PDA

View Full Version : Witch Engine/Dance of the Dead

No_Life_No_Future
05-08-2007, 03:39 AM
So im not sure if I am interpreting the cards correctly or if the rules have changed but here is a combo idea I have:

Witch Engine
5B (6), Creature - Horror 4/4
Swampwalk.
{T}: Add {B}{B}{B}{B} to your mana pool. Choose an opponent. That opponent gains control of Witch Engine. Play this ability only any time you could play an instant.

Dance of the Dead
1B (2), Enchantment
When Dance of the Dead comes into play, if it's in play, it becomes an Aura with enchant creature. Put target creature card from a graveyard into play tapped under your control and attach Dance of the Dead to it.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, that player may pay {1}{B}. If he or she does, untap enchanted creature.
When Dance of the Dead leaves play, destroy enchanted creature. It can't be regenerated.

If I remeber right you can use the untap ability more than once--like brass man...

So my question is this:

Could you play dance of the dead targeting witch engine. At the begining of your upkeep tap witch engine (switch controlers goes on the stack but mana goes straight to the pool?) respond by untaping with Dance of the Dead, repeat for infinite mana?

I have a bad feeling this doesnt work.

TorpidNinja
05-08-2007, 08:02 AM
So im not sure if I am interpreting the cards correctly or if the rules have changed but here is a combo idea I have:

Witch Engine
5B (6), Creature - Horror 4/4
Swampwalk.
{T}: Add {B}{B}{B}{B} to your mana pool. Choose an opponent. That opponent gains control of Witch Engine. Play this ability only any time you could play an instant.

Dance of the Dead
1B (2), Enchantment
When Dance of the Dead comes into play, if it's in play, it becomes an Aura with enchant creature. Put target creature card from a graveyard into play tapped under your control and attach Dance of the Dead to it.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, that player may pay {1}{B}. If he or she does, untap enchanted creature.
When Dance of the Dead leaves play, destroy enchanted creature. It can't be regenerated.

If I remeber right you can use the untap ability more than once--like brass man...

So my question is this:

Could you play dance of the dead targeting witch engine. At the begining of your upkeep tap witch engine (switch controlers goes on the stack but mana goes straight to the pool?) respond by untaping with Dance of the Dead, repeat for infinite mana?

I have a bad feeling this doesnt work.

It doesn't work. The untap effect is a trigger and, thus, only occurs once per turn.

Barook
05-08-2007, 01:33 PM
besides that, once the mana ability resolves, the Witch Engine WILL change the controller because it's part of the ability.