PDA

View Full Version : [Duel For Duals] Newark, NY 05/26/07

rjohnson189
04-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Yep. Thats correct.

We will be shelling out a complete set of duals again. THEY ARE GUARUNTEED!

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: entry fee is now going to 30$, i apologize if this causes any inconvience, and if it is a huge problem please post so, and we will consider changing it.

BUT! With the increase of price, we will obviously be giving out more prizes, that means, prizes beyond the top 8, including random door prizes. If we get 50+ people, Dual lands will be included in the door prizes.

The doors will open at 10am at the latest. The tournament will be attempted to start at 11am. Decklists will be required, feel welcome to bring them in advance if you wish to save the time.

The event will unfortunately be unsanctioned. We will be looking into getting a certified level 1 judge in the future.

As the first event, free pizza, computer time, gaming time and internet access will be avaible to all in the tournament.

Side events will be done based on demand.

We are aware this is the weekend after columbus, so some people mightn ot be able to get the time off, but hopefully it wont effect it to much, and we can have one a month afterwards if all goes well.

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING: entry fee is now going to 30$, i apologize if this causes any inconvience, and if it is a huge problem please post so, and we will consider changing it.

I have no problem shelling out an extra $5.00, but some people probably would. Especially considering that it is the weekend after GP Colombus and many will be financially drained and whatnot, I think $25.00 is the better route to take. If it has to stay at 30 then fine, but 25 would be much more awesome!!

freakish777
04-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I have no problem with the date. I'm down for bigger Legacy evernts every weekend for 2 months straight (1st Newark DLD, Kadi's, Rochester GPT, Toronto GPT, Columbus, Newark 2).

clavio
04-26-2007, 04:24 PM
After my Columbus plans got shut down, it looks like I'll be going to this with two minions.

$30 is ok by me.

rjohnson189
04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
looks like this is probally getting moved to june 9th.

sadly i wont be there.

Ive been recently force to move to north carolina, im actually leaving this tuesday.

so ill see you all at kadis but not this.

Nate and cody will probally be judging this. It shouldnt be a problem

NANTUKO_SHADY
04-26-2007, 09:05 PM

sadly i wont be there.

Ive been recently force to move to north carolina, im actually leaving this tuesday.

I guess that's ok, just let us know when the date is definite.

P.S. - We will miss you Rob, mucho love.

Shriekmaw
04-26-2007, 09:07 PM

sadly i wont be there.

I'm sorry to hear that this is going to get moved to June 9th, and that you will be leaving the great state of New York.

I won't be able to attend, because regionals are on the same day, but I'll look forward to coming to future events.

clavio
05-13-2007, 04:13 PM
So is this definitely happening on June 9th?

Peter_Rotten
05-13-2007, 04:18 PM
So is this definitely happening on June 9th?

Seconded. I'd like to fix the calendar if it is getting moved.

cdr
05-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I think Rob and Nate ran away to join the circus.

You'll probably have to call the store to confirm.

Nihil Credo
05-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Moving it from May to June means that there is a very real chance that Flash gets the axe before that, so it seems a good thing.

BossOfTheGame
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Is this defiantly going to get moved? I would really help to have confirmation.

legacyplayer0
05-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Moving it from May to June means that there is a very real chance that Flash gets the axe before that, so it seems a good thing.

Yeah, Flash and Future Sight at the same time seems like a great way to people away. Having it June 9th solves that problem.

NANTUKO_SHADY
05-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Agreed. Have it June 9th, and we won't have to deal with Hulk-Flash and it's broken-ness. Also, more people will come since it won't be the week immediately following GP Colombus.

bigbear102
05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Well I can't guarantee to be there June 9th, but as it is I won't be going if Flash is legal anyway, as I don't have the cards to play a relevent deck in the metagame right now. Local tourneys at 5 bucks don't bother me, but 30 is a bit steep knowing I can't beat the best deck. I guess I vote June 9th, or since it's not sanctioned anyway then just ban Flash and I'll be there the 26th.

bigbear102
05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Sooo..... I'm gonna guess that this is not going on if the organizer hasn't given a firm date or answered any questions in the last few weeks.... hint hint.

Shriekmaw
05-21-2007, 09:30 PM
When is this event going to happen? Is it going to be next weekend on the 26th or is it going to be moved on Regionals weekend?

NANTUKO_SHADY
05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
This event is probably not going to go down. Rjohnson, the one who organized and advertised the previous tournament on the source ran away to the Carnival based out of North Carolina. No joke. He is gone, so unless the store owner announces something, this is most likely a no go.