PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Millennium

quicksilver
05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
This thread is about millennium games and hobbies in Rochester NY.

Well apparently Ed Fear doesn't care about his employees or his customers. After chuck got fired for no good reason I am pretty pissed at Ed. I highly encourage others to boycott Millennium. Anyone who is a friend of chucks should support him. I know I will never be back there and I will not support a store that treats its customers and employees so rudely.

noobslayer
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
What the fuck? That's like the douchiest thing I've ever heard of. Chuck has been nothing short of stellar for the Legacy scene in Rochester. He's the most competent judge I've ever met, and is always courteous, friendly, and encouraging of newer players. This is ridiculous. In the meantime what do you suggest we do Dave? I'm not to aware of other sanctioned events in our local area.

Cabal_chan
05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow. While I cannot say I know anything about this matter (Given that I haven't been to Millenium for a while), I'll have to go by what's posted here. Though Millenium, unless things dramatically changed since the last I was there, has other products aside from MtG, so I am uncertain of how effective a boycott would be. I'm not against a boycott or anything by any means.

Baldo's Armory is still in exisistance, isn't it?

quicksilver
05-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Well I don't really expect it to put him under or anything or make much of a signifigant impact. It's more on principle, support your fiends and don't support someone that tries to screw your firends over.

And yes, I am pretty sure Baldo's is still around, perhaps I will start going there.

Cabal_chan
05-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Well I don't really expect it to put him under or anything or make much of a signifigant impact. It's more on principle, support your fiends and don't support someone that tries to screw your firends over.

I see. Entirely doable :smile: . I never liked the prices there.

cdr
05-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Since this was posted, I thought I would make a few things clear.

I was not fired - I was banned indefinitely.

On Saturday May 5, when I went in to run Millennium's Future Sight release event, Ed Fear (the owner) immediately snapped at me for not putting information up about the event. Fair enough. (Ed tends to communicate with employees by snapping at them, I'm used to it.) After a couple of exchanges, he walked up to me out of the blue, said I was banned from the store and had ten minutes to get out, and then walked away.

I can understand "firing" me from running events, if he really thought I was doing that bad of a job. Banning me from the store, though, I can only see as petty, capricious meanness on Ed's part.

Otherwise, Millennium is a fine store though. Nothing wrong with the prices (which are very fair for a game store) or anything else.

If someone really wants to know to know detail(s), you can IM me.

Windux
05-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I support this idea totally!
If I ever going to travel to this area, I do not go to millenium :)

Shriekmaw
05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to Chuck at Millennium games. To boycott the store based on this one incident is pretty stupid. I wish that the players in Syracuse had a store like this one to play at. I can understand where a lot of players in Rochester might be angry, but this is a very good store that does treat their customers well most of the time.

I cherish the opportunities that I get to come out in Rochester and play at Millennium.

herbig
05-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Boycotting the store completely is impossible, since all of the GPTs and PTQs are held there, but this situation seems incredibly stupid on the part of the store owner. Chuck is really the best employee they have for running events. I know I wouldn't attend any of Rochester's regular events as a result of this.

When I lived in the Roc two summers ago, Baldo's was doing free Legacy tournaments every Friday evening for random junk rares. There wasn't any competition, but it was still fun to go trade and hang out. You could probably convince him to run better tournaments if you had the support and wanted to up the ante a little. They have an upstairs where they hold the tournaments that can fit a good number of people.

juventus
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
If only baldo's wasn't so dirty >_<

I'm really mad chuck got banned, he has been the judge of literally 98% of the legacy tournaments I have attended, and has always done a great job. He's also a nice, fairly quiet guy, so the ban really surprised me. I'm not sure if a boycott is the best idea; maybe we can petition to get chuck back? I know tournaments will suck without him. (he gets banned JUST as I get back into magic too -_-)

quicksilver
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
I personally have no interest of going back there. I would much rather prefer to start hsoting tournements at some other location, such as Baldos.

kirdape3
05-06-2007, 09:36 PM
The next time I am in the store, I am liable to ask whoever's there to speak to Ed. If that doesn't work, we can probably set up a less regular but more profitable tournament series (since Charles still retains his TO status) along the lines of the Dual Land drafts.

Unless it's a Premiere-level event, I absolutely will not attend any Millennium Games functions. I simply do not have enough confidence in the other TO (specifically, his judging) to warrant going.

NANTUKO_SHADY
05-06-2007, 09:39 PM
I understand Dave's anger, as I am rather ticked off about this as well. I was especially enflamed today, when I saw how big of a jerk Ed Fear can be. He straight up bitched out Dave Price, just for telling us that he didn't want to come to Millenium anymore due to how Charles was treated. I def. think Fear was out of line.

Anyways, on to tournaments. I think i will still attend millenium, as there is really no other choice for weekly Legacy. If something actually gets off the ground in regards to Baldo's, or an alternative playing site, then you can probably count me being there over Millenium. I hope this issue can resolve in Ed Fear calling Chuck to return and apologize to him for being a noob.

noobslayer
05-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Sadly I don't see that happening. I'm glad to see so many people support Charles though. I don't care who you are though, you can't treat your employees AND your customers in that manner and hope to retain a reputable base of reliable business coming to your store.

Deck Dont Matter
05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree that this was a event that stems from many issues that have been occuring at Millennium in the past few weeks that have been leading to Ed Fear banning more then a few...There has been rumors of change in ownership in the near future...I hope this occuers sooner then later...I still will go to tourneys, hang out there, and buy my gaming product from there...its a just stupid that Ed was in one of his moods and this occurred.

freakish777
05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
I'll likely be headed to Millennium this Sunday at the very least since I'm at 1791 and can hopefully go 2-0 drop for the bye at Columbus. After this weekend it will depend on whether or not there's some regular tournaments that can be set up.

The next time I am in the store, I am liable to ask whoever's there to speak to Ed. If that doesn't work, we can probably set up a less regular but more profitable tournament series (since Charles still retains his TO status) along the lines of the Dual Land drafts.

While I'm sure my collection isn't as large as other's, I'd be willing to try and help fund prize support for new tournaments to get the ball rolling on this.

cdr
05-11-2007, 08:23 AM
If you check the Tournament Locator, Millennium hasn't sanctioned any legacy events yet. Since at least a week in advance is needed for sanctioning, this weekend's won't be at the very least.

bigbear102
05-11-2007, 11:12 AM

And yes, I am pretty sure Baldo's is still around, perhaps I will start going there.

Competely irrelevant to everything, but I just thought that I would point out that Dave misspelled friends twice, and did it in different ways in this post, lol.

On a side note I can say that I know how you guys feel thinking that the management of your store has no respect for the customers. You at least had a competent judge for a while, we didn't even have a level 1. Good Luck getting the ball rolling somewhere else, our Comixzone experiment has turned out quite nicely.

kirdape3
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I actually have a question for the Syracuse guys:

What would it take as far as prizes to get you guys out for say a monthly tournament series? I'm not necessarily suggesting a Duel for Duals every month (those would probably take a little bit more than a month to set up), but how much of a prize structure would you need to make it worthwhile to attend?

Zach Tartell
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
I actually have a question for the Syracuse guys:

What would it take as far as prizes to get you guys out for say a monthly tournament series? I'm not necessarily suggesting a Duel for Duals every month (those would probably take a little bit more than a month to set up), but how much of a prize structure would you need to make it worthwhile to attend?

I'd make it out if it were like store-credit money-back to 4th or something. Maybe that needs a bit more explaination. If we could get like 30 man tournaments (we had a 20 man local a couple weeks ago, say even a third of us are able to make to to Crotchester, plus whatever you have, I reckon that might be possible from what I've heard), something like the 4- [Blue Dual] Tournaments wouldn't be enough. Maybe like $150 store credit (if it's worth getting it at the store - I've never been myself) or something, where you could pick up like a set of duals+ for first, and like eighty for second or something, I'd be down. I'm not too sure how I feel about set prizes - Ray's Point System worked splendidly, the ones he had at TMLO's.

Like, for instance, I don't want to win a set of FOW's (Unless they're foreign), then have to sell them back to the store for like a third of their price just to make gas money. If I could pick up like two FBB duals or something in their stead, that'd rock.

In conclusion, I reckon you'd need a good prize package (or just a good dealer/store), gaurentee (I can't spell) like 25+ men to get the prizes high enough to warrant me driving my ass out there, and, maybe some hot Yugioh moms to stare at between rounds.