PDA

View Full Version : GPT in Toronto

freakish777
05-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Does anyone from Rochester or Syracuse plan on making the Toronto GPT (this Sunday) and have space for me in their car? I'll be in Buffalo the day before for my sister's graduation from UB's Master's program. If so I'd like to hammer out details sooner rather than later seeing as how I'm getting to and from by train, and buying a ticket in one direction only would be ideal.

1791 DCI Eternal Rating FTL.

revenge_inc
05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I won't be going to either, but there are actually two Legacy tournaments in the Toronto area this weekend.

One for a Bazaar of Bagdad on Saturday (Possibly a Mox):

http://www.mtgontario.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5857

and the GPT this Sunday.

Edit: Neither are in Toronto proper, one is in Mississauga, the other in Oshawa (Skyfox Games makes Millennium look like a shopping mall)

...I wonder how many people will play Hulk Flash.

Shriekmaw
05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm going to save some money and not go to on this trip since the GP is the week after. If you really want to play in some trials, there will be quite a few in Columbus the day before the GP.

freakish777
05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm going to save some money and not go to on this trip since the GP is the week after. If you really want to play in some trials, there will be quite a few in Columbus the day before the GP.

Right, but those can't factor into rating for the 9 points I'm missing for 1 bye.

Gekoratel
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Worse case scenario you just play at Millenium and go 1-0 or 2-0 drop in order to get the final 9 points.

freakish777
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
That's what I may have to do, and just harass whoever is judging (since it won't be Chuck) to make sure and report to the DCI the same day.

Shriekmaw
05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
That's what I may have to do, and just harass whoever is judging (since it won't be Chuck) to make sure and report to the DCI the same day.

I know around here, reporting is always slow, usually takes anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks, sometimes longer. Coming up a few points short of a bye does suck indeed. I'm sure getting a few points in Rochester won't be a problem. This would be a little more difficult in Syracuse as the players that usually play are very good.