PDA

View Full Version : To those Syracuse peeps who want to attend Columbus

Di
05-07-2007, 09:25 PM
As some of you may know, Adam, Bryant, and myself are currently in need of a ride down to Columbus. After speaking with Nick, he said he is going to be driving down, and will be able to seat 5 people. However, we want to get a head count of all the people from Syracuse who plan on making the trip down there so we can all get proper driving accomodations and whatnot settled.

So, if you're a Syracuse person (you know who you are) and plan on attending Columbus, post in this thread so we can get an idea on what to do.

Also, Nick requested that everyone who plans on going to please go to ComixZone on Saturday, as it will be easier to square things away in person rather than online.

Bryant Cook
05-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Thank you Nick. Everyone do the best you can to get to COMIXZONE saturday!

Mulletus
05-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I am pretty sure that me, merwin, doug, and walace have the seats in nick's car.

Caboose
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
My place is still open to EPIC. Just saying...

Di
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
My place is still open to EPIC. Just saying...

That is a nonissue considering we currently have no means of transportation. From what John just said, if that is true (something Nick never mentioned to me), then we will be in pickle to get down there. I don't know about anyone else going down. Hollywood maybe?

Nightmare
05-08-2007, 08:09 AM
I think Hollywood's car is full, or at least it was when I talked to Teachout last night. If Nick can help us out, that would be great, but we should try to meet at Comixzone anyway to plan.

Edit - I looked into rentals. They're actually pretty cheap.

calosso
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Why don't you fly? That is what I am doing so I can go to school friday and monday. It is not that expensive, it is like 120-150.

Nightmare
05-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Why don't you fly? That is what I am doing so I can go to school friday and monday. It is not that expensive, it is like 120-150.Because we can split a rental car 4 ways and make the whole trip cost less than one plane ticket?

Mulletus
05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
If you rent a U-haul, it would save on hotel prices also.

Watcher487
05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Because we can split a rental car 4 ways and make the whole trip cost less than one plane ticket?

Don't take those prices for granted... some places charge more if you do heavy mileage or even leave the state. Like I told Wasted yesterday over PM and AIM I have 1 empty spot in the car, but your going to have to deal with me for the trip.

Nightmare
05-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Enterprise has unlimited miles through NY, PA, and OH.

Watcher487
05-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Enterprise has unlimited miles through NY, PA, and OH.

Well, not from Albany... but whatever.

Shriekmaw
05-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I guess the easiest way to try to come to some sort of understanding with traveling arrangements is how many people from Syracuse that plan to go to the GP have a car?

Where are the rest of the Syracuse players? I have only heard from a select few.

I'm not sure how much would it cost for us to rent something where a lot of people can go or would it be better to just break it down and go in cars that people have?

Janos_Wuryon
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
If someone has a car they dont mind taking then splitting the gas and room is the way to go, on average the trips Ive gone on have been 4 man groups, going to richmond, jersey, toronto and a 2 man drive to masachusetts. All in all a four man trip to columbus by POV is about 30-40 a man for gas and tolls. As long as someone doesnt mind the wear and tear thats the way to go because if you rent you got the car fee, insurance and you still pay for gas and tolls.

Mr.T
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I want to headout early Friday morning, to play friday night, if Epic needs a ride I may beable to bring them. I'll know more detail on Saturday. It wouldn't be a legacy Gp without some of the best players from cuse there.

Shriekmaw
05-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I just wanted to update on the current ride situation for the upcoming GP. As I understand it correctly, Jason Merwin, Jason Wallace, and John Lacasse are going with me down to Columbus. I have another spot in the car since Doug said he is going down with Adam and those guys.

I just wanted to know if we have the whole car situation all set? Please let me know.

If anyone wants to do some playtesting during the week, just let us know that are planning on going down to the GP. Extra playtesting will never hurt.

Nightmare
05-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Nick, I believe Doug is with you guys, since right now our car is Me, Teachout, Bryant, Colin, and noobslayer when we pick him up in Roch. Call Doug and make sure.

Mulletus
05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Ok I think Im going to pay for the hotel today. I am free for testing in the morning and up untill 3ish mon thru thursday. That or after 11pm. Ill either post the total or edit this.