PDA

View Full Version : Rules change - Limited

Mulletus
04-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I know this is a legacy site, but this weekend is the prerelease. Did anyone notice the rules change where you can chnge your deck in between matches. Apparently the head judge has a final say if he/she will allow it. I just thought that was kinda nuts. If I'm reading the rules change correctly, you can only change it in a prerelease event.

edit: Oh crap, I put this in the wrong spot. Can someone move it? pls/ty

iOWN
04-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I know this is a legacy site, but this weekend is the prerelease. Did anyone notice the rules change where you can chnge your deck in between matches. Apparently the head judge has a final say if he/she will allow it. I just thought that was kinda nuts. If I'm reading the rules change correctly, you can only change it in a prerelease event.

Wait, what? You can sideboard in between matches and not have to unsideboard? Or you can use an older deck from a previous flight? :confused:

Ewokslayer
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Wait, what? You can sideboard in between matches and not have to unsideboard? Or you can use an older deck from a previous flight? :confused:

I imagine that it is no longer illegal to change your deck in between matches using your available card pool, a practice that is often done at prereleases as new players are taught by others how to correctly build a limited deck.

Using cards from a previous flight would be illegal.

is there a link to this rule change?

Since Prereleases are the general method of introducing players to tournament magic I don't really see a problem with the new rule for a couple of reasons.
1) It is already done currently and no one gives a crap
2) Making new players play multiple rounds with decks that suck ass after another player has told them how to improve their deck isn't fun.
3) It teaches people how to play limited as they can actually see how the choices they make in building a deck affect its play using the same card pool.

Nightmare
04-20-2007, 12:37 PM
There's been some discussion to the effect of Pre-Releases becoming un-sanctioned events, specifically because of this learning atmosphere. I'm not surprised by this rules change at all.

Ewokslayer
04-20-2007, 12:41 PM
There's been some discussion to the effect of Pre-Releases becoming un-sanctioned events, specifically because of this learning atmosphere. I'm not surprised by this rules change at all.

But then how will my Limited rating go up?

Nihil Credo
04-20-2007, 01:12 PM
But then how will my Limited rating go up?
Get some Vintage players to play Limited with you. "You can block with more than one creature?"

3eowulf
04-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Since I couldn't find anywhere this change, could you please link your source? Thanks.

cdr
04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Since I couldn't find anywhere this change, could you please link your source? Thanks.

It was announced to tournament organizers and judges on the mailing lists. Tournament organizers of prereleases have to specifically request the rules exemption - not all prereleases might decide to do it.

I'm not sure if it's been publically announced anywhere.

Ewokslayer
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure if it's been publically announced anywhere.

I looked for it and couldn't find crap. One would think they would put this and other changes, such as putting crap on your deck to remember upkeep triggers, on the magic website in an easy to find place.

cdr
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Ok, it's there, just not easy to find. They hid it away on the judge section.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/article/20070411a