PDA

View Full Version : [Article] What's Next for Legacy? Those Nasty Spikes (Interview with Bardo)

Nightmare
04-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Finn's lates article for www.mtgsalvation.com hit the press today, in the form of an interview with Dan Spero (Bardo). Link here (http://mtgsalvation.com/595-what-next-for-legacy-those-nasty-spikes.html).

In many ways [Dan] represents my polar opposite in Magic. He selects his decks based on merit, where I insist on competing with my own contraptions no matter what. He is a devotee of Blue, where I strive to make Blue mages pay for their crimes. He sticks with what clearly works. I seek the hidden gems. He is Spike. I am Johhny. I have met many Bardos before, as I am sure he has met many Finns. We do not travel the same path. So naturally his perceptions and opinions are completely different from mine. This just demonstrates how differently players can approach this game.

Check out the sick name drops of Chris Coppola and Adam Barnello!

Bardo
04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Um, great article. :)

Citrus-God
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I hope you attend. I would be very happy to meet you for the first time. Knowing your personality and writing style by now, I figure it's not going to be very hard to converse with you.

Deep6er
04-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I find it humorous that Bardo wants to play against Solidarity all day, as I would like to play against Bardo Threshold all day as well. I can say with some certainty that our testing results are pretty drasically different. Also, it'd be humorous. Anyway, about the article itself, I think it was reasonably well done. I did like the credits to Ian, Alix and Jesse though. Good job. Obviously though, needs more Gearhart. :)

TheInfamousBearAssassin
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
I want to see Bardo go against Gearhart in a hundred games. Loser gets namebanned.

frogboy
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Actually just watching Bardo and Gearhart interact would be worth the ticket.

Volt
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
That would be a blast. My money's on Bardo, even though Gearhart is fucking awesome.

Great article, btw.

Di
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
As for how you navigate the hate, Engineered Explosives, set to zero, is remarkably effective at blowing up any number of Chalices (except a Chalice set to zero, of course).

I LOL'D at this. Go go people not knowing how to play EE properly.

Otherwise good article.

Bardo
04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I want to see Bardo go against Gearhart in a hundred games. Loser gets namebanned.

"Real men" play for the ip-banhammer, incidentally. ;)

I LOL'D at this. Go go people not knowing how to play EE properly.

That's just me anticipating that ass who says: "nu-uh, can't drop an EE for 0 when a ch4lice for 0 is on the board, n00b."

Fuck that guy.

Cait_Sith
04-27-2007, 07:44 PM
The hard part about Legacy deck-building is that remaining margin, where you can find very cool interactions like Task Force, Shaman En-Kor and Starlit Sanctum.

Ummmm. So you were playing to swing for 2 all day? (You want Daru Spiritualist or Diamond Valley). I play Life quite a bit, so I got this on the brain.

Bardo
04-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Ummmm. So you were playing to swing for 2 all day? (You want Daru Spiritualist or Diamond Valley). I play Life quite a bit, so I got this on the brain.

When it comes to combo decks, I pretty much have a gene missing--as reflected in the portion of the article you quoted. 'So much for trying to sound smart. :)

frogboy
04-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Shaman en-Kor and Task Force aren't the most efficient Life combo pieces, but they get the job done, as does Sanctum. What are you driving at here?

Bardo
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Shaman en-Kor and Task Force aren't the most efficient Life combo pieces, but they get the job done, as does Sanctum. What are you driving at here?

Task Force isn't a cleric and won't sac to Sanctum. I should have said Worthy Cause, etc. Ah well. Again, more proof that I should just stick away from combo decks. ;)

frogboy
04-27-2007, 08:06 PM
How sick, I didn't even know that. I cheat in testing all the time :<.

Caboose
04-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Great article! Sometimes it's fun to pretend like Finn knows about the format :smile: