PDA

View Full Version : Fetchin dudes

Ta Jugs
04-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Can you fetch out that new forest/creature thing....and if so does that mean you can fetch out mistform ultimus its sorta a silly quetion but im curious?

Zach Tartell
04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Mistform Ultimus is a creature. This guy is a Land Creature. So, no on the ultimus, maybe on this guy. Yes, mabye?

iOWN
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Can you fetch out that new forest/creature thing....and if so does that mean you can fetch out mistform ultimus its sorta a silly quetion but im curious?

You can fetch the Dryad Arbor because it is a forest. You cannot fetch out a Mistform Ultimus because it states that it's 'every creature type', and the instance of "forest" on Arbor is a land subtype. Would be pretty nutty if you could, though.

Dryad Arbor is a land and a creature, so it must have two subtypes. It's land subtype is forest, and it's creature subtype is dryad.

AngryTroll
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Does this mean we can get Island Fish Jasconius again? Woo!

Tech for the thresh mirrors.

I realize that this doesn't work. Probably.

noobslayer
04-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd assume not as Island Fish has a casting cost, where as Arbor does not.

kicks_422
04-30-2007, 07:34 PM
It would be impossible to grab a whole Island Fish from a Strand or a Delta. Island, sure... But Island Fish?...

iOWN
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I'd assume not as Island Fish has a casting cost, where as Arbor does not.

It wouldn't matter even if they printed a Land Creature that has a casting cost. Island-Fish is a creature type, and Fetchlands look for the basic land type Island.