PDA

View Full Version : Possibility that Future Sight will be legal at Columbus?!

Happy Gilmore
04-21-2007, 10:17 AM
In Mike Flores' article he states that he is testing the blue pact for Columbus, or atleast thats what I got out of what he says. That could very well mean that Future Sight will be legal.

The article is found here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/mf142

I hope I am wrong, seeing only what I want to see. I am worried because testing so many new cards takes time, time I am not sure we have.

sammiel
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
In Mike Flores' article he states that he is testing the blue pact for Columbus, or atleast thats what I got out of what he says. That could very well mean that Future Sight will be legal.

The article is found here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/mf142

I hope I am wrong, seeing only what I want to see. I a worried because testing so many new cards takes time, time I am not sure we have.

no

he is saying that his teammates are testing decks for columbus, and they mention force of will. then he goes into talking about pact.

I think the card won't see serious play in legacy, but blue is getting REALLY degenerate in standard.

Happy Gilmore
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
no

he is saying that his teammates are testing decks for columbus, and they mention force of will. then he goes into talking about pact.

I think the card won't see serious play in legacy, but blue is getting REALLY degenerate in standard.

I hope your right, but the thought of needing to test a whole new set of cards in a month makes me nervous. Like I said, I might be seeing something that isn't there.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Release- May 4th

Tournament- May 19th

Players would have less than two weeks to collect new cards, including travel time. Unlikely.

cdr
04-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I hope your right, but the thought of needing to test a whole new set of cards in a month makes me nervous. Like I said, I might be seeing something that isn't there.

Flores isn't the most readable guy, but come on. He mentions legacy in one sentence while talking about Force of Will. Pact wasn't even in the context.

In short: No.

revenge_inc
04-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I thought new sets became tournament legal for constructed the 20th of the month they were released (or the 20th of the next).

Which would mean that if the GP starts on the 19th Future Sight won't be legal.

Anusien
04-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I thought new sets became tournament legal for constructed the 20th of the month they were released (or the 20th of the next).

Which would mean that if the GP starts on the 19th Future Sight won't be legal.
Correct. Future Sight will not be legal for Grand Prix: Columbus.

Bardo
04-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Correct. Future Sight will not be legal for Grand Prix: Columbus.

Stupid Gregorian calendar. If the Saturday fell on the 20th, instead of the 19th, FS would be legal.