend in rising prices usually depends on what season it is. During extended season a lot of the popular cards that people would play had an increase in price, but after the season ended some of the cards went down to what they were before.

I feel like the same thing has happened with the Legacy GP coming up. A lot of cards that were at average prices will go up as a result of popular decks that people will be playing at the GP.

Happy Gilmore
04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Are the obscene rises in prices in cards such as badlands, sea drakes, and lions eye diamonds here to stay or just a Gp trend.

Badlands are 20+ each on ebay
sea drakes are fetching 150+ a playset
Lions eye Diamonds to 30+ for a set

any other cards you guys see rising fast?

because a month and a half ago drakes for 20-25 each, badlands were 15, and diamonds were 5

not sure about the Drakes, I had a dealer pay me 35 a piece for mine. Those have been crazy high for a while.

Firebrothers
04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
If you got extra duels or fetches you want to get rid of now would be a good time.

Brushwagg
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
The rise in price is due to the Gp, and GPTS. I mean look at the popular decks right now. Badlands are in Red Death, which Anwar has been doing well with lately so I'm not surprised.

LEDs:There in TES, which is really popular right now. Also IGGY plays them. Both will be out in force.

Drakes:The hardest card to find in Faerie Stompy. Which can be a good meta call in both the trials and the GP.

They should go back once the GP is over but that depends on where said decks place.

Nightmare
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
glad I'm selling Teeniebopper's cards right now.

swishandamiss
04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
I am gonna sell my sea drake

Tacosnape
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
The Drakes are only sky high right now because nobody can get them. If you find them locally, there's usually not a high demand for them and you can pick them up cheaply. I picked up two of my four for Faerie Stompy for $20 apiece just the other day.

Badlands are Anwar's fault. Lion's Eye Diamonds, blame on Wastedlife. Red Death and The Epic Storm are very very hot decks right now, both because of their incredible effectiveness and relative inexpensiveness (Alright, Red Death packs around a $400 tag, but that's cheaper than a lot of competitive decks, and Epic Storm's cheap as hell.)

But yeah, the GP makes a difference.

Happy Gilmore
04-17-2007, 10:54 PM
The Drakes are only sky high right now because nobody can get them. If you find them locally, there's usually not a high demand for them and you can pick them up cheaply. I picked up two of my four for Faerie Stompy for $20 apiece just the other day.

Badlands are Anwar's fault. Lion's Eye Diamonds, blame on Wastedlife. Red Death and The Epic Storm are very very hot decks right now, both because of their incredible effectiveness and relative inexpensiveness (Alright, Red Death packs around a $400 tag, but that's cheaper than a lot of competitive decks, and Epic Storm's cheap as hell.)

But yeah, the GP makes a difference.

It depends on what you call cheep, I picked up my set for a total of $2.00 before GP Philly. Thats the cheepness I like to see :wink: .

Bryant Cook
04-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Lion's Eye Diamonds, blame on Wastedlife.
Next stop, the Banhammer.