PDA

View Full Version : [Kiki-Jiki] vs. [Sneak Attack]

Michael Keller
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Kiki-Jiki's Oracle Text:

Text (CK+errata): 2/2, Haste. ; {Tap}: Put a token into play that's a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control. That creature token has haste. Sacrifice it at end of turn. [Oracle 2005/08/01]

Sneak Attack's Oracle Text:

Text (US+errata): {R}: Put a creature card from your hand into play. That creature gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice the creature at end of turn. [Oracle 1999/05/01]

I was just thinking about it: Because of the way Kiki-Jiki is worded, you can obviously keep creature tokens in play using the stack and the 'end of the turn' step to your advantage. What I'm curious about is can you maintain your Sneak Attacked creature in play using the same set of stipulations? It seems like it would work based on the similar way each is worded through Oracle...

Cait_Sith
04-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I was just thinking about it: Because of the way Kiki-Jiki is worded, you can obviously keep creature tokens in play using the stack and the 'end of the turn' step to your advantage. What I'm curious about is can you maintain your Sneak Attacked creature in play using the same set of stipulations? It seems like it would work based on the similar way each is worded through Oracle...

Yes you can. Remember, the token/creature still dies at the end of your opponents turn. The ability creates a delayed trigger that triggers at the beginning of the next end of turn step.