PDA

View Full Version : [Investigation] Did I miss something?

Happy Gilmore
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
I was checking around to see if there was a possibility that other cards that were powerlevel erata'd before had changed. Take a look at this:

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=5833

I don't even know what that means, but it makes me wonder.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Basically it's just a trick to make them die during the discard step, instead of the End of Turn step, so you can't use them for a White Ball Lightning.

Ewokslayer
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM
When they put Mirage on MTGO they had to find away to make the instant enhantments work.
So they came up with Substance (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/satschoolarchive&term=substance)

So know you can cast Waylay after end of turn triggers go on the stack and make 3 2/2s but when they lose substance at the actual end of turn they will die.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm really glad that they were busy making sure that White Weenie didn't ruin the GP.

Sarcasticemoticonsmileyface.

Ewokslayer
05-06-2007, 11:23 PM
I think that change to Waylay was done a very long time ago, like when they made the change to time vault.

cdr
05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Waylay was mentioned in Power-Level-Errate-B-Gone (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/af127), so it shouldn't be a surprise.

They changed Waylay originally so that it didn't affect real formats - a long time ago, way before Time Vault.

The current wording is correct under their policy.

Happy Gilmore
05-06-2007, 11:32 PM
I had just never heard of it before. What a strange keyword.

also has everyone caught on that Basalt Monolith's powerlevel errata has been changed?

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=2

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but 3UU infinite mana combos aren't as impressive as 1U win combos.

Happy Gilmore
05-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but 3UU infinite mana combos aren't as impressive as 1U win combos.

QFT. I'm just supprized no one has tried it since the change. Before Flash Hulk it might not have been that horrible, especially since you can divide it up over two turns.

cdr
05-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh, people tried it. I don't think it worked out so well.

C.P.
05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
QFT. I'm just supprized no one has tried it since the change. Before Flash Hulk it might not have been that horrible, especially since you can divide it up over two turns.

It's probably due to the fact that it dies to a simple needle and is suceptable to any kind of artifact/enchantment hate. Power artifact is not exactly an easy card to get, and that's probably another reason they get little attention.

It looks pretty weak, in any case.

Happy Gilmore
05-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh, people tried it. I don't think it worked out so well.

Lol, with all the horrible decks in Developemental I am just surprised I have never noticed the erata until now. I bet your right, it doesn't seem all that good.

Still, a two card combo that makes infinite mana in a format with both Brain Geyzer and Stroke is interesting.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Grim Monolith- Power Artifact was strong in Extended, but that was because it was a fundamental turn faster- you could play Monolith on turn 2, then Power Artifact on turn 3. You have to play Monolith on turn 3 (not to mention, make the third land drop). It was also old Extended, not new Legacy.

TheAardvark
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Power Artifact was never legal in Extended. The oldest sets ever allowed in Extended were Revised and The Dark.

Just saying.

Nightmare
05-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I've tried every incarnation of Power Monolith possible. The deck sucks.

iOWN
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
That's why you replace Power Artifact with Mesmeric Orb.

Nightmare
05-07-2007, 03:27 PM
That's why you replace Power Artifact with Mesmeric Orb.Been there too. Still not good.

Happy Gilmore
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Been there too. Still not good.

If your going to test a horrible deck the least you could do Adam is post it on The Source so the rest of us can tell you just how bad it is, shish :rolleyes: .